BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people are so clueless, if your kid is not getting playing time it is because the coach does not think she will help them win more then the kid who is playing .It is rare to meet the parent who has a realistic view of their kids ability and most parents are clueless, maybe your kid just is not as good as you think.
You are the one that is clueless. I know for a fact in Sachem East there are 2 goalies, the goalie getting most of the playing time is a "friend of a friend", and not nearly as good as the other. You need proof, look at the game against W.I. , they gave her 4 stops for that game , but in truth if she had 1 , she was lucky, Need more proof look at the 8th grader they have playing, daughter of a principle in the district, She's reckless, dangerous, and immature. She runs up the field without even looking to pass and takes poor, low percentage shots,or runs into double teams and loses possession . Not to mention a poor defender. Far to small and under developed to be running mid-field on a varsity team. Especially when there are older better developed players on the bench. East went up 4 goals early, but as soon as this player showed up, it became a consistent man down on the D end and W.I . took advantage

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leave the kid alone. Go handle situation OR shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am amazed at the amount of time spent on these boards talking about Carol Rose. Doesn't matter what board it is, she seems to come up. I think too many people are obsessed with this lady. Enough already. I am a parent of a girl who doesn't play for yellow jackets and doesn't play for Northport. She is very happy with where she is, and so are we. My advise to those who don't like Carol Rose. Please stop complaining about her. Go out and cheer on your daughters and the other girls on the field. If you're happy not playing for her, which most people who have something to say about her state, then stop paying so much attention to her.

That is very easy for you to say. Is your daughter's HS coach also a YJ coach? If not you don't know what we are dealing with. Most of us are afraid to say anything about the politics because our kids would be blackballed.

You're correct. It is easy for me to say. Obviously your daughter is caught in a tough situation. I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm sure that most of the people that are on here complaining are not in the same horrible situation you are. I apologize if I lumped everyone together. Good Luck.

Maybe it is not the fact that you have a yj coach at your school- which school is it? Maybe your daughter is not as good as you think

My daughter has been on varsity since 9th grade. She has started since 10th grade. She is committed to a D1 program. The politics are the issue. Not my kid or her ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the mother of a JV boy in Northport and YES Carol Rose is all that and I can say that from a parent's prospective with Carol Rose being my son's gym teacher. She is encouraging, kind and all of the other adjectives that go along with a spectacular teacher. If you have an opportunity to be with her, it will only be to your delight.

That's great for you and your son. A very simple student / teacher relationship that seems straight forward and positive, and you get to see her at her best, far, far removed from the politics of what many people on these threads are venting about. But think about her position as a director of a club and a coach of a school team. She has impacted thousands of parents and players over the years, for the better and for the worse. Many people, like yourself, sing nothing but praises of her, that's great and consider yourself lucky. Many other people can tell you horror stories of dealings with her, consider them unlucky. Like the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story, just because your sons dealings with her in a gym class is all happy puppies, butterflies and roses, this does not translate into the same experience for everybody else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the mother of a JV boy in Northport and YES Carol Rose is all that and I can say that from a parent's prospective with Carol Rose being my son's gym teacher. She is encouraging, kind and all of the other adjectives that go along with a spectacular teacher. If you have an opportunity to be with her, it will only be to your delight.

That's great for you and your son. A very simple student / teacher relationship that seems straight forward and positive, and you get to see her at her best, far, far removed from the politics of what many people on these threads are venting about. But think about her position as a director of a club and a coach of a school team. She has impacted thousands of parents and players over the years, for the better and for the worse. Many people, like yourself, sing nothing but praises of her, that's great and consider yourself lucky. Many other people can tell you horror stories of dealings with her, consider them unlucky. Like the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story, just because your sons dealings with her in a gym class is all happy puppies, butterflies and roses, this does not translate into the same experience for everybody else.

All I read here are accusations as to how horrible she is.... Not a single person has ever stated anything bad that she has done. All I ever see is how successful she is, how successful her players are and how much she has put into girls lacrosse. This coach is well respected and highly regarded across the country. Not to mention how much money she gives back and how many community sponsored fundraisers she is involved in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only horror story is she must have cut your kid!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I read here are accusations as to how horrible she is.... Not a single person has ever stated anything bad that she has done. All I ever see is how successful she is, how successful her players are and how much she has put into girls lacrosse. This coach is well respected and highly regarded across the country. Not to mention how much money she gives back and how many community sponsored fundraisers she is involved in.
Now your the one with rose colored glasses , I have posted , along with others how she has treated new players, girls that don't play for her, and other teams directors and players. that is what makes you a flunky. you refuse to admit that though she might do good by you, She treats others unfairly, and I refuse to believe that because Carol rose tells some girl that she cant play on her blue team that make that girl a dad player, or not as good as blue players,like the rest of the flunkies sayEven Carol can let a good one slip through. Or maybe some really good players don't want to play for her. She is not as good a coach as everyone says she is , If you spend enough time coaching you'll get a lot of wins. So she has spent at least 15 years at Northport and has X amount of wins . It only took her entire tenure as head lacrosse coach to win states last year. so I guess you have another 15 years or so till the next one while Farmingdale does for the next few years. As far as the Jackets go, they win because Garden City is real good, not because of Carol Rose. So I again plead to Garden City start your own club, Carol Rose is using your girls, there going to top colleges because of Garden City, not Carol Rose or the Yellow Jackets

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hope this was not written by an adult. Nice job calling out an eighth grader who plays the best she can and as hard as she can and has nothing to do with politics.The fact that you blame this kid for your loss to WI just shows how completely clueless you are.The fact that you do this anonymously about one of you or your child's teammates shows what a coward you are. It seems to me you are probably just insanely jealous of this kid and her big sister that you feel the need to lash out at them to make you feel better about yourself or your daughter and her lack of playing time and ability.Anyone interested can watch the game as it was on tv and will see the true reason WI won on that day,they were better then you guys. You may want to go thank that 8 th graders big sister because without her that game is not even competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAN WE RETURN THIS THREAD TO ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THE GIRLS AND THEIR TEAMS AND LEAVE THE PERSONAL S&*T OUT OF IT...SECTION 11 GIRLS LACROSSE HAS SOME GREAT THINGS TO TALK ABOUT.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It only took her entire tenure as head lacrosse coach to win states last year.
Brutally unfair to assess coaching ability based on winning the States tournament. Bob Hartranft at Farmingdale won his first title with the boys last year after 43 years at the helm. Getting to the High School coaching pinnacle even once is a lifetime achievement whether with the Northport Girls or Farmingdale Boys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
CAN WE RETURN THIS THREAD TO ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THE GIRLS AND THEIR TEAMS AND LEAVE THE PERSONAL S&*T OUT OF IT...SECTION 11 GIRLS LACROSSE HAS SOME GREAT THINGS TO TALK ABOUT.
Agreed - this thread has dissected the Northport 22-8 game with all the comparisons to other Varsity games, club games, college results, and coaching issues. Getting back on track, this thread is returning to the High School games and their results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
I hope this was not written by an adult. Nice job calling out an eighth grader who plays the best she can and as hard as she can and has nothing to do with politics.The fact that you blame this kid for your loss to WI just shows how completely clueless you are.The fact that you do this anonymously about one of you or your child's teammates shows what a coward you are. It seems to me you are probably just insanely jealous of this kid and her big sister that you feel the need to lash out at them to make you feel better about yourself or your daughter and her lack of playing time and ability.Anyone interested can watch the game as it was on tv and will see the true reason WI won on that day,they were better then you guys. You may want to go thank that 8 th graders big sister because without her that game is not even competitive.
Nothing to do with politics? The only reason she's on varsity is because of her last name. Thats all politics.I never said anything about her sister or her abilities. I will be the first to say she is very good, but you saw that game you know the younger sister doesn't belong on varsity yet. Don't blame me I didn't put her there. Sorry, if you put her out there to get the accolades, then you risk the scorn. There are freshman on J.V. that deserve that spot. you stole it so don't cry now

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Once again showing you are clueless ,I do not know the kid and have nothing to do with her being moved up but my guess is you were to gutless to deal to your coach about it.To be honest your team is doing better then most expected so your coach must know what she is doing.The jealousy is too obvious ,let it go the 8 th grade kid plays where she is told to play if you think her parents are the reason then complain to your AD or superintendent .Calling out an 8th grader on line is not the right thing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now your the one with rose colored glasses , I have posted , along with others how she has treated new players, girls that don't play for her, and other teams directors and players. that is what makes you a flunky. you refuse to admit that though she might do good by you, She treats others unfairly, and I refuse to believe that because Carol rose tells some girl that she cant play on her blue team that make that girl a dad player, or not as good as blue players,like the rest of the flunkies sayEven Carol can let a good one slip through. Or maybe some really good players don't want to play for her. She is not as good a coach as everyone says she is , If you spend enough time coaching you'll get a lot of wins. So she has spent at least 15 years at Northport and has X amount of wins . It only took her entire tenure as head lacrosse coach to win states last year. so I guess you have another 15 years or so till the next one while Farmingdale does for the next few years. As far as the Jackets go, they win because Garden City is real good, not because of Carol Rose. So I again plead to Garden City start your own club, Carol Rose is using your girls, there going to top colleges because of Garden City, not Carol Rose or the Yellow Jackets

You still have not said anything other than coach rose treats players bad and doesn't put them on her blue team. You are obviously disgruntled about something . Not everyone can be on the blue team. That is part of life - you make some teams and some you don't. Why are you trying to trash her reputation? Are you a coach with 300 wins? I doubt if. My daughter is on the blue team and not from garden city or northwest. My daughter is a great player because if coach rose. Post some facts and then maybe we will out some belief into your accusations. Until you post some facts I regard your posts as pure propaganda in trying to belittle coach rose. No one needs rose colored glasses to see through your garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be kidding me? Go back to The Yellow Jacket thread and look at past posts. Plenty of people have stated specific examples of Carol Rose's antics, not to mention the blatant threat to this very site. If you just joined us you need to catch up, and if your just a flunky then your too brainwashed to accept the truth. Nobody needs glasses of any sort to see how transparent the Jackets are. Pay and your in. Pay a lot and your on Blue "A". No one ever said only Garden City girls are good, I'm sure your daughter is O.K. Take the G.C. girls from any Y.J. team and there average at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about the personal beef you two have. Stop wasting electricity by filling up this thread. I thought these silly posts would be filtered.
NOW...any scores?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, April 11th Results

Oceanside over Mineola, 13-6
Harborfields over Deer Park, 19-9
Locust Valley over Long Beach, 12-9
Miller Place over Center Moriches, 19-2 (13-0 Halftime)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Bayport-Blue Point today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
Once again showing you are clueless ,I do not know the kid and have nothing to do with her being moved up but my guess is you were to gutless to deal to your coach about it.To be honest your team is doing better then most expected so your coach must know what she is doing.The jealousy is too obvious ,let it go the 8 th grade kid plays where she is told to play if you think her parents are the reason then complain to your AD or superintendent .Calling out an 8th grader on line is not the right thing to do.
You telling me to go to the A.D. , and the Superintendent of a school, tell them that one of there principles is using there influence to elevate one of there children over other children. What do you think these people are going to do? Say I'm sorry Mr. & Mrs So and So, your correct, that principal is abusing there power and we'll correct this situation directly. No, I'll tell you what there going to say, "we'll check with the coach, (that doesn't want to rock the boat) and then blow smoke up your butt, and use there political power to bury the fact that there corrupt. So in response to me calling out an 8th grader I'll say this. I didn't use anyone to get ahead, I didn't step on anyone to get ahead, I didn't bully anyone to get ahead. Sachem did. IF they want to rob my daughter so one of there own can get ahead, then I'm going to use this forum to expose them if I can. Like B.O.T.C. says I have the freedom to tell my story. If you think I'm picking on an 8th grader your wrong . I'm picking on Sachem, and there picking on a bunch of 9th& 10th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, Now that you have exposed Sachem and C.T. whats next....nothing. You are attempting to be covert but I guess we all knew already. You should certainly leave the kids out of it however. Put on the big girl undies and handle it like an adult-between adults and go to the school. Enough on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be kidding me? Go back to The Yellow Jacket thread and look at past posts. Plenty of people have stated specific examples of Carol Rose's antics, not to mention the blatant threat to this very site. If you just joined us you need to catch up, and if your just a flunky then your too brainwashed to accept the truth. Nobody needs glasses of any sort to see how transparent the Jackets are. Pay and your in. Pay a lot and your on Blue "A". No one ever said only Garden City girls are good, I'm sure your daughter is O.K. Take the G.C. girls from any Y.J. team and there average at best.

Not the 2015 blue (real blue) team. Not the 2014 blue (real blue) team either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if i agree to let it go - this thread is to expose these things. As for saying they are doing better than expected... So. If I am reading this right the parent thinks they would be doing even better with another player.

Are you once again teaching your daughter to be complacent, be satisfied, so what, your not playing your best your still winning??? Not a good lesson, because next is why try, followed by my best isnt good enough.

Never be satisfied until you have done all you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree this is a forum to do this.

What is good for one (by playing an 8th grader) is not good for the other (older player) who may derseve it more.

Be real, that is what this forum is used for to expose these things because you cant go to the schools/admins/coaches.

Blow it open here, Blaze the trail anonymously, so it doesnt happen in years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if i agree to let it go - this thread is to expose these things. As for saying they are doing better than expected... So. If I am reading this right the parent thinks they would be doing even better with another player.

Are you once again teaching your daughter to be complacent, be satisfied, so what, your not playing your best your still winning??? Not a good lesson, because next is why try, followed by my best isnt good enough.

All it takes is All you got!! Pretty sure no successful athlete walks around saying as little as possible is the best for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you teaching your daughter that you are unwilling to stand up for her and fight .Stop being a coward and do the right thing instead of whining anonymously on this site.Go to the next board meeting step out of the shadows and stand up for your daughter unless deep down inside you realize the coach is actually picking the kids based on talent. If that's the case stop whining.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, April 11th Results

Oceanside over Mineola, 13-6
Harborfields over Deer Park, 19-9
Locust Valley over Long Beach, 12-9
Miller Place over Center Moriches, 19-2 (13-0 Halftime)

Additional Results

St. Dominic over Sewanhaka, 22-15
Baldwin over Our Lady of Mercy, 18-12
Babylon over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 18-7
Shoreham-Wading River over Bayport-Blue Point, 9-4
Sayville edges Rocky Point, 11-10
Hauppauge over Westhampton, 16-7
Comsewogue triples Bellport, 24-8
Huntington edges Islip, 12-11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding. 2015blue is the biggest case. Dad coaches, kid plays and CRDieznt care about any other kid at this age. As long as blue wins she is happy. Oh nd it's not cause my kid didn't make it. My kid isn't as good as the girls on blue but does that mean she isn't worth CRs time ans effort?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Bayport-Blue Point today?

Lost 9-4 to SWR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like she already went to the school and they did nothing . so what els can she do but expose it to the public

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant believe your saying East is "doing better than expected" do you mean you expected them to lose to 4 of the worst teams in suffolk, they have played nobody except W.I. who they lost too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding. 2015blue is the biggest case. Dad coaches, kid plays and CRDieznt care about any other kid at this age. As long as blue wins she is happy. Oh nd it's not cause my kid didn't make it. My kid isn't as good as the girls on blue but does that mean she isn't worth CRs time ans effort?

What makes you think that coach rose does not care about any other teams except for the blue. Have you looked at the 2013 verbal list ? My daughter was a gold player her first year and worked her butt off because she wanted to be on the blue team . She puts in a lot of time and effort and it has paid off. As for the 2015 come on you know who is really coaching that team. That team has been undefeated for over 100 games and that is all pm not the dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you even comment about how she feels. You are again so jealous of her. Hope your loosing much sleep conjuring up all the nasty lies you can make up to attack her. Who cares who coaches that team it's optional to be a part of any of the teams. People are part of it because they WANT to be. I know it bothers you but your lies, nasty comments and attacks are not hurting the YJ program in the least. The kids are PROUD to be part of a special program and you can't do anything about it and it's driving you INSANE!! Stop bashing 8th graders too because that kid is awesome!!

This thread for HS lax sucks and has turned into the same CRAP as the YJ site.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any additional posts discussing club lacrosse exclusively will be deleted. If you want to discuss a particular club program, use the appropriate threads here on the BOTC Main Forum. This thread should be used to discuss High School programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. HS Section 11 lax should focus on just that. This forum should not be for personal issues with your individual district because frankly unless you live in that district...WHO CARES!! Go to your board meeting and unload there. Maybe something will be done. I know I cant do anything about it sitting here in my basement in my drawers (sorry for the visual).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is good for one (by playing an 8th grader) is not good for the other (older player) who may derseve it more.

Be real, that is what this forum is used for to expose these things because you cant go to the schools/admins/coaches.

Blow it open here, Blaze the trail anonymously, so it doesnt happen in years to come.

Bottom line is if a kid does not deserve to be on Varsity, she should not be on Varsity because you are hurting the kid who belongs there. How can anyone argue this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is if a kid does not deserve to be on Varsity, she should not be on Varsity because you are hurting the kid who belongs there. How can anyone argue this?
everyone can judge for themselves, watch sachem east vs. west islip

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Rerference
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is arguing that but maybe the 8th grader deserves to be on varsity more then moms little 9th grader. Maybe the 8th grader is better, maybe she works harder,maybe she plays year round, maybe she is just more gifted athletically.It always seems when a child excels at something there are always the people who cannot stand that some kid is excelling faster then there own child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling out a 14 y/o girl and giving her team and jersey # is disgusting regardless of the situation. She is a child and whoever posted it should get theirs. Really now...how about you handle it like an adult. ALSO...BOTC should not allow those posts with detailed info about a child to be posted...just saying.

Would you like someone giving out your address or place of business? Maybe we would feel you don't deserve to live in your neighborhood or maybe we would critique your work performance and publicly post your faults and demand your dismissal. Probably wouldn't appreciate that is my guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre Season Coaches Poll-
Conference 1A
1. Farmingdale
2. Massapequa
3. Port Washington
4. Baldwin
5. Syosset
6. MacArthur
7. East Meadow
8. Oceanside
9. Hicksville
10. Plainview/Old Bethpage

Conference 2B
1. Garden City
2. Manhasset
3. Wantagh
4. Plainedge
5. Division
6. Southside
7. Long Beach
8. Lynbrook
9. Calhoun
10. Hewlett

Conference 3B
1. Floral Park
2. Bethpage
3. New Hyde Park
4. Roslyn
5. Glen Cove
6. Sewanahaka
7. Carey
8. Bellmore JFK
9. Herricks
10. Mepham
11. Jericho
12. Great Neck North
13. Great Neck South

Conference 4C
1. North Shore
2. Cold Spring Harbor
3. Locust Valley
4. Seaford
5. Friends Academy
6. Island Trees
7. Mineola
8. Carle Place
9. Clarke
10. Wheatly

Anyone care to comment on some surprises and some that might be have a harder time than expected at this point in the season?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Calling out a 14 y/o girl and giving her team and jersey # is disgusting regardless of the situation. She is a child and whoever posted it should get theirs. Really now...how about you handle it like an adult. ALSO...BOTC should not allow those posts with detailed info about a child to be posted...just saying.
BOTC felt that the jersey reference was sufficiently obscure (where could you look up the details) that the player was not identified. Apparently, those close to the discussion felt that too much information was being divulged. Hence, we have decided to remove the jersey reference.

Again, it is perfectly valid for an eighth grader to play High School Varsity sports if chosen by the coach and the player can pass the fairly rigorous physical requirements test. The discussion as to fielding the most competitive team versus having an automatic place on the Varsity team based on your class (senior, junior, and so forth) is a matter of district policy. For those who do not know, these policies absolutely vary between districts within the same county - and occasionally between sports within the same districts.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard