BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 55 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 54 55
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express - as I am sure a handful of other so-called 'ranked' teams have some 6th graders (2021) playing on the 5th grade (2022 Team) To rank any team that has kids playing down is absurd.....please correct me if I am wrong - Did experience Exp 'play-down' first hand. However, not sure about others. Not singling out Exp, just calling it as was seen and confirmed. Asked kid on field what grade he was in, thinking he should have answered 5th not 6th - sad

Get used to it. Lacrosse allows kids to play according to graduating year. Not age. All teams are now doing it with parent coaches owners consent. Don't act like you discovered something. Its well known. The kid may be older but he is in fifth grade. Not agreeing with it. Just stating what is rampantly becoming the norm.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do and will beat any of these teams including smash. Team LI

Then you must be from TLI ? What tournaments will you be at ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?
How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?
Yes they do and will beat any of these teams including smash. Team LI[/quote
Smash #1 well above the rest.
Top five LI teams going into this season
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

Since we all love and hate rankings... Igloo is 2nd and Express is 3rd. Its IMHO based on the games played since the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your "rankings " are horsesh*t. Considering those teams rarely play each other. Igloo beat express in some indoor place so they are better. United hasn't played either so they dropped off ? Smash hasn't played them either . TLI , well who knows what they are up to. You identified yourself as an Igloo parent. Probobly the same one who has been on here all winter. The best thing for these boys competition is to have a local spring league on LI where they can play each other. And out of state teams can make the trek on a Saturday to play. But no , there's meaningless tournaments all spring now . Small fields and running clock games. What a waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your "rankings " are horsesh*t. Considering those teams rarely play each other. Igloo beat express in some indoor place so they are better. United hasn't played either so they dropped off ? Smash hasn't played them either . TLI , well who knows what they are up to. You identified yourself as an Igloo parent. Probobly the same one who has been on here all winter. The best thing for these boys competition is to have a local spring league on LI where they can play each other. And out of state teams can make the trek on a Saturday to play. But no , there's meaningless tournaments all spring now . Small fields and running clock games. What a waste.

At NXT in July, TLI beat Igloo and Smash beat TLI. Neither of the games was close. Draw your own conclusions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And United lost to Smash by 2. That was last July. I'm sure each team has a handful of kids who are new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express - as I am sure a handful of other so-called 'ranked' teams have some 6th graders (2021) playing on the 5th grade (2022 Team) To rank any team that has kids playing down is absurd.....please correct me if I am wrong - Did experience Exp 'play-down' first hand. However, not sure about others. Not singling out Exp, just calling it as was seen and confirmed. Asked kid on field what grade he was in, thinking he should have answered 5th not 6th - sad

No sixth graders on the team. Try again.

You have your head in the sand, or you are just ignorant. Try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying that the 5'8 125+ defenseman who stated he was 6th grade during a 2022 game is wrong?? Listen, he may have been a 'filler' for that tourney and may not be on the official roster......but he was there - the Tourney directors were well aware of it when complained (apparently, so did other teams) -- but even if Exp needed fillers. Why not pull kids from 2023...not 2021?? Safety is apparently not a concern - we can see the writing on the wall on what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLINGIT U11 team is very good, u10 on this list don't make me laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these two ex igloo parents the people who were the lacrosse head suits and race at the lizards games?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

Since we all love and hate rankings... Igloo is 2nd and Express is 3rd. Its IMHO based on the games played since the tryouts.

Not true. Express lost to 91 Bandits, a 2023 team. So doesn't that put Express below them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

Not true. Express lost to 91 Bandits, a 2023 team. So doesn't that put Express below them?

Wasn't there a much older kid playing for the Bandits that scored every one of their goals in that game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

Wasn't there a much older kid playing for the Bandits that scored every one of their goals in that game?

No, they had 1 2022 kid playing with them. That's it. Express shouldn't even be in the conversation in this age bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the answer is YES, they did have an older boy playing for them. A holdback 2022. So let's just clarify that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know enough to comment about the order, but 3V isn't as good as they think they are. I have. 2022 son who left because of the guy who runs the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

No, they had 1 2022 kid playing with them. That's it. Express shouldn't even be in the conversation in this age bracket.

And Express beat Team Long Island. So what this all means is it should be good lax in this group over the next 4 months. Who will be at Blatant on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the answer is YES, they did have an older boy playing for them. A holdback 2022. So let's just clarify that

Does that make him a true 2021 player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we check all rosters and DOB. They do it in NCYFL. It works great. If kid is to old he has to play up. It's simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport mom in hiding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport mom in hiding.

What does this mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we check all rosters and DOB. They do it in NCYFL. It works great. If kid is to old he has to play up. It's simple.

System is too far gone, I wish we could do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your all a bunch of babies! Its kids lacrosse, if one or two kids is a year older WHO CARES!! It is not going to change the game at all! Its a team game not and individual sport!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon, not babies .its rampant in certain areas.
Its recommended by MC
from LIExpress
21 yr old college freshmen?

holdback early on, PG year after high school + red-shirt=Stanwick from UVa or JHU not sure which one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon, not babies .its rampant in certain areas.
Its recommended by MC
from LIExpress
21 yr old college freshmen?

holdback early on, PG year after high school + red-shirt=Stanwick from UVa or JHU not sure which one.

None of the Stanwicks did a post grad year after HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And United lost to Smash by 2. That was last July. I'm sure each team has a handful of kids who are new.

Was that the only time they faced each other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the Stanwick boys wasnt a 21 year old freshman? PG or no PG. How did that happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was also a legitimate 6th grade kid from franklin square playing on express 2 at last Blatant tournament. he had two goals of teh 4 goals & three assists...just not right!

So you are saying that the 5'8 125+ defenseman who stated he was 6th grade during a 2022 game is wrong?? Listen, he may have been a 'filler' for that tourney and may not be on the official roster......but he was there - the Tourney directors were well aware of it when complained (apparently, so did other teams) -- but even if Exp needed fillers. Why not pull kids from 2023...not 2021?? Safety is apparently not a concern - we can see the writing on the wall on what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was also a legitimate 6th grade kid from franklin square playing on express 2 at last Blatant tournament. he had two goals of teh 4 goals & three assists...just not right!

yes, the writing is on the wall. witnessed a game today. there is no integrity left in this game. berating kids is pathetic. a real man doesn't do that no matter how much people are paying him to pretend their kids are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wht is that last post all about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi -- we are new to the area. Moved to South Setauket from Delaware. Looking for lax for my son. He's in 5th grade. I know the teams are set up, but I was hoping for him to train with a team until tryouts in the fall.
Our town team is 3 village but I'm hearing tins of horror stories. There's also a Empire which trains at SBU, but i don't know much about the,m.
Please help!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi -- we are new to the area. Moved to South Setauket from Delaware. Looking for lax for my son. He's in 5th grade. I know the teams are set up, but I was hoping for him to train with a team until tryouts in the fall.
Our town team is 3 village but I'm hearing tins of horror stories. There's also a Empire which trains at SBU, but i don't know much about the,m.
Please help!

Welcome... Empire would be a good place for you to give a call for more information. Teams really haven't even started yet and this is a new organization. So everyone on the team is a new player.
Good luck to you and your son.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Please help!

Honestly, what you should do is register as a user and post this information on the try outs board. You will get better information as the coaches/trainers and managers will reach out to you and you can put in contact information. This is a bad way to get accurate information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Should go to the Three Village Web Site and reach out to who ever is in charge of that grade level. Don't believe everything you read on this web site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Three Village and I know for a fact we can put him on a team today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Please help!

Honestly, what you should do is register as a user and post this information on the try outs board. You will get better information as the coaches/trainers and managers will reach out to you and you can put in contact information. This is a bad way to get accurate information.

If you want club. Email some the larger clubs on the right side of the page. I am certain some them will invite your son down to the next practice for an eval. It's been my experience that everything is the coaches desire to develop the team. So club, town travel, etc. The best situation (IMHO) is one where you have a knowledgeable coach who is dedicated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is 2022 both outlaws teams are looking for a few extra players, call the director

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters Green is also looking to fill some spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so is express. Heard they are letting a few players go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters Green is also looking to fill some spots.

They have a Green for 2022? Thought they didn't have one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so is express. Heard they are letting a few players go.

They need to let more than a few go

Page 35 of 55 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard