BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 38 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like St Anthony's only has 11 regular season games on the schedule, which is a bit light compared to most teams with roughly 13-16 regular season games. What gives with so many high quality teams in their own back yard.

don't go by what's on the school website just yet. It also shows no games until March 31. There are about 5 empty slots. I have to believe that they are still working out some of the scheduling. Using your approach then the JV team is playing no games this year and the freshman team is going back in time and playing in 2014

Laxpower also has the same schedule as the St A's website. Not sure why they don't have their act together and what the procrastination with the schedule is all about - it's not like the season just mysteriously appeared without warning and caught them by surprise. Why leave the scheduling to the last minute? Will be impossible for other schools to fit them in their schedules that have already been baked for at least a month or two. And it's not like they have to look far for good games - There are a dozen worthy opponents within a 20 mile radius - c'mon St A's - get it together already!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like St Anthony's only has 11 regular season games on the schedule, which is a bit light compared to most teams with roughly 13-16 regular season games. What gives with so many high quality teams in their own back yard.

don't go by what's on the school website just yet. It also shows no games until March 31. There are about 5 empty slots. I have to believe that they are still working out some of the scheduling. Using your approach then the JV team is playing no games this year and the freshman team is going back in time and playing in 2014

Laxpower also has the same schedule as the St A's website. Not sure why they don't have their act together and what the procrastination with the schedule is all about - it's not like the season just mysteriously appeared without warning and caught them by surprise. Why leave the scheduling to the last minute? Will be impossible for other schools to fit them in their schedules that have already been baked for at least a month or two. And it's not like they have to look far for good games - There are a dozen worthy opponents within a 20 mile radius - c'mon St A's - get it together already!

nice first week of lax and there you go.

I am quite sure many schools do not have their full schedule up it is a shame St A's doesn't. but look int a few other teams and you will see holes too. So coaches on lax power aren't even correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dropping some knowledge........

Since 2010, there are only 31 teams that have finished ranked nationally in the top 150(Laxpower)in each of the past 5 years... a true mark of consistency.

5 teams come from CT,
1 team each from NJ and PA.
2 teams from Upstate NY.
4 teams come from MD.

Of those 31 teams, 7 come from Long Island-
(2 Catholic's, 1 Nassau and 4 Suffolk).

Chaminade
Garden City
St Anthony's
Ward Melville
Smithtown West
Comsewogue
Shoreham-Wading River

Only 1 team in the Nation has a better 5 year national average ranking than Chaminade.... and that team is.... Haverford.

If that list of teams ranked in the top 150 is expanded to teams ranked in 4 out of the past 5 years (still a mark of consistency) the list doubles to 65 teams nationally.

From LI, that would bring Massapequa and West Islip back into the discussion.

Notable team not making the cut: Manhassett, Northport, Smithtown East, Syosett, CSH.

My question... What teams will become the next consistent models of excellence over the next 5 years?

will the catholics fall off the list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dropping some knowledge........

Since 2010, there are only 31 teams that have finished ranked nationally in the top 150(Laxpower)in each of the past 5 years... a true mark of consistency.

5 teams come from CT,
1 team each from NJ and PA.
2 teams from Upstate NY.
4 teams come from MD.

Of those 31 teams, 7 come from Long Island-
(2 Catholic's, 1 Nassau and 4 Suffolk).

Chaminade
Garden City
St Anthony's
Ward Melville
Smithtown West
Comsewogue
Shoreham-Wading River

Only 1 team in the Nation has a better 5 year national average ranking than Chaminade.... and that team is.... Haverford.

If that list of teams ranked in the top 150 is expanded to teams ranked in 4 out of the past 5 years (still a mark of consistency) the list doubles to 65 teams nationally.

From LI, that would bring Massapequa and West Islip back into the discussion.

Notable team not making the cut: Manhassett, Northport, Smithtown East, Syosett, CSH.

My question... What teams will become the next consistent models of excellence over the next 5 years?

will the catholics fall off the list?

past performance is not an indicator of future results... times they are a changing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

past performance is not an indicator of future results... times they are a changing [/quote]

responder is probably from Smithtown East or Northport.... we've been hearing it for years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
past performance may not be an indicator of current results....

and current results may not be in line with historical performance,

but...

I'd make the bet that Coaches that have delivered regularly superior results and schools with consistent coaching and supportive programs will have a better chance of achievement longer term (even if there is a "trip up year").

Great example of this is West Islip... very likely to remain a strong program with coach Craig.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on with farmingdale? There used to be no lax conversation that did not involve them. Will they come back to prominence or is it gettig bad over there in Daler country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on with farmingdale? There used to be no lax conversation that did not involve them. Will they come back to prominence or is it gettig bad over there in Daler country

The head coach should have retired already. They lost all of there good assistant coaches over the last few years and have a head assistant now that was the sole reason 11 players including 5 starters quit the team last year. This guy should not have been able to keep his job this year.

As a Daler I think the program is in terrible shape because of the way it's being run. But with that said they as always have talent including one of the top goalies on the island who is only a junior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you let the kid quit over a coach, what next you don't like your teacher drop out, your boss is mean so quit, my son hated his coach but loved playing. So he adjusted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you let the kid quit over a coach, what next you don't like your teacher drop out, your boss is mean so quit, my son hated his coach but loved playing. So he adjusted

First HS kids are old enough to make there own decision whether or not to play. Second HS kids should not be forced to be abused by "coaches" that should not be around student athletes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was great to see the boys back on the field - they looked pretty good considering they only had one day on the field before the scrimmage. it's going to be a good year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides the head coach being way to old a big issue with the dalers is that there is zero communication between the JV and Varsity coaches. Last year the Varsity moved a player up during the middle of the season and this player wasn't even a starter on the JV and didn't make an impact on any games. He also didn't see the field on Varsity either. The Varsity coaches don't ask the opinion of the JV coaches that work with the players everyday. The JV coaches call out names for attendance of players that got called up because they don't even get a courtesy notification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. how in the world would YOU know what conversations take place among coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the JV coach has told the parents and players this on numerous occasions every single year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the JV coach has told the parents and players this on numerous occasions every single year!

JV coach should be fired for insubordination if he is talking behind the back of the varsity coach - this would never happen in Hewlett

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV coach should be fired for insubordination if he is talking behind the back of the varsity coach - this would never happen in Hewlett

Almost everyone in Farmingdale would disagree and say that the Varsity coach should be forced to retire as he did 20 years ago from teaching. My son shouldn't be playing for the same coach that I played for in the 90's when that coach was old back then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree. every single year? really? why would jv coach share that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said - kids have to adjust to the coaches, not the other way around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your son shouldn't be playing for same coach you played for? I'm sure that you are aware that several school districts , at least one very very prominent football and lacrosse programs have coaches who have coached for many years.football coach been there for over 40 yrs and is so old his team won LIC 2 yrs ago. lax coach has a stellar reputation and played there ... its a thrill to have your son play for your old coach. its a rare privilege and a testament to consistent program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
an agreement or agreement can be made that some coaches should still coach as long as they can and some others should hang up the whistle no matter how long they've coached.

I would also say a record is not always an indication. Some take weak teams further than expected some do not take teams as far as they should. (regardless of longevity)

Why not List the coaches years of service and record and playoff appearances.

Personally, I will say the coach shouldn't be someone the players grandfather went to college with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
an agreement or agreement can be made that some coaches should still coach as long as they can and some others should hang up the whistle no matter how long they've coached.

I would also say a record is not always an indication. Some take weak teams further than expected some do not take teams as far as they should. (regardless of longevity)

Personally, I will say the coach shouldn't be someone the players grandfather went to college with.

The Farmingdale coach has been the head coach there since the 60's and Farmingdale has always been one of the strongest programs in Nassau yet he has won only 1 state title in 2011 and that was with the assistants that have since left doing all of the actual coaching. He's just a figure head at this point which is bad because of the lack of ability of the head assistants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so the varsity assistants aren't up to snuff, the jv coaches go crying to the mommies, what else? this is so silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Farmingdale coach has been the head coach there since the 60's and Farmingdale has always been one of the strongest programs in Nassau yet he has won only 1 state title in 2011 and that was with the assistants that have since left doing all of the actual coaching. He's just a figure head at this point which is bad because of the lack of ability of the head assistants.

Welcome to PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He and Teddy Roosevelt were excellent lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are blaming a man who has coached a very successful program for over 40 years. Probobly longer than most of you pussies are alive. He's coached plenty of players that have gone on to play at the highest levels. Don't blame the coach if the talent isn't there right now. Let's move onto another topic . This sounds like a few angry Daler parents who's kid don't get asked to play Varsity. Maybe he's not as good as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are blaming a man who has coached a very successful program for over 40 years. Probobly longer than most of you pussies are alive. He's coached plenty of players that have gone on to play at the highest levels. Don't blame the coach if the talent isn't there right now. Let's move onto another topic . This sounds like a few angry Daler parents who's kid don't get asked to play Varsity. Maybe he's not as good as you think.

No dalers that went on to play at college received any help from the head coach. There has always until 2012 been great assistants that help the players and the club coaches in recent years too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teddy Roosevelt held back in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dalers that went on to play at college received any help from the head coach. There has always until 2012 been great assistants that help the players and the club coaches in recent years too.

Any I assume you were one of those ? No. I went to a D1 school and he helped a lot. Sorry your kid isn't skilled enough to get moved up. Don't take it out on the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any I assume you were one of those ? No. I went to a D1 school and he helped a lot. Sorry your kid isn't skilled enough to get moved up. Don't take it out on the coach

My son is on Varsity and nobody said anything about anyone not getting moved up. These days the head coach isn't involved in those choices anyway! Just stating the overwhelming feelings within the town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on Varsity and nobody said anything about anyone not getting moved up. These days the head coach isn't involved in those choices anyway! Just stating the overwhelming feelings within the town.

Syosset beat chaminade 9-2 today!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it

Ok won't doubt it they played today!!!!! And don bosci

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true. Teddy was not held back, he was "re-classified" so that he would have a better chance of making varsity. He was an 1887 but was really a 1886 with the "re-classification."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset beat chaminade 9-2 today!!!!!

Think the end score was syosset 7 - Chaminade 1
Chaminade definitely only had one goal
Syosset won against Don Bosco also about 12-2
But then lost to lynbrook by 1
Good day of lacrosse despite the weather

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How old are you 40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true. Teddy was not held back, he was "re-classified" so that he would have a better chance of making varsity. He was an 1887 but was really a 1886 with the "re-classification."

He was highly criticized for it initially, he said at first it was a Rough Ride, but overall he was glad he did it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wasting perfectly good historical sarcasm, do you think the readers here are going to get it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not familiar with the name. What team/region did he play for. Showcase???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wasting perfectly good historical sarcasm, do you think the readers here are going to get it

I would like to re-classify your post as condescending - we all got the historical reference, it just was funny enough to comment on - and I always assumed TR was a defensemen as it is well know that he talked softly but carried a big stick......that is an historical reference to TR's travels in West Africa and his quoting of the proverb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you really need to get some books in Suffolk.

Page 8 of 38 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard