BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 55 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 54 55
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so I guess your son sucks also

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

User
User
Just so I'm clear...these kids you are hammering are in 5th grade right?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

You are surprised by this? Go look at a second or third grade thread, it gets even worse.
Bottom line, the kids have fun anywhere they play, its the parents ego's that needs to be fed. And if a 10 year old is that driven to win at all costs, it's stemming from the parents.
Enjoy them playing while you can because if they hang up thier cleats, you will have nothing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You are surprised by this? Go look at a second or third grade thread, it gets even worse.
Bottom line, the kids have fun anywhere they play, its the parents ego's that needs to be fed. And if a 10 year old is that driven to win at all costs, it's stemming from the parents.
Enjoy them playing while you can because if they hang up thier cleats, you will have nothing to do.

That is what's wrong with society these days. Oh its ok if they lose as long as they have fun losing!! Winning is more fun and this team will not beat any elite teams but will win the games and beat the mediocre teams. I did not sign my kid up to be mediocre! If you are touting an A program then put A talent on the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what's wrong with society these days. Oh its ok if they lose as long as they have fun losing!! Winning is more fun and this team will not beat any elite teams but will win the games and beat the mediocre teams. I did not sign my kid up to be mediocre! If you are touting an A program then put A talent on the field!

OK I'll bite.
I agree with you that winning is more fun. I also agree that losing with dignity and using it to drive you to get better is just as important.
If your child is a top 10 player on his team and you think he can be a top 10 player on a better team, then by all means move him to that team.
I do not promote being mediocre. I promote working hard to succeed. I think you are a bit over the top with your comments about 10 year olds.
I hope you realize that IF your son plays in college, they won't care what team he was on nor how many games they won. As well, every club has an A team. If your ego requires your son to be on the best A team out there, again, go for it. It will feed your ego well. I just hope your son is on the field as much as he would have been.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK I'll bite.
I agree with you that winning is more fun. I also agree that losing with dignity and using it to drive you to get better is just as important.
If your child is a top 10 player on his team and you think he can be a top 10 player on a better team, then by all means move him to that team.
I do not promote being mediocre. I promote working hard to succeed. I think you are a bit over the top with your comments about 10 year olds.
I hope you realize that IF your son plays in college, they won't care what team he was on nor how many games they won. As well, every club has an A team. If your ego requires your son to be on the best A team out there, again, go for it. It will feed your ego well. I just hope your son is on the field as much as he would have been.

I just want to get it straight. You spent 2200 for your child to play on a B team being labeled as an A team, and that's OK with you? I get the fact that its not a matter of life and death but I am saying I want what I paid for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK I'll bite.

I just want to get it straight. You spent 2200 for your child to play on a B team being labeled as an A team, and that's OK with you? I get the fact that its not a matter of life and death but I am saying I want what I paid for!

That's a fair enough statement.
I guess the only option for you is to seek out a different club either this season or wait until next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thing about the outlaws being a B team is nonsense.
Express, 91 smash, 91 united, igloo, jesters and outlaws are all A teams. The rest are B teams. Outlaws will be competitive with all these teams come the summer season. Especially after practicing together. Is express a B team? They cant beat united smash or igloo. Is united a B team? They've ever beaten smash. Is igloo a B team? They've never beaten smash. In your eyes there is only 1 A team on long island. Simply not true. All these teams are competitive. Including the outlaws. You will see by summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thing about the outlaws being a B team is nonsense.
Express, 91 smash, 91 united, igloo, jesters and outlaws are all A teams. The rest are B teams. Outlaws will be competitive with all these teams come the summer season. Especially after practicing together. Is express a B team? They cant beat united smash or igloo. Is united a B team? They've ever beaten smash. Is igloo a B team? They've never beaten smash. In your eyes there is only 1 A team on long island. Simply not true. All these teams are competitive. Including the outlaws. You will see by summer season.

I sure hope so cause I'm not seeing it now! I see a lot of disorganized play and chaos. I would love to be proved wrong !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is this the only team your child tried out for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, we tried out and made the team. We were told its an A team. I see the light now how we are told one thing and to pay the money, then we were delivered a different experience.
What teams play year round so that I can try out for them next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, we tried out and made the team. We were told its an A team. I see the light now how we are told one thing and to pay the money, then we were delivered a different experience.

Honestly, you were at tryouts - if you had any scope of what a lacrosse player is, you would be able to decipher if there were enough 'A' players at tryouts - if that's in fact what you wanted......an 'A' team - Apparently you have no clue, and in your opinion - got screwed --- this falls on you buddy -- do the rest of us a favor and stay away from the rest of the clubs. We may want your son, but we sure don't want you

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Honestly, you were at tryouts - if you had any scope of what a lacrosse player is, you would be able to decipher if there were enough 'A' players at tryouts - if that's in fact what you wanted......an 'A' team - Apparently you have no clue, and in your opinion - got screwed --- this falls on you buddy -- do the rest of us a favor and stay away from the rest of the clubs. We may want your son, but we sure don't want you

If I may interject. All programs regardless of their name try and put A teams together in every age group. At tryouts there may seem to be enough players to field an A caliber team but once tryouts are over no one really knows who will accept an invitation. Some players use other teams tryouts as warm ups for their first choice teams. Others are sent down to see who from their program is trying out for other teams. Players also get invited to multiple teams and choose the best one for them. So if a parent is at a tryout it may seem there are enough A caliber players at a particular tryout but no way were those players intending on staying on with said team. It has happened with many programs recently because of all the new start ups. It happens a lot with older teams especially.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The complaining person knows his kid can't make smash or even take the position of a kid on united, express etc, he got thrown out of ogloo (the parent, not the kid), so he ended up on outlaws. The parents are nuts. If you don't know them, you will, stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The complaining person knows his kid can't make smash or even take the position of a kid on united, express etc, he got thrown out of ogloo (the parent, not the kid), so he ended up on outlaws. The parents are nuts. If you don't know them, you will, stay away.

Poor kid. He's worked hard and gotten better, but you're right, the parents are completely nuts.

"No, we tried out and made the team. We were told its an A team. I see the light now how we are told one thing and to pay the money, then we were delivered a different experience.
What teams play year round so that I can try out for them next year?"

Notice how it goes from "we" to "I"?

I always thought this was supposed to the about the kids? Hmmmmmm.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mommy is a complete phony. $3 bill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets start here. The Outlaws talent evaluators/coaches are obviously lacking. I'm not saying no one on our team is an A player but we have A LOT of suspect players in various positions. My other problem is this, Outlaws has their tryout so early and wants a commitment right away that kids don't have a chance to try out for other teams. So my kid make the team and we are told Black it the A team and Silver is the B team. I will say they need to re-evaluate the way they pick kids on Outlaw teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think their talent evaluation and coaching is just fine, backed by college coaches opinions who continue to commit players from the Outlaws Organization. The big picture is playing for a club, showing loyalty and building a team and improving your sons skills. Then by the time they get to HS the loyalty and hard work is replayed by getting into top recruiting camps, showcases and prospect days.. As well as playing in the top tournaments. If you and he doesn't buy into that, than I am sure the Outlaws have no problem seeing you and your son leave after the season.

http://lioutlawslax.com/app/Page/?n=74271&snid=&org=lioutlawslax.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think their talent evaluation and coaching is just fine, backed by college coaches opinions who continue to commit players from the Outlaws Organization. The big picture is playing for a club, showing loyalty and building a team and improving your sons skills. Then by the time they get to HS the loyalty and hard work is replayed by getting into top recruiting camps, showcases and prospect days.. As well as playing in the top tournaments. If you and he doesn't buy into that, than I am sure the Outlaws have no problem seeing you and your son leave after the season.

OK we all have opinions. Mine is that I think we have been sold a bad bill of goods. Again if you tell me that BLACK is and A team I will say your wrong. I may not know everything but I do know that watching this team that we are not an A team. We went to PA and got killed by those teams! I don't want to hear that they were older if we were that good (like 91 smash) we could play in the U brackets and compete!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK we all have opinions. Mine is that I think we have been sold a bad bill of goods. Again if you tell me that BLACK is and A team I will say your wrong. I may not know everything but I do know that watching this team that we are not an A team. We went to PA and got killed by those teams! I don't want to hear that they were older if we were that good (like 91 smash) we could play in the U brackets and compete!

PB should return your money now and do himself and the team a favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case he should return all of our money! He told all of us that our kids made the A team and its not true!! If paid 2200 to watch other teams get better while we stay idle then your the crazy one not me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case he should return all of our money! He told all of us that our kids made the A team and its not true!! If paid 2200 to watch other teams get better while we stay idle then your the crazy one not me!

Yes, you are correct, I am the crazy one. Now let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you sat idle this winter- did you think to better your sons ability to play by doing some training with him or just sit around as you say IDLE. If you are so unhappy call the director and voice your concerns and if your not happy with the answers then leave. Move On

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you sat idle this winter- did you think to better your sons ability to play by doing some training with him or just sit around as you say IDLE. If you are so unhappy call the director and voice your concerns and if your not happy with the answers then leave. Move On

Why would I call him? He's a a$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow I guess I'm bot alone here! He seems nice enough to your face but is full of $H!T.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK how many kids are on the team that were there last year? More than half the team in new and next year it will be the same thing because if you don't win people are not willing to stay!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you wont call him, and you come on this site to call him names and complain- I think that makes you an AS$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is because most of the time it isn't a parent on the team it is someone else causing problems. Ex player etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey current angry Outlaw mom. Ex-Igloo mom. ***********EDITED************
You can only be $o rude to $o many. You can havemore money and more $tuff but your grave will be the $ame $ize a$ mine you're pathetic

Edited for ridiculous language.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ex 10 yr old..? So an 11 yr old You need help,! jacka$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey current angry Outlaw mom. Ex-Igloo mom. ***********EDITED************
You can only be $o rude to $o many. You can havemore money and more $tuff but your grave will be the $ame $ize a$ mine you're pathetic

Edited for ridiculous language.

Not sure why you're jumping on this mom/dad for voicing their opinion. If you're a parent of a teammate then comfort them face to face if not mind your business. This is why kids cyber bully other kids because of the way you people act in here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Enough with that topic. We get it. You don't like them. Let's move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Team Long Island, would they be considered an A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they even play anymore ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do and will beat any of these teams including smash. Team LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes they do and will beat any of these teams including smash. Team LI[/quote
Smash #1 well above the rest.
Top five LI teams going into this season
1 Smash
2 TLI
3 Igloo
4 United
5 Express
See what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are TLI playing in this spring/summer ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express - as I am sure a handful of other so-called 'ranked' teams have some 6th graders (2021) playing on the 5th grade (2022 Team) To rank any team that has kids playing down is absurd.....please correct me if I am wrong - Did experience Exp 'play-down' first hand. However, not sure about others. Not singling out Exp, just calling it as was seen and confirmed. Asked kid on field what grade he was in, thinking he should have answered 5th not 6th - sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express - as I am sure a handful of other so-called 'ranked' teams have some 6th graders (2021) playing on the 5th grade (2022 Team) To rank any team that has kids playing down is absurd.....please correct me if I am wrong - Did experience Exp 'play-down' first hand. However, not sure about others. Not singling out Exp, just calling it as was seen and confirmed. Asked kid on field what grade he was in, thinking he should have answered 5th not 6th - sad

No sixth graders on the team. Try again.

Page 34 of 55 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard