Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:04 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 11:53 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by SAT1234 - 07/06/22 11:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,035
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 102 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 101 102
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107366 03/19/15 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love chaminades model
No freshmen or sophs play varsity
They seem to do well



I don't understand why you would limit fresh/soph to JV team's. I think the best players should play in High School.


go play for public school if that's what you are looking for.


Chaminade is about education first and age appropriate development in the classroom and on the field. What you don't realize is Chaminades kids and parents #1 goal is not to coach summer lacrosse after college like most travel parents want for their kids!


My question was not intended to put down private schools or somehow get into bashing summer lacrosse coaches, I was simply asking why even in an academic first institution you would limit someone's athletic development. If they are physically better and more skilled than a junior or senior why would they not be allowed to play. I read and understand academics first, but athletics is part of the package of being a well rounded, adjusted college ready young adult upon graduation. What is age appropriate, one year, two years, how do we determine that exactly? If it is one year, why can't a sophomore play with a junior? How can a junior possibly compete with a senior? What message is being sent to the junior or senior that is first string even though there might be better players on the JV.
Why is the concept of waiting your turn so hard to grasp? Every boy going to Chaminade is fully aware of the policy, and still they go. It's having respect for the system, and your elders/upperclassmen. All of the parents crying about how much better there Freshman son is, are full of crap. They might have a better stick but the physical and mental development isn't there (unless your the kid thats cheating by doing 8th grade over, personally, Cham is lowering it's standards by allowing that kid enrollment). Very rarely does a underclassmen actually lead there kid to a championship, usually they are just another number on the field, and a reason for mommy and daddy to brag. Unless a team is in desperate need for players because they don't have enough kids to field a team, 7th, 8th,and 9th, graders should never be on a varsity squad, and only the truly exceptional 10th graders should be allowed, if there are enough upperclassmen available. Cham is doing the right thing, if you don't like the right thing stay in your public and cry to your coach, you'll get what you want


OMG, totally missed the point again, I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have an agenda, don't have a clue why 7th, 8th graders and holdbacks would be entered into the conversation. It was a simple question, if you do have that rare 9th or 10th grader who can step in and play right away(they are physically and mentally ready to play) why should they be limited because of their age or grade. If it is something the school has always done, I guess that will have to be reason enough, since no one wants to explain why it is that way. Just because someone asks a question that differs from your point of view, that doesn't make them wrong.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107367 03/19/15 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So why did they let the cheater in ?


Please speak to the question.

The short answer is: because they recruit.


Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
The Hop #107370 03/19/15 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107371 03/19/15 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous


OMG, totally missed the point again, I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have an agenda, don't have a clue why 7th, 8th graders and holdbacks would be entered into the conversation. It was a simple question, if you do have that rare 9th or 10th grader who can step in and play right away(they are physically and mentally ready to play) why should they be limited because of their age or grade. If it is something the school has always done, I guess that will have to be reason enough, since no one wants to explain why it is that way. Just because someone asks a question that differs from your point of view, that doesn't make them wrong.


My kids go to public schools and i love what Chaminade does, everybody knows the policy going in and I think it shows that Chaminade is not all about championships. By having the freshman play together they are bonding as a team since they all came from different towns and different club team same as the 10th graders - if they did move up the younger kids it might help them win more but at the expense of an older kids playing time. I feel Chaminade is a total four year experience not a one season experience. It was not the route my kids wanted to take but a great option for those that do. And again everybody knows the deal when they sign up

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
The Hop #107374 03/19/15 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't they physically and mentally ready to play with kids the same age? why don't you simply call the school, ask for the A.D. and ask the question?

Sponsored Links
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107410 03/19/15 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
aren't they physically and mentally ready to play with kids the same age? why don't you simply call the school, ask for the A.D. and ask the question?


If they are physically and mentally ready to play at the Varsity level as a freshman, they would be physically and mentally ready to play with freshmen and sophomores on the JV, I think that goes without saying, but thank you Mr. Obvious.
Don't need to call the A.D., just figured with the wealth of knowledge and expertise on this site, someone would answer other than "they have always done it that way"
Maintaining the status quo is what shaped America

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107414 03/19/15 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this thread about 2015 spring lacrosse? Really? There is a reason when I go to this website I get disgusted at the mentality. Just enjoy the game and your kids.

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107419 03/19/15 02:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
J
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
J
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107423 03/19/15 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.


Looks like YOU do not posses those qualities.

Sir, speak to the question, please.

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
jackstraw #107431 03/19/15 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
CSH 9--Manhasset 7 uhoh. Indians fading??
Fading? Don't know if you can say that after 1 game? See where they are, or any team for that matter after 5 games.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
The Hop #107433 03/19/15 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset could not win a face off...

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107436 03/19/15 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If telling a kid we want you to take and entrance exam and do well enough to be accepted and then do 3 hours of homework every night and you may or may not make the team is considered recruiting then yes they recruit.

Most of the people complaining are those whos kids took the exam and did not get in and when mommy and daddy called to complain and tried to get them accepted and were told get lost by the Brothers who can care less about winning any game. BUT THEY KEPT IT ALL A SECRET from anyone else in their town just in case they didn't get in. Then they run around bashing.


Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107437 03/19/15 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM scrimmaged miller place yesterday. Cold but WM looked pretty good.

WM first real test Saturday morning against Chaminade...

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107439 03/19/15 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If telling a kid we want you to take and entrance exam and do well enough to be accepted and then do 3 hours of homework every night and you may or may not make the team is considered recruiting then yes they recruit.

Most of the people complaining are those whos kids took the exam and did not get in and when mommy and daddy called to complain and tried to get them accepted and were told get lost by the Brothers who can care less about winning any game. BUT THEY KEPT IT ALL A SECRET from anyone else in their town just in case they didn't get in. Then they run around bashing.



Now only Chaminade kids do homework? Hysterical

Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Anonymous #107440 03/19/15 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I guess you didn't read the part about respecting upperclassmen/elders, waiting your turn, respect for the system, things you obviously do not posses.


Maintaining the status quo is what shaped America. Just because something works doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. I do have respect for systems and I can also spell possess.

Page 26 of 102 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4