The CBLaxers.com Winter NY Showcases Are Open for Registration w/ Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,346
Posts354,496
Members2,524
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
BOYS PAL League
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
B
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.


would it be so much to distinguish between Suffolk and Nassau

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 646
T
User
*****
Offline
User
*****
T
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 646
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.


would it be so much to distinguish between Suffolk and Nassau



Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.


would it be so much to distinguish between Suffolk and Nassau




Does it matter? Some Suffolk teams play in Nassau pal, plus, what goes on in one is beneficial for all to know.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have a link to the boys schedule

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a Nassau PAL thread already?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone have a link to the boys schedule


For Suffolk, your coach should be able to supply you with a copy of your schedule. There is no link for it online.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone have a link to the boys schedule


It is on the Syosset lacrosse site under PAL.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone have a link to the boys schedule


For Suffolk, your coach should be able to supply you with a copy of your schedule. There is no link for it online.

When does the Suffolk season start?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
When does the Suffolk season start? [/quote]

This Sunday, 3/29

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word that MG is no longer suffolk director

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know if it's true but heard that the Chairman of the Suffolk County PAL Lacrosse was fired because he was withholding this season's schedule for some reason.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fall of MG .... First TLI now Suffolk PAL....... Bye Bye......

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would be the benefit of withholding the season schedule?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't know if it's true but heard that the Chairman of the Suffolk County PAL Lacrosse was fired because he was withholding this season's schedule for some reason.

If he is the Chairman, how does he get fired?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Gongas is gone from PAL because EVERYTHING he does is self serving. He hides behind the mask of "I do it all for the kids". That's BS. This guy is mentally unstable and belongs on the sidelines with the rest of the unstable lacrosse parents in his travel program. Nothing worse then a volunteer that complains about volunteering. Like its getting in his way of doing what he really wants to do. Go make the last of your money with Team Long Island, that will soon be over too!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
B
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.


would it be so much to distinguish between Suffolk and Nassau




We can do that if you like. Maybe we can make two new ones and call them Nassau. Use these for Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Gongas really gone? He sent out schedule emails to the Directors yesterday. Gongas is like a rash that wont go away.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are around a dozen Suffolk towns playing in Nassau County PAL this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few other towns that sound like the above.

I have a question how common is it to have "tryouts" masqueraded as 'evaluations" by those in the good ole boy network. or better yet, what grade is it okay to have TRYOUTS. Surely cant be 2nd or 3rd grade could it. This is PAL for goodness sake. You have a few more years before you find your best middie attack. and heaven knows you can have 5 years before you found your defender or goalie.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The you should document it and make it formally know to SCPAL> Those guys try not to give out waivers. If your coach brought on two or three players without them he will be suspended for the season
quote=Anonymous]That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a few other towns that sound like the above.

I have a question how common is it to have "tryouts" masqueraded as 'evaluations" by those in the good ole boy network. or better yet, what grade is it okay to have TRYOUTS. Surely cant be 2nd or 3rd grade could it. This is PAL for goodness sake. You have a few more years before you find your best middie attack. and heaven knows you can have 5 years before you found your defender or goalie.



I don't think evaluations/tryouts are a bad thing at any level, as long as there is opportunity to advance to a more competitive team as a player's skills and ability grows. If you have 15 kids that can catch and throw effectively and 15 who's skills are still developing, separating them will allow a coach to work on skill specific drills. You will allow more advanced kids the ability to tackle more advanced strategies and concepts while strengthening the core skills of the others. The advanced team will play in a higher division and be challenged while the developing team will be placed in a lower division with similar teams and still be competitive. I've seen it work well as young as 2nd or 3rd grade, absolutely. Inevitably, the teams will balance themselves out over time. Some players will just work harder than others and kids will drop from the top team and be replaced by players who have worked to improve their game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about?


Sachem football is no different. This is absolutely no disrespect towards you because you seem to feel the same way, but your league is a disgrace on every athletic level. With the huge talent pool that you guys have over there, there's no way that your teams should have any out of town players. I've been to the coaches meetings for the peewee league... they're horrifying.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a few other towns that sound like the above.

I have a question how common is it to have "tryouts" masqueraded as 'evaluations" by those in the good ole boy network. or better yet, what grade is it okay to have TRYOUTS. Surely cant be 2nd or 3rd grade could it. This is PAL for goodness sake. You have a few more years before you find your best middie attack. and heaven knows you can have 5 years before you found your defender or goalie.


There are few things in youth lax worse than watching your wide-open son being ignored because no one will pass him the ball for the entire game. Even teams encourage even distribution and play-making opportunities.


I don't think evaluations/tryouts are a bad thing at any level, as long as there is opportunity to advance to a more competitive team as a player's skills and ability grows. If you have 15 kids that can catch and throw effectively and 15 who's skills are still developing, separating them will allow a coach to work on skill specific drills. You will allow more advanced kids the ability to tackle more advanced strategies and concepts while strengthening the core skills of the others. The advanced team will play in a higher division and be challenged while the developing team will be placed in a lower division with similar teams and still be competitive. I've seen it work well as young as 2nd or 3rd grade, absolutely. Inevitably, the teams will balance themselves out over time. Some players will just work harder than others and kids will drop from the top team and be replaced by players who have worked to improve their game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a disgrace that Sachem, one of the largest districts on L.I. has kids from out of district playing for them. They are and have been a traditionally competitive lacrosse rich district and am sure they have plenty of kids wanting to play at all levels to field a team of their own kids. The parents in that league should be outraged having to watch their kids ride the bench while kids from other schools play for their team, I would consider that nothing short of a huge slap in the face. Maybe they should learn from the other big lax programs surrounding them on how to run a program and start grooming their own kids to play. I guess this is just what youth sports has become in some places, not about the development of the kids but fulfulling some loser coaches own self serving interests of winning at all costs. Everyone playing them this year should ask to see their roster and to ID all the kids if SCPAL is going to take no action.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is so bad why don't you just ask for your release. I am sure they would give it to you. It sounds like you would be doing the community a huge favor. The youth programs are fine and hundreds of kids and families are happily part of the program. But you also get the trolls like yourself on BOTC that like to stir the pot, anonymously of course.

You just sound like a disgruntled parent. You are the problem in youth sports, not the VOLUNTEERS.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is this even possible? there are very few exceptions for a child not playing for his own district: 1 - there is no team offered at his grade level is his own district; or 2 - the child is from a split home and while he does not live in the district, one of his parents do and he has ties to that district. Most of the districtis surrounding Sachem have programs at all levels so there should be absolutely no reason (other than those stated above) for them to have anybody other than those from Sachem playing PAL. Somebody needs to step up and fight for their children if non-Sachem boys are playing Sachem PAL.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey congratulations captain obvious, you figured it out, I am a disgruntled parent. I'm sorry I am disgruntled because I pay to have my Sachem kids play in a large "Sachem" based league that according to you I should have to ask for a release for my Sachem kids from a Sachem league because I(and many others) are not happy that non Sachem kids are playing in the Sachem league taking playing time away from Sachem kids....makes total sense. This is the mentality we are dealing with and why we choose to remain anonymous so our children do not suffer the repercussions. Why don't you ask yourself why are these non Sachem kids playing in the Sachem league? Maybe they are disgruntled parents, maybe they were problems in their league, why aren't they playing there?..where the are supposed to, but that doesn't matter, right? Problem is not with all volunteers, just some who are doing it for the wrong reasons....win,win,win!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If it is so bad why don't you just ask for your release. I am sure they would give it to you. It sounds like you would be doing the community a huge favor. The youth programs are fine and hundreds of kids and families are happily part of the program. But you also get the trolls like yourself on BOTC that like to stir the pot, anonymously of course.

You just sound like a disgruntled parent. You are the problem in youth sports, not the VOLUNTEERS.


you are joking right. I am glad I have aged out but I have seen it all in the PAL system. Cheaters, boys club mentality, do as I say, pity me the volunteer, and all the rest and as soon as you confront them to fix or to help you are singled out and ostracized.

PAL is for Hometown not guest stars. Sure there is the special instance for that kid in a town who does not have a program not for those that don't like their program "because the kids are too week in their opinion".

yes there must be levels of play so each learns plays and grows at a rate which makes them thrive but the way it has gone is crazy.

You say hundreds are happy, well I bet hundreds are not, so what does that make it.

PAL should institute at least 2 days of practice for each team above 4th grade. One day for the entire grade to practice together (with all coaches) and another day for each team go over game situations. This way each town can grow the stronger players and their program together while also promoting the town as a whole (not as a hole).

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Charlie...maybe if you and your friend Mike didn't make kids not want to play, the program would not be in the shambles it's in. The former Head Coach and his Assistant were a disgrace. Kids dropped left and right not wanting to play anymore. Parents are thrilled to see them gone.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Anonymous or Charlie, you sir are an idiot and the type of parent who have systematically destroyed youth sports as we know it. With the daddy ball and the whining in the stands about why isnt my son who has tow left feet starting quarterback on the football team. You're a tool pal. Be realistic. It's a shame how obsessed you are with this with your written letters about "hired guns" or whatever. You're an idiot. It's youth sports clown....Since when is sachem youth sports governed by Sachem school district or any youth sports program. They're kids clown. Maybe they had a bad experience in their hometown organizations and just want to play lacrosse or football or whatever for sachem. Maybe thier parents are Sachem alum and are familiar with the program or came up through the program and want their kid to play their you moron! Give it a rest and grow up! And there's no way your son plays for that team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem youth sports isnt governed by Sachem School district pal. Maybe those kids had bad experiences in their hometown programs. Did you ever think of that. Their kids they just want to play somewhere. And who cares who they play for and listen, Youre son doesnt play for that team. Maybe he did at one time and you were soured by something but seriously grow up and go back to work. Youre a grown man who writes anonymous letters and posts anonymous posts. Show your face say who you are. Please do. Especially if you "claim" youre a North parent on that team. Stop hiding.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the truth. My child is on that team and I was one of the parents that said something to the board of directors. These coaches were horrible to the kids. It got to the point that many of us couldn't take it and filed a complaint to have him removed. The board responded to our many complaints to ask him not to coach and mow they are determined to do anything they can to make our season miserable.

Do not listen to these lies. The truth is that they were terrible coaches that would scream at the kids for no reason and just had poor communication skills with the kids and parents. The kids didn't want to play for them and everyone knew it. We are happy its over and they are gone.

They want everyone to think that Sachem is terrible but the truth is they are just not nice people and upset that we wanted him to be removed and are much happier for it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clown. Stop kissing the varsity coaches *****. They dont know you

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where'd the guy go that was complaining about the sachem program. Coward.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Anonymous or Charlie, you sir are an idiot and the type of parent who have systematically destroyed youth sports as we know it. With the daddy ball and the whining in the stands about why isnt my son who has tow left feet starting quarterback on the football team. You're a tool pal. Be realistic. It's a shame how obsessed you are with this with your written letters about "hired guns" or whatever. You're an idiot. It's youth sports clown....Since when is sachem youth sports governed by Sachem school district or any youth sports program. They're kids clown. Maybe they had a bad experience in their hometown organizations and just want to play lacrosse or football or whatever for sachem. Maybe thier parents are Sachem alum and are familiar with the program or came up through the program and want their kid to play their you moron! Give it a rest and grow up! And there's no way your son plays for that team.



Article VI:7 of the Suffolk PAL Lacrosse Rules:
A player must play for the program in the public school district where the player lives, unless there is prior written approval by both involved directors. If the involved directors do not agree on a player playing outside his school district, the player must play for the program in his school district.

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clown. Stop kissing the varsity coaches *****. They dont know you


Stop being so classy...

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
truth is they do know you and were in support to have your removed because of crap just like this. It's easy to see who is the one with real problems.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4