BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please take your chaminade (king of all things) conversation elsewhere. It has no place on a lax site, lets get back to lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Anthony's is a sports machine, Chaminade is an academic machine. Don't fool yourself given the 2 choices you would be crazy not to send your son to Chaminade. They take care of their own especially with internships and employment opportunities after college

St A's academics are as good if not better and their football and lax is always better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree take it out of here. no one gives a rats [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You tell me one public school on LI just one that does the workload Chaminade does ??? And by the way you do bad in a class you fail no matter how good you are in a sport or how friendly your parents are with the teachers. They don't push you through or pad grades so they can get an award or win games

Overall the curriculum is weak at Chaminade. They create a rigorous schedule but its not challenging at all and does in no way prepare you for the rigorous college curriculum you face at some the elite schools. Many students who take AP in public schools will actually be using the same text books as they do in college. There are plenty of schools on LI that offer a much more difficult and advanced education experience. Jericho, Manhasset, Wheatly, Syosset, and Great Neck South, and CSH just to name a few. Look at graduating class and the numbers that go to Ivy and Elite institutions. Remember they are working with the pool of students that is dealt them based on the boundaries of their borders. Unlike the Catholics like Chaminade that have the luxury of having students from all over attend. Chaminade isn't for everyone and either are publics. To stand on a podium and try and preach how elite your school just exposes and allows for people to use facts and data to back up what they are saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's is a sports machine, Chaminade is an academic machine. Don't fool yourself given the 2 choices you would be crazy not to send your son to Chaminade. They take care of their own especially with internships and employment opportunities after college

St A's academics are as good if not better and their football and lax is always better.

Anyone who believes that their academics is better is a parent of a student who goes there. As a former student of St A I can assure you that they are more concerned with the sports program. There's nothing wrong with that. You just need to be properly informed before you attend

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you fail to mention the kids who do not pass the test but after after a quick parent call are somehow magically accepted to the call..happens for a FACT..the holier than thou mantra is an illusion at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know how to get a St. A's grad off of your front porch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An oldie but goodie...Pay for the pizza...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Enough with Chaminade and SA. They are both great and alway will be. Let's move onto other topics. There's dozens of other schools .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games Canceled for tomorrow yet?????

Today's game was just canceled.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who believes that their academics is better is a parent of a student who goes there. As a former student of St A I can assure you that they are more concerned with the sports program. There's nothing wrong with that. You just need to be properly informed before you attend

I completely disagree with your "There's nothing wrong with that" conclusion. It's supposed to be an academic instituion first and foremost, not a sports academy ala IMG. If what you say is true about the priority of sports over academics, then there is everything wrong about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Enough with Chaminade and SA. They are both great and alway will be. Let's move onto other topics. There's dozens of other schools .

There are no other schools - everything else is "noise" if your kid goes to St. A's or Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you fail to mention the kids who do not pass the test but after after a quick parent call are somehow magically accepted to the call..happens for a FACT..the holier than thou mantra is an illusion at best

I think Chaminade produces perfectly average young men

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last winter I watched Sayville not beat WI. I don't think the score was even close. WI does field a B team. My be they beat the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What else would an average man say. It's not a matter of if you go to college, it's where you go to college. Can't say that about half the public schools on the island. Ours is vamping up its vocational courses for that reason alone. Nothing wrong with either but I beg to differ on the average remark. Most of them are above average academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What else would an average man say. It's not a matter of if you go to college, it's where you go to college. Can't say that about half the public schools on the island. Ours is vamping up its vocational courses for that reason alone. Nothing wrong with either but I beg to differ on the average remark. Most of them are above average academically.

Eh. Seen better, seen worse. Nothing special. Plenty of better schools on the Island - athletically and academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh. Seen better, seen worse. Nothing special. Plenty of better schools on the Island - athletically and academically.

you obviously haven't seen much. Nothing beats Chaminade academically but you can keep telling yourself that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's better than Chaminade academically?

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

We all get it. You love Chaminade. Feel free to start a Chaminade thread and talk it up all you want. This thread will get back to the 2015 Boys lacrosse season.

Back of the Cage
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by The Hop

We all get it. You love Chaminade. Feel free to start a Chaminade thread and talk it up all you want. This thread will get back to the 2015 Boys lacrosse season.

I beat you to it. Chaminade has it's own dedicated thread. Take your Flyers conversations there.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite honestly, most Catholic schools are weak academically. Inflated GPAs with weak SATs show that. Give lip service to academics, but put money behind sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A public school guy, but Chaminade is a great school. For anyone to say their academics is weak is jealous or just doesn't know what they are talking about. Every boy and I mean every boy that I know that went to Chaminade was a great kid. Not to say that there are not bad apples that went through there, but all the kids that I know personally were great kids.

I know less kids that went to St. Anthony's (not all of them were on the same level as the kids I know that went to Chaminade) but for what it is worth I had a cousin that transfered from Huntingon to St. A's than back to Huntington. She told me there was the same problems at St. As that there was at Huntington and her classes at Huntington were harder and more rigorous.

I think we are lucky on Long Island that most of our public schools have the offerings of a great education. It is really you get what you put into it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is saying anything about the quality of the young men. Its the quality of the education that is lacking. No jealousy here. My son is on the track to attend an Ivy on academics alone and yes from a public school. As for not knowing what I am talking about, I can actually give you facts and data to back what I am saying.

Its not about trying to defend the decision of sending my child to an institution that has inferior academics like many parents of Chaminade students do. Its about making those who are constantly preaching how good their school is without facts understand that the school their child attends is not infallible and Ivory towers do come tumbling down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With staggeringly low acceptance rates at the Ivys, I don't think anyone can say they are on track to go to an Ivy. Plenty of straight A, perfect SATs get rejected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually someone can say they are on track if they have sat in front of admissions director and an academic adviser and taken their PSAT as a freshman to create an AI. Happens a lot and those who are in the process can attest to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said academics only. Why would an ivy admissions officer speak with an underclass man about AI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said academics only. Why would an ivy admissions officer speak with an underclass man about AI?

Duh, maybe the kid is a standout lax player that the coach is recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To clarify my earlier comment, my kid is in the process with a few Ivys and has had the AI conversation. So I'm familiar with the athlete/academic connection at those schools. But I wouldn't say my kid is on track "on academics alone" when I know that athletics is giving them an edge. When I read the original comment l took it to mean "my kid can get into Ivys without any athletic edge" and my point was with admit rates hovering near 10% for traditional applicants - that's not a realistic statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you never have been involved in the process. As for my son's academics they are higher than a 4.0 and include many honors classes. Academically he is on track to attend an Ivy or even a NESCAC. What is so difficult about that. We have many friends who's children have attended elite schools and we have modeled the path my son is on after their children's. It helps he is an excellent lacrosse player so the process has been accelerated.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At the One Love Foundation Tournament on the St. Paul's campus in Maryland Garden City beats #12 ranked St. Paul's 12-11 in a hard fought back and forth battle in Maryland. Great job GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you never have been involved in the process. As for my son's academics they are higher than a 4.0 and include many honors classes. Academically he is on track to attend an Ivy or even a NESCAC. What is so difficult about that. We have many friends who's children have attended elite schools and we have modeled the path my son is on after their children's. It helps he is an excellent lacrosse player so the process has been accelerated.

This post occurred at about the same time as your explanation to first hand knowledge of the process. I should have been clearer on the fact that lacrosse is in the mix regarding his admissions process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's my exact point. I am deep in the process at similar schools so I know very well what you are talking about. But I would never boast that my child is "on track for academics alone" when I know they are getting better treatment because of their athletics. I know too many non-recruits with great academic stats who get denied. IMO to not acknowledge the advantage an athlete with good grades has is a disservice to those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw your post. Seems like we r in agreement. Best of luck to your kid. Hope they get their dream school and can enjoy the rest of their high school career. I'm sure he's earned it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With staggeringly low acceptance rates at the Ivys, I don't think anyone can say they are on track to go to an Ivy. Plenty of straight A, perfect SATs get rejected.

Rejection rate sky rockets, especially if your a White or Asian male. Ivies are all about race. It trumps everything. Best and brightest do not get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rejection rate sky rockets, especially if your a White or Asian male. Ivies are all about race. It trumps everything. Best and brightest do not get in.

the repression of the white male has gone on for too long - hang in there you white males, we shall overcome some day

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Manhasset down by 1 to Boys Latin 5 to 4 at the start of 2nd half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??
Fading? Don't know if you can say that after 1 game? See where they are, or any team for that matter after 5 games.

As usual the past couple of years, Set will beat the Roslyns and Hewlets easily but will struggle to win any games against more disciplined and athletic teams. They have enough fluff in the schedule to finish above 500 but with none or very few high quality wins.

Spot on. Set loses to boys Latin. Can't win the quality games. Move Tyler Dunne back to lefty attack where he'll score 4 or 5 goals a game. He's being wasted at middle.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

BL way down this year. However, I do respect Manhasset for playing them, the game was not a blowout and although BL is no Haveford, the close score is definitely telling that Manhasset has a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other scores today or were most games cancelled ? Wm-Chaminade, Smithtown East-Locust Valley, etc.

Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard