BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 38 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people all need to get a life. You are clueless as to what your children really want to do.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

BL way down this year. However, I do respect Manhasset for playing them, the game was not a blowout and although BL is no Haveford, the close score is definitely telling that Manhasset has a good team.

Is it me? Or are these MIAA teams highly over-rated? These private schools pull/recruit the best players from all over the DMV area. Are loaded with re-class and hold backs and they can barely beat or lose to small LI public schools? How is that even possible? Garden City, a school with about 140 boys a grade, pulling from a small defined geographic area,beats St. Pauls. Sachem destroys Archbishop Spalding and Manhassett a school with about a 100 boys per grade,loses by two to BL? No disrespect to GC or Set, but they both lost recently to other LI publics. I think a little more attention should be paid to the LI publics. As a whole, this is where the best Lacrosse in the nation is being played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

BL way down this year. However, I do respect Manhasset for playing them, the game was not a blowout and although BL is no Haveford, the close score is definitely telling that Manhasset has a good team.

Is it me? Or are these MIAA teams highly over-rated? These private schools pull/recruit the best players from all over the DMV area. Are loaded with re-class and hold backs and they can barely beat or lose to small LI public schools? How is that even possible? Garden City, a school with about 140 boys a grade, pulling from a small defined geographic area,beats St. Pauls. Sachem destroys Archbishop Spalding and Manhassett a school with about a 100 boys per grade,loses by two to BL? No disrespect to GC or Set, but they both lost recently to other LI publics. I think a little more attention should be paid to the LI publics. As a whole, this is where the best Lacrosse in the nation is being played.

The people who watch the sport for a living and make the polls don't back your assertions. The great majority of ranked high schools nationally are private schools. If Set had played BL last year, the score would have been 20-2 BL. Set was "lucky" to have missed that freight train by scheduling them this year after a ton of D1 committs had already graduated including Shack Stanwick - you may have heard of him. This year BL is way down and still managed a win against a Set team that should be better than last year. Nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The people who watch the sport for a living and make the polls don't back your assertions. The great majority of ranked high schools nationally are private schools. If Set had played BL last year, the score would have been 20-2 BL. Set was "lucky" to have missed that freight train by scheduling them this year after a ton of D1 committs had already graduated including Shack Stanwick - you may have heard of him. This year BL is way down and still managed a win against a Set team that should be better than last year. Nice try.

Manhasset has a decent team, but certainly not the best the LI publics have to offer. WM,Syosset, SE and a few others would easily beat BL this year, the WM of two years ago would have been evenly matched with last year's BL. Easy there before you count LI publics out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nobody watches boys high school lacrosse for a living, they are hacks trying to make a name for themselves by tweeting BS about the schools they know or have heard of and to discount this years results because in your opinion last year would have been a blow out is silly, the point the original poster was making is still valid, how can these schools with such large areas to pull from always be ranked so highly and then look so bad when up against public schools. Just because Ty and Casey say something does not make it a fact.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nobody watches boys high school lacrosse for a living, they are hacks trying to make a name for themselves by tweeting BS about the schools they know or have heard of and to discount this years results because in your opinion last year would have been a blow out is silly, the point the original poster was making is still valid, how can these schools with such large areas to pull from always be ranked so highly and then look so bad when up against public schools. Just because Ty and Casey say something does not make it a fact.

Why do you think St Pauls and Boys Latin draw from a huge geographic region? They are both day schools like Chaminade or St. Anthony's. At the very most, probably a 15-20 mile radius. I could see your point for some of the prep boarding schools where they do draw nationally but not the day schools. I think you are exaggerating their reach because you are unfamiliar with the differences between boarding schools and private day schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game of the Week on kudda.com Manhasset v. Boys Latin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you think St Pauls and Boys Latin draw from a huge geographic region? They are both day schools like Chaminade or St. Anthony's. At the very most, probably a 15-20 mile radius. I could see your point for some of the prep boarding schools where they do draw nationally but not the day schools. I think you are exaggerating their reach because you are unfamiliar with the differences between boarding schools and private day schools.

thank you for the definition on a day school, the condescending explanation was appreciated. public schools can draw from kids within their boarders not whomever wants to go there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??
Fading? Don't know if you can say that after 1 game? See where they are, or any team for that matter after 5 games.

As usual the past couple of years, Set will beat the Roslyns and Hewlets easily but will struggle to win any games against more disciplined and athletic teams. They have enough fluff in the schedule to finish above 500 but with none or very few high quality wins.

Spot on. Set loses to boys Latin. Can't win the quality games. Move Tyler Dunne back to lefty attack where he'll score 4 or 5 goals a game. He's being wasted at middle.

sad but true, until Set makes fundamental changes in the program they will wrestle with mediocrity. The dream of coaching your son and his classmates will become a nightmare.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about private schools, you would know that not everybody who wants to go, can go. There are admissions tests, interviews, tuition etc. It's not just a grab bag. Plus, in the Baltimore area (MIAA) there are about a dozen great private schools within a 25 mile radius competing for the same talent and in the process diluting the talent pool for any individual school. So, think about a dozen Chaminades in Nassau and Western Suffolk competing for the talent. Point being that the MIAA privates don't have it so easy in terms of assembling talent - they are just good at developing and coaching the talent that they get and 99 times out of 100 will beat any NY public despite their challenges of putting teams together. You can say what you want about the NY publics but they can't match up with the upper echelon of the MIAA. The only league that can possibly compare is the NE West 1 - another private league with Deerfield, Brunswick, Avon and Salisbury. The NY publics couldn't compete with those schools either - trust me on that.

Thank you again for your clarity - 99 times out of 100 except LI went 2 out of 3 yesterday - and yes I can imagine a dozen Chaminade's in Nassau especially if there were no competitive public school leagues in Nassau County.

If Baltimore had great public schools and very high property taxes I am sure that the public schools down there would be a more viable options but it is what it is, low property taxes private school options and OK lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well 99 out of 100 nearly happened 3 times this weekend... Too funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is it that watches HS lax for a living exactly? Relax, your MIAA school nearly got beat by a very small public school, that recently was beaten by an even smaller public school. Pound for pound the MIAA isn't even close, your "power house private school" should be beating these little public schools by 20, year in and year out. Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding losing to any decent team is to be expected, they are a B school playing in the A conference because 15 years ago they had two exceptional offensive players and a decent basketball team and wanted to expand facilities. They should not be in this discussion. Most of the MIAA schools are very small also, would be classed 1A or 2A if they were public schools. It sounds like there were two good early season games. New [lacrosse] won a close one, Maryland won a close one. Why can't that be enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding losing to any decent team is to be expected, they are a B school playing in the A conference because 15 years ago they had two exceptional offensive players and a decent basketball team and wanted to expand facilities. They should not be in this discussion. Most of the MIAA schools are very small also, would be classed 1A or 2A if they were public schools. It sounds like there were two good early season games. New [lacrosse] won a close one, Maryland won a close one. Why can't that be enough?

Not sure if you are the same poster or another pathetic MIAA apologist but you went from sublime to silly. MIAA can not lose to LI teams until they do and then the excuses. silly boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well 99 out of 100 nearly happened 3 times this weekend... Too funny.

And most of those private school teams are stacked with 19 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 12, St Paul's 11 ... I'm curious if this clown from last week would like to share more of his brilliant predictions/ insight.

If you a bragging about them beating GC you should be worried. GC is down, way down this year and years to come. Their attack is a mess and scored 4 of the 7 goals against syossets defense. Combined they weigh 200 lbs. One kid has blinders and just wants to score and the other 2 if hit will quit but draw penalties because the refs feel bad for them. Syosset needs to play a real schedule. GC is in for a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 12, St Paul's 11 ... I'm curious if this clown from last week would like to share more of his brilliant predictions/ insight.

If you a bragging about them beating GC you should be worried. GC is down, way down this year and years to come. Their attack is a mess and scored 4 of the 7 goals against syossets defense. Combined they weigh 200 lbs. One kid has blinders and just wants to score and the other 2 if hit will quit but draw penalties because the refs feel bad for them. Syosset needs to play a real schedule. GC is in for a long year.

News of GC's demise seems a bit premature.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Northport beat up on HHH and Kellenberg on Saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC with a nice win. Looks like the young guys can play. Don't count them just yet. Others should take notice. The younger players belong . Think twice before you make predictions after 1 game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off the Island, heard Darien HS lost to Deerfield in a game situation scrimmage at Darien yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke, Brown and Princeton think the young guys can play too as evidenced by their early commits!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok G.C. dad...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke, Brown and Princeton think the young guys can play too as evidenced by their early commits!

The Syosset D thinks they can"t as evident by the score

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off the Island, heard Darien HS lost to Deerfield in a game situation scrimmage at Darien yesterday.

Again as they should Prep school vs public HS.

This is like Chris Rock Special where we are praising things that should happen and not just the 'pectacular

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sick to the stomach after reading that article.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if you are the same poster or another pathetic MIAA apologist but you went from sublime to silly. MIAA can not lose to LI teams until they do and then the excuses. silly boy

I am neither, I live in Maryland, but my kids attend public school, I was just trying to ingest some logic into the conversation, something that is sorely missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just read the article for the first time and I am so confused. Are kids really allowed to repeat 8th grade and then play against kids a year younger then them? It doesn't seem fair, why don't people say anything about this????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The average D1 boy RECEIVING money in college is getting about $15,000. SO you spend $35,000 for an extra year in HS to get $60,000k in college? don't forget that he will be going to a $50k school and you probably have invested 10 years of travel at $3,500 a year which is another $35k so net net you get NO ATHLETIC money in college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would personally shun a player who has engaged in this practice....pathetic!
Where is the shame of these parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can there really a new crop of parents at this age group who have no clue about the reclass craze?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh my goodness...you would shun them!!! pretty sure they wouldn't know you or anyone else existed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can there really a new crop of parents at this age group who have no clue about the reclass craze?

New to the club lacrosse scene but I am a veteran of the club soccer scene.
This is a real eye opener and as an outsider looking in, I am really scared for you lacrosse parents. I am sure Larry or Larry can attest to this....right La-La?!?!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

New to the club lacrosse scene but I am a veteran of the club soccer scene.
This is a real eye opener and as an outsider looking in, I am really scared for you lacrosse parents. I am sure Larry or Larry can attest to this....right La-La?!?!

Different sport , same scenario.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Northport beat up on HHH and Kellenberg on Saturday

They also lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The average D1 boy RECEIVING money in college is getting about $15,000. SO you spend $35,000 for an extra year in HS to get $60,000k in college? don't forget that he will be going to a $50k school and you probably have invested 10 years of travel at $3,500 a year which is another $35k so net net you get NO ATHLETIC money in college?

you would be spending the money somewhere if not on lacrosse - a kid that decided to not go to sleep away camp to stay home and play travel lacrosse saves $10,000 - $15,000 a year so the net savings is $6,500 - $11,500 over 10 years that is some real money. My family and I have loved the summer lacrosse circuit and would do it again over a couple of trips to Disney, Europe or cruises that would all have cost us the same as a year of travel. I doubt anybody has said " we are not going to play travel lacrosse" and then put that money in the college fund.

Most people chasing the dream are doing it for admissions to a college that they might not be able to get into without the support of the lacrosse coach and probably could not have gotten into even if all the money was spent on tutors. I would bet that the additional earnings over the lifetime of the kid that gets into an Ivy league over a very good school would more then make up for the cost spent on summer travel if it was lacrosse that put them over the top to be admitted. Any parent that would not do anything (including reclassifying) to help their kid get into a better school is crazy. IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meaning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered