BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jake Reed invites went out my son didn't make the cut but we have a great experience in Florida with the 3D Tryout. Well run and best coaching I've ever seen. Even got to speak to Mr. Reed him self a pure gentlemen.

My sons also went and both were not advanced. I am curious to know, of the LI players who were down there, how many were invited on to attend Jake Reed. My sons spoke with friends who were down there at the same time and they were NOT advanced either.

There was so much talent there from LI.

But if the talent doesnt play for a 3D travel team, does the tree fall in the forest and nobody hears it...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but at least you can go around saying you were invited to Jake Reed...wait ...a try out to be invited..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed invites went out my son didn't make the cut but we have a great experience in Florida with the 3D Tryout. Well run and best coaching I've ever seen. Even got to speak to Mr. Reed him self a pure gentlemen.

My sons also went and both were not advanced. I am curious to know, of the LI players who were down there, how many were invited on to attend Jake Reed. My sons spoke with friends who were down there at the same time and they were NOT advanced either.

But if the talent doesnt play for a 3D travel team, does the tree fall in the forest and nobody hears it...

Really????

You are telling me that 50+ 2019 players from LI, not affiliated with 3d, had absolutely no shot of advancing?

What about the 2018,17,16 players from LI??? They were not 3d.

While I see your point, 3d does not have a LI/NYC/Westchester presence. NO ONE from LI advanced????

What about the new Great State Showdown? It is invite only. Who gets invited? It is a first time event. If there is no 3d team in NY Downstate, who goes????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole 2019 group was incredible and was fun to watch. I know of only 2 kids from Long island who made it so far. Both are great players and stand out from the rest of the crowd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ONLY 30 KIDS TOTAL WERE BEING PICKED FROM EACH GROUP FROM EACH WEEKEND

Really????

You are telling me that 50+ 2019 players from LI, not affiliated with 3d, had absolutely no shot of advancing?

While I see your point, 3d does not have a LI/NYC/Westchester presence. NO ONE from LI advanced????

What about the new Great State Showdown? It is invite only. Who gets invited? It is a first time event. If there is no 3d team in NY Downstate, who goes????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And how much did the trip cost each of these silly parents ? ? ?

Really????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 parents of players.
Outside of your travel/club program, what events are you sending your son to this summer.
Trying to start a discussion of what is out there and opinions based on experience.
Coaches from college programs want to see your child in clinic/skills/game evaluation sessions. How do you think this is best accomplished?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
120 players were picked from ALL SESSIONS COMBINED. Meaning there was no limit on how many could be picked from each weekend session.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clarify for MR ALL CAPS above. Ther was no quota for each weekend. It was stated very clearly that the best overall were being invited back. Nothi g to keep even numbers for each region. So forget the "30" number. Means nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it makes you feel better, my kid 2017, made it at your age it was a waste of time. handful of coaches.keep working hard he will, you people are feeding the sharks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What coaches from Long Island were evaluating the 2019's. As a 2018 parent that participated last year the coaches involved during the selection process had a lot to do with who was picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really????

Thats not what I'm telling you - there were a whole bunch of people there, whose kids do NOT play for 3D, who wondered if the selection process was going to be biased / 3d weighted.
Most of the tri-state kids I saw saw at my son's tryout were much better than the 3d kids I saw. Early returns seem to be that the 3D evaluators, for whatever reason (wink), didnt see it that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it makes you feel better, my kid 2017, made it at your age it was a waste of time. handful of coaches.keep working hard he will, you people are feeding the sharks.
My 2017 son made it as well his rising freshman year. Not by any means the be all and end all, has been very diluted since 3D got involved. Still a decent event, but Maverik and Black Card in the summer,plus Under Armour underclass tryouts which coaches flock to, and Philly Showcase in the Fall, are more important in my opinion. And to be honest, if your kid is good and plays on a top club team, he will be seen even without theese individual showcases. If this is the case, do the team tournaments and a few prospect days may be time better spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 parents of players.
Outside of your travel/club program, what events are you sending your son to this summer.
Trying to start a discussion of what is out there and opinions based on experience.
Coaches from college programs want to see your child in clinic/skills/game evaluation sessions. How do you think this is best accomplished?

Best accomplished by worring about it next year. So many new and different options out there. I do know of a dad who has put some lists together. Ask around I am sure he will share but not on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 6 3D guys were evaluating the kids. Coaches just coached the individual teams.

What coaches from Long Island were evaluating the 2019's. As a 2018 parent that participated last year the coaches involved during the selection process had a lot to do with who was picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And about 1/2 the kids that attend the Camp in July are direct invited and don't have to go to the tryout in Florida.
Let me clarify for MR ALL CAPS above. Ther was no quota for each weekend. It was stated very clearly that the best overall were being invited back. Nothi g to keep even numbers for each region. So forget the "30" number. Means nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone still waiting to hear on Blue Chip?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son was not notified yet. Anyone else? The website says notifications either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were notifications sent out position based? G,A,M,D???

Looking back at earlier posts, direct invites go out without the expense of a FL weekend.
Additionally, no matter how many players were from LI, the 30 spots for 2019 midatlanic region could be filled with whom ever they liked best-it could be only 8 from MidAtlantic and all of them D-men, etc.

My son had fun and learned a great deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We got notified on Wednesday

Yes. My son was not notified yet. Anyone else? The website says notifications either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bunch of boys my son knows have not been notified. It seems like the only notifications that were sent out were boys that didnt make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the Maryland kids heard weeks ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stupid,
That kid from Garden City is my son, and sorry to burst your bubble, but he just turned 14 when he was down at Jake Reed, and he's actually a pretty good student as well. I'll send you a copy of his birth certificate if u like. Sorry if your kid is not quite as big, maybe see the Dr. for some growth hormone shots. And while ur at it something to calm yourself down a little bit, your turning green. That envy is eating u up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stupid,
That kid from Garden City is my son, and sorry to burst your bubble, but he just turned 14 when he was down at Jake Reed, and he's actually a pretty good student as well. I'll send you a copy of his birth certificate if u like. Sorry if your kid is not quite as big, maybe see the Dr. for some growth hormone shots. And while ur at it something to calm yourself down a little bit, your turning green. That envy is eating u up.
Hey stupid, your kid is average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ughhhh. Stop. Not nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received an invitation from Blue Chip to attend the camp this summer? Sounds like only declines so far.

We attended the Northeast tryout and someone on our team heard a no already but haven't heard of any yes' either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stupid,
Hey stupid, your kid is average.

Unbelievable!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This needs to stop. The name calling and the targeting of individual children. Please remember the kids do read this site.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey stupid,

Sorry but trying to find where anyone referenced your son. I have gone back a number of pages and the only Garden City reference is a player on the Duke team now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received an invitation from Blue Chip to attend the camp this summer? Sounds like only declines so far.

We attended the Northeast tryout and someone on our team heard a no already but haven't heard of any yes' either.

I havent heard of anyone from the NE tryout that has gotten word yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Hey stupid,

Sorry but trying to find where anyone referenced your son. I have gone back a number of pages and the only Garden City reference is a player on the Duke team now.

I was wondering that also maybe it was deleted.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by America's Game
Hey stupid,

I was wondering that also maybe it was deleted.

There is a possibility it was deleted by HOP or Larry. I just wanted to review it to make sure. We will do our best to monitor this site and keep it from getting out of control.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I havent heard of anyone from the NE tryout that has gotten word yet

I have heard quite of few no's from the NE tryout including 2 kids who were on my sons team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son received invite today. Everyone should receive response by Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about adrenaline black card invitations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were sent a while ago, but probably still in process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came out end of Jan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came out end of Jan.

Black card had 2019 invites???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came out end of Jan.

Black card had 2019 invites???

2017 & 2018 ONLY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed invites came this morning!

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26