BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 111 1 2 3 4 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I
It's a bunch of BS and needs to change. There's no reason why it has to be such a rigid system with no flexibility. Paying customers (parents) need to unite and rise up to storm the fortress. We need regime change! It's such a happy go lucky place with free will in so many other ways and so it should be with lax as well.

Rise up they will show you the door. The fact is they have a waiting list a mile long to get into Chaminade.

Why is that the only answer that parents and student have to be like sheep and just be quiet? The school is funded by parents and alumni and the people managing it should have to answer to the paying customers. That's how it should work and will work if we get enough people to speak out and grab control of the situation.

Most "Old School" folks like it the way it is. "Individuals", need not apply. Besides, what you're describing, sounds like Barry's America.No thanks.

Thinking as an individual is what made this country great. The Chaminade way is suffocating and maybe explains why a small town team like Yorktown crushes them every year. Fear, intimidation and rigidity is a relic of the 50's. Enjoy.

Thank you Mr Keating. You may leave now…...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what?

you must have been salivating waiting for this thread to open. you jumped on here like a freight train. you are acting like a scorned lover. give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what?

you must have been salivating waiting for this thread to open. you jumped on here like a freight train. you are acting like a scorned lover. give it a rest.

Nobody scorned, you just keep hurling insults. Maybe you know Ive be making some valid points such as:

1)Kids can get an excellent education at a public HS
2)Good lacrosse players get the experience and exciment of playing 4 years of varsity at publics.
3)Many lacrosse players from public scools are/will play at top 20 schools.
4) Public education is free.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. Good luck to you and your son. Stop being so angry. It's a free world and everyone can make the decision that is best suited for their family. I just shared my experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what?

Nobody scorned, you just keep hurling insults. Maybe you know Ive be making some valid points such as:

2)Good lacrosse players get the experience and exciment of playing 4 years of varsity at publics.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. Good luck to you and your son. Stop being so angry. It's a free world and everyone can make the decision that is best suited for their family. I just shared my experience.

Ok, I feel the need to step in here and say that Public school education is far from free. An average of 60% of your local taxes goes to the school district, so if you're paying $10,000.00 a year in taxes your really paying $6,000.00 for your "free" education.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, in the right district you can get a great education. However, there is a difference in behavior in the classrooms. In public school, kids are frequently distracted by kids that don't have the discipline that you will see in a Chaminade classroom. If there is a behavior problem, it is easily handled, whereas in public school, it can escalate and disrupt learning over a long period of time.

The alumni connections are also a huge plus. That said, I have one son that chose public school and one chose private. Both have great academics at their fingertips. Different kids thrive in different environments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three pages in two days. This thread is going to give the SWR thread a run for the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what?

Is there really even a debate started the insults. Go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Btw no one attacked your son. You brought him into this by bragging about how hes been lighting up the field since ninth grade on varsity and proceeding to recite his resume. Lets not play the victim. Chaminade is not for everyone. Your attitude toward it however makes me wonder why you have to be so defensive. There was no reason for you to chime in except for your need to brag. No one ever says why would you send your kid there. It is old school. Thank God. There is accountability. Something seriously lacking in society as a whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is- both places- public and private can show you a list of kids with top resumes. I think for some, tradition, religion, discipline, great alumni network, and strong sports across the board is enough to make a family think a few grand for a these added experiences is worth while. Doesn't make one better or worse, just different experiences.

Personally, I like the 3 different lax teams the way Chaminade has it set up. I think it is important to bond with your classmates to make a stronger Varsity club as you will have played together as a unit for longer period of time. It's not hurting them, so why mess with it? Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is- both places- public and private can show you a list of kids with top resumes. I think for some, tradition, religion, discipline, great alumni network, and strong sports across the board is enough to make a family think a few grand for a these added experiences is worth while. Doesn't make one better or worse, just different experiences.

Personally, I like the 3 different lax teams the way Chaminade has it set up. I think it is important to bond with your classmates to make a stronger Varsity club as you will have played together as a unit for longer period of time. It's not hurting them, so why mess with it? Just my opinion.

It's not hurting them? They have more lax talent in grades 9-12 than one could even imagine. Yet somehow, they lose games to public school teams? Should never be a close game against a public, ever. Maybe if they just played the best kids, regardless of grade, they'd win more. Oh wait, they're not about winning now, that's right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody knows that Chaminade recruits. But, in this age of early college recruiting, it has become a much tougher sell to convince a kid to "wait his turn" and be buried in the Chaminade "system" for two years - TICK TOC, TICK TOC while his buddies back home are moved up to varsity. No doubt the "system" will have to change if they care at all about attracting the best lax talent possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I often hear about how great the academics are at Chaminade. Im just curious do they have a higher ratio of students getting into Ivy League schools as compared to the better public schools such as Jericho,Roslyn and any others ? I had a neighbor graduate from Chaminade and went on the The University of Delaware I think the same could have been achieved at many public schools. I guess I will have to stand by and see about the " conections ". Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody knows that Chaminade recruits. But, in this age of early college recruiting, it has become a much tougher sell to convince a kid to "wait his turn" and be buried in the Chaminade "system" for two years - TICK TOC, TICK TOC while his buddies back home are moved up to varsity. No doubt the "system" will have to change if they care at all about attracting the best lax talent possible.

Yes I am sure the Chaminade alumni at big law firms and the Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sacks really care about lacrosse. If lacrosse was these families #1 priority, they would be at St Anthony's! Lax will help these kids into Princeton and Duke they really don't care about being recruited early to CW Post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are all fortunate we live in an area where families have choices. Chaminade is not for everybody and if you choose to send your son elsewhere no need to come on here and bash the school. Chaminade has been doing its thing for 85 years and has a good recipe for success which goes far, far beyond just lacrosse. I can promise you that. The beauty of the school is that there is something for every type of kid. The lacrosse wins get celebrated the same as those from the bowling team or speech and debate. That said, Chaminade does not have a monopoly on success. Of course you can be as successful or more out of a public school. Of course, there are public school athletic programs that rival Chaminade's. Oh and of course the Ivy League isn't exactly rolling out the red carpet for applicants from a conservative all boys Catholic school. Is any of this really a surprise? Make whatever choice you want to make, but drop the Chaminade hating......People who are spewing that stuff on here don't know the first thing about the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bunch of BS and needs to change. There's no reason why it has to be such a rigid system with no flexibility. Paying customers (parents) need to unite and rise up to storm the fortress. We need regime change! It's such a happy go lucky place with free will in so many other ways and so it should be with lax as well.

Then don't enroll your son at Chaminade. Parents like this are what's wrong with youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are all fortunate we live in an area where families have choices. Chaminade is not for everybody and if you choose to send your son elsewhere no need to come on here and bash the school. Chaminade has been doing its thing for 85 years and has a good recipe for success which goes far, far beyond just lacrosse. I can promise you that. The beauty of the school is that there is something for every type of kid. The lacrosse wins get celebrated the same as those from the bowling team or speech and debate. That said, Chaminade does not have a monopoly on success. Of course you can be as successful or more out of a public school. Of course, there are public school athletic programs that rival Chaminade's. Oh and of course the Ivy League isn't exactly rolling out the red carpet for applicants from a conservative all boys Catholic school. Is any of this really a surprise? Make whatever choice you want to make, but drop the Chaminade hating......People who are spewing that stuff on here don't know the first thing about the school.

Your right, it's not for girls. What's up with that? It's 2015. C'mon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread reminds of the conversations that were brought upon my wife I and when we decided to enroll our children in private school. As in this thread, the questions and comments received were critical and reflected insecurity and a justification from those who chose public.

The Catholics are not the end-all-be-all by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it can be argued that in most school districts, the resources available to the students is much greater.

The decision of where to send your child is personal to the family. It's in poor taste for Chaminade parents to get on a forum and boast about the superiority of their school, in the same way as it is for people to be so critical of Chaminade. It's a great thing for us to all have choices where we live.

For the poster who asked how many Chaminade kids get into the ivy's, that's truly an ignorant question. If you haven't learned by now how the Ivy admissions quota has turned away from white, male, catholic, suburban, middle to upper class, private school kids, then you need to do some more research.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then don't enroll your son at Chaminade. Parents like this are what's wrong with youth sports.

If the Pope can demonstrate new flexibilities so can Chaminade lax. I'll allow Chaminade to benefit from my son's lacrosse skills but only under conditions that are acceptable to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right, it's not for girls. What's up with that? It's 2015. C'mon!

What are you, 12?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many dumb misfits on this site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Pope can demonstrate new flexibilities so can Chaminade lax. I'll allow Chaminade to benefit from my son's lacrosse skills but only under conditions that are acceptable to me.
someone just stirring up controversy. BS post.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Thanks for joining us. You qualify.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop

Well said, The Hop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread reminds of the conversations that were brought upon my wife I and when we decided to enroll our children in private school. As in this thread, the questions and comments received were critical and reflected insecurity and a justification from those who chose public.

The Catholics are not the end-all-be-all by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it can be argued that in most school districts, the resources available to the students is much greater.

The decision of where to send your child is personal to the family. It's in poor taste for Chaminade parents to get on a forum and boast about the superiority of their school, in the same way as it is for people to be so critical of Chaminade. It's a great thing for us to all have choices where we live.

For the poster who asked how many Chaminade kids get into the ivy's, that's truly an ignorant question. If you haven't learned by now how the Ivy admissions quota has turned away from white, male, catholic, suburban, middle to upper class, private school kids, then you need to do some more research.

yes, if you need resources, public is definitely the way to go. you basically just said that all of our white boys aren't getting into ivy league anyway because of discrimination so why bother with a private education. that's some rationale you've got going on there. again, no one had to remotely boast until the lighting it up kid's dad interjected his snide remark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I often hear about how great the academics are at Chaminade. Im just curious do they have a higher ratio of students getting into Ivy League schools as compared to the better public schools such as Jericho,Roslyn and any others ? I had a neighbor graduate from Chaminade and went on the The University of Delaware I think the same could have been achieved at many public schools. I guess I will have to stand by and see about the " conections ". Thanks

Public schools can achieve the same especially if you are North of the LIE but no one will ever say you decreased your son's chances of Ivy by going to Chaminade. It's a hard case to make otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by The Hop

Well said, The Hop.

Guess you two misfits missed the misfit talking about the silly Pope. Guess the misfit was was referring to him reaching out and having dinner with some transgender misfits in jail. Gotta love all the jerk off misfits on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, if you need resources, public is definitely the way to go. you basically just said that all of our white boys aren't getting into ivy league anyway because of discrimination so why bother with a private education. that's some rationale you've got going on there. again, no one had to remotely boast until the lighting it up kid's dad interjected his snide remark.

Plenty of reasons for a family to choose private beyond the chance at an Ivy admission. Success can be achieved indefinitely without an Ivy education and Ivy doesn't guarantee success. Plenty of great schools otherwise. I feel sorry for any student or parent who puts their only hope for success on an Ivy League education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of reasons for a family to choose private beyond the chance at an Ivy admission. Success can be achieved indefinitely without an Ivy education and Ivy doesn't guarantee success. Plenty of great schools otherwise. I feel sorry for any student or parent who puts their only hope for success on an Ivy League education.

Chaminade is catholic school, not a private school. one admission criteria: take a relatively easy test, if you pass, you get in, private schools have a real application process, no standardized test to pass and are exclusive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this topic a lacrosse topic or public vs. catholic high school education forum? Mr. Hop and Mr. Miller; any chance at talking these people in off the ledge and getting back on lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade is catholic school, not a private school. one admission criteria: take a relatively easy test, if you pass, you get in, private schools have a real application process, no standardized test to pass and are exclusive.

That test is not relatively easy for the many kids who don't make the cut

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking 400 of about 2000 applicants is pretty selective. I guess your public school has a better vetting process ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this topic a lacrosse topic or public vs. catholic high school education forum? Mr. Hop and Mr. Miller; any chance at talking these people in off the ledge and getting back on lacrosse?

Yeah really. Such jealously…...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking 400 of about 2000 applicants is pretty selective. I guess your public school has a better vetting process ?

Just because a kid applies, does not mean they actually want to go there. Some may just want to see if they are accepted,others will decide to go to more prestigious schools. Kind of like college apps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The amount of misinformation and ignorance already on this thread is pretty staggering. The test is not "pass/fail" for starters.....I would explain further but I am not sure you have a legitimate interest in understanding how it actually works. Your post is emblematic of many on here in that it just shows a total lack of knowledge about the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The amount of misinformation and ignorance already on this thread is pretty staggering. The test is not "pass/fail" for starters.....I would explain further but I am not sure you have a legitimate interest in understanding how it actually works. Your post is emblematic of many on here in that it just shows a total lack of knowledge about the school.

I will take a high quality education combined with catholic ideals/education any day of the week vs public school left wing whinning teachers who are more worried about common core and being evaluated than teaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Catholic schools are private schools. The exclusivity of a school is an altogether different conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone the score from saturday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they take a lot more than 400, not all that get in go idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was canceled due to the weather

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 111 1 2 3 4 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled