BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 6 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of you might find this interesting. Especially the poster claiming Chaminade is not ranked in the top 10.

Nike/LM High School Boys' Top 25:
March 24

1. Haverford School (Pa.)
2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T10. Bergen Catholic (N.J.)
T10. Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
16. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
T23. St. Ignatius (Calif.)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

We'll see how good these rankings are after this weekends game with WM who aren't even ranked. If Chaminade can win that one with a decent margin, then I'll believe they are legitimacy deserving such a high ranking.

It's already been proven wrong and that lists like this mean nothing at beginning of a new season...... Syosset beat Chaminade easily and made them look like a JVB team in their scrimmage last week and Syosset also beat Garden City with no problem a week after that. So a list like this makes no sense that those teams are in top 20 and a team like Syosset didn't even make top 25. These lists are a joke . I'm sure St. Anthony's agrees considering their ranking below Chaminade . Btw heard Syosset beat CSH today 11-4

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the haters on this thread. If you don't like Chaminade for being Catholic, or only admitting Catholics. don't send your son. if you don't like the boys only or the only upperclassmen play varsity, or the cost of the school, or any other facet of the school don't send your son. Everyone knows the basic rules to Chaminade, so if you don't agree than send your kid to your public school or to St.A ,K-berg, or S.J.B. I grew up in Mineola right across the street from Cham. and every day we would see bus loads of kids from all over going their, not to mention the dozens of kids that would walk to the train station to go either to the city or out east because there school would not bus them, so believe me if you don't like it there is no shortage of people to take a spot.

I think the issue is changing the rules to reflect the changing lacrosse landscape when it comes to lacrosse. Not playing varsity until 11th grade was fine 10 years ago but not fine now. These "rules" should change to reflect the new realities.

It can be argued that playing varsity as a freshman or sophomore means LESS today than ten years ago. There are many more opportunities today to be recruited, given the showcases and prospect days. Most college coaches won't even come to a high school game unless a championship is involved. Sure, it's great for the resume to list "varsity as a freshman", but unless you live in a town with a dominant program it doesn't matter. As well, are coaches clueless as to the cultures at schools that don't move underclassmen to varsity? Don't think so. Bottom line, there's no reason for the Catholics to change.
Cham. doesn't have to change with the landscape, even with the rules that are in place now they have easily 200 kids willing to try out. It's not your public school with over bearing parents pressuring the coach to take Johnny Lax's little brother too. If you don't like the rules at Cham step aside, there are 20 more, more than willing, to take that spot.They don't need your "super star" 9th grader, so send him back to where he came from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A shame no Chaminade or St. Anthony kids highlighted in this article about Super Sophs on varsity. http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...-as-li-lacrosse-season-begins-1.10116194

That's because sophomores don't contribute at chaminade. At other schools they are valued for their talent and and big contributors to their teams. A Shame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the haters on this thread. If you don't like Chaminade for being Catholic, or only admitting Catholics. don't send your son. if you don't like the boys only or the only upperclassmen play varsity, or the cost of the school, or any other facet of the school don't send your son. Everyone knows the basic rules to Chaminade, so if you don't agree than send your kid to your public school or to St.A ,K-berg, or S.J.B. I grew up in Mineola right across the street from Cham. and every day we would see bus loads of kids from all over going their, not to mention the dozens of kids that would walk to the train station to go either to the city or out east because there school would not bus them, so believe me if you don't like it there is no shortage of people to take a spot.

I think the issue is changing the rules to reflect the changing lacrosse landscape when it comes to lacrosse. Not playing varsity until 11th grade was fine 10 years ago but not fine now. These "rules" should change to reflect the new realities.

It can be argued that playing varsity as a freshman or sophomore means LESS today than ten years ago. There are many more opportunities today to be recruited, given the showcases and prospect days. Most college coaches won't even come to a high school game unless a championship is involved. Sure, it's great for the resume to list "varsity as a freshman", but unless you live in a town with a dominant program it doesn't matter. As well, are coaches clueless as to the cultures at schools that don't move underclassmen to varsity? Don't think so. Bottom line, there's no reason for the Catholics to change.
Cham. doesn't have to change with the landscape, even with the rules that are in place now they have easily 200 kids willing to try out. It's not your public school with over bearing parents pressuring the coach to take Johnny Lax's little brother too. If you don't like the rules at Cham step aside, there are 20 more, more than willing, to take that spot.They don't need your "super star" 9th grader, so send him back to where he came from.

Nobody is suggesting that they have to change, the question being raised is should they change. It sounds like they will, now it's just a matter of when.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why are some publics ranked above them???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you might find this interesting. Especially the poster claiming Chaminade is not ranked in the top 10.

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

We'll see how good these rankings are after this weekends game with WM who aren't even ranked. If Chaminade can win that one with a decent margin, then I'll believe they are legitimacy deserving such a high ranking.

Well , I'm sure they will do their best to convince you??

Right ... And it is important to know that many of the teams on this list will be playing Cham and St. Ants.

Why .... Because they are the best competition consistently.
Not only will Flyers play WM, but also St. A (2x), Delby, Pequa, Y-town, and Greenwich.
Add to that WI, Fairfield Prep.

StA has Cham, delby, Darien, haverford, and many other premier teams too.

No public has as tough a schedule.

And by the way over the past 5 years Cham has been the second most consistently superior program in the nation (second only to Haver Ford). Based on lax power final rankings. Fact !!!
...so really no need to "change" because some joe the plumber or car sales guy or stock broker or insurance guy says so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if they aren't nunber 1 in the country they should play freshman? That's the answer. If unhappy go somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

It's already been proven wrong and that lists like this mean nothing at beginning of a new season...... Syosset beat Chaminade easily and made them look like a JVB team in their scrimmage last week and Syosset also beat Garden City with no problem a week after that. So a list like this makes no sense that those teams are in top 20 and a team like Syosset didn't even make top 25. These lists are a joke . I'm sure St. Anthony's agrees considering their ranking below Chaminade . Btw heard Syosset beat CSH today 11-4

Chaminade beat St Anthonys in championship last year. Why surprised ranked lower? And CSH is not even in conversation. Not sure what point is there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grow the heck up. It's high school lacrosse. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A shame no Chaminade or St. Anthony kids highlighted in this article about Super Sophs on varsity. http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...-as-li-lacrosse-season-begins-1.10116194

That's because sophomores don't contribute at chaminade. At other schools they are valued for their talent and and big contributors to their teams. A Shame!

Oh yes. It was a brilliant and thought provoking article.

It's hard to understand the obsession with the lacrosse culture at the Catholics. It borders on envy, really. Schools only move underclass players up if needed. Many publics don't have the depth at the junior and senior level, so they draw deeper. Not to mention the cronyism that occurs in town athletics.

High level players at the Catholics are having no problem getting recruited, so that point is moot.

Kicking up the crap for crap's sake is just exposing the ignorance of those posters here. Chime on if that's who you are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again. The chaminade JV team would beat half the varsity teams on Long island and give the next 25% an even matchup. only the top 25% of teams on Long Island would consistently beat the Chammy JV. So play varsity all you want but what good is it when you lose to the Chammy JV.

Still, no answer to the question of what harm would it do to change? What are they afraid of? I bet now with all this chatter, they are thinking harder than ever about it and will eventually bend to the pressure. That's how it works at these schools. C'mon coach, give it a shot!

The bs on this website is not even on their radar by any stretch of the imagination. Lets just move on, kids get cut from freshman teams every year and are playing varsity in public the next season, if your looking to build a sports resume go public

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yes. It was a brilliant and thought provoking article.

It's hard to understand the obsession with the lacrosse culture at the Catholics. It borders on envy, really. Schools only move underclass players up if needed. Many publics don't have the depth at the junior and senior level, so they draw deeper. Not to mention the cronyism that occurs in town athletics.

High level players at the Catholics are having no problem getting recruited, so that point is moot.

Kicking up the crap for crap's sake is just exposing the ignorance of those posters here. Chime on if that's who you are.

Face the facts that frosh and sophs at Chaminade and St Anthony's wallow in obscurity for 2 years and then may never see the field as either Juniors or Seniors. Ugh - no thanks, you can have it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the full schedule for St Anthony's. It's definitely tougher than Chaminade's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do freshman and sophomores at St. Anthony's also not play on their Varsity team, I'm honesty just asking, not being critical. I live in Maryland and fromreading this thread, I had assumed it was something unique to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are you people going to get it? If Lacrosse is your families #1 priority and you want to play as an 8th or 9th grader, Chaminade is not for you PERIOD. Although Chaminade is very good in many sports, families are choosing Chaminade for the education and other offerings. Stay in publics that where you belong with this priority set.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whole lotta Turtles on that list...dam!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are you people going to get it? If Lacrosse is your families #1 priority and you want to play as an 8th or 9th grader, Chaminade is not for you PERIOD. Although Chaminade is very good in many sports, families are choosing Chaminade for the education and other offerings. Stay in publics that where you belong with this priority set.

This comment should read "...and you want to play as a 10th grader, Chaminade is not for you PERIOD."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brilliant !!!!! Guess you didnt read the article since it was a public school breakdown.

Again I will state.......The JV teams from St A and Chaminade would beat 50% of the Varsity teams in nassau and Suffolk. The only teams beating those JV's are the top 25% of all teams on Long Island. Oh yea...go to catholic school JV chamiopnship.....then you will see 20+ college coaches watching. Please stay at publics....pad your stats....we are just fine at the catholics and playing at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What to you think is the percentage of 9th and 10th graders in starting positions on the top 25 rank teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Brothers who run Chaminade also run Kellenberg, so not much of a difference there.

The Brothers? Express runs!

Please enlighten us as to how Express sets policy at Chaminade and Kellenberg.

50 kids were cut from Freshman team. Were any of the Express A, B or C players cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brilliant !!!!! ......The JV teams from St A and Chaminade would beat 50% of the Varsity teams in nassau and Suffolk. The only teams beating those JV's are the top 25% of all teams on Long Island.

Brilliant!!!!! if they would beat 50% of the Varsity teams yet only 25% of the varsity teams would beat them do we assume that 25% of the games are tied?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Face the facts that frosh and sophs at Chaminade and St Anthony's wallow in obscurity for 2 years and then may never see the field as either Juniors or Seniors. Ugh - no thanks, you can have it.

So using your logic, if they had been allowed to play varsity as Freshman and Sophomores they would have thrived as Juniors and Seniors but since they are not allowed to move up and are forced to work on their games for two years they are somehow never going to see the field as juniors and Seniors? seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So using your logic, if they had been allowed to play varsity as Freshman and Sophomores they would have thrived as Juniors and Seniors but since they are not allowed to move up and are forced to work on their games for two years they are somehow never going to see the field as juniors and Seniors? seriously?

I have seen some of these players playing in the summer too. Maybe they see better competition in the 40 games they play then, then the weak public school schedules they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up yours with that comment about weak public school schedules. Arogant P***k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are one team. all in it together. the jrs and seniors who will never play still have that on the resume'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up yours? Really? Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up yours? Really? Lol

cracked me up too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Chaminade beat Pequa today ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about just get a tutor and remember lacrosse is a game that will be over in a just a few short years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be surprised if kids need help with classes parents wouldn't get help
You're being a little bit condescending.
Yes even non "private" school kids have same goal
No pun intended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

Wow! Talk about overrated,should not even be in top 20 after today's performance. Looked weak in all areas, need some of that underclassmen fresh blood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep
Time to play the D 1 commits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a shame you ned to relive your failed sports youth through your kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG the sky is falling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring up freshmen
They are without question the Kentucky
of high school lax!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who isn't lovin the blue collar public taking the high brow private to the woodshed!!! Great afternoon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well , The Flyer JV team certainly didn't need any 9th graders to beat that bunch today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are truly beyond ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd varsity do against pequa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They must be doing something right- us lacrosse has them ranked in the top ten in the northeast and nationally

Well , The Flyer JV team certainly didn't need any 9th graders to beat that bunch today.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 6 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard