BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, April 13th Results

Carle Place over Calhoun, 14-11
Miller Place over Islip, 17-10
Garden City easily over Division, 18-4
Kings Park over East Hampton, 15-13
Mount Sinai doubles Comsewogue, 14-7
Babylon over Westhampton, 15-8
Harborfields over Rocky Point, 7-5
Port Washington over Locust Valley, 12-7
Deer Park over Bellport, 12-5
St. Anthony's handles St. John the Baptist, 18-4
Kellenber over Our Lady of Mercy, 18-12

Highlights

Huge comeback for Kings Park who were down against East Hampton by a score of 10-6 at the half.

Bridget Greene had three goals to lead Harborfields (3-2) in Division II. Holly Leone forced five turnovers and Honey Roche forced four turnovers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ENOUGH ALREADY.

GO WATCH JERRY SPRINGER OR SOMETHING. YOUR POLLUTING THIS SITE AND TURNING MANY PARENTS OFF.
So what do you want to talk about.

go to the Yellow Jacket site if you want to talk BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to YJ site and talk BS? Get a life That was not necessary and extremely unprofessional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What most people don't get is Garden City is consistently good because of the youth and middle school teams, They want to produce good players, not just one or two. Don't scream at there 4th and 5th grade girls and kick buckets of balls over when they make mistakes. They teach all there kids , not just there own. Every school system should take notice of this , but some how they don't. In G.C. there is nothing special in the water, and no magic pill, they all work together and it shows.

What most people tend to think is that GC is consistently good because they get taught by the YJ's. But I agree with you. I think it is the other way around, where GC trains, and developes many skilled girls and YJ's or other clubs are lucky to get them.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, April 13th Results

Sacred Heart upsets Vero Beach (FL), 15-14

Details via Newsday Report

Aileen Carey scored on an 8-meter shot with 1:41 left in the first overtime as Sacred Heart edged Florida’s Vero Beach, 15-14, last night.

Becky Conto had forced overtime, scoring off a pass from Chrissy Corcoran, with two seconds left in regulation for Sacred Heart (6-0).

Vero Beach (14-2) was ranked 10th in the country by ESPN Rise and its only prior loss was to top-ranked McDonogh (Md.). Sacred Heart had entered the game ranked 19th and likley propelled themselves a few spots.

Carey’s winner was her fourth goal of the game. Meghan Breen added three goals, Maggie Comiskey and Erin Pfail each had two goals and an assist, and Nina Corcoran had a goal and four assists. Emma Salter made 13 saves and Kerriann Moran, Meghan Ginty and Annie Westlake anchored the Spartans defense.

Sacred Heart had beaten Lake Brantley, 16-7, on Tuesday in its first of three games against Florida’s top teams. They’ll conclude the road trip on Thursday night, taking on Bishop Moore in LarryMiller.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wishful thinking!!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, April 14th Results

Island Trees over Jericho, 18-5
Kings Park over Smithtown West, 11-9
Clarke over Sewanhaka, 17-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what the goalie did was a smart, and athletic move/decision,not just that play but throughout the whole game she was smart in what she did. Goalies are not just made to sit in the cage anymore. Its a new style of play to have goalies come out, almost as a 5th defender. It truly showed her athletic abilities running out and intercepting passes, and quite frankly if you don't like the style of play stop watching lacrosse because theres a goalie revolution!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what the goalie did was a smart, and athletic move/decision,not just that play but throughout the whole game she was smart in what she did. Goalies are not just made to sit in the cage anymore. Its a new style of play to have goalies come out, almost as a 5th defender. It truly showed her athletic abilities running out and intercepting passes, and quite frankly if you don't like the style of play stop watching lacrosse because theres a goalie revolution!
Really, jumping on the back of a field player, causing her to get hurt, putting a player on the 8 with the goalie 4 meters behind, and giving a a goal is a smart play to you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was a good play who cares about the 8 meter shot there was .6 seconds left. In essence Hills wasn't going to win anyways and you cant go back and change what she did, anyway Sachem won the game is over.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was a good play who cares about the 8 meter shot there was .6 seconds left. In essence Hills wasn't going to win anyways and you cant go back and change what she did, anyway Sachem won the game is over.
So your saying its ok to hurt a girl so long as you win? Yon need help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your absolutely 100% right about the goalie revolution, I've watch three goalie play like that this year lindenhurst,ESM and bayport goalie.All of these girls have great athletic abilities and their lax IQ is through the roof

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant believe your saying East is "doing better than expected" do you mean you expected them to lose to 4 of the worst teams in suffolk, they have played nobody except W.I. who they lost too

East is 8-1 overall now. They should have and could have beat West Islip but they didn't come out and play like they can and should have. No that's not an excuse, but every team has those days. As for winning to 4 of the worst teams in Suffolk, yes they have had a somewhat easy schedule so far by playing brentwood, copiague and walt whitman. But William Floyd is usually one of the elite teams. Miller Place, there first non-league game, is not too shabby of a team. Comsewogue, there second non-league game, is not a bad team as well. They just recently beat Half Hollow Hills who is a good team and this past weekend they beat Sachem North one of there biggest rivals. Sachem East is stepping up and becoming one of those powerhouses slowly but surely. Whether or not they played some mediocre teams, the powerhouses like Ward Melville have played mediocre teams as well. As for the 8th grader, she is an awesome player and deserves to be on that team and I can say so myself because I am one of her teammates. As for the goalie, she is a phenomenal goalie and deserves to be in the cage as well. Whether there close with the A.D or the coach, there talent surpasses the politics that may be going on in Sachem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The goalie stepped out of the cage to try and intercept that pass. She did not go out and do it on purpose to hurt the Hills girl. She does in practice as well, she's not a dirty player she's just an athletic player. She users her athleticism to help out the defense, it's being smart. The girl may have fallen down, but she was fine afterwards. The attacker could have fallen and gotten hurt if it was a defender going at her instead of the goalie. The goalie was just doing her job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the ridiculous bickering will never end.............

ESM vs SWR. Good game? Anyone see it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant believe your saying East is "doing better than expected" do you mean you expected them to lose to 4 of the worst teams in suffolk, they have played nobody except W.I. who they lost too

East is 8-1 overall now. They should have and could have beat West Islip but they didn't come out and play like they can and should have. No that's not an excuse, but every team has those days. As for winning to 4 of the worst teams in Suffolk, yes they have had a somewhat easy schedule so far by playing brentwood, copiague and walt whitman. But William Floyd is usually one of the elite teams. Miller Place, there first non-league game, is not too shabby of a team. Comsewogue, there second non-league game, is not a bad team as well. They just recently beat Half Hollow Hills who is a good team and this past weekend they beat Sachem North one of there biggest rivals. Sachem East is stepping up and becoming one of those powerhouses slowly but surely. Whether or not they played some mediocre teams, the powerhouses like Ward Melville have played mediocre teams as well. As for the 8th grader, she is an awesome player and deserves to be on that team and I can say so myself because I am one of her teammates. As for the goalie, she is a phenomenal goalie and deserves to be in the cage as well. Whether there close with the A.D or the coach, there talent surpasses the politics that may be going on in Sachem.

Every team has one of those days, when they play a better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes good game both teams played great, both goalies played exceptionally well for 9th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM vs SWR was a great game and the level of play was outstanding. Very exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the ridiculous bickering will never end.............

ESM vs SWR. Good game? Anyone see it?

Little disappointed thought Esm would be better- swr played exceptionally well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The positive comments concerning the game is refreshing and encouraging. Hope it keeps up. I am an ESM parent and even though our team lost it was a good game. The kids played well and kudos to SWR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes glad the comments are postive and both teams played well and Esm and SWR should be proud of how they played. Great game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What most people don't get is Garden City is consistently good because of the youth and middle school teams, They want to produce good players, not just one or two. Don't scream at there 4th and 5th grade girls and kick buckets of balls over when they make mistakes. They teach all there kids , not just there own. Every school system should take notice of this , but some how they don't. In G.C. there is nothing special in the water, and no magic pill, they all work together and it shows.

What most people tend to think is that GC is consistently good because they get taught by the YJ's. But I agree with you. I think it is the other way around, where GC trains, and developes many skilled girls and YJ's or other clubs are lucky to get them.

Wrong, although you's like to think so. The GC youth program is parent coached. The best players in 6,7,8 grade play for the club teams which is where they learn the game. If these players did not play Club Lax and relied on the GC parent coaches they would be nowhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some one please clarify this for a ignorant guy (me)... all these girls are "playing lacrosse " at these schools or are they attending these schools?? I noticed 2 goalies from the same high school are committed to play D-1?? there couldn't have been enough playing time for both of them in High school so I will assume that the recruiting looks came from there club team

Most likely it is from playing Club...probably does't hurt to have friends in High places.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport gets 2nd league loss today. after getting dumped on by st anthonys saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport score what? Any other scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your opening your mouth but do you even know anything about the Sachem East program or did you even watch the game? It was quite obvious that East was the better team that day they just lost their groove just like many teams do. It happens, you can't expect teams to be perfect every single game everyone has there off days. Hopefully East gets the chance to play West Islip in the playoffs to prove to people like you who like to run their mouths what they're really made of. I really hope that your a kid on a high school team and not a parent because if you are, shame on you. East is a good program this year and can compete, so be ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong, although you's like to think so. The GC youth program is parent coached. The best players in 6,7,8 grade play for the club teams which is where they learn the game. If these players did not play Club Lax and relied on the GC parent coaches they would be nowhere.
You just proved 2 things.
1 you are new to lacrosse, Everyone knows that Garden City has been a lacrosse powerhouse, in the boys game for nearly 100 years, and n the girls game for at least 30, well before there was even a dream of travel lacrosse.

2, you know nothing of Garden City (or Manhasset for that matter). Most parents came up through the G.C. system and moved back. Or , most parent coaches from G.C. played the game at a very high level , and know the game better than then some high school coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, you are wrong. My daughters PAL coaches both played lacrosse in college so she is learning a lot with out being on a club. GC is filled with parents who were athletes and now share their knowledge. ARe there some parent coaches who do not know the game as well, yes.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, April 16th Results

Sachem East over Smithtown West, 20-18, Overtime
Ward Melville over Northport, 11-9
East Islip over West Islip, 14-9
West Hempstead over Hempstead, 15-6 (Haltime : 12-2)
Sachem North over Lindenhurst, 9-8
Island Trees over Carle Place, 18-13
Bay Shore over Half Hollow Hills, 19-7
North Babylon doubles Riverhead, 18-9
Lynbrook edges Oceanside, 8-7
North Shore quadruples Mineola, 16-4
Pat-Med edges Walt Whitman, 10-9
Baldwin over Holy Trinity, 13-7
Clarke over Friends Academy, 16-9
Freeport over Elmont, 16-3

Highlights

Two big results and great games on today's docket.

Yuna Hur scored two of her three goals in the second half, including one with 6:14 left to give Ward Melville (6-0) the win over a key conference rival in Division I. Northport takes their second loss of the season in conference play.

Corinne Donohue scored with five seconds left in the first OT period to put Sachem East (6-1) ahead in Division I. Sophomore Katie Trombetta scored a career-high nine goals and added an assist and Jackie Wasilko had five goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The goalie stepped out of the cage to try and intercept that pass. She did not go out and do it on purpose to hurt the Hills girl. She does in practice as well, she's not a dirty player she's just an athletic player. She users her athleticism to help out the defense, it's being smart. The girl may have fallen down, but she was fine afterwards. The attacker could have fallen and gotten hurt if it was a defender going at her instead of the goalie. The goalie was just doing her job.
what happened today Super goalie got out played by a back up , so lets here your lame excuses, really good goalies are consistent , your going to get shelled against bay Shore, you can't play the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your opening your mouth but do you even know anything about the Sachem East program or did you even watch the game? It was quite obvious that East was the better team that day they just lost their groove just like many teams do. It happens, you can't expect teams to be perfect every single game everyone has there off days. Hopefully East gets the chance to play West Islip in the playoffs to prove to people like you who like to run their mouths what they're really made of. I really hope that your a kid on a high school team and not a parent because if you are, shame on you. East is a good program this year and can compete, so be ready.
wake up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem East is weak, they beat Sachem North, wow. and when was Floyd considered a power house. you lost to west Islip, everyone is beating west islip. you will not beat ward melville, bayshore, east islip, northport, west baylon, but you beat hills who is probably better than you, your probably an 8 or 9 seed. good luck to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats 2 losses for Port half way thru, have nothing this year, dynasty is over. I guess past post was correct, all good Yellow jackets live in Garden city (516).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem East is weak, they beat Sachem North, wow. and when was Floyd considered a power house. you lost to west Islip, everyone is beating west islip. you will not beat ward melville, bayshore, east islip, northport, west baylon, but you beat hills who is probably better than you, your probably an 8 or 9 seed. good luck to you.
Finally.... the truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Monday, April 16th Results

Middle Country over Connectquot 16-8
Sachem East over Smithtown West, 20-18, Overtime
East Islip over West Islip, 14-9
West Hempstead over Hempstead, 15-6 (Haltime : 12-2)
Sachem North over Lindenhurst, 9-8
Island Trees over Carle Place, 18-13
Bay Shore over Half Hollow Hills, 19-7
North Babylon doubles Riverhead, 18-9
Lynbrook edges Oceanside, 8-7
North Shore quadruples Mineola, 16-4
Pat-Med edges Walt Whitman, 10-9
Baldwin over Holy Trinity, 13-7
Clarke over Friends Academy, 16-9
Freeport over Elmont, 16-3

Highlights

Two big results and great games on today's docket.

Yuna Hur scored two of her three goals in the second half, including one with 6:14 left to give Ward Melville (6-0) the win over a key conference rival in Division I. Northport takes their second loss of the season in conference play.

Corinne Donohue scored with five seconds left in the first OT period to put Sachem East (6-1) ahead in Division I. Sophomore Katie Trombetta scored a career-high nine goals and added an assist and Jackie Wasilko had five goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey sachem A-Hole. No one cares. Go beat your dog and leave this thread.

what happened today Super goalie got out played by a back up , so lets here your lame excuses, really good goalies are consistent , your going to get shelled against bay Shore, you can't play the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats 2 losses for Port half way thru, have nothing this year, dynasty is over. I guess past post was correct, all good Yellow jackets live in Garden city (516).

Please!! Stop the nonsense! GC people should be a little more humble! You have a hole in your program at the 2014 and 2015 age groups! Things will change by next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh...So this is the Sachem thread. Dont you have a neighbor you can talk to? Have some self pride you are embarrassing yourself and your school. GET LOST!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please!! Stop the nonsense! GC people should be a little more humble! You have a hole in your program at the 2014 and 2015 age groups! Things will change by next year!
I wonder if your the same person that said G.C. graduated too many seniors last year and there not going to do well this year. Are you crazy saying 2015 has holes, Everybody raves about the Y.J. 2015 blue team, (for good reason) and there are what 5 girls from G.C. on that team. Personally, Garden City parents, and players are being pretty humble? I , for one do not live in G.C. but know they are the best team in the country , and have been for 7 years. All there other Schools come on here boasting, Sachem East, Northport ,E.S.M. etc..., but none of them are as prolific as G.C. I envy there level of commitment to all there girls (Academically , and in sports) not to just one or two "special" girls. So until all the rest of you figure this one simple point out, and stop being selfish, you will always be an also ran

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if your the same person that said G.C. graduated too many seniors last year and there not going to do well this year. Are you crazy saying 2015 has holes, Everybody raves about the Y.J. 2015 blue team, (for good reason) and there are what 5 girls from G.C. on that team. Personally, Garden City parents, and players are being pretty humble? I , for one do not live in G.C. but know they are the best team in the country , and have been for 7 years. All there other Schools come on here boasting, Sachem East, Northport ,E.S.M. etc..., but none of them are as prolific as G.C. I envy there level of commitment to all there girls (Academically , and in sports) not to just one or two "special" girls. So until all the rest of you figure this one simple point out, and stop being selfish, you will always be an also ran

If you don't live in G.C. maybe you should leave their defense to themselves. Unless of course you are (a) An out of work lawyer who needs an outlet, (b) Totally alone and in need of some self inflicted drama to make you feel alive, or (c) Someone who has been controlled by a dominating spouse and finally has something to say (if that's the case I applaud your victory over abuse but please spare us the journey, they have therapy for that.) Either way let it go.

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard