BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the clarification.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the LI Birth Date ranges for a "True" 2018 player?

a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018. The "Normal" birth date would depend on the individual school districts cut off date, as far as I know most are December 1st but many, many kids that are born after September first start a year later - this is boys and girl, athletes and non athletes. In My school district the cut off date is December first so a child born on or after 12/1/1999 and on or before 11/20/2000 would be a "normal" 2018.

US Lacrosse has set the cut off date as September 1st for their U based tournaments so under that guide a "Normal" 2018 would be born between 9/1/1999 and 11/30/2000.

No right answer to your question but circling back IMHO - a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018.

If you had a non lacrosse playing kid that was born 3/13/1999 as a premature birth with development issues and the parents decided to delay school for a year and that kid is in 9th grade they are a 2018 and if you had a kid lacrosse player that was born 11/30/1998 and then decided to repeat 8th grade and is now in 9th grade I would still consider him a "TRUE" 2018 because he is scheduled to graduate high school in 2018. I am not saying I like it or that it is fair, what I am saying is he is a 2018

if you are born in 1998, you are a cheater!.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018. The "Normal" birth date would depend on the individual school districts cut off date, as far as I know most are December 1st but many, many kids that are born after September first start a year later - this is boys and girl, athletes and non athletes. In My school district the cut off date is December first so a child born on or after 12/1/1999 and on or before 11/20/2000 would be a "normal" 2018.

US Lacrosse has set the cut off date as September 1st for their U based tournaments so under that guide a "Normal" 2018 would be born between 9/1/1999 and 11/30/2000.

No right answer to your question but circling back IMHO - a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018.

If you had a non lacrosse playing kid that was born 3/13/1999 as a premature birth with development issues and the parents decided to delay school for a year and that kid is in 9th grade they are a 2018 and if you had a kid lacrosse player that was born 11/30/1998 and then decided to repeat 8th grade and is now in 9th grade I would still consider him a "TRUE" 2018 because he is scheduled to graduate high school in 2018. I am not saying I like it or that it is fair, what I am saying is he is a 2018

no a cheater would be a person playing under a fake name or a doctored birth document - a kid born in 1998 and in 9th grade is a 2018 - a frickin' old one but a 2018 none the less and not a cheater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no a cheater would be a person playing under a fake name or a doctored birth document - a kid born in 1998 and in 9th grade is a 2018 - a frickin' old one but a 2018 none the less and not a cheater.

C H E A T E R

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like stated previously, let's not go there. Keep with the fact that it is a 2018 graduating year and not age based.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like stated previously, let's not go there. Keep with the fact that it is a 2018 graduating year and not age based.

Being 16 in 9th grade is cheating. No other reason to be there. If it is for academic reasons, I would slow down on the recruiting efforts. The good news is, they can drive themselves to summer school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely 100% true! I wonder how these teams as well as Dukes, Crabs, FCA and others would fair against other teams from LI with mostly 99's and 98's. Ya know, like just about any LI 2017 team. I think we all know how that would play out. Please, can't have the age discussion again on this thread. We all know the deal. Not one of these teams could beat or compete the top 2018 LI teams without their holdbacks/double holdbacks and re-class kids. Just shake your head and move on. Nothing will change until this all goes age based, until then it's a joke to compare these teams.

This is very Fox News of you to make all your arguments and then say we can't have this discussion again. Unless the creators tell us otherwise 2018 is a grade based thread not an age based thread so unless somebody wants to start a birth year 2000 thread we need to discuss kids and teams graduating HS in 2018.

now you can stop the discussion

How MSNBC of to try and twist the facts to support the alternate reality you exist in. Early 99 or 98 are not legit 2018's. Now we'll stop. Now give your freshman the keys to the range rover so he can drive to practice tomorrow morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being 16 in 9th grade is cheating. No other reason to be there. If it is for academic reasons, I would slow down on the recruiting efforts. The good news is, they can drive themselves to summer school!

"is" in 9th grade, "is" 16 years old, "is" not cheating, "is" cheating, once again it all comes down to your definition of the word "is" a slick Willy classic.... But let's be honest, we all know you should be, at the oldest, a September 99 for a legit 2018. you can twist it all you want. dem's the facts folks. In the spirit of sportsmanship, this cannot be disputed. An attempt to state otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely 100% true! I wonder how these teams as well as Dukes, Crabs, FCA and others would fair against other teams from LI with mostly 99's and 98's. Ya know, like just about any LI 2017 team. I think we all know how that would play out. Please, can't have the age discussion again on this thread. We all know the deal. Not one of these teams could beat or compete the top 2018 LI teams without their holdbacks/double holdbacks and re-class kids. Just shake your head and move on. Nothing will change until this all goes age based, until then it's a joke to compare these teams.

This is very Fox News of you to make all your arguments and then say we can't have this discussion again. Unless the creators tell us otherwise 2018 is a grade based thread not an age based thread so unless somebody wants to start a birth year 2000 thread we need to discuss kids and teams graduating HS in 2018.

Couldn't agree more.

It's cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more.

It's cheating.

Wow! You just can't stop whining... just keep telling yourself "A Cheaters Gonna Cheat" and get off the subject and get back to what the thread is about, 2018 Graduating year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more.

It's cheating.

Wow! You just can't stop whining... just keep telling yourself "A Cheaters Gonna Cheat" and get off the subject and get back to what the thread is about, 2018 Graduating year.

no whining. stating facts. its cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you understand the difference between opinion and fact? It is your opinion that it is cheating and it is a fact that it is not.

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun
noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

fact fakt/
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts

a thing that is indisputably the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you understand the difference between opinion and fact? It is your opinion that it is cheating and it is a fact that it is not.

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

fact fakt/
noun

My son is a very young 2018, the "fact" of the matter is, in my "opinion", you are whining about a subject that you have no control over, so just stay with what the this thread is about, the teams that play for the graduating year of 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more.

It's cheating.

This argument get so boring. It is the same argument every year on these threads for the rising sophomores. While I agree that there is some bad behavior in terms of holdbacks/re-classes, unless the NCAA changes something in the rules or how recruiting works, unfortunately these are the cards you are dealt. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

great article in the NYT about how our children are becoming less sensitive to moral values because of the fact that people are trying to go off of fact that values/morals.

Was it an opinion the dress was blue/black or was it gold white. It all depends how you look at it. Yes that was the test behind the dress being leaked to the social media. Genius.

Good/Bad is not a fact it is opinion which is a moral value. cheating is an act so it is fact. but s it right or wrong it is a moral value.

even the definition of opinion itself can be argued

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

great article in the NYT about how our children are becoming less sensitive to moral values because of the fact that people these days (adults) are trying to go off of fact for things that are more values/morals driven.

Was it an opinion the dress was blue/black or was it gold white. It all depends how you look at it. Perception. A good spin doctor can distort the truth. Yes that was the test behind the dress being leaked to the social media. Genius.

Good/Bad is not a fact it is opinion which is a moral value. cheating is an act so it is fact. but s it right or wrong it is a moral value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

great article in the NYT about how our children are becoming less sensitive to moral values because of the fact that people are trying to go off of fact that values/morals.

Was it an opinion the dress was blue/black or was it gold white. It all depends how you look at it. Yes that was the test behind the dress being leaked to the social media. Genius.

September 99 or younger legit 2018. Fact, indisputable. Everyone else is gaming the system, bending the rules, twisting the facts, etc. Can't have it both ways. Just accept the fact you're dishonest and move on. You don't have the moral high ground here. That's a fact.
For my son, I don't care, average age Legit,2018. Challenging himself and playing varsity. Will only make him stronger for summer recruiting. If he can play against seniors, which he can, then the holdbacks and re-class kids will be a piece of cake come summer. Which is the case with most anyway. Their parents knew they couldn't compete on age, so they had them play against the little kids. Too funny...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

September 99 or younger legit 2018. Fact, indisputable. Everyone else is gaming the system, bending the rules, twisting the facts, etc. Can't have it both ways. Just accept the fact you're dishonest and move on. You don't have the moral high ground here. That's a fact.
For my son, I don't care, average age Legit,2018. Challenging himself and playing varsity. Will only make him stronger for summer recruiting. If he can play against seniors, which he can, then the holdbacks and re-class kids will be a piece of cake come summer. Which is the case with most anyway. Their parents knew they couldn't compete on age, so they had them play against the little kids. Too funny...

My good man (or Woman),

I am not for the hold back/ reclassification bs, I am just stating why there has been such insensitivity towards it. People have lost their moral grounds. That is what the article stated. My child plays up in sports and is academically advanced.

I realize I am lucky but when I see a 12 year old play against a 16 year old because one is playing up and the other playing down I laugh. I am always a bit nervous but it is what is best for my child (to play up).

Now my child is not alone many of the players in travel lacrosse are advanced in academics and have the skill to play up. Stay the course LI, make it a true oddity for those that made the decision to play down (for no reason other than sports) and celebrate those who excel playing up and on point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!!

Thanks for dictionary reference. Still cheating! Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

And I bet you look a lot older than buddies your age.
Your telling this group that sports teams should be picked by who matures earliest?
NO- My wife and I matured late. Held my son back in 5th grade-
Best decision ever.
Your boy have a mustache at age 12??

Stop crying and do whats best for your kid.
And you need to get in the gym and cover up that grey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You and your wife matured late so you left your kid back for sports?? You are a lunatic! Leaving a well adjusted, academically stable 10 year old is not good for anyone!!

And nice try with the gym thing, but just ran NYC marathon in November and haven't had hair in 15 years to go grey!! Interesting you stereotype people who play their kids at proper age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You and your wife matured late so you left your kid back for sports?? You are a lunatic! Leaving a well adjusted, academically stable 10 year old is not good for anyone!!

And nice try with the gym thing, but just ran NYC marathon in November and haven't had hair in 15 years to go grey!! Interesting you stereotype people who play their kids at proper age group?

Interesting that you have figured out he was well adjusted and academically stable - or that the decision was based on sports you judgmental arrogant bald twit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting that you have figured out he was well adjusted and academically stable - or that the decision was based on sports you judgmental arrogant bald twit

and this is the problem.

You led him to that conclusion. Two sayings come to mind.
* Lead a horse to water he should drink. if he doesn't is he trueloy a horse or a donkey!

* If it smell like chicken - taste like chicken - your chicken!

I'm not bald and have embraced the grey hair and actually like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you left him back for anything but sports, and you are here bragging about it on a lacrosse forum, you may be an even lower form of life than I anticipated? If that's possible??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and this is the problem.

* Lead a horse to water he should drink. if he doesn't is he trueloy a horse or a donkey!

in original post you said you haven't had hair in 15 years and now you are saying you are not bald, am I missing something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hasn't this topic (re-classing) been beaten to death?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

o·pin·ion əˈpinyən/
noun

fact fakt/
noun

And I bet you look a lot older than buddies your age.
Your telling this group that sports teams should be picked by who matures earliest?
NO- My wife and I matured late. Held my son back in 5th grade-
Best decision ever.
Your boy have a mustache at age 12??

Stop crying and do whats best for your kid.
And you need to get in the gym and cover up that grey.

Crying? Not a chance. Laughing out loud at your sad post? Absolutely.
Ask yourself, how are you going to "fix" things for your son in HS? He'll be forced to play with kids his own age, and heaven forbid, older. What about college? If he gets recruited, how will you reshuffle that deck?
As for me, I was young for my grade, never bothered me. Gym? Been lifting since I'm 12 years old. Cover gray hair???? No chance, I'm hetero.
Now go get a bottle of Miss Clariol and don't be late for your dance class at Lucille Roberts. Could you be any more fem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, not the same person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it's worth, here's a little anecdotal info on early recruiting from the 2017 recruits listed on laxpower.

School cut off in NYS is December. Most recruits are public school kids.

New [lacrosse] State has 77 commits in 2017

In the hold back, grade repeat, re-class States of MD, PA, DC and VA combined, 76 commits.

You make your own deductions...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Great State Showdown

Anyone have insight into this inaugural event????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and this is the problem.

in original post you said you haven't had hair in 15 years and now you are saying you are not bald, am I missing something?

Yes you are. The fact that multiple people are so surprised by how ignorant you are, that they can't stop responding. It's not a conversation , it's a forum. Maybe you should have taken a second dose of 5th grade too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a region specific tryout process and you cannot go and play for another region. All information is on the 3d website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a region specific tryout process and you cannot go and play for another region. All information is on the 3d website.

it appears to be an invite only, you need to reach out to 3d to find out what the process is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHEATER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHEATER

I am not a cheater nor is my 2000 birth year 2018 son, he does not care how old his opponents are he spends his energy on winning not on crying about how old the other kids are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHEATER

I am not a cheater nor is my 2000 birth year 2018 son, he does not care how old his opponents are he spends his energy on winning not on crying about how old the other kids are.

Winning is all that matters! That's the way the "creators" intended it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHEATER

Winning is all that matters! That's the way the "creators" intended it!

Dude, you have a crooked head, not a crooked arrow.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

it appears to be an invite only, you need to reach out to 3d to find out what the process is.

We got an invite, simple process, just email them and they will inform you who to reach out to and what information is needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel free to lambast me and call us cheaters but I will share my son's story and why HE decided to reclassify. He plays on one of the top club teams was an invite to Jake Reed and other top events, but before last summer had a series of lower body injuries, which despite seeing a ton of experts, did not receive a proper diagnosis. He wound up missing just about all of his 2017 summer and all of this fall.

He wound up having bilateral hip surgery and also missed quite a bit of school this past fall. By missing most of last summer and all of the fall he had pretty much fallen off of the radar, but more importantly he felt that that his academic journey had taken a bit of turn when he was dealing with all of the pre-surgery rehab and then his eventual surgery to repair both of his hips.

If this had been a lacrosse driven decision we wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't say lacrosse did play some part in it. As a 2017 who missed out on the most important window of the recruiting process many of his options were off of the table, and while he doesn't have visions of playing at Hopkins, or UNC per se, after all of the hard work he wanted as many options as possible on the table.

Because he missed quite a bit of school and felt like he missed a semester he will now also be in a much better academic situation so for us it was the right decision to make.

Fell free to fire away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel free to lambast me and call us cheaters but I will share my son's story and why HE decided to reclassify. He plays on one of the top club teams was an invite to Jake Reed and other top events, but before last summer had a series of lower body injuries, which despite seeing a ton of experts, did not receive a proper diagnosis. He wound up missing just about all of his 2017 summer and all of this fall.

He wound up having bilateral hip surgery and also missed quite a bit of school this past fall. By missing most of last summer and all of the fall he had pretty much fallen off of the radar, but more importantly he felt that that his academic journey had taken a bit of turn when he was dealing with all of the pre-surgery rehab and then his eventual surgery to repair both of his hips.

If this had been a lacrosse driven decision we wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't say lacrosse did play some part in it. As a 2017 who missed out on the most important window of the recruiting process many of his options were off of the table, and while he doesn't have visions of playing at Hopkins, or UNC per se, after all of the hard work he wanted as many options as possible on the table.

Because he missed quite a bit of school and felt like he missed a semester he will now also be in a much better academic situation so for us it was the right decision to make.

Fell free to fire away.

Forget reclassifying, with those injuries at such a young age maybe it is time to consider golf.

Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard