BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 38 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did Manhasset play Boy's Latin? I don't see a box score.

Manhasset played Boys Latin last weekend at One Love Springfest at St. Paul's in Maryland. GC also played against St. Paul's. The GC box score is on MSG Varsity and Newsday. The Manhasset game is not listed in their schedule on MSG or Newsday and no box score.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like another tough year for NP. I thought they would play Syosset to a 1 goal game

I am not sure how to write this without getting censored but I will try,

You should have tried harder. The poster from Syosset continues to single out individual players.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like another tough year for NP. I thought they would play Syosset to a 1 goal game

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa is a dynasty, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dynasty after 1 good year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have local scores from yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have tried harder. The poster from Syosset continues to single out individual players.

Never mentioned the player or the position so I am not sure why you refuse to allow a post about the game and how can you discuss a game without the fact that a difference maker for one of the teams did not play? It would be like not allowing us to say the weather was a factor because you don't want to single out mother nature

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from Massapequa, but will question those who are on here. Are you questioning the probability that Massapequa cant become a dynasty? Which year in the next few years are they soft, where do you see a down trotted year where they may not continue to rise for the next few years.

I also know this is a Varsity thread, I also know your Varsity program is only as good as those that are coming down the pipe. That pipeline looks god for Massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have local scores from yesterday?

http://sportscentral.msgvarsity.com/high-school/sports/sports.php?regionId=1&sportId=7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off the island a little north of us.

Bronxville v Mamaroneck Bronxville wins big Mamaroneck coming across the bridge this weekend.

John Jay vs Lakeland was a one goal game Hornet Rebels win. Next up for John Jay is Yorktown.

Yorktown has Jay then the 'Pac
Lakeland has a break till the play Shenedahowa

Further north

West Gennee vs Penfield Sat.

Nisky, Shenedahowa Shaker yet to play

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from Massapequa, but will question those who are on here. Are you questioning the probability that Massapequa cant become a dynasty? Which year in the next few years are they soft, where do you see a down trotted year where they may not continue to rise for the next few years.

I also know this is a Varsity thread, I also know your Varsity program is only as good as those that are coming down the pipe. That pipeline looks god for Massapequa

If you saw the St Anthonys scrimmage they do not look like a dynasty

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Never mentioned the player or the position so I am not sure why you refuse to allow a post about the game and how can you discuss a game without the fact that a difference maker for one of the teams did not play? It would be like not allowing us to say the weather was a factor because you don't want to single out mother nature

Completely ridiculous comparison. These kids are minors and protected by the law and the BOTC moderators.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For everyone who wants to discuss players by name, go to the laxpower boys lacrosse forums.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massapequa will be more then a Dynasty with "GOD" in the pipeline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

It has become impossible to discuss any game, boys or girls. I understand not using players names outright, I see the point in not using players numbers or initials, but not being able to discuss positions they play makes it imposable. I read that post about N-port before the raping of it and there was nothing wrong with what the poster said. This site has become ridicules

Completely ridiculous comparison. These kids are minors and protected by the law and the BOTC moderators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought God was on Chaminade's side, well the juniors and seniors anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman goalie off the charts good today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like someone was just singled out??

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

After discussions with our registered users it is their opinion that positive comments should be allowed. The moderators agreed to proceed allowing such posts. We will see how it goes.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After discussions with our registered users it is their opinion that positive comments should be allowed. The moderators agreed to proceed allowing such posts. We will see how it goes.

Like that!

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Like that!

One of the benefits of registering is input and access to the moderators.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought God was on Chaminade's side, well the juniors and seniors anyway.

who does God route for when Chammy plays SA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty inappropriate for any of you to be bringing religion into this. Very unnecessary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty inappropriate for any of you to be bringing religion into this. Very unnecessary.

Religion was not bought into this, G*D was - two different concepts. It was because of a typo in the original post an O was left out of good. All in good fun. good luck to all the boys playing in the winter wonderland today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ha, I wrote it and am a SA parent. It was a joke based on the typo. no one was bashing God or religion. Was actually trying to lighten up some of often negative bashing and have a laugh with the original poster. Sorry if we all somehow offended you but you really need to take things a little less serious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which games were canceled is wi chammy on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset game was played. Syosset 10 Farmingdale 1

Hopefully all games on turf fields will be played, it was cold but fine to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

Heard it was canceled did they actually play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham won 8-5. See replay on MSG Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close game today Mamaroneck home against Wantagh. 11-10 Wantagh final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cham won 8-5. See replay on MSG Varsity

Interesting that Chaminade had such a close game with WI. Kind of what I figured.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

Well 99 out of 100 nearly happened 3 times this weekend... Too funny.

And most of those private school teams are stacked with 19 year olds.

Looks Port Washington, another LI public gave Calvert Hall all they could handle in a close one. I guess LI publics can and do compete well with the Mighty MIAA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

Looks Port Washington, another LI public gave Calvert Hall all they could handle in a close one. I guess LI publics can and do compete well with the Mighty MIAA.

Still not beating the MIAA though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were four games I'm aware of between LI publics and MIAA teams. 2 wins and 2 loses for each. Usually when a team loses it means that the team that won "beat" the other team. With that said, these games shouldn't even be close. MIAA schools recruit players, and are loaded with re-class, holdbacks and 19 year olds. (LI publics have nearly zero 19 year olds) LI publics have to assemble a team from the kids that live in a small geographic area. In many cases a few square miles. MIAA teams should be winning these games by 10 plus goals. Perhaps the MIAA is just a tad bit overrated...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were four games I'm aware of between LI publics and MIAA teams. 2 wins and 2 loses for each. Usually when a team loses it means that the team that won "beat" the other team. With that said, these games shouldn't even be close. MIAA schools recruit players, and are loaded with re-class, holdbacks and 19 year olds. (LI publics have nearly zero 19 year olds) LI publics have to assemble a team from the kids that live in a small geographic area. In many cases a few square miles. MIAA teams should be winning these games by 10 plus goals. Perhaps the MIAA is just a tad bit overrated...

Agreed! Would love to see some of the other top LI public progrsms play the MIAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get confused by scores, logic or facts MIAA is better then everybody else, not because they can draw from a larger area, not because their kids are a year older it is because they are better then everybody else, always have been always will be......just ask them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched Port in several winter league games and came away extremely impressed with their speed and transitions. They will be a force to be reckoned with (from a GC guy)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman beats Pat Med 8-2- not impressive.

Goalie with 21 saves 2 goals against, thats impressive.

Page 14 of 38 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard