BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 83 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is Daler nation going to be this year?

They weren't the team they had been last year. This year even worse....

They graduated out some studs, not sure who's coming in behind

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Daler nation going to be this year?

They weren't the team they had been last year. This year even worse....

They graduated out some studs, not sure who's coming in behind

They have TW going to JMU. Coming off serious leg injury. Not sure of any others .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that tryouts are completed.....How many 7th & 8th graders made their town Varsity teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the 8th graders that showed to tryouts with their YJ backpacks did. Fear the Bee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the 8th graders that showed to tryouts with their YJ backpacks did. Fear the Bee

A lot of schools have rules in place to prevent 7th or 8th graders from playing HS ball. Some only allow a couple of kids. I have a son and daughter in HS. Both on Varsity Lax. At my school, I see a huge difference in philosophy on the teams. The boys teams seem to be made strictly on talent with no regard for grade except for the number set by the district. And there doesn't seem to be a huge complaint by parents. On the girls side it is the complete opposite. Parents continually complain about the younger ones. Doesn't matter if they're 7, 8, 9 or even 10th grade. Seems to be an attitude that the talent doesn't matter as much as the age. Is this true in other districts or is it just mine? Should the girls be treated differently?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is the coach is clueless and doesn't realize they are on the 5th or 6th YJ team, if you have the bumper sticker you must be good lol YJ should open up a marketing firm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question for you? Your daughter makes varsity as an 8th grader but is told she will basically never step on the field. Do you stay on varsity or go to JV where you will play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the rule for the amount of practices a jv or varsity player needs before she can play in a scrimmage or a game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question for you? Your daughter makes varsity as an 8th grader but is told she will basically never step on the field. Do you stay on varsity or go to JV where you will play?

JV no doubt

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV no doubt

Thanks. I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV no doubt

hanks. I agree.
LOL you are not a self respecting travel parent. You need to tell everyone your kid made varsity as an 8th grader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely say JV!! Playing time on JV is far more valuable than bench time on varsity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely say JV!! Playing time on JV is far more valuable than bench time on varsity!

I would say it completely depends on the situation in your district. If the JV has a good coach and good players, then it may be a good idea. Some JV programs are a joke, unfortunately so are some varsity programs. Point is your daughter may be much better off and prepared for coming years by learning and practicing with the varsity team, rather than regressing under a bad JV coach and team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my 9th grader was offered that I would advise her to stay on JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that tryouts are completed.....How many 7th & 8th graders made their town Varsity teams?

Too many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jv playing time is better than varsity bench time, however, time practicing with varsity players is much better for a strong player than practicing with jv players. Need to weigh a number of things when deciding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great stuff, but none of this applies to YJ's when you have CR and her cronies pushing for every 7th and 8th grader to be on varsity or JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any big matchups this week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great stuff, but none of this applies to YJ's when you have CR and her cronies pushing for every 7th and 8th grader to be on varsity or JV.

Your obsession over CR is sad. I know of 3 YJ seventh graders being moved up (mine is not) , I am sure there are more but will say these 3 will not only play but will contribute to their varsity teams success. The high school coaches they play for have no YJ affiliation as a matter of fact 1 of the coaches is heavily involved in a competing club. That said the schools are all middle of the road better than average but not great programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents pushing their kids to commit early aggressively push to get up to Varsity so they can get it on the resume just like the political UA and Brine teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your obsession over CR is sad. I know of 3 YJ seventh graders being moved up (mine is not) , I am sure there are more but will say these 3 will not only play but will contribute to their varsity teams success. The high school coaches they play for have no YJ affiliation as a matter of fact 1 of the coaches is heavily involved in a competing club. That said the schools are all middle of the road better than average but not great programs.

When you live in a district that has a YJ coach for HS you will know what we all go through. The politics is insane. I just don't understand how school boards allow these conflicts of interest to go on. Our school has a strong policy that no teacher is allowed to tutor kids in our district becaue of the inherant "pay for grades" conflict of interest. How do they allow the same to go on with sports where there is a "pay to play" conflict of interest.

When you see the coach having private meetings with her "summer kids" and with her "summer parents" it is joke and a conflict of interest. CR heavily promotes this to her coaches - fact! If you don;t play for YJ in Northport you have no chance of playing varsity lacrosse. How is this allowed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few out there on play-off caliber teams that will contribute to their teams. Good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"When you see the coach having private meetings with her "summer kids" and with her "summer parents" it is joke and a conflict of interest. CR heavily promotes this to her coaches - fact! If you don;t play for YJ in Northport you have no chance of playing varsity lacrosse. How is this allowed?"

You lose me when you say something is a fact when you would have no idea if its factual.I have seen kids from many different club teams get selectively classified and kids in many sports , is CR using her influence for these kids also. In general YJ has more players and more of the top players so you would expect more of them to get selectively classified.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few out there on play-off caliber teams that will contribute to their teams. Good for them.

What play-off caliber first round?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What play-off caliber first round?

Didn't ESM have pulled up players contributing in last years county final playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget ESM - that program is turning into a shxt show
What do you make of a program that cuts girls from JV but parents complain and they are back on a week later after tryoouts
Very poorly run - to much politics - the program is not going to do well if this keeps up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a 7th grader is a difference maker on a HS Varsity Team........that team is in trouble and I doubt a big time team in the first place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents pushing their kids to commit early aggressively push up to Varsity so they can get it on the resume just like the political UA and Brine teams.

Very good point. With recruiting happening at such a young age there is pressure to have an in depth impressive "resume" so much sooner than in the past. So, the parents push, but it is somewhat understandable . The colleges are driving the behavior, at least in part. it is not just crazy parents. It is a shame in a sense that the entire high school sports environment, the old "meaning" of jv and varsity etc has changed so much. Please do not misinterpret. I am not against pulling up players but it should be limited to the truly gifted players, or used when numbers are needed to field a properly rostered varsity team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget ESM - that program is turning into a shxt show
What do you make of a program that cuts girls from JV but parents complain and they are back on a week later after tryoouts
Very poorly run - to much politics - the program is not going to do well if this keeps up

There must have been room on the roster. Did all cut get a second chance? Hard to know what was discussed. Maybe allowed to join but without expectations of playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No difference made by the 7th grader
If you recall ESM lost to Sayville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a 7th grader is a difference maker on a HS Varsity Team........that team is in trouble and I doubt a big time team in the first place.

In Suffolk please tell me who the big time teams are, you sound like a jealous tool.Many of the top teams in Suffolk have pulled up 7th graders at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No difference made by the 7th grader
If you recall ESM lost to Sayville

You can be the best player in the world and still play on the losing team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a whole, Long Island girls lacrosse seems to be headed into some lean years after 2015. The poster that said if a 7th grader is a difference maker your team is not good . Unfortunately for L.I. There are a lot of 7th grade difference makers on the horizon. Personally I think we should stop squabbling about this team or that and try to get the Island strong as a whole. Unfortunately you people are to petty and small to put such meager differences like who is got what pinnie on to see the bigger problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all teams are going to be "big time" teams. There can only be 1 #1 team in each division. Some schools are small and not blessed with a large talent pool to pick from. Sometimes you have to deal with what you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather 7th graders playing varsity rather than recruiting older bodies to fill roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a moron - so high school girls are OLD!
Chauvinist pig!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have read that money is not offered by colleges until senior year of high school, if that's true how does a 10th grade verbal know how much will be offered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have read that money is not offered by colleges until senior year of high school, if that's true how does a 10th grade verbal know how much will be offered?

They know how much but it is not final until they sign. Verbal agreements can be pulled,but colleges need to be careful that they don't get aa reputation of doing that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They know how much but it is not final until they sign. Verbal agreements can be pulled,but colleges need to be careful that they don't get aa reputation of doing that.
Verbals don't get pulled even when coaches change but the change sometimes leads to players backing out which is what the new coach wants most of the time anyway. Keep the grades up and your daughter will be fine

Page 48 of 83 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard