BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Nassau PAL League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is completly inaccurate. I don't know a strong lax school that doesn't separate the strong and weak after 5th grade.

the problem is they do it and they don't separate the division they are in. you are not supposed to have a strong and a weak team in the same division. but it's done all the time.

If it is done all the time it is because your director request for it to happen.

Yes that is correct, just like in our Town West Islip, there are 2 teams at the 7th grade girls level this year...one is considered "ELITE" and the other is just regular PAL. One team is heavily stacked with self proclaimed talent by their own parents and majority club players and the other...????????????

Is the heavily stacked team playing in PAL or in LISGYLL? LISGYLL is a highly competitive league that plays HS rules with full checking and has playoffs and a championship. If a town puts a team that isn't comprised of its best players in the grade, they will get slaughtered on a weekly basis. Did WI have tryouts or just hand-pick the teams?

I believe the stacked team is in fact playing in the LISYGYLL, however there were no tryouts, girls were hand picked by director and assistant. Selected parents were notified by email only.

If you have an issue with the process you should call the director and talk to him about it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really no need to, it's already been put out there. a lot of parents not happy with the way PAL is going, many kids already not returning next year. We'll keep our $160 Thank you though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Not helping the weaker kids or the stronger kids at all to keep them playing together after 4th grade. The stronger players will only improve if they are playing with strong players. I've see too many "better" players develop bad habits and lose their edge playing grown with weaker players. All it's doing is wastng time for them to develop skills and learn the game. On the other side, the weaker players are intimidated playing on the same field as the strong playrs. They lose confidence not to mention playing time. If a program has the numbers to field multiple teams in an age group they should separate by skill. Check the egos at the parking lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from a strong lacrosse town. My daughters team has new coaches this year. 4 or 5 dads with daughters that are all B players at best. The 3 or 4 top players parents are spectators only. So no beef there. But for the kids on that bubble- I dunno. We have to wait and see if these dad coaches do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really no need to, it's already been put out there. a lot of parents not happy with the way PAL is going, many kids already not returning next year. We'll keep our $160 Thank you though.

If your kid is a strong player she should stand out and dominate on the PAL team. If not maybe she is where she belongs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules for girls went out yesretday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iam outraged by PAL's handling of the scheduling. My town supports the select division for higher grades; our reward for this support, our B team winds up in Division 1 playing a number of teams that belong in the select division. This somehow is no longer about the kids. Trust me, this team is going to have a very difficult time against the Farmingdale's, West Islips and Massapequa's...How they were not put in D2 or 3 is beyond me...As two equal teams last year the teams were 500...PAL...FAIL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Not helping the weaker kids or the stronger kids at all to keep them playing together after 4th grade. The stronger players will only improve if they are playing with strong players. I've see too many "better" players develop bad habits and lose their edge playing grown with weaker players. All it's doing is wastng time for them to develop skills and learn the game. On the other side, the weaker players are intimidated playing on the same field as the strong playrs. They lose confidence not to mention playing time. If a program has the numbers to field multiple teams in an age group they should separate by skill. Check the egos at the parking lot.

I agree with this 100%, although I would go a step further and ask why we don't separate by ability from the get go. For the same reasons you stated; more highly skilled kids get better playing with other kids with comparable skill sets. And the slower to mature kids get frustrated and intimidated being put on the same field as the kids that are quicker to mature & develop skills.

The PAL is going to lose the battle as more kids leave for club ball. The writing is on the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iam outraged by PAL's handling of the scheduling. My town supports the select division for higher grades; our reward for this support, our B team winds up in Division 1 playing a number of teams that belong in the select division. This somehow is no longer about the kids. Trust me, this team is going to have a very difficult time against the Farmingdale's, West Islips and Massapequa's...How they were not put in D2 or 3 is beyond me...As two equal teams last year the teams were 500...PAL...FAIL

What division were they in last year? I am assuming this is the boys side since girls do not have Select division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hip Hop, Can you please start a separate boys and girls PAL thread? Different rules, different issues.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys. 5th grade. And I'm not hiding. I'm from CSH with no son on either the A or the B team. As for the separating by skill at a lower level, I disagree. in 3rd and 4th grade there are not enough skills on the lower team to be able to have anyone who can be a leader and actually carry the ball and be productive. It takes a little longer for the "b/c" players to develop this basic skill and they need the better players around them for the sake of advancing their games. Fully support the skill split in 5th and 6th grades though.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau PAL League - Spring 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres the thing folks. My daughter is on the non "elite" team. Why? Because she needs to improve. I'm glad she's on that team for the simple fact that she'll get more playing time then if she were on the "elite" team. Would you rather your daughter be on the "elite" team and ride the bench? Or would you rather she get the majority of playing time on th "b" team. Guess what, she won't get better on the bench. I guarentee you that she'll eventually get frustrated and quit. I'll let my daughter get better on the "b" team with game time experience, while yours rides the bench on the "elite". BTW, we all know the coaches that your talking about. 3 guys. And their daughers are 3 off the best players on the team. No argument here. Keep up the good work!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We must be from different team. These coaches kids are NOT the best players. Mediocre at best. But they are young!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres the thing folks. My daughter is on the non "elite" team. Why? Because she needs to improve. I'm glad she's on that team for the simple fact that she'll get more playing time then if she were on the "elite" team. Would you rather your daughter be on the "elite" team and ride the bench? Or would you rather she get the majority of playing time on th "b" team. Guess what, she won't get better on the bench. I guarentee you that she'll eventually get frustrated and quit. I'll let my daughter get better on the "b" team with game time experience, while yours rides the bench on the "elite". BTW, we all know the coaches that your talking about. 3 guys. And their daughers are 3 off the best players on the team. No argument here. Keep up the good work!

Well said, Director has been simply wonderful no beefs here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard