BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 110 111
CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Here is your dedicated Chaminade thread. Enjoy!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great school = great lacrosse tradition - good luck this year boys beat St A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't live in NewYork, is it true that you have to be a Junior or Senior to play Varsity at Chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't live in New [lacrosse], is it true that you have to be a Junior or Senior to play Varsity at Chaminade

I have heard that this is the case. Their JV team must be lights out having committed kids play on the JV. I have known some freaks of nature that were in 10th grade I could not imagine them playing JV as 10th grade especially football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 9th grader who is better then the senior but has to wait his turn.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 9th grader who is better then the senior but has to wait his turn.

He's not, and that's what you knowingly signed up for ! That 9th grader doesn't even get to play JV. They play on all freshman team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know that when you enroll,its the families choice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there have been 2 sophomores in the last 10 years who got called up to play on varsity. Never a freshman. And everyone knows that going in. Moran's 500 wins and who knows how many D-1 players that have played for him are testament to a system that seems to work pretty well. May not be for everyone and if that is the case, don't have your kid take the test to get in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's not, and that's what you knowingly signed up for ! That 9th grader doesn't even get to play JV. They play on all freshman team.

All while my son has been lighting it up on varsity since freshman year for a great public school program, and I mean great athletically as well as academically. He will go to a top 20 school with enough AP credits to enter with sophomore standing. And he has the excitement and experience of 4 years of varsity. Is there really even a debate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bunch of BS and needs to change. There's no reason why it has to be such a rigid system with no flexibility. Paying customers (parents) need to unite and rise up to storm the fortress. We need regime change! It's such a happy go lucky place with free will in so many other ways and so it should be with lax as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All while my son has been lighting it up on varsity since freshman year for a great public school program, and I mean great athletically as well as academically. He will go to a top 20 school with enough AP credits to enter with sophomore standing. And he has the excitement and experience of 4 years of varsity. Is there really even a debate?
what an arrogant jerk. Hope he doesn't turn out like you after the lax is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so not the norm. Congrats to your prodigy. If you were all that there would be no need to trash talk on a Chamnade thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so not the norm. Congrats to your prodigy. If you were all that there would be no need to trash talk on a Chamnade thread.

Not trash talking, just stating facts. And my son is certainly not the only one. Go to WM,Syosset, SE,GC,etc, you will find many similar stories. If you are happy at Cham, that's great. Just suggesting many publics offer the kids a better overall experience. Oh,and there are girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't live in New [lacrosse], is it true that you have to be a Junior or Senior to play Varsity at Chaminade

The old I don't live in New [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to you as well. While we are rivals (and fierce ones) there is always respect for your school and your program. Go Friars!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bunch of BS and needs to change. There's no reason why it has to be such a rigid system with no flexibility. Paying customers (parents) need to unite and rise up to storm the fortress. We need regime change! It's such a happy go lucky place with free will in so many other ways and so it should be with lax as well.

Good luck with the overthrow. You will find out quickly that attending is a privilege and its not about your "lax rights". It's about a solid catholic education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. All of that may not prevent your kid from behaving like you some day.!

And we would love to hear what "top" school your son has been "lightening it up " on as a freshman. I don't remember seeing that happen anywhere??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trash talking, just stating facts. And my son is certainly not the only one. Go to WM,Syosset, SE,GC,etc, you will find many similar stories. If you are happy at Cham, that's great. Just suggesting many publics offer the kids a better overall experience. Oh,and there are girls!

Not facts........your opinion.....which appears to lack any knowledge and is lacking in actual facts. Oh yea......nobody cares about your opinion or your prodigy. Hope you enjoy the baggy pants, backward hat wearing crowd at his school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
biggest problem with Chaminade lacrosse is not the discrimination against underclassmen it is the fact that they only let in Catholic's - makes no sense to me, team could be so much better with a some Protestants maybe a Jewish kid or two and how about an Atheist?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
biggest problem with Chaminade lacrosse is not the discrimination against underclassmen it is the fact that they only let in Catholic's - makes no sense to me, team could be so much better with a some Protestants maybe a Jewish kid or two and how about an Atheist?

Lol. Scary thing is some people really think this.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not facts........your opinion.....which appears to lack any knowledge and is lacking in actual facts. Oh yea......nobody cares about your opinion or your prodigy. Hope you enjoy the baggy pants, backward hat wearing crowd at his school.

Clearly my post struck a nerve. You can check past stats and see that many freshman and sophs were big contributors to their varsity squads. Those are facts, not opinions. If you check commitment lists , you can also confirm many public HSs are sending a good amount of their lax players to top schools. This is not an opinion either. Like I said ,it's great if you are happy with the program Chaminade has to offer. I was just offering that the overall experience for some kids may be better at the publics. No need to attack me or my son. Wishing all the boys a great season whether they play varsity or freshman team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you keep telling yourself that. that was your experience. congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow. that has to be the all time most ridiculous post I've ever heard. it's a catholic school. start an atheist school and send your kid there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rise up they will show you the door. The fact is they have a waiting list a mile long to get into Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Super! good luck with the 7-10,000 in tuition assistance he may get. Ten years from now, he will be working for the Chaminade grad, IT'S ABOUT THE EDUCATION ! ! !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name your great school district then. And please don't ever compare it to Chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Super! good luck with the 7-10,000 in tuition assistance he may get. Ten years from now, he will be working for the Chaminade grad, IT'S ABOUT THE EDUCATION ! ! !

Why are you so mad? Is it because you are paying 7-10,000, for what you could be getting for free? Or is it because your kid is playing for a freshman team that nobody cares about? Ha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow. that has to be the all time most ridiculous post I've ever heard. it's a catholic school. start an atheist school and send your kid there.

not as ridiculous as people fighting for weeks and weeks about whose high school's schlong is bigger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rise up they will show you the door. The fact is they have a waiting list a mile long to get into Chaminade.

Why is that the only answer that parents and student have to be like sheep and just be quiet? The school is funded by parents and alumni and the people managing it should have to answer to the paying customers. That's how it should work and will work if we get enough people to speak out and grab control of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that the only answer that parents and student have to be like sheep and just be quiet? The school is funded by parents and alumni and the people managing it should have to answer to the paying customers. That's how it should work and will work if we get enough people to speak out and grab control of the situation.

Times they are a changin' in the lax world and so too should this ridiculous "system" at Chaminade. Do all Catholic schools like Kellenberg, Holy Trinity etc. have the same ridiculousness?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait until the lax mommies start getting involved - they'll shake things up for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most "Old School" folks like it the way it is. "Individuals", need not apply. Besides, what you're describing, sounds like Barry's America.No thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Because you chose to go to a program that has a history and tradition of doing things a certain way, but you feel it needs to change for you. No one is saying change is bad but Chaminade has established itself as an institution where faith, education and athletics are its priority and prerogative. If you don't like the way they do it then why did you go there. Maybe you should find an institution that will change a tradition just for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have to go there. You make a decision to attend. If you dont like the rules , go somewhere else. The privileged parents who influence their public schools , coaches and administrators find this frustrating. It's an accomplishment and privilege to attend. The people who attend aren't "customers' they are part of a community, and willing pay tuition in order to provide this experience for their kids. Go try and control your pal , club team or some other cause you can bully and influence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Most "Old School" folks like it the way it is. "Individuals", need not apply. Besides, what you're describing, sounds like Barry's America.No thanks.

Thinking as an individual is what made this country great. The Chaminade way is suffocating and maybe explains why a small town team like Yorktown crushes them every year. Fear, intimidation and rigidity is a relic of the 50's. Enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you donate enough your kids will play.it may not be much but he will be able to say he played varsity lacrosse
At Chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't change the system, just change the Mascot......The Chaminade Lemmings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that!

So jealousy is all you've got? Character unbecoming of a Chammy cheerleader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that!

So jealousy is all you've got? Character unbecoming of a Chammy cheerleader.

It's abundantly clear the jealousy is yours. You wouldn't have to come on the Chaminade thread if that was not the case. There really is no debate on that one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard