BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Lacrosse? Anyone concerned how this great academic institution is heavily influenced by a travel lacrosse program?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Game was canceled due to the weather

JV too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread reminds of the conversations that were brought upon my wife I and when we decided to enroll our children in private school. As in this thread, the questions and comments received were critical and reflected insecurity and a justification from those who chose public.

The Catholics are not the end-all-be-all by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it can be argued that in most school districts, the resources available to the students is much greater.

The decision of where to send your child is personal to the family. It's in poor taste for Chaminade parents to get on a forum and boast about the superiority of their school, in the same way as it is for people to be so critical of Chaminade. It's a great thing for us to all have choices where we live.

For the poster who asked how many Chaminade kids get into the ivy's, that's truly an ignorant question. If you haven't learned by now how the Ivy admissions quota has turned away from white, male, catholic, suburban, middle to upper class, private school kids, then you need to do some more research.

yes, if you need resources, public is definitely the way to go. you basically just said that all of our white boys aren't getting into ivy league anyway because of discrimination so why bother with a private education. that's some rationale you've got going on there. again, no one had to remotely boast until the lighting it up kid's dad interjected his snide remark.

Plenty of reasons for a family to choose private beyond the chance at an Ivy admission. Success can be achieved indefinitely without an Ivy education and Ivy doesn't guarantee success. Plenty of great schools otherwise. I feel sorry for any student or parent who puts their only hope for success on an Ivy League education.

Chaminade is catholic school, not a private school. one admission criteria: take a relatively easy test, if you pass, you get in, private schools have a real application process, no standardized test to pass and are exclusive.

Wrong. Catholic schools are private schools. The exclusivity of a school is an altogether different conversation.

Your answer is so perfect...you don't even realize

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread reminds of the conversations that were brought upon my wife I and when we decided to enroll our children in private school. As in this thread, the questions and comments received were critical and reflected insecurity and a justification from those who chose public.

The Catholics are not the end-all-be-all by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it can be argued that in most school districts, the resources available to the students is much greater.

The decision of where to send your child is personal to the family. It's in poor taste for Chaminade parents to get on a forum and boast about the superiority of their school, in the same way as it is for people to be so critical of Chaminade. It's a great thing for us to all have choices where we live.

For the poster who asked how many Chaminade kids get into the ivy's, that's truly an ignorant question. If you haven't learned by now how the Ivy admissions quota has turned away from white, male, catholic, suburban, middle to upper class, private school kids, then you need to do some more research.

yes, if you need resources, public is definitely the way to go. you basically just said that all of our white boys aren't getting into ivy league anyway because of discrimination so why bother with a private education. that's some rationale you've got going on there. again, no one had to remotely boast until the lighting it up kid's dad interjected his snide remark.

Plenty of reasons for a family to choose private beyond the chance at an Ivy admission. Success can be achieved indefinitely without an Ivy education and Ivy doesn't guarantee success. Plenty of great schools otherwise. I feel sorry for any student or parent who puts their only hope for success on an Ivy League education.

Chaminade is catholic school, not a private school. one admission criteria: take a relatively easy test, if you pass, you get in, private schools have a real application process, no standardized test to pass and are exclusive.

The amount of misinformation and ignorance already on this thread is pretty staggering. The test is not "pass/fail" for starters.....I would explain further but I am not sure you have a legitimate interest in understanding how it actually works. Your post is emblematic of many on here in that it just shows a total lack of knowledge about the school.

I will take a high quality education combined with catholic ideals/education any day of the week vs public school left wing whinning teachers who are more worried about common core and being evaluated than teaching.

At least public teachers are certified. You don't know what you are getting at private schools. Although I'm sure there are some fine educators there, they can't attract the best due to the low salaries. More often it's the teachers who can't find/keep a job at a public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was canceled due to the weather

JV too?

JV also

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I HEARD THAH FRESHMAN AND JV PARENTS DO TAILGAITING FOR THEIR GAMES. THIS IS REALLY OVER THE TOP. ITS A GREAT OLD TRADITION FOR VARSITY ATHLETES BUT I GUESS THEY JUST CANT GET OVER HOW SPECIAL THEY ARE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would that surprise anyone? beyond silly but so what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I HEARD THAH FRESHMAN AND JV PARENTS DO TAILGAITING FOR THEIR GAMES. THIS IS REALLY OVER THE TOP. ITS A GREAT OLD TRADITION FOR VARSITY ATHLETES BUT I GUESS THEY JUST CANT GET OVER HOW SPECIAL THEY ARE.

Huh?????? No tailgating at little Jr's 2023 summer travel team tournament....... Knucklehead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or teachers who went to the schools and want to give back and work there. Your "certified" teachers answer to the unions and are not held to a higher standard. Good luck once tenured. Your perception on money is off base. These are not catholic grammar school salaries. Certainly not public school money. I know its unexplainable to someone like yourself that people do things that are not strictly financial driven. That is the part of the culture and experience, you will never get. It is certainly not for everyone, but it is unreasonable to say the education or educators are sub par.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut this thread down already.....it apparently has zero to do with lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or teachers who went to the schools and want to give back and work there. Your "certified" teachers answer to the unions and are not held to a higher standard. Good luck once tenured. Your perception on money is off base. These are not catholic grammar school salaries. Certainly not public school money. I know its unexplainable to someone like yourself that people do things that are not strictly financial driven. That is the part of the culture and experience, you will never get. It is certainly not for everyone, but it is unreasonable to say the education or educators are sub par.

That's contradictory to the pompous statements made by several on here suggesting going to chaminade will get their kid a better paying job, which will lead to a happier life. I guess that the low paid teachers must got there because they didn't go to a school like chaminade, because if we follow your logic, they would be working at Jericho. Cerification ensures that the teacher is competent in the subject they teach. Kind of like when you hire a lawyer,you want to know they passed the bar. Best salaries attract best employees, in general. Kind of like parents hoping their kid gets into the best possible college they can, which is also in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha. There's always someone wanting to shut down a thread. Let the discussion flow.

Move on if you don't like it or inject a lacrosse related comment if you need that so badly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha. There's always someone wanting to shut down a thread. Let the discussion flow.

Move on if you don't like it or inject a lacrosse related comment if you need that so badly.

Agreed, why take the time to type that you want it shut down instead of just typing your lacrosse post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, why take the time to type that you want it shut down instead of just typing your lacrosse post.

At least the last 30 posts have nothing to do with lacrosse and are riddled with innacuracies about the school. Not sure how reading page after page of false information is helpful....but knock yourself out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least the last 30 posts have nothing to do with lacrosse and are riddled with innacuracies about the school. Not sure how reading page after page of false information is helpful....but knock yourself out.

Maybe you should petition for the name of the thread to be changed. Last I checked it was called Chaminade news and stories. That opens it up to alot. How about Chaminade lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should petition for the name of the thread to be changed. Last I checked it was called Chaminade news and stories. That opens it up to alot. How about Chaminade lacrosse?

I think only Seniors and Juniors can change the name of the post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the haters on this thread. If you don't like Chaminade for being Catholic, or only admitting Catholics. don't send your son. if you don't like the boys only or the only upperclassmen play varsity, or the cost of the school, or any other facet of the school don't send your son. Everyone knows the basic rules to Chaminade, so if you don't agree than send your kid to your public school or to St.A ,K-berg, or S.J.B. I grew up in Mineola right across the street from Cham. and every day we would see bus loads of kids from all over going their, not to mention the dozens of kids that would walk to the train station to go either to the city or out east because there school would not bus them, so believe me if you don't like it there is no shortage of people to take a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the haters on this thread. If you don't like Chaminade for being Catholic, or only admitting Catholics. don't send your son. if you don't like the boys only or the only upperclassmen play varsity, or the cost of the school, or any other facet of the school don't send your son. Everyone knows the basic rules to Chaminade, so if you don't agree than send your kid to your public school or to St.A ,K-berg, or S.J.B. I grew up in Mineola right across the street from Cham. and every day we would see bus loads of kids from all over going their, not to mention the dozens of kids that would walk to the train station to go either to the city or out east because there school would not bus them, so believe me if you don't like it there is no shortage of people to take a spot.

The Brothers who run Chaminade also run Kellenberg, so not much of a difference there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Brothers who run Chaminade also run Kellenberg, so not much of a difference there.

The Brothers? Express runs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please enlighten us as to how Express sets policy at Chaminade and Kellenberg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The world does not revolve around Lax.
Especially at Chaminade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the issue is changing the rules to reflect the changing lacrosse landscape when it comes to lacrosse. Not playing varsity until 11th grade was fine 10 years ago but not fine now. These "rules" should change to reflect the new realities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok lets overhall school policy for this lax mom. why not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the issue is changing the rules to reflect the changing lacrosse landscape when it comes to lacrosse. Not playing varsity until 11th grade was fine 10 years ago but not fine now. These "rules" should change to reflect the new realities.

I believe they have been in the top 10 nationally for quite a while. Their recipe for success has been in place for a long, long time. So to all of you that think they know better, stay in Baldwin HS, or Island Trees or wherever it is you come from. Besides, It's about the superior education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are top 10 team in country. You think they need to play your freshman or soph??? Go to public school or another private school if so hung up on playing varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It can be argued that playing varsity as a freshman or sophomore means LESS today than ten years ago. There are many more opportunities today to be recruited, given the showcases and prospect days. Most college coaches won't even come to a high school game unless a championship is involved. Sure, it's great for the resume to list "varsity as a freshman", but unless you live in a town with a dominant program it doesn't matter. As well, are coaches clueless as to the cultures at schools that don't move underclassmen to varsity? Don't think so. Bottom line, there's no reason for the Catholics to change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are top 10 team in country. You think they need to play your freshman or soph??? Go to public school or another private school if so hung up on playing varsity.

Who's ranking are you referring to? Because I never Saw Chaminade in top 10. In fact, some LI publics are ranked ahead of them, maybe they should take advantage of the young talent before they slip even more!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will say this again.
The world does not revolve around Lacrosse.
Especially at Chaminade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's ranking are you referring to? Because I never Saw Chaminade in top 10. In fact, some LI publics are ranked ahead of them, maybe they should take advantage of the young talent before they slip even more!

I am not a Chaminade grad but I believe 8 is in top 10??

UA/IL National Rankings: Week 2

1. Culver Academy Prep (Ind.), 2-0

2. Haverford (Pa.), 2-0

3. Gonzaga (D.C.), 3-0

4. McDonogh (Md.), 2-1

5. Massapequa (N.Y.), 1-0

6. Smithtown East (N.Y.)

7. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)

8. Chaminade (N.Y.)

9. Hill Academy (Ont.), 3-0

10. Calvert Hall (Md.), 3-0

11. Landon (Md.), 3-0

12. Brunswick (Conn.)

13. Darien (Conn.)

14. St. Paul’s (Md.), 2-1

15. Boys Latin (Md.), 3-1

16. Delbarton (N.J.)

17. Greenwich (Conn.)

18. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)

19. Georgetown Prep (Md.), 2-0

20. Deerfield (Mass.)

21. Garden City (N.Y.), 0-1

22. Yorktown (N.Y.)

23. Pittsford (N.Y.

24. St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.), 5-0

25. St. Mary’s Annapolis (Md.), 1-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you might find this interesting. Especially the poster claiming Chaminade is not ranked in the top 10.

Nike/LM High School Boys' Top 25:
March 24

1. Haverford School (Pa.)
2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T10. Bergen Catholic (N.J.)
T10. Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
16. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
T23. St. Ignatius (Calif.)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you might find this interesting. Especially the poster claiming Chaminade is not ranked in the top 10.

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

How do they come up with this after One game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

We'll see how good these rankings are after this weekends game with WM who aren't even ranked. If Chaminade can win that one with a decent margin, then I'll believe they are legitimacy deserving such a high ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Haverford (Pa.), 2-0

3. Gonzaga (D.C.), 3-0

4. McDonogh (Md.), 2-1

6. Smithtown East (N.Y.)

8. Chaminade (N.Y.)

11. Landon (Md.), 3-0

12. Brunswick (Conn.)

13. Darien (Conn.)

16. Delbarton (N.J.)

17. Greenwich (Conn.)

18. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)

20. Deerfield (Mass.)

22. Yorktown (N.Y.)

23. Pittsford (N.Y.

Does anyone not think Syo will dominate Massapequa this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the resistance (fear) to change to match what others have already done? What are they afraid of? Change can be a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the resistance (fear) to change to match what others have already done? What are they afraid of? Change can be a good thing.

Oh goodie, more Hope and Change !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Haverford (Pa.), 2-0

3. Gonzaga (D.C.), 3-0

4. McDonogh (Md.), 2-1

6. Smithtown East (N.Y.)

8. Chaminade (N.Y.)

11. Landon (Md.), 3-0

12. Brunswick (Conn.)

13. Darien (Conn.)

16. Delbarton (N.J.)

17. Greenwich (Conn.)

18. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)

20. Deerfield (Mass.)

22. Yorktown (N.Y.)

23. Pittsford (N.Y.

Does anyone not think Syo will dominate Massapequa this year?

Yes. Someone believes that. Apparently the people at Under Armour feel strongly about it. Not in top 25!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again. The chaminade JV team would beat half the varsity teams on Long island and give the next 25% an even matchup. only the top 25% of teams on Long Island would consistently beat the Chammy JV. So play varsity all you want but what good is it when you lose to the Chammy JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

March 24

2. Landon (Md.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Gonzaga (D.C.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Delbarton (N.J.)
7. Boys’ Latin (Md.)
8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
9. St. Paul’s (Md.)
T10. Massapequa (N.Y.)
T13. Culver (Ind.)
T13. Darien (Conn.)
15. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Gilman (Md.)
18. Greenwich (Conn.)
19. Yorktown (N.Y.)
20. Paul VI (Va.)
21. Calvert Hall (Md.)
22. Cazenovia (N.Y.)
T23. Smithtown East (NY)
25. Ridgefield (Conn.)

We'll see how good these rankings are after this weekends game with WM who aren't even ranked. If Chaminade can win that one with a decent margin, then I'll believe they are legitimacy deserving such a high ranking.

Well , I'm sure they will do their best to convince you??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again. The chaminade JV team would beat half the varsity teams on Long island and give the next 25% an even matchup. only the top 25% of teams on Long Island would consistently beat the Chammy JV. So play varsity all you want but what good is it when you lose to the Chammy JV.

Still, no answer to the question of what harm would it do to change? What are they afraid of? I bet now with all this chatter, they are thinking harder than ever about it and will eventually bend to the pressure. That's how it works at these schools. C'mon coach, give it a shot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A shame no Chaminade or St. Anthony kids highlighted in this article about Super Sophs on varsity. http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...-as-li-lacrosse-season-begins-1.10116194

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard