Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who reports the box scores to Newsday,the padding of goalie stats is out of hand. What do they do count missed shots as saves?

In my town the booster club pays someone to keep the stats. As far as goalie saves: For a goalie to be credited with a save , the ball must either touch her stick, her body, or the post. Wide shots are not goalie saves, but they are shots on goal.

Wide shots are not shots on goal, they are shots taken, or attempted, but not on goal

I quoted that straight from my Bryne Womens Scorebook

NCAA rules CLEARLY state that a shot that hits the pipe is NOT recorded as a save

But it is a Goalies best friend

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #109162 04/01/15 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who reports the box scores to Newsday,the padding of goalie stats is out of hand. What do they do count missed shots as saves?

In my town the booster club pays someone to keep the stats. As far as goalie saves: For a goalie to be credited with a save , the ball must either touch her stick, her body, or the post. Wide shots are not goalie saves, but they are shots on goal.

No dispute there. As a goalie mom, it's MY best friend too (my heart's best friend in really close games!)

Wide shots are not shots on goal, they are shots taken, or attempted, but not on goal

NCAA rules CLEARLY state that a shot that hits the pipe is NOT recorded as a save

But it is a Goalies best friend

CageSage #109191 04/01/15 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning teams report the stats and give game recaps.

Anonymous #109236 04/01/15 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ridiculous that it would say "wide" shot is a shot "on goal". They're complete opposites!

Anonymous #109239 04/01/15 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately Stats are usually kept by High School Girls who really don't know the game. Also I think the responsibility to
report and stats goes to the Home team.

Winning team reports the stats, and it is both team coaches responsibility to verify the information. This is not always done but should be, especially when students keep the book.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #109241 04/01/15 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division 1 should be a four way race.

The only teams that look to have a chance are Northport, Middle Country, West Islip and Smithtown West. Maybe Smithtown East or HHH can surprise and make a run but thats about it.

Down year for Division 1, no really strong teams.

Division 2 looks to have much stronger teams. Any predictions?

Smithtown East??? They lost to SWR who are horrible. Swr is Division 2 small school also. Prob no cuts at tryout. But maybe above poster correct. Div 2 stronger. muB

Anonymous #109245 04/01/15 10:31 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P

Unfortunately Stats are usually kept by High School Girls who really don't know the game. Also I think the responsibility to
report and stats goes to the Home team.

Winning team reports the stats, and it is both team coaches responsibility to verify the information. This is not always done but should be, especially when students keep the book.

My kids have been on teams where a parent kept the book. That was a travesty.

Anonymous #109272 04/02/15 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know nothing about LI Girls lacrosse if you think the two girls from "the losing team" needed to pad their stats. They are both very accomplished players with the one being a top 5 LI player.

Part of being a top player is helping those around you get better. 7 goals 4 assists and 5 goals 1 assist are impressive numbers. How do their teammates feel? Did they learn anything positive from playing in that game? What message is the coach sending to the rest of the girls on the team? Win at all cost? What are they going to do when these two girls graduate?

Glad my kid is not part of that program!

Glad to see WBab spread the ball around yesterday. Nice job coach! The program will be better off looking to play this way. The other way didn't work when Shannon was there, when Esposito was there or now.

Good luck the rest of the way out!

CageSage #109276 04/02/15 09:37 AM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Team manager should keep game book

Anonymous #109296 04/02/15 01:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy bro! SWR is not horrible...they beat Rocky Point. Give coaching staff at SWR credit. Smithtown East will get it together.

Sponsored Links
GG1 N J18 #109319 04/02/15 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18

On HS teams ? No such thing as a manager, assistant coach maybe.

Anonymous #109322 04/02/15 05:07 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18

On HS teams ? No such thing as a manager, assistant coach maybe.

I've never seen one on a girls' team.

Anonymous #109327 04/02/15 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division 1 should be a four way race.

The only teams that look to have a chance are Northport, Middle Country, West Islip and Smithtown West. Maybe Smithtown East or HHH can surprise and make a run but thats about it.

Down year for Division 1, no really strong teams.

Division 2 looks to have much stronger teams. Any predictions?

Smithtown East??? They lost to SWR who are horrible. Swr is Division 2 small school also. Prob no cuts at tryout. But maybe above poster correct. Div 2 stronger. muB

First off, I am not a SWR parent but my daughters have played various sports, including lax, with SWR girls for a number of years. Second, if you do not know the program, don't make stupid comments. While SWR just missed the playoffs last year, prior to that they lost in the counties, won a LI title and won a state title in 2012 and four other state titles in the 5 years prior. They are also 3-1 this year with their only loss a 2 goal loss to Haup.
Now if you said that Mt Sinai stinks, you might have something! Yes I am kidding so I don't need any MS parents going crazy.

CageSage #109330 04/02/15 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Record is deceiving. They have a weak schedule due to poor performance last year. And basically same team minus the all American kid. Added non impact freshman except for yj kid who can be an impact player. And great goalie. But that's not enough. Great program a few years ago. No more. Sad

Anonymous #109337 04/02/15 10:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Record is deceiving. They have a weak schedule due to poor performance last year. And basically same team minus the all American kid. Added non impact freshman except for yj kid who can be an impact player. And great goalie. But that's not enough. Great program a few years ago. No more. Sad

[lacrosse]

Page 146 of 219 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 218 219

Link Copied to Clipboard