BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Stony Brook 9. Notre Dame 5. FINAL
Gota say congrats to S.B. . Never thought they could do it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

"You never thought ..." WHY? Notre Dame is mediocre at best. They beat Detroit, Cincinnati and California (all low tier D1) and got crushed by Duke 17-3 and Boston College 15-6. Stony Brook should have won. Especially if they want to be considered a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the bragging and criticizing that is done on this site about club teams and college choices I found this to be enlightening. Its Payscale.com list of best return on investment (R.O.I) of12,00 + colleges

http://www.payscale.com/college-roi/

But CR told me I should look at a school ranked 800+ hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta say you must he an idiot if you never saw SB beating ND. Pay attention moron.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
With all the bragging and criticizing that is done on this site about club teams and college choices I found this to be enlightening. Its Payscale.com list of best return on investment (R.O.I) of12,00 + colleges

http://www.payscale.com/college-roi/

Forbes does a similar style ranking (or at least uses ROI as a component).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Gotta say you must he an idiot if you never saw SB beating ND. Pay attention moron.

Notre Dame looks a bit lost right now. However you can't take away the effort by Stony Brook tonight. Who challenges them in their conference?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
NCAA/IWLCA Womens D1 Rankings.

RA SCHOOL REC
1 Maryland (20) 5-0
2 North Carolina 6-1
3 Boston College 6-0
4 Duke 7-0
5 Florida 6-1
6 Syracuse 5-2
7 Northwestern 4-2
8 Virginia 3-3
9 Penn State 4-1
10 Princeton 4-0
11 Stanford 4-0
12 Louisville 5-0
13 Pennsylvania 4-0
14 Ohio State 6-1
15 James Madison 5-1
16 Loyola (Md.) 1-4
17 Notre Dame 3-3
18 Stony Brook 3-0
19 Delaware 5-1
20 Johns Hopkins 3-2

Also receiving votes: Massachusetts, Navy, Albany, Denver, Towson.

How about a shout out for the D2 & D3 rankings as well. Plenty of LI girls on these teams as well.

1 Adelphi (19) 3-0 399 1
2 Lock Haven (1) 1-0 369 2
3 Lindenwood 3-0 347 3
4 LeMoyne 3-0 328 7
5 Limestone 6-0 303 5
6 New Haven 2-0 285 6
7 Florida Southern 6-1 279 8
8 LIU-Post 2-1 267 4
9 Mercyhurst 1-1 232 9
10 St. Anslem 1-0 214 10
11 Stonehill 3-0 204 12
12 West Chester 1-0 181 13
13 Rollins 5-2 156 15
14 Queens (N.C.) 4-2 143 11
15 Regis (Colo.) 2-2 80 16
16 Dowling 2-2 70 14
17 Pfeiffer 3-2 55 17
18 Mount Olive 7-2 54 NR
19 Belmont Abbey 4-1 50 NR
20 Indiana (Pa.) 0-1 46 18
Dropped out: No. 19 Seton Hill, No. 20 Bloomsburg.

Also receiving votes: Seton Hill, Bentley, Lenoir-Rhyne, Bloomsburg, Grand Valley State, Assumption.

Franklin & Marshall (6) 4-0 374 4
T1 Gettysburg (4) 2-0 374 3
3 SUNY Cortland (9) 0-0 368 2
4 Tufts 2-0 319 6
5 Bowdoin 3-0 305 12
6 TCNJ 1-0 282 7
7 Amherst 2-1 281 1
8 Trinity (Conn.) 2-1 251 9
9 Middlebury 1-1 247 10
10 Washington & Lee 4-1 195 14
11 Colby 2-1 189 5
12 [lacrosse] 3-1 176 13
13 SUNY Geneseo 0-0 161 11
14 Catholic 2-0 157 15
15 Hamilton 3-0 127 NR
16 Salisbury 1-2 108 8
17 St. John Fisher 1-1 76 17
18 Ithaca 1-1 61 18
19 Williams 1-2 52 16
20 Stevenson 1-3 44 19
Also receiving votes: Dickinson, Mary, St. Mary's (Md.), Mount Union, Denison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree feel like people on these boards want the girls that choose to play home to do poorly. Successful Long Island college play on D1D2 and D3 is great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a very good division III mens lacrosse school that would every year game scrimmage top Division 1 and often beat them or the very least play them even. There are a few DIII mens schools that fit this bill. For example if Salisbury/Cortland/Stevenson/Tufts etc played a 10-20 ranked team they would be able to compete better than a lot of the D1 level teams would

I am curious is the quality of DIII girls lacrosse the same? Could College of NJ, Salisbury, Gettysburg compete with a 10 20 ranked D1 women's team?

What about D2 Adelphi?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a very good division III mens lacrosse school that would every year game scrimmage top Division 1 and often beat them or the very least play them even. There are a few DIII mens schools that fit this bill. For example if Salisbury/Cortland/Stevenson/Tufts etc played a 10-20 ranked team they would be able to compete better than a lot of the D1 level teams would

I am curious is the quality of DIII girls lacrosse the same? Could College of NJ, Salisbury, Gettysburg compete with a 10 20 ranked D1 women's team?

What about D2 Adelphi?

Yes they could. But some Parents of Girls who play in that 10 -20 range will not agree.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be getting ahead of yourself with the disparaging comments. Lets really take a look at what S.B. has done so far.
- A win vs. U.S.C. by 3 (7-4) , A good win over a mediocre team expected to do better, but by no way a dominating win.
-A win vs. Drexel by 4 (8-4) A team with a losing record (1-5) with a lot of tight games, and an Identical loss to Princeton the only other ranked team they played
-A convincing win vs. Villanova (13-6)
-Last nights win over a spiraling N.D.
All at home
There upcoming schedule only has 3 top 20 teams Florida, the Hop,
- 34th toughest schedule
Not exactly a powerhouse, Barely beating mediocre teams with mediocre scores makes you top of the mediocre heap, for now, lets see what happens next before we start calling each other names, and pounding our chest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older daughter played at Adelphi under JS and they would play top D1 teams every fall and show very well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has two losses SB by three and Nortwestern in OT. Nationwide scores have been low scoring due to frigid temperatures . InD1 athletics a win is a win by 1 or 20 An America East state school beating an ACC school w top talent is a great win. I don't think anyone's saying they should be #1 but it is great . I agree the name calling is ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be getting ahead of yourself with the disparaging comments. Lets really take a look at what S.B. has done so far.
- A win vs. U.S.C. by 3 (7-4) , A good win over a mediocre team expected to do better, but by no way a dominating win.
-A win vs. Drexel by 4 (8-4) A team with a losing record (1-5) with a lot of tight games, and an Identical loss to Princeton the only other ranked team they played
All at home
- 34th toughest schedule
Not exactly a powerhouse, Barely beating mediocre teams with mediocre scores makes you top of the mediocre heap, for now, lets see what happens next before we start calling each other names, and pounding our chest.

How about shutting up! Your not that important so go away and get a new hobby. Your SB bashing makes you look like a pathetic idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All at home
- 34th toughest schedule

In D1 sports, there are no moral victories...Your record is what it says it is and you can only beat who you play.

The game would have been more lopsided if JS didn't have the girls stalling close to the restraining line the last 12 minutes. This caused them to allow two fast break goals. ND was soundly beaten on both ends of the field. ND had the edge on their fast breaks. Their settled offense was barely mediocre. Their pressure D got picked apart. SBU goalie, K.O.and T.R. were the stars of the game. The SBU team, as a whole, played a solid all around good game.

Last year the knock on SBU was their weak schedule. They have added some top teams to their schedule this year. Is it their fault the ND is having a bad year?

Nice win girls, go beat Florida and Jacksonville and shut more critics up!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should SB be ranked in the top ten, no,not yet. Are they a program moving in the right direction, yes. Are they a much improved team over when JS took over, absolutely. Can that be said about any other D1 program on Long Island , no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- This is mot a S.B. thread so no i will not go away
2- If it was a S.B. thread I still wouldn't go away
3- You want it both ways, You call me an Idiot because I didn't know N.D. was weak this year, but then tell me that beating "soundly" is a good win. you can't have it both ways.
3- J.S. sets all non-confrence games not the NCAA. I will say USC, and ND looked like good gets when the games came out
4-Florida will be very telling, J-ville not a good game if you wan't to be brag about being one of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should SB be ranked in the top ten, no,not yet. Are they a program moving in the right direction, yes. Are they a much improved team over when JS took over, absolutely. Can that be said about any other D1 program on Long Island , no.

Hofstra is better with Shannon coaching and she is attracting local talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi, Post and Top D3 programs could compete with D1 teams outside the top 20 and drill the teams at the bottom of D1 like LIU Brooklyn, MSM, St Francis, St Bonnie, St Mary, Stetson, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Howard, Del State etc. Just because these girls chose to go D2 or D3 doesn't mean they weren't capable to go big time D1. Don't be a hater. There is a place for everyone just like if you don't think many CLUB players could be on a varsity squad your nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game between SBU and. ND lat night and SBU defense is legit and their goalie played very well. If SBU hopes to have any chance against Florida they will have to play a much smarter game offensively. You can't have your best player shooting from way out without back up ,essentially just turning the ball over. And you better be able to put that stick in your off hand. Top teams like Florida will eat you alive if this continues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3- You want it both ways, You call me an Idiot because I didn't know N.D. was weak this year, but then tell me that beating "soundly" is a good win. you can't have it both ways.
3- J.S. sets all non-confrence games not the NCAA. I will say USC, and ND looked like good gets when the games came out
4-Florida will be very telling, J-ville not a good game if you wan't to be brag about being one of the best.

But can you count to 5??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

What about D2 Adelphi?

Yes they could. But some Parents of Girls who play in that 10 -20 range will not agree.

The top 8 NESCAC schools (Trinity, Amherst, Colby, Bowdoin, Tufts, Bates, Williams and Hamilton), Salisbury, Cortland, Gettysburg, Franklin & Marshal, College of NJ can compete outside the top tier elite D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

Points #3 were equally important so it's a tie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to say ND isn't that good to take credit from SB who in this the 4th year went from being a laughingstock to being a legitimate top 15 team. Truth is ND has lost to all teams in top 20 two in the top 4 . Being non biased this seems like their are different hidden motives as the YJ supporters talk up SB while the Top Gun parents speak up Hofstra or bash SB. Actually pretty funny . Anyway a state school that is pretty much a new program beating a top program in the ACC is and will continue to be a big deal, as it would be if Hofstra had done it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't YJ have a pipeline to feed kids to ND?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame has a good number of LI players and top recruits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to say ND isn't that good to take credit from SB who in this the 4th year went from being a laughingstock to being a legitimate top 15 team. Truth is ND has lost to all teams in top 20 two in the top 4 . Being non biased this seems like their are different hidden motives as the YJ supporters talk up SB while the Top Gun parents speak up Hofstra or bash SB. Actually pretty funny . Anyway a state school that is pretty much a new program beating a top program in the ACC is and will continue to be a big deal, as it would be if Hofstra had done it
Being the guy that started this I will say That I am neither a Y.J. or T.G. parent. You can not call stoney brook a new program when they have been around for 15+ years that is ridicules, you can say they are vastly improved since the hiring of J.S., this should and could prove that ANY team could become dangerous in a very short time span and no team should be dismissed. As far as the Y.J. not having a "pipeline" to N.D. , I must point out that 2015 blue is sending no less than 3 players to that school including the highest touted goalie and the second best offensive threat from that team. My problem with S.B. is that they play relatively easy schedules and brag about being the best, then get "shown the door" in the first or second round of tournament by true top tier teams. Win something besides a relatively easy (for now) America East Conference. How about a sound drubbing of an easy opponent, and not just slipping by with a 8-4 win at home. If you want to be seen as impressive be impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame is not as strong as it has been. They have gotten crushed by Duke and BC. SB beat them handily. Their offense is very limited. Their defense has gotten picked apart. They still have to play tough ACC opponents (UNC, Cuse, Louisville and UVA) plus Ohio State and Northwestern out of conference. Gonna be a long year for the Irish...

I see a coaching change there soon. Can't keep blaming the assistants.

SBU played a solid game. JS stalling caused it to be closer than it really was. Their D is the real deal and they have true playmakers on O. Wanna see how they do against teams that can challenge the D and put ball in the net. (i.e. FL and Northwestern).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Syracuse 14 Florida 13 in OT
BC 16 Louisville 15 in OT

There were some other games played in the last couple of days!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame is not as strong as it has been. They have gotten crushed by Duke and BC. SB beat them handily. Their offense is very limited. Their defense has gotten picked apart. They still have to play tough ACC opponents (UNC, Cuse, Louisville and UVA) plus Ohio State and Northwestern out of conference. Gonna be a long year for the Irish...

I see a coaching change there soon. Can't keep blaming the assistants.

SBU played a solid game. JS stalling caused it to be closer than it really was. Their D is the real deal and they have true playmakers on O. Wanna see how they do against teams that can challenge the D and put ball in the net. (i.e. FL and Northwestern).

If CR can ever sell yj that is where she's headed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you people are funny. A few years ago before JS was hired SB was losing games to Binghamton and Marist now in a relatively short amount of time they are making the NCAA tournament winning games and beating Quality teams while playing a quality schedule. Just like I'm sure SS will do at Hofstra in time. Btw was at the game Tuesday and yes the right thing to do late in a game w a lead is to possess the ball. Every lacrosse team does it these coaches are trying to win. Shooting causes turnovers which can lead to losing your lead and momentum. Many top YJ 2015 players are going to ND on top of the players already there. So yes A NY state school beating a ACC school is fantastic regardless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to Hofstra vs Hopkins Saturday Very similar game to SB ND I like Hofstra in this game to win. Love our locals playing these games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't binghampton be more competitive? Suny tuition, good school, in a hot bed of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Not a parent of a girl in the 10-20 D1 range but... The top D3 teams would get throttled by a 10-20 D1 team. If what you are asking is could they do as well or better than D1 teams 80-100 would do against them, yes they very well could. So the conclusion is the top D3 teams are as good or better than many of the worst D1 teams.

If you think a top D3 team could beat for instance number 12 ranked Louisville who just lost to #3 ranked BC 16-15 in OT, you just don't know women's lax. Same goes for Princeton, Penn, Ohio State etc etc.

I have a daughter at a good NESCAC school. She played club with girls that went D1 to some of the top 20 schools. They were significantly better than her and she plays and they general ride the bench. I think it's just not a realistic statement to say a D3 team would fair well against a top 20 D1 team.

And btw, Fall Ball is not a great measuring stick. So to the person that said Adelphi did well in the fall against some teams, come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Not a parent of a girl in the 10-20 D1 range but... The top D3 teams would get throttled by a 10-20 D1 team. If what you are asking is could they do as well or better than D1 teams 80-100 would do against them, yes they very well could. So the conclusion is the top D3 teams are as good or better than many of the worst D1 teams.

If you think a top D3 team could beat for instance number 12 ranked Louisville who just lost to #3 ranked BC 16-15 in OT, you just don't know women's lax. Same goes for Princeton, Penn, Ohio State etc etc.

I have a daughter at a good NESCAC school. She played club with girls that went D1 to some of the top 20 schools. They were significantly better than her and she plays and they general ride the bench. I think it's just not a realistic statement to say a D3 team would fair well against a top 20 D1 team.

And btw, Fall Ball is not a great measuring stick. So to the person that said Adelphi did well in the fall against some teams, come on.

Adelphi is a top D 2 school not D 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Very aware of that ... thanks. That's why I made the qualification "And to the person ..." What's your betting line on Adelphi vs. Louisville or Adelphi vs Ohio State? Fall ball statement was silly ...

Are the women at Adelphi very good lax players? Yes. Would they beat top 20 D1 teams, sorry, no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't binghampton be more competitive? Suny tuition, good school, in a hot bed of talent.

Binghamton is a very difficult school to get into. The toughest in the SUNY system. Many of the best lax players from LI who could get admitted, choose some other schools with a higher level of lax, a bigger name and bigger price tag. Look at kids going to Ivies, JHU,UND, Georgetown, BC, Nova. Better lax and a better school name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Very aware of that ... thanks. That's why I made the qualification "And to the person ..." What's your betting line on Adelphi vs. Louisville or Adelphi vs Ohio State? Fall ball statement was silly ...

Are the women at Adelphi very good lax players? Yes. Would they beat top 20 D1 teams, sorry, no.

I Think D1 Parents hate to admit that their School could lose to a Top D2 team. That just burst My daughter plays D-1 Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

I Think D1 Parents hate to admit that their School could lose to a Top D2 team. That just burst My daughter plays D-1 Lacrosse.

Maybe, except that the comparison at the top 20 D-1 level is off base. I think you have a stronger argument in the bottom half of D1. I also think you have D2 parents who think their daughter should be playing D1 and have the opposite chip on their shoulder.

Here is a flimsy but real comparison for you. The U19 national team (so high schoolers, albeit the best ones) played both Rollins and Stetson this January. The scores were 17-1 against Rollins and 16-1 against Stetson. So fair to say Rollins equates to Stetson? approximately for arguments sake. Rollins is ranked 13th in D2. Stetson is at the very bottom of D1. There is your overlap. The top 15 or so D2 teams could play D1 day in and day out ... at the bottom of D1. Adelphi being ranked #1 right now, and beating Rollins 15-6, probably could compete more towards the middle of D1, in the 40-75 ranking area. There is, however, a huge leap from there in talent to the top 20.

Arguing Adelphi would be competitive w those teams is like arguing that the Yellow Jackets 2nd team could beat Blue. It is not really close, day in and day out. You should be proud of your daughter for accomplishing great goals by playing lax at a high level, going to college, and being a good person. It isn't the end all be all being at a top 20 D1 lax program. But lets not pretend they are not better teams. That just sounds like sour grapes when theree is no reason to feel that way.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard