BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Girls 2018 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beside the big 2, who are some of the other LI girls clubs that have a competitive 2018 girls team. I made this specific to 2018 and we are looking for 2018 teams that might fly under the radar and clubs where the parents and girls don't want to subscribe to the CR or SS drama. This does not give free reign to bash any teams but it is more of a way to find alternative options for that year. If a team has some talent but is not deep, say it, but don't say the team stinks.
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard some good things about team elevate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

yj is one and elevate is number two on long island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate does have three teams in 2018 but they are not better than TG for 2018. They are probably third.
For smaller clubs, Beach Bums and Title 9 have some talent but both clubs play some away tournaments and some LI tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate does have three teams in 2018 but they are not better than TG for 2018. They are probably third.
For smaller clubs, Beach Bums and Title 9 have some talent but both clubs play some away tournaments and some LI tournaments.

Watched both clubs play last summer. I would take Elevate Blue over TG Black and Elevate Red over TG White and Purple. TG has lost players to YJ and Elevate over the last couple of years and are on their way down. Elevate is moving up. Hopefully they will play this summer but I would go with this if I were looking. I think the other 2018s on LI fall down very fast after these teams and wouldnt be in this category at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry But If You think Elevate is better than TG black at any age group other than possibly 2017 you haven't been watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry But If You think Elevate is better than TG black at any age group other than possibly 2017 you haven't been watching

TG 2021 lost to elevate at national draw last year and elevate was much better, so is 2017 for sure and others. Sounds like you haven't been watching. TG is not what it was. The only TG team better than elevate is 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the top Elevate 2018 team has never beaten the TG 2018 Black...so until something changes (like they play this summer) TG 2018 Black will be considered better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry don't pay attention to travel below middle school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Elevate nice team know a lot of girls on it, not even close to 16 black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the top Elevate 2018 team has never beaten the TG 2018 Black...so until something changes (like they play this summer) TG 2018 Black will be considered better.

Why? You can use same logic and say until they play elevate will be considered better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? You can use same logic and say until they play elevate will be considered better.

Stop all the non-sense. No reason to debate this crap. The only people this matters to is the parents. Kids don;t care and college coaches don't care. Put your egos aside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By saying not beaten...I meant TG 2018 Black has beaten them at least 3 times in the past...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By saying not beaten...I meant TG 2018 Black has beaten them at least 3 times in the past...

The last time they played was Fall 2013 in TGs tournament....a joke. Yes TG won when all they did the second half was go straight to goal by one player. Elevate's team is better, stronger, faster and has picked up many strong acquisitions since that time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last time they played was Fall 2013 in TGs tournament....a joke. Yes TG won when all they did the second half was go straight to goal by one player. Elevate's team is better, stronger, faster and has picked up many strong acquisitions since that time.

elevate has lost players at every age group, that's why they no longer post rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

elevate has lost players at every age group, that's why they no longer post rosters

Maybe they don't post the rosters so internet trolls like you who like to stalk young girls don;t have access to them. Just a thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevato is in the same caliber as beach bums and wave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you should say that as Elevate played both those teams last summer. The Elevate Red team crushed Beach Bums at a tournament in NJ and the Elevate Blue team beat the Wave so bad in a tournament in MA the refs had to invoke the mercy rule. The Wave was down so many goals, they played PAL rules where the Wave would start with the ball after the goal so there was no draw. Those teams are not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you should say that as Elevate played both those teams last summer. The Elevate Red team crushed Beach Bums at a tournament in NJ and the Elevate Blue team beat the Wave so bad in a tournament in MA the refs had to invoke the mercy rule. The Wave was down so many goals, they played PAL rules where the Wave would start with the ball after the goal so there was no draw. Those teams are not even close.

I'm going to keep writing this - do not get into this with these internet trolls. As soon as I saw the original post I said to myself - here we go - this is going to turn into a mess.

Let the girls play and parents - stop living through your daughter's summer travel team. So many of you parents don;t get what this should be about - you are in it for the wrong reasons. Leave the girls alone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups.

I agree, seeing what is out there and what is going on in the younger grades Elevate may be the better of the teams. Elevate and Legacy are up and coming teams. Elevate has been around longer so they will be better quicker. Beach Bums is on the down trotted side of things happened after the merge with Rip Curls. Wave has a great philosophy and some good coaching. They could also be a great options for those younger years. YJ and TG will still attract players no saying where they will be going forward there may just be more parity and options on the Island for girls lax.

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry don't pay attention to travel below middle school

I realize this is a troll post because you can't be that ignorant to say that 2018 is below ms. That said, 2018 is interesting because the girls will be going into 10th grade this fall so this summers tournaments are (or should be)the first exposure to recruiting. Unless you are on the top club (maybe the top 2 for YJ) of YJ TG or Elevate, I think you would be better off being on a smaller club with talent. My daughters club has one team in each age bracket and they did not take girls from tryouts just for the sake of money. I'm sure these girls found a home on one of the other clubs bottom teams but that doesn't matter to me. My daughter is happy on the team and the team has talent and a roster of less than 20 so that all the girls will see good minutes and the coach promotes teamwork and conditioning; traits, along with skills, that college coaches are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups. [/quote]

I agree, seeing what is out there and what is going on in the younger grades Elevate may be the better of the teams. Elevate and Legacy are up and coming teams. Elevate has been around longer so they will be better quicker. Beach Bums is on the down trotted side of things happened after the merge with Rip Curls. Wave has a great philosophy and some good coaching. They could also be a great options for those younger years. YJ and TG will still attract players no saying where they will be going forward there may just be more parity and options on the Island for girls lax.

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble. [/quote]

Legacy? DO they even have a girls program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble. [/quote]

Legacy? DO they even have a girls program?[/quote]
I will answer you in the event you are not a troll.
It's not listed above under girls clubs but they did start a girls program. If you go to the legacy site it shows the girls program. They have teams in the younger age groups.

Please no one answer who started the club because we will then know it was a troll post and it has nothing to do with the Girls 2018 topic.

User
User

There are several contributors to this discussion with none responding to their own posts.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

There are several contributors to this discussion with none responding to their own posts.

none of the players going to elevate (or legacy for that matter)from yj and tg are from the top teams, they are from 3-5 teams - I know a few of them. and as an aside, elevate parents may have already surpassed yj as the most obnoxious group of people to watch a game with - discuss...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as I know no girls from TG 2018 Black left for Elevate. The big exodus from TG Black was 2 years ago (at least that is what a post a while ago said) when 5 girls left TG 2018 Black altogether with 4 going to YJ (two to their top team and two to the second team) That coincided with SS starting to get heavily involved with Hofstra and there being no continuity with who was coaching the team from tournament to tournament.
IMHO, the Elevate top team is nowhere as good as the TG Black team and the YJ CR team is better than both and the gap between Elevate and TG is larger than the gap between TG and YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

none of the players going to elevate (or legacy for that matter)from yj and tg are from the top teams, they are from 3-5 teams - I know a few of them. and as an aside, elevate parents may have already surpassed yj as the most obnoxious group of people to watch a game with - discuss...

Elevate Parents - please do not post anything in return back to these "people." They have no good intentions and are just looking to start drama. Leave them alone and let them keep trashing and posting. We don;t need this - they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any LI 2018 team ever beaten either skywalkers blue or M&D black ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baeten them, never heard of them. Can't beat teams that don't go to the premier tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baeten them, never heard of them. Can't beat teams that don't go to the premier tournaments.
Only two of the top if not the top teams in the country. Maybe you are not going to the premier tournaments b/c I can assure you these two teams are at the best tournaments and often winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must mistakenly think you are on a boys 2018 thread, either that or you have no clue whatsoever. No doubt both these teams are 2 of top 5 in country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best girls clubs are 91, wave, beach bums and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best girls clubs are 91, wave, beach bums and fl$

Obviously a joke - as this is the bottom of the barrel especially 91 and fl$ but that would be a competitive tournament filled with uncompetitive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Blue has beaten both Skywalkers and M & D Black. ALWAYS a great game to watch!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Blue has beaten both Skywalkers and M & D Black. ALWAYS a great game to watch!!

All those three teams have won and lost to the other two, and are the only teams they have given up losses to. Skywalkers has the upper hand on recent wins and seems to be the top team in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

Elevate Parents - please do not post anything in return back to these "people." They have no good intentions and are just looking to start drama. Leave them alone and let them keep trashing and posting. We don;t need this - they do.
[/quote

Good idea stop posting on every thread but your own - oh thats right elevate is irrelevant and has no thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

[/quote

Good idea stop posting on every thread but your own - oh thats right elevate is irrelevant and has no thread

I have been reading these boards since the get go, must be about 6 years the best I can figure. But I am pretty sure either boardlord or cagesage once upon a time had a elevate thread. Beach bums Liberty and a few others as well. Like many threads, they didn't generate much traffic and slipped away. Seems to be the club has come on strong of late, at or around the strength of TG. Maybe its time to try the thread again as there seems to be a large number of elevate people/parents spending time on the TG/YJ threads.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard