Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 102 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 101 102
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #108694 03/29/15 07:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

Well 99 out of 100 nearly happened 3 times this weekend... Too funny.

And most of those private school teams are stacked with 19 year olds.

Looks Port Washington, another LI public gave Calvert Hall all they could handle in a close one. I guess LI publics can and do compete well with the Mighty MIAA.

Still not beating the MIAA though.

There were four games I'm aware of between LI publics and MIAA teams. 2 wins and 2 loses for each. Usually when a team loses it means that the team that won "beat" the other team. With that said, these games shouldn't even be close. MIAA schools recruit players, and are loaded with re-class, holdbacks and 19 year olds. (LI publics have nearly zero 19 year olds) LI publics have to assemble a team from the kids that live in a small geographic area. In many cases a few square miles. MIAA teams should be winning these games by 10 plus goals. Perhaps the MIAA is just a tad bit overrated...

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #108700 03/29/15 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

Looks Port Washington, another LI public gave Calvert Hall all they could handle in a close one. I guess LI publics can and do compete well with the Mighty MIAA.

Still not beating the MIAA though.

There were four games I'm aware of between LI publics and MIAA teams. 2 wins and 2 loses for each. Usually when a team loses it means that the team that won "beat" the other team. With that said, these games shouldn't even be close. MIAA schools recruit players, and are loaded with re-class, holdbacks and 19 year olds. (LI publics have nearly zero 19 year olds) LI publics have to assemble a team from the kids that live in a small geographic area. In many cases a few square miles. MIAA teams should be winning these games by 10 plus goals. Perhaps the MIAA is just a tad bit overrated...

Agreed! Would love to see some of the other top LI public progrsms play the MIAA

Anonymous #108743 03/29/15 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get confused by scores, logic or facts MIAA is better then everybody else, not because they can draw from a larger area, not because their kids are a year older it is because they are better then everybody else, always have been always will be......just ask them

Anonymous #108771 03/29/15 11:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched Port in several winter league games and came away extremely impressed with their speed and transitions. They will be a force to be reckoned with (from a GC guy)

The Hop #108909 03/30/15 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman beats Pat Med 8-2- not impressive.

Goalie with 21 saves 2 goals against, thats impressive.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #108966 03/31/15 09:40 AM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
This should surprise anyone. LI dominates the college scene. About 15% of all D1 mens lacrosse players are from LI. The only thing that I saw as a college player that made the Balti teams better was superior coaching and long standing lacrosse traditions. Long Island has more kids and better athletes. Plus, Long Island kids are not afraid to take the body!! The club scene has helped to make our HS programs stronger.

Anonymous #108979 03/31/15 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got to think God roots for Chaminade being that the St. A's boys have been inappropriately taught to pray in a three-point stance as opposed traditional kneeling preached at Chaminade...

Anonymous #108995 03/31/15 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman beats Pat Med 8-2- not impressive.

Goalie with 21 saves 2 goals against, thats impressive.

lets talk about Whitman after they play East (Smithtown and Hills)

Their schedule is full of Jv caliber teams. 8 of the 13 games left should not be a challenge. (Your season comes down to Smtithown East / west, Hills East, WI, Northport not your fault sect 11's)

jackstraw #109002 03/31/15 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
This should surprise anyone. LI dominates the college scene. About 15% of all D1 mens lacrosse players are from LI. The only thing that I saw as a college player that made the Balti teams better was superior coaching and long standing lacrosse traditions. Long Island has more kids and better athletes. Plus, Long Island kids are not afraid to take the body!! The club scene has helped to make our HS programs stronger.

Where did you find this stat Jed, would be interesting to see how the game is spreading at the college level

Anonymous #109005 03/31/15 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got to think God roots for Chaminade being that the St. A's boys have been inappropriately taught to pray in a three-point stance as opposed traditional kneeling preached at Chaminade...

That was cute
I like that!

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #109006 03/31/15 12:22 PM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
Hey Anon, I got it from InsideLacrosse. It has been posted on here as well.

Anonymous #109007 03/31/15 12:29 PM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
[url=http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/coughlin-2014-analysis-of-lacrosse-s-hotbeds-and-geography/28964][/url]

The Hop #109018 03/31/15 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's wrong with Smithtown West and their schedule?

They seem to be ducking some of the early heavyweights on their schedule(Bronxville & Garden City)...maybe they are not ready.

I know snow, cold, locusts, fire, etc. Some day they gotta play and show what they have.

Keep on playing the cupcakes - then claim to be the best.

Anonymous #109024 03/31/15 02:15 PM
T
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
T
What's wrong with Smithtown West and their schedule?

They seem to be ducking some of the early heavyweights on their schedule(Bronxville & Garden City)...maybe they are not ready.

I know snow, cold, locusts, fire, etc. Some day they gotta play and show what they have.

Keep on playing the cupcakes - then claim to be the best.

Which teams are on your list for quality competition? Who are they playing in the near future that will test them?

Back of the Cage
The Hop #109047 03/31/15 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thought out post on Smithtown West. I like the insight and analysis. Thank you

Page 38 of 102 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard