BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 38 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's is a sports machine, Chaminade is an academic machine. Don't fool yourself given the 2 choices you would be crazy not to send your son to Chaminade. They take care of their own especially with internships and employment opportunities after college

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like GC in another "rebuild year". Roster includes some young (small) talent...(2017&2018) ..perhaps senior d1 commits could be playing larger role.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think so but they don't respect the seniors to the extent that they consider their last year as an earned opportunity. Hopefully they give them a chance to enjoy some meaningfull time especially since they Arent in national top ranking this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
No freshmen or sophs play varsity
They seem to do well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

I don't understand why you would limit fresh/soph to JV team's. I think the best players should play in High School.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any scores from todays games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

I don't understand why you would limit fresh/soph to JV team's. I think the best players should play in High School.

go play for public school if that's what you are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

Chaminade is about education first and age appropriate development in the classroom and on the field. What you don't realize is Chaminades kids and parents #1 goal is not to coach summer lacrosse after college like most travel parents want for their kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

Chaminade is about education first and age appropriate development in the classroom and on the field. What you don't realize is Chaminades kids and parents #1 goal is not to coach summer lacrosse after college like most travel parents want for their kids!

My question was not intended to put down private schools or somehow get into bashing summer lacrosse coaches, I was simply asking why even in an academic first institution you would limit someone's athletic development. If they are physically better and more skilled than a junior or senior why would they not be allowed to play. I read and understand academics first, but athletics is part of the package of being a well rounded, adjusted college ready young adult upon graduation. What is age appropriate, one year, two years, how do we determine that exactly? If it is one year, why can't a sophomore play with a junior? How can a junior possibly compete with a senior? What message is being sent to the junior or senior that is first string even though there might be better players on the JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

I hear your arguement. It was well put. However, riddle me this one Batman....

If we are going with your theory, why is it that this institution would allow a student who already was accepted as a Class of 2019 grad to reapply as a Class of 2018 student?

Please speak to the question.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

Why is it OK for you to speak disparagingly about travel parents?

No one had an ill thing to say about you, your son, his school, etc. Your son is a travel player. That makes you a travel parent.

Because you chose to send your son to Chaminade, does not give you the right to put down others choices.

It most certainly does not give you the right to speak for what "travel" parents want, need, expect, etc.

Shame on you for thinking/writing about what travel parents want more for their sons.

Please speak for your son and what you want for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

My question was not intended to put down private schools or somehow get into bashing summer lacrosse coaches, I was simply asking why even in an academic first institution you would limit someone's athletic development. If they are physically better and more skilled than a junior or senior why would they not be allowed to play. I read and understand academics first, but athletics is part of the package of being a well rounded, adjusted college ready young adult upon graduation. What is age appropriate, one year, two years, how do we determine that exactly? If it is one year, why can't a sophomore play with a junior? How can a junior possibly compete with a senior? What message is being sent to the junior or senior that is first string even though there might be better players on the JV.

Don't dignify the prior poster's comment. Chaminade parents are generally insecure so they need to pump up the institution to justify why they send their sons there. I can't figure it out, a catholic high school and they act like their kids go to a high school Harvard equivalent. Most, if not all, Chaminade lacrosse players are on travel teams and these catholic school families from Chaminade and St. A's take lax as seriously as any other people on LI. More often than not, you see these Chaminade posts touting their superiority but that's a clear sign the parents are insecure and are lacking something else in their lives to be proud of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

Why is the concept of waiting your turn so hard to grasp? Every boy going to Chaminade is fully aware of the policy, and still they go. It's having respect for the system, and your elders/upperclassmen. All of the parents crying about how much better there Freshman son is, are full of crap. They might have a better stick but the physical and mental development isn't there (unless your the kid thats cheating by doing 8th grade over, personally, Cham is lowering it's standards by allowing that kid enrollment). Very rarely does a underclassmen actually lead there kid to a championship, usually they are just another number on the field, and a reason for mommy and daddy to brag. Unless a team is in desperate need for players because they don't have enough kids to field a team, 7th, 8th,and 9th, graders should never be on a varsity squad, and only the truly exceptional 10th graders should be allowed, if there are enough upperclassmen available. Cham is doing the right thing, if you don't like the right thing stay in your public and cry to your coach, you'll get what you want

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Props to St. Anthony's for filling out their schedule with some tough teams.
They added the following:

2-Apr at Episcopal Academy (0-0)
4-Apr at Haverford School (2-0)
18-Apr Niskayuna (0-0)
27-Apr at Don Bosco Prep (0-0)
2-May at Brookfield (0-0)

Plus they already have the following already on the schedule

11-Apr Delbarton (0-0)
15-Apr at Chaminade (0-0)
25-Apr Wilton (0-0)
7-May Chaminade (0-0)
14-May Darien (0-0)
16-May New Canaan (0-0)

Another Gauntlet Schedule.

Does any big-time LI public school team have a tougher schedule than Chaminade or St. Anthony's?

Chaminade has about 60% more boys than any other high school on Long Island, it's actually kind of lame that they're not better

don't you mean that Brentwood should have the best team on Long Island because they actually have the most boys.

right, and using that logic...

Brooklyn Tech should be the best in the country because they are the biggest and have the most boys.

If not, what do you mean?

i looked at the same report you obviously referenced. There are a bunch of city schools that are bigger, but of the schools that actually play serious lacrosse, Chaminade is substantially bigger and recruits kids to the school...don't think Brentwood has that luxury or the reputation for investing in their lacrosse program. The only other schools that have strong lax programs on that list and have anywhere close to the number of boys that Chaminade has is Sachem. Did you say any others genius?

Never referenced a report...

Chaminade does not recruit. Academics are first at Chaminade. Do well on the test and the student is accepted.

Responded to a false statement that Chaminade has 60% more boys than any other LI HS... fact checked and debunked.

There is the fact that Chaminade, over the past 5 years, has the second best average national ranking in the country. Only Haverford can claim better.

So, you who thinks Chaminade is lame because they are not better apparently can only turn to disparaging remarks rather than appreciating team excellence and consistency. You also obviously have a strong disdain for the facts.

1. Chaminade does recruit to say they don't is just not true.

2. The school has 1,700 boys, that's equivalent to Brentwood and if that's who you want to compare yourself to then that's lame too. Just shut up and let Chaminade stand on its own accomplishments, no need to come websites and constantly have to tell everyone how great the school is. Do you see any other high school patting itself on the back as much as Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why did they let the cheater in ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love chaminades model
They seem to do well

Why is the concept of waiting your turn so hard to grasp? Every boy going to Chaminade is fully aware of the policy, and still they go. It's having respect for the system, and your elders/upperclassmen. All of the parents crying about how much better there Freshman son is, are full of crap. They might have a better stick but the physical and mental development isn't there (unless your the kid thats cheating by doing 8th grade over, personally, Cham is lowering it's standards by allowing that kid enrollment). Very rarely does a underclassmen actually lead there kid to a championship, usually they are just another number on the field, and a reason for mommy and daddy to brag. Unless a team is in desperate need for players because they don't have enough kids to field a team, 7th, 8th,and 9th, graders should never be on a varsity squad, and only the truly exceptional 10th graders should be allowed, if there are enough upperclassmen available. Cham is doing the right thing, if you don't like the right thing stay in your public and cry to your coach, you'll get what you want

OMG, totally missed the point again, I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have an agenda, don't have a clue why 7th, 8th graders and holdbacks would be entered into the conversation. It was a simple question, if you do have that rare 9th or 10th grader who can step in and play right away(they are physically and mentally ready to play) why should they be limited because of their age or grade. If it is something the school has always done, I guess that will have to be reason enough, since no one wants to explain why it is that way. Just because someone asks a question that differs from your point of view, that doesn't make them wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why did they let the cheater in ?

Please speak to the question.

The short answer is: because they recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, totally missed the point again, I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have an agenda, don't have a clue why 7th, 8th graders and holdbacks would be entered into the conversation. It was a simple question, if you do have that rare 9th or 10th grader who can step in and play right away(they are physically and mentally ready to play) why should they be limited because of their age or grade. If it is something the school has always done, I guess that will have to be reason enough, since no one wants to explain why it is that way. Just because someone asks a question that differs from your point of view, that doesn't make them wrong.

My kids go to public schools and i love what Chaminade does, everybody knows the policy going in and I think it shows that Chaminade is not all about championships. By having the freshman play together they are bonding as a team since they all came from different towns and different club team same as the 10th graders - if they did move up the younger kids it might help them win more but at the expense of an older kids playing time. I feel Chaminade is a total four year experience not a one season experience. It was not the route my kids wanted to take but a great option for those that do. And again everybody knows the deal when they sign up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't they physically and mentally ready to play with kids the same age? why don't you simply call the school, ask for the A.D. and ask the question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't they physically and mentally ready to play with kids the same age? why don't you simply call the school, ask for the A.D. and ask the question?

If they are physically and mentally ready to play at the Varsity level as a freshman, they would be physically and mentally ready to play with freshmen and sophomores on the JV, I think that goes without saying, but thank you Mr. Obvious.
Don't need to call the A.D., just figured with the wealth of knowledge and expertise on this site, someone would answer other than "they have always done it that way"
Maintaining the status quo is what shaped America

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this thread about 2015 spring lacrosse? Really? There is a reason when I go to this website I get disgusted at the mentality. Just enjoy the game and your kids.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.

Looks like YOU do not posses those qualities.

Sir, speak to the question, please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Fading? Don't know if you can say that after 1 game? See where they are, or any team for that matter after 5 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset could not win a face off...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If telling a kid we want you to take and entrance exam and do well enough to be accepted and then do 3 hours of homework every night and you may or may not make the team is considered recruiting then yes they recruit.

Most of the people complaining are those whos kids took the exam and did not get in and when mommy and daddy called to complain and tried to get them accepted and were told get lost by the Brothers who can care less about winning any game. BUT THEY KEPT IT ALL A SECRET from anyone else in their town just in case they didn't get in. Then they run around bashing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM scrimmaged miller place yesterday. Cold but WM looked pretty good.

WM first real test Saturday morning against Chaminade...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If telling a kid we want you to take and entrance exam and do well enough to be accepted and then do 3 hours of homework every night and you may or may not make the team is considered recruiting then yes they recruit.

Most of the people complaining are those whos kids took the exam and did not get in and when mommy and daddy called to complain and tried to get them accepted and were told get lost by the Brothers who can care less about winning any game. BUT THEY KEPT IT ALL A SECRET from anyone else in their town just in case they didn't get in. Then they run around bashing.

Now only Chaminade kids do homework? Hysterical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.

Maintaining the status quo is what shaped America. Just because something works doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. I do have respect for systems and I can also spell possess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now only Chaminade kids do homework? Hysterical

Chaminade is the best, by far, the best, in every respect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Fading? Don't know if you can say that after 1 game? See where they are, or any team for that matter after 5 games.

As usual the past couple of years, Set will beat the Roslyns and Hewlets easily but will struggle to win any games against more disciplined and athletic teams. They have enough fluff in the schedule to finish above 500 but with none or very few high quality wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=tennesseejed]CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??

As usual the past couple of years, Set will beat the Roslyns and Hewlets easily but will struggle to win any games against more disciplined and athletic teams. They have enough fluff in the schedule to finish above 500 but with none or very few high quality wins.

Guess you haven't seen this year's schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are best in all respects, plus they have the hottest girls, oops! My bad. That social part of high school not happening. But they do have 3 hrs of homework every night and great lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking to all of you Varsity parents who have been around the block a few times. I have heard on the sidelines talk of showcases that did not cut it. It is obvious to me, a parent of a JV player, that you have all figured out the hard way, which showcases your son should have applied for and which ones he played in and were just not what you thought they would be.

Your opinions please on:

Fab Frosh vs. U15 National Championships

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know Chaminade kids (and parents) are far superior to the rest of LI. Get over it and deal with defeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking to all of you Varsity parents who have been around the block a few times. I have heard on the sidelines talk of showcases that did not cut it. It is obvious to me, a parent of a JV player, that you have all figured out the hard way, which showcases your son should have applied for and which ones he played in and were just not what you thought they would be.

Your opinions please on:

They are all a joke unless you have made contact with coaches before attending

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your opinions please on:

They are all a joke unless you have made contact with coaches before attending

Not true! My son was recruited by several top D1 programs out of Maverick. Was on Varsity, but hardly stepped on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=tennesseejed]CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??

Guess you haven't seen this year's schedule.

Let me define flufff. North shore, friends, Hewlett, Roslyn, plainedge, southside, bethpage. If these are not 10 goal wins then the RIP set lax. Regardless of the fact that these are required matches in the weak Nassau B conference, that's 7 automatic wins out of 15 games on the schedule. That's fluff. The rest of the match ups are high quality but that's only half the schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You tell me one public school on LI just one that does the workload Chaminade does ??? And by the way you do bad in a class you fail no matter how good you are in a sport or how friendly your parents are with the teachers. They don't push you through or pad grades so they can get an award or win games

Page 10 of 38 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard