BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You wanna see who the real talent is. Watch the rising sophmores game between Nassau and Suffolk at the end of the school year.There you will see the real talent of 2018.No politics,just pure talent.

Heck, why not just go watch 91Extreme vs LI Express Team 1.

Please! Take it down a notch. So many other kids out there just as good as the best on those teams....

SO many kids in suffolk and nassau as good as those kids? Really? How many is so many...

5 or 6 kids on most other A teams just as good as ,and better than back end of either of those rosters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wanna see who the real talent is. Watch the rising sophmores game between Nassau and Suffolk at the end of the school year.There you will see the real talent of 2018.No politics,just pure talent.

Did you just say no politics? That is the funniest thing I ever heard.

Last year a player I know didn't try out for the suffolk team because he is committed to a D1 school and wanted to let another player get the exposure. He was called at his house and told that he is on the team and is starting at attack so make sure he attends the game.

Another player I know last year didn't make it to the second round in Nassau but then somehow was on the team and started in goal after a few phone calls were made.

Just 2 examples that I know personally to be 100% fact! These examples were from 2 different graduating years and counties showing that the politics run through the entire event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

Please! Take it down a notch. So many other kids out there just as good as the best on those teams....

SO many kids in suffolk and nassau as good as those kids? Really? How many is so many...

5 or 6 kids on most other A teams just as good as ,and better than back end of either of those rosters.

What A teams are you talking about here on LI? If you said crabs and dukes...I would agree. So before I comment, share all those A teams with 5 or 6 kids better than the "back end" extreme and terps. Just silly...Maybe you are thinking 1 or 2...

Did your son get cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When does this game take place?? I have younger sons and would like to bring them to see this.

Is this published somewhere or should I look at my local HS lax schedule to see when it is taking place?

it is a great game to watch very impressed at the day. rising soph rising Jr game is well attending by many impressive college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

What A teams are you talking about here on LI? If you said crabs and dukes...I would agree. So before I comment, share all those A teams with 5 or 6 kids better than the "back end" extreme and terps. Just silly...Maybe you are thinking 1 or 2...

Did your son get cut?

Rising sophomore game against a Terps v. Extreme game IMHO you would have a lot more D1 - early commit type talent in the Terps v. Extreme game - mostly because the rising game will not have the private school kids in it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

This 'who is the best team' and 'who are the best 2018 players' thread has been going in circles for years. It's funny/sad to see the same old arguments drummed up every time someone compliments either team or the talent level of the players. Xtreme has lost something like three games in three years, has literally beaten every good 2018 team in the country, and people still want to debate whether or not they have many of the best players. Has Express lost a game to any LI team other than Xtreme in the last couple of years?

The point of this is that whether you like it or not, whether tryouts are fair or not, whether there are politics involved or not, whether winning matters or not, those two teams have set the standard for years on LI for the 2018s. Those teams pick up four or five of those other really talented players on the Island every year to get better and to compete off-Island. Watching them play - which should happen more often - is a great way to see many of the best 2018 players in our area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

Did your son get cut?

I agree that both Extreme and Terps are great teams. To think that they are comprised of only the best players on Long Island is a bit much. A lot has changed in the overall player talent pool on LI since these teams have been formed. Both teams have made changes by addition and by subtraction. There even has been movement between the two. Overall both these teams have core players that have been on the team since their inception and very few of these players have been displaced regardless of their overall development or lack there of. Lets face it both teams have favor players. What about those players that barely sniff the field in a tight game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

Did your son get cut?

Now you're trying to say the back end end of Terps or Extreme teams are on par with the top kids on Dukes and Crabs??? Come on, now you have lost any and all credibility. Let's just end this now. Good luck to your son, relax. His day will come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

This 'who is the best team' and 'who are the best 2018 players' thread has been going in circles for years. It's funny/sad to see the same old arguments drummed up every time someone compliments either team or the talent level of the players. Xtreme has lost something like three games in three years, has literally beaten every good 2018 team in the country, and people still want to debate whether or not they have many of the best players. Has Express lost a game to any LI team other than Xtreme in the last couple of years?

The point of this is that whether you like it or not, whether tryouts are fair or not, whether there are politics involved or not, whether winning matters or not, those two teams have set the standard for years on LI for the 2018s. Those teams pick up four or five of those other really talented players on the Island every year to get better and to compete off-Island. Watching them play - which should happen more often - is a great way to see many of the best 2018 players in our area.

Very valid points but when certain parents come on here and run their mouths about how every player on both these teams are the best Long Island players it gets old. I think the are definitely the best teams but not solely compromised of the best players from top to bottom of the roster. All the kids know who the best are its the parents who have a hard time accepting it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a great idea. A new event.

It will be called Top 1,000. The cost to attend - $1,000

My tag line: Top 1000...Feel Like a Million Bucks

This will rival that high priced and glorified tryout held annually in Florida.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

Did your son get cut?

If you think the top 3 kids on Outlaws, fl$, Jesters and Tribe etc are not as good as the 22 through 25 kids on Terps and Extreme, you are crazy. They change those spots yearly and take off these other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not as good as 22-25- what- try not as good as maybe top 5. Some might be better-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not as good as 22-25- what- try not as good as maybe top 5. Some might be better-

not a chance. if those teams had 5 top players, they would be a top team. Last time i heard about any of those teams, they were fighting an insecurity complex on this site.

It is not the end of the world if your kid doesnt play d-1...move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend have drank way to much of that Kool Aide. Again great teams but there are players on those teams that are not the best on LI. I give it to you they each have 10 to 15 studs that are incredible. Then there is the drop off you know the ones that are favors or legacy kids. The players that were good 3 to 4 years ago but either haven't improved, grown, or grown too much in the wrong direction. Also cant forget the helmet buyers, the dinner buyers, the lawn mowers, the money managers and the back room deal makers. These are the kids that will never see time in a tight game vs a great team. Only come in during blowouts.

Do all the parents think because their kid is on one of these teams that they are going D1. Lol. There are a handful that already have signed yes. Many of the secondary players get exposed when they are at individual showcases. They cant be hidden on lines with the better players. The systems at individual showcases don't work for them because they get exposed. Teams great, but every player the best on LI, no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not a chance. if those teams had 5 top players, they would be a top team. Last time i heard about any of those teams, they were fighting an insecurity complex on this site.

Sound advise, now go repeat it over and over in your own head. If history is any indictor, approximately 125-150 boys in this grade will go D1 from LI. Which means more of those D1 recruit kids will come from teams other than Terps or 91... and from what I see, not every kid currently on Terps or 91 is destine to go D1. Do your homework before you come on here and run your mouth. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound advise, now go repeat it over and over in your own head. If history is any indictor, approximately 125-150 boys in this grade will go D1 from LI. Which means more of those D1 recruit kids will come from teams other than Terps or 91... and from what I see, not every kid currently on Terps or 91 is destine to go D1. Do your homework before you come on here and run your mouth. Good luck to your son.

Sound like you are insecure, but i will stay away from the running your mouth comment. Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for all the boys. I hope they all get to do/play, whatever, wherever, they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those two teams (still a team sport as i understand it) are the best on LI. Ca we all agree with that? I would also say that extreme, just a little bit better...

In terms of individuals, sure there are kids that haven't even picked up a stick yet that will be studs.

Also, there are kids on li teams other than terps and extreme that are very strong players. Not sure many of them would crack starting line up, but can certainly play at high level.

In terms of overall talent, as a poster already mentioned, watching these two teams play give about the highest level of talent on li given the public/private mix.

to say otherwise is just foolish..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you need to take your own advice. Its not the end of the world if your son doesn't play D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is true the top 25 on extreme should already verbal to a collage.
there are about min 60 kids with verbal from 2018 not all are playing 91 extreme. oh by the way they have lost more than 2-3 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound like you are insecure, but i will stay away from the running your mouth comment. Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for all the boys. I hope they all get to do/play, whatever, wherever, they want.

I'm not sure how the presentation of the facts translates into insecurity? Perhaps you are uncomfortable hearing them. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure how the presentation of the facts translates into insecurity? Perhaps you are uncomfortable hearing them. Good luck.

Mine already committed, good luck to yours. as far as the others, most are talking seriously to coaches... best of luck to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine already committed, good luck to yours. as far as the others, most are talking seriously to coaches... best of luck to you.

Your kids supposedly committed, and you're on here bad mouthing kids on other teams? Wow, you should be committed! I'm out, can't take another second of this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me??? Outlaws, JESTERS!! LMFAO!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, tons of talent on those teams...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put down the 23rd Schlitz at 3:30am, degenerate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea? What team your kid play on? Because those teams beat all but 2 teams at this age group and Played both of them tough. If your kid was actually on one of those teams you would know that and not say stupid things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people work overnight, guess you didn't understand that. but thanks for kind words. Wishing your kid the best of luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious because I don't recall the terps playing either of those teams last year???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people work overnight, guess you didn't understand that. but thanks for kind words. Wishing your kid the best of luck

Your welcome. Remember, ye reap, what ye sow! Completely understand the work thing, bashing players on other teams, I don't. Sorry, your degenerate comments deserved condemnation... By the way, if your son IS on Extreme or Terps and you work nights...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are about min 60 kids with verbal from 2018 not all are playing 91 extreme. oh by the way they have lost more than 2-3 games.

2012 - Xtreme had zero losses against 2018 teams
2013 - Xtreme had two losses - one to the Terps and one to Dukes (they beat Terps three times that year and Dukes once)
2014 - Xtreme lost one game to FCA Blue (and beat them once).

That's three 2018 losses, per the post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the loss in lax fest before the playoffs that is just one I can think of that you did not mention. In addition, you had lost to terps 2 times team long island at least once
Stop the lying
You have had more than 3 loses over the last 5 years
[lacrosse] you went 1-2 one tournament in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the loss in lax fest before the playoffs that is just one I can think of that you did not mention. In addition, you had lost to terps 2 times team long island at least once
Stop the lying

Due to anonymity this person might not even be a parent from 91 Extreme. Because what type of looser who claims his son is already committed would come on here and put down other players. I am friends with many of the parents on Extreme and those who are committed are good people and wouldn't claim the crap this person is claiming. Just a pot stirrer. It could be one of those insecure fringe dweller Extreme players who has been fed scraps for a long time and is trying to make himself and his kid feel better by knocking others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the lying

Bucks beat them. Great team but never measured up to the 2017 Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the lying

Lost to the Terps once - never lost to TLI over the period mentioned. Maryland tourney two years ago they played up an age group. Never said anything about 5 years - read the post more carefully.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the lying

Bucks didn't beat them. Bucks tied them; they played again the same day and Xtreme beat Bucks and then lost to the Terps in the final. Agree that the Terps were the stronger team based on their record over several years - hard to argue with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the lying

Bucks didn't beat them. Bucks tied them; they played again the same day and Xtreme beat Bucks and then lost to the Terps in the final. Agree that the Terps were the stronger team based on their record over several years - hard to argue with that.

Sorry, I meant to say that it's hard to argue that the Turtles weren't the stronger team over a several year period, not the Terps - Xtreme went something like 5-1 versus the Terps from 2012-2014.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2013 - Xtreme had two losses - one to the Terps and one to Dukes (they beat Terps three times that year and Dukes once)

Lost last year in shamrock pool play came back in finals to beat same team. Missed that one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost last year in shamrock pool play came back in finals to beat same team. Missed that one

Hawks beat them in Ocean City last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine doesn't have a clue on what school he wants to commit to but yes, he has been talking to various D1 schools, he may not even want to play D1 lacrosse, possibly football instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks beat them in Ocean City last year.

And a NJ team beat them at Mitchel Field last year. And the NH Tomahawks beat them. They are best team in country over the past 5 years. No need to pound chest. Very naďve to think best 25 players. I think you are actually a parent on the team, and I am shocked. Typically great group of parents and kids.

Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard