BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Maybe I need to stay away from children, but true players no. You my friend need to stay away from sports. Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMVMaK1NnY

yes I believe underclassmen whether they start or not still need to earn their keep. Yes, they earn playing time by their play. But there is more to a team than the game. I guess singing on the tables in-front of everyone in the student café is wrong too. Menial tasks like shoveling or emotional embarrassing moments like singing bonds freshman to upper classmen and gives the TEAM memories of a life-time

I read the article and from reading yes I thought it was an over reaction, very f'd up, but over reaction none the less. There is definitely more to it. If you ever played high level competitive sports you had these (kill a player or coach) thoughts too. but a true athlete eventually respects their opponent coach.

I do not know more than I read. So I do not know the situation. I am sure there is more. But where has the toughness in sports gone!!!

Remember underclassmen push upper classmen not to be complacent; and upperclassmen push underclassmen to play their best so they see the field. They may not see eye to eye but each need to respect each other while knowing each others place.

You are everything that is wrong in youth sports. I fear for your children and how you are raising them with your thuggish thoughts and actions.

I played multiple sports in HS and college and not once did I ever think this way. People like you are the problem. Just because you had these f'd up thoughts does not make it ok.

[/quote]

Wonder if you didn't think this way maybe they were thinking this way of you. I do like that Jesse commercial. ;-)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I need to stay away from children, but true players no. You my friend need to stay away from sports. Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

yes I believe underclassmen whether they start or not still need to earn their keep. Yes, they earn playing time by their play. But there is more to a team than the game. I guess singing on the tables in-front of everyone in the student café is wrong too. Menial tasks like shoveling or emotional embarrassing moments like singing bonds freshman to upper classmen and gives the TEAM memories of a life-time

I read the article and from reading yes I thought it was an over reaction, very f'd up, but over reaction none the less. There is definitely more to it. If you ever played high level competitive sports you had these (kill a player or coach) thoughts too. but a true athlete eventually respects their opponent coach.

I do not know more than I read. So I do not know the situation. I am sure there is more. But where has the toughness in sports gone!!!

Remember underclassmen push upper classmen not to be complacent; and upperclassmen push underclassmen to play their best so they see the field. They may not see eye to eye but each need to respect each other while knowing each others place.

You are everything that is wrong in youth sports. I fear for your children and how you are raising them with your thuggish thoughts and actions.

I played multiple sports in HS and college and not once did I ever think this way. People like you are the problem. Just because you had these f'd up thoughts does not make it ok.

Wonder if you didn't think this way maybe they were thinking this way of you. I do like that Jesse commercial. ;-) [/quote]

This is what happens when you have had too many concussions. Does anyone but you have any idea what you are talking about ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU has beaten other highly regarded programs: USC, Villanova and Notre Dame.
Defensively they are a machine! Opinion: Rubino a far better athlete and player than Gilroy, yet Gilroy will continue to get press… why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder if you didn't think this way maybe they were thinking this way of you. I do like that Jesse commercial. ;-)

This is what happens when you have had too many concussions. Does anyone but you have any idea what you are talking about ? [/quote]

If you cant see the idiot in the room, you may need to find a mirror and look in it.

If you didn't think this way (you cant find the idiot in the room when you look around) maybe they were thinking this way of you (you are the one they didn't like).

That commercial is a hilarious. Maybe words do hurt. Jessie!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what happens when you have had too many concussions. Does anyone but you have any idea what you are talking about ?

If you cant see the idiot in the room, you may need to find a mirror and look in it.

If you didn't think this way (you cant find the idiot in the room when you look around) maybe they were thinking this way of you (you are the one they didn't like).

That commercial is a hilarious. Maybe words do hurt. Jessie!?

[/quote]
Keep posting , I am certain everyone will see who the idiot is. At least try to make an attempt at being coherent. Your postings are "a hilarious" ,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defensively they are a machine! Opinion: Rubino a far better athlete and player than Gilroy, yet Gilroy will continue to get press… why?

You have to be kidding... Rubino is a great athlete and a good player. Gilroy is a great player and athlete. Rubino doesn't have the lax IQ of Gilroy nor does she have an off hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree , Rubino is more athletic but Gilroy is a better lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilroy is a much better player but I will say this Rubino is the best female athlete I have ever seen step on a lacrosse field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to be kidding... Rubino is a great athlete and a good player. Gilroy is a great player and athlete. Rubino doesn't have the lax IQ of Gilroy nor does she have an off hand.

I have watched many and most all of who has been considered geat players form LI and else where. Gilroy is a different level. The Gator SB game is like yj reunion game. Gotta give the Islip freshman the thumbs up, turning out to be a high impact player for SB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither USC nor Villanova have ever been considered highly regarded. You are as misinformed on personnel as you are regarding program strength.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
strike a nerve there? hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
strike a nerve there? hahaha

We know how you like to STROKE guys nerves. Lots of practice I heard. Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither USC nor Villanova have ever been considered highly regarded. You are as misinformed on personnel as you are regarding program strength.

The three you mention might not end up in the top 30 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Villanova and USC were games SB was expected to win and did.

ND was a game that SB won decisively, should have won and one they may have lost in the past due to the "name and aura" that surround the Irish. They won. Kudos!

FL was a HUGE win. Beating a Top 10 team is quite an accomplishment especially considering SB got spanked by FL last year at home.

SB has a few other tough games on their slate, let's see how they do. All of a sudden, Albany may be a tougher game then first thought.

Good luck SB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Villanova and USC were games SB was expected to win and did.

ND was a game that SB won decisively, should have won and one they may have lost in the past due to the "name and aura" that surround the Irish. They won. Kudos!

FL was a HUGE win. Beating a Top 10 team is quite an accomplishment especially considering SB got spanked by FL last year at home.

SB has a few other tough games on their slate, let's see how they do. All of a sudden, Albany may be a tougher game then first thought.

Good luck SB.

I love the fact the Albany vs Stony Brook games are becoming so relevant (for both Boys and Girls).

I would love Cortland to become another Div 1 outlet for NY student athletes. Making for four great State Div 1 options for NY student athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't Binghamton get their act together? They were ranked 69 last year which is a crime. Great academic cheap suny school that should be fielding better teams.

University of Buffalo would be the next D1 program. I am surprised they don't have lacrosse already. Cortland will always be a D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't Binghamton get their act together? They were ranked 69 last year which is a crime. Great academic cheap suny school that should be fielding better teams.

University of Buffalo would be the next D1 program. I am surprised they don't have lacrosse already. Cortland will always be a D3

Is there a site to go to find out, or does anyone know, what D1 programs are slated to begin play in next three years? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
There are many great Womens lax games to be seen today on the ESPNwatch app for your phone. You can also watch them on your laptop or desktop.
Please report the scores.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
There are many great Womens lax games to be seen today on the ESPNwatch app for your phone. You can also watch them on your laptop or desktop.
Please report the scores.

UND def OSU. A top 10 team going into today's contest. Makes SBU win that much more impressive.

UVA def Duke. Duke previously undefeated @ #2. UVA moving up in polls.

SBU won easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is behind the ear of all of the N Caroliba girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Carolina- sorry, keyboard stuck. Looks like a small black thing, anyone know?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#3 Boston College- 10 -- #2 UNC- 9 F/OT

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

During each practice and game during the season, the participating student-athletes wear a new adhesive patch with a sensor behind their ear made by X2 Biosystems that captures impacts to the head. The patch enables researchers to study forces on the head in sports, such as womens lacrosse, where helmets are not worn.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

During each practice and game during the season, the participating student-athletes wear a new adhesive patch with a sensor behind their ear made by X2 Biosystems that captures impacts to the head. The patch enables researchers to study forces on the head in sports, such as womens lacrosse, where helmets are not worn.

If you watch any of the broadcasts, occasionally broadcasters make reference to heart rate monitors the girls wear under their uniforms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you so much!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Michigan 12. Colorado 12 OT
On BTN optimum ch 413 NOW

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colorado completes the amazing comeback!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colorado completes the amazing comeback!

Top 10 contest. NW beats SYR 11-10

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 23
Rank Team Record
1 Maryland 9-0
2 Boston College 9-0
3 North Carolina 8-2
4 Northwestern 5-2
5 Virginia 6-4
6 Duke 9-1
7 Syracuse 8-3
8 Florida 7-4
9 Stanford 4-0
10 Louisville 7-2
11 Princeton 6-1
12 Stony Brook 7-0
13 James Madison 7-3
14 Penn 7-1
15 Penn State 6-3
16 Loyola 5-4
17 Notre Dame 5-4
18 Ohio State 8-2
19 Albany 7-1
20 Johns Hopkins 6-2

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
With no teams above them until Northwestern it seems Stony Brook will be stuck just outside the top ten. I hope they do some damage come NCAA playoff time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do play a few ranked teams so if teams above lose they will move up . Interesting they are ranked in other poll at #7 Either way great for Long Island Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously...Can the one bus load of people who care about Stony Brook please stop the nonsense every time a score or a poll comes out. Really!!!!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by baldbear
With no teams above them until Northwestern it seems Stony Brook will be stuck just outside the top ten. I hope they do some damage come NCAA playoff time.

What does "With no teams above them until Northwestern" mean?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously...Can the one bus load of people who care about Stony Brook please stop the nonsense every time a score or a poll comes out. Really!!!!

Yes because a LI college team beating perennial power teams ND and a top10 Florida team is not newsworthy. After all this is an wlax NCAA thread and that is newsworthy

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

They don't play any teams ranked above them, at this point, until Northwestern.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

OK. We'll talk about Wagner. Tough last four losses by a total of four goals.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

They don't play any teams ranked above them, at this point, until Northwestern.

Gotcha. I agree BTW.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
They do play a few ranked teams so if teams above lose they will move up . Interesting they are ranked in other poll at #7 Either way great for Long Island Lacrosse

What other poll?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I see the #7 ranking is LaxPower's Computer ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about Albany!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard