BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade - the Johns Hopkins of High School lacrosse - used to be great

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dartmouth of hs lax
Oh wait IVY s are not worthy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Moran doesn't care that the JV beat Pequas JV. He's only concerned with the Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is embarrassing for St. A's or Chaminade to ever lose to a public school. It should not happen...Congrats to Massapequa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa beat Chaminade for the first time in many years.

St. Anthony's bested Massapequa last week in a scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It really is embarrassing for St. A's or Chaminade to ever lose to a public school. It should not happen...Congrats to Massapequa.

This statement is getting old, not to mention it's just foolish.

Why shouldn't they ever lose to a public? Why do some here degrade competitive public programs in this way?

As we all know, there are some towns where the game is nurtured from a very young age. The "better" athletes gravitate to lacrosse and play together for their entire childhood. Not only do they play PAL together, but they might also have a travel town team. Some may play on different club teams, but they always come back together for town when needed. By the time these players enter middle school, the high school team is already selected and the players are well indoctrinated in the style of play and culture of the high school team before they even get there. Massapequa fits this mold perfectly.

There are 20,000 plus kids living in Massapequa. If the lacrosse machine there plays its cards right it should remain competitive for many years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed. that poster needs to get over the unfounded myth that Chammy gets the cream of the crop from the publics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well put. while some may peel off and decide to attend catholic school for various reasons, it doesn't mean that they are the best of the towns players. that may happen in some cases but ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement is getting old, not to mention it's just foolish.

Why shouldn't they ever lose to a public? Why do some here degrade competitive public programs in this way?

As we all know, there are some towns where the game is nurtured from a very young age. The "better" athletes gravitate to lacrosse and play together for their entire childhood. Not only do they play PAL together, but they might also have a travel town team. Some may play on different club teams, but they always come back together for town when needed. By the time these players enter middle school, the high school team is already selected and the players are well indoctrinated in the style of play and culture of the high school team before they even get there. Massapequa fits this mold perfectly.

There are 20,000 plus kids living in Massapequa. If the lacrosse machine there plays its cards right it should remain competitive for many years to come.

It is a dumb argument. In NJ, two of the best teams of the last few years - Delbarton and Summit - beat each other up each year with each team having won games vs. the other in the past few years. We hear the same argument in NJ, but there is no reason the best publics in LI or NJ can't beat the best privates on a given day, or vice versa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly that run is over for some grades in Massapequa,because the coach is a jealous type, and always wants is son to be the best, he chased away the better kids, very sad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at game no kid on either team. Thought it was a good game. Mass came out fast jumped all over them and got some help from refs but looked good. Took a while for Chaminade to wake up. Breaking it down by half I think Chaminade out scored them second half. Someone said Chaminade had only 5 kids that played yesterday with real Varsity experience. If true they will be very good by years end. Who else is on Mass schedule that is worth talking about ??
Can someone explain to me what happened to the Mass player who got carried off ?? Did he knock himself out hitting himself in the head. I watched it on the computer when I got home and no one else touched him.

WISH BOTH TEAMS LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ward Melville 2013 sorry for being the best team in the NATION and being a public school:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly that run is over for some grades in Massapequa,because the coach is a jealous type, and always wants is son to be the best, he chased away the better kids, very sad.

Which grade you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at game no kid on either team. Thought it was a good game. Mass came out fast jumped all over them and got some help from refs but looked good. Took a while for Chaminade to wake up. Breaking it down by half I think Chaminade out scored them second half. Someone said Chaminade had only 5 kids that played yesterday with real Varsity experience. If true they will be very good by years end. Who else is on Mass schedule that is worth talking about ??
Can someone explain to me what happened to the Mass player who got carried off ?? Did he knock himself out hitting himself in the head. I watched it on the computer when I got home and no one else touched him.

Senseless post and kind of weird. No kid on either team and you went to the game and then watched it on the computer? Some help from the refs? So was it a tie if Chaminade scored more goals in the second half? 5 Chami kids with Varisity exeperience? Come on, get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird, Sounds to me like he may have been there watching a particular player. Recruiter from somehwhere. Player Must have been on Mass because all of the Chaminade kids are committed. Hopefully it is a school with lots of pictures in their text books.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Senseless post and kind of weird. No kid on either team and you went to the game and then watched it on the computer? Some help from the refs? So was it a tie if Chaminade scored more goals in the second half? 5 Chami kids with Varisity exeperience? Come on, get real.

Why is it weird? Maybe he is scouting for his own son, or team. Lots of parents and coaches do it. I know my son's coach was out scouting another team yesterday. And as for the all chaminade kids are committed comment. If I was the coach who committed some of them, I'd be shaking my head. The difference makers were on the other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa kids commited
schools.
Wesleyan
Yale
Georgia Tech
Holy cross
Marist
Hofstra
2 Binghamton
Albany

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa kids commited
schools.
Wesleyan
Yale
Georgia Tech
Holy cross
Marist
Hofstra
2 Binghamton
Albany

Georgia Tech? what sport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird, Sounds to me like he may have been there watching a particular player. Recruiter from somehwhere. Player Must have been on Mass because all of the Chaminade kids are committed. Hopefully it is a school with lots of pictures in their text books.

Recruiter / college coach watching this time of year? not likely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa kids commited
schools.
Wesleyan
Yale
Georgia Tech
Holy cross
Marist
Hofstra
2 Binghamton
Albany

Georgia Tech? what sport?

LOL was thinking the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
I will now delete the entire post if it contains offensive language.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
I will now delete the entire post if it contains offensive language.

Why should CHS get its own thread, a class
of 82 grad. This thread is a joke!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We can take the entire thread down. That will fix the problem.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
That's the fate of the boys varsity lacrosse thread if it doesn't change.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop
That's the fate of the boys varsity lacrosse thread if it doesn't change.

The maturity is amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You threaten taking the whole thread down because of a few bad apples? Don't understand that logic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private school all stars went down to public school team. Mommy and daddy should get over it. Bunch of sore losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private school all stars went down to public school team. Mommy and daddy should get over it. Bunch of sore losers.

Guess it's tough to take after paying that $$$ tuition bill, then seeing public kids winning not only at lax, but getting recruited by better schools. Love it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess it's tough to take after paying that $$$ tuition bill, then seeing public kids winning not only at lax, but getting recruited by better schools. Love it!

You people can't be grown ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who isn't lovin the blue collar public taking the high brow private to the woodshed!!! Great afternoon!
Very sweet, absolutely delicious! A milestone afternoon for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Yale, Duke, Colgate, Maryland, Penn, Notre Dame, Army, Washington & Lee, Boston University and Villanova must have plummeted in the college rankings.......I must have missed the news report.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You threaten taking the whole thread down because of a few bad apples? Don't understand that logic.

If we have to constantly put fires out because of those few bad apples, I will remove the thread. Then after a hiatus, someone who is registered will be able to start a new one, maybe!

If so called adults find it necessary to bash each other, I could care less. Leave the kids out of it and stop sparring with the moderators.
Trust me, we will win out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better coaching or paying to make the team please explain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am simply pointing out that other kids are smart and good at lax.You Chaminade/ Express guys think your on the planet alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, Chaminade/Express guys don't think they are on a planet alone: Delbarton has a good program too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what is so sad here watching grown men living vicariously through their sons sports. Why is it so hard to believe and understand its not an embarrassment for private school to lose to public school, both have a lot of great athletic kids. Why is it so hard to believe that even though a young man may play lacrosse that their parents are willing to spend for the Chaminade tuition based on their academics and the values instilled learned at Chaminade.

My son plays lacrosse but we chose the school to bring him around other intelligent kids and steer him away spending four years with the types of boys and girls raised by people who put down kids and think lacrosse is everything. When sports are over I want my son to have a great education in the real world and pride for the school he attended and all the classmates. Could not see that happening in public school with the jughead mentality of parents only focused on sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what is so sad here watching grown men living vicariously through their sons sports. Why is it so hard to believe and understand its not an embarrassment for private school to lose to public school, both have a lot of great athletic kids. Why is it so hard to believe that even though a young man may play lacrosse that their parents are willing to spend for the Chaminade tuition based on their academics and the values instilled learned at Chaminade.

My son plays lacrosse but we chose the school to bring him around other intelligent kids and steer him away spending four years with the types of boys and girls raised by people who put down kids and think lacrosse is everything. When sports are over I want my son to have a great education in the real world and pride for the school he attended and all the classmates. Could not see that happening in public school with the jughead mentality of parents only focused on sports.

Got news for you. All boys surrounded by clergy enclosed in a bubble. Hardly "real world" and will be a more difficult social adjustment to college than a public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kudos to Massapequa on a very good win, but please stop comparing Chaminade's lacrosse program to the Public schools. Year after year Chaminade will be among the Nations best "Top 20" where as a public school will have swings from good to very good to great depending on the talent pool. As mentioned in this Thread earlier Ward Melville 2013 National Champion but those seniors graduated and they go 12 and 5 in 2014.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comments are exactly why people don't like chaminade, and love to see them fail. Try being humble, And refrain from making disparaging comments without any basis. I guess all the Ivy,Duke,Hopkins,ND etc. Commits from our horrible public schools lack intelligence, have Jugheads for parents, and live only for lacrosse. Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the reason people get so up in arms about that school...Every comment you make (whether you mean it or not) comes off as you are better than the rest of the population.

There are only intelligent kids at your school and none of them care about lax?

And yet you, who cares nothing for the jughead mentality of publics and lax, are spending time on this site all about lax??? You have your own thread all about your school and lax, sounds like you are closer to Shoreham than you think.

Perhaps, we can all agree on one thing, whether our kids go to public or private, we all want the best for our children. All people tend to be the same in that they all think that whatever choices they made for their kids are the right, and best possible choices. Natural to disagree, isn't it?

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard