BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's your problem section 11 mandates they have to play those teams. CR has NO choice. Cant answer why there is only 1 non league, but their Division schedule is not flexible. You obviously are CLUELESS.

So let's talk about something worthwhile. Why did Manhasset coach bench star featured player and take loss to Wantagh?

Yea name the school Liar!! Never applied and if she did they would scoop her up in a hot second. She will never apply until she gets her pension she is no fool. Ya think she wants a 30,000.00 a year job how stupid!!!!!!'

Coaching at its best

Do we need to say more?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
What's your problem section 11 mandates they have to play those teams. CR has NO choice. Cant answer why there is only 1 non league, but their Division schedule is not flexible. You obviously are CLUELESS.

So let's talk about something worthwhile. Why did Manhasset coach bench star featured player and take loss to Wantagh?

Yea name the school Liar!! Never applied and if she did they would scoop her up in a hot second. She will never apply until she gets her pension she is no fool. Ya think she wants a 30,000.00 a year job how stupid!!!!!!'

Coaching at its best

Do we need to say more?
CArol Rose I think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately there are schools that have "weak" lacrosse programs, and most parents here do not wish to offend. I truly believe that if your daughter is in one of these traditionally "weak" Lacrosse schools it is no reflection on her, but more on the district. I personally know girls from these schools that are very talented players and only lack guidance from a talented coach. The districts and unions are to blame for lesser talented coaches being given coaching jobs because of seniority, and because its an easy way for them to make extra money. IMO this is robbing the kids from all sports the opportunity to excel and thrive in a sport that they love. Unfortunately, politics play a large role in High School athletics.

But naming the schools isn't cool at all. Like many of the girls have a choice of where they must attend. And you are right; my daughter does attend a school with a "weaker" program.....thank goodness that she had the guidance to negotiate the recruiting process and landed a good fit in college. Unfortunately; she can and will put up numbers that anywhere else in the country will get her All-State at the least; but won't get any recognition here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try coach rose never applied for a college job- go back and find another story to make up ;

she can still make her club money and coach college, she knows northport going down
ask her if she applied for the adelphi job

What in the world are you talking about??? Nortport going down? What do you think it is a college where she can recruit to have a strong team every year? Sometimes you need to regroup depending on the kids that graduated and who is coming up. Just shows how you know nothing about lacrosse she was never in contention for the adelphi job- way too busy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure this will not get thru as many posts do not but what the heck is cage sage insinuating , come out and say it . This site has become very lopsided in your presentation so be honest in what you are talking about, your editing things you feel will decrease your readership even if true.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately there are schools that have "weak" lacrosse programs, and most parents here do not wish to offend. I truly believe that if your daughter is in one of these traditionally "weak" Lacrosse schools it is no reflection on her, but more on the district. I personally know girls from these schools that are very talented players and only lack guidance from a talented coach. The districts and unions are to blame for lesser talented coaches being given coaching jobs because of seniority, and because its an easy way for them to make extra money. IMO this is robbing the kids from all sports the opportunity to excel and thrive in a sport that they love. Unfortunately, politics play a large role in High School athletics.

But naming the schools isn't cool at all. Like many of the girls have a choice of where they must attend. And you are right; my daughter does attend a school with a "weaker" program.....thank goodness that she had the guidance to negotiate the recruiting process and landed a good fit in college. Unfortunately; she can and will put up numbers that anywhere else in the country will get her All-State at the least; but won't get any recognition here.
Congratulations to your daughter for the hard work and dedication in achieving her goal, I am sure she is a good girl and deserves all the accolades she does not receive. With that being said, weaker schools are out there, and just like it's not your fault, it's not ours either. To say that West Islip will not crush Brentwood because Bentwood is weak isn't said in a bad way towards the girls. and quite frankly, almost every town has P.A.L. teams and middle school teams. Now at the P.A.L. level you don't have much choice, but in middle school you do have a voice, if you choose not to use that voice and go to the administration and demand better coaches for your girls then you will never get better trained girls for your varsity teams. Have you gone back , after your daughter left middle school to help change the coaches or do you have the "my daughter is done, it's not my problem anymore" attitude, because if you do than its your fault the program is weak. Remember the schools work for us, we don't work for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try coach rose never applied for a college job- go back and find another story to make up ;

she can still make her club money and coach college, she knows northport going down
ask her if she applied for the adelphi job

What in the world are you talking about??? Nortport going down? What do you think it is a college where she can recruit to have a strong team every year? Sometimes you need to regroup depending on the kids that graduated and who is coming up. Just shows how you know nothing about lacrosse she was never in contention for the adelphi job- way too busy
Of course she can recruit, How many on school team do not play YJ club. That is all the recruiting she needs. She can practice school ball all year under the YJ banner.And the thought of The coach making only thirty thousand in college is a ridiculas. YJ money could feed an entire country in Africa for years. This is about doing thee right thing at schoolball level. If this was club ball no one would say a thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She make more money with less stress and better better benefits at the high school level. Tenure and reputation will allow her to stay as long as she likes.

Also frees up her nights and weekends to keep the YJ money train rolling.

College would be less cash, more time issues and big time conflicts with YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to your daughter for the hard work and dedication in achieving her goal, I am sure she is a good girl and deserves all the accolades she does not receive. With that being said, weaker schools are out there, and just like it's not your fault, it's not ours either. To say that West Islip will not crush Brentwood because Bentwood is weak isn't said in a bad way towards the girls. and quite frankly, almost every town has P.A.L. teams and middle school teams. Now at the P.A.L. level you don't have much choice, but in middle school you do have a voice, if you choose not to use that voice and go to the administration and demand better coaches for your girls then you will never get better trained girls for your varsity teams. Have you gone back , after your daughter left middle school to help change the coaches or do you have the "my daughter is done, it's not my problem anymore" attitude, because if you do than its your fault the program is weak. Remember the schools work for us, we don't work for them

Since when do parents have a choice in how athletic programs are run? Coaches act as if they are the parents; and if any issues arise, they hide behind the district AD and take it out on the kid.

Honestly.....I'm a football guy and my expertise in lacrosse is limited....so I wouldn't be much help anyway. And yes; politics are the root of the problem. My daughter's program has a culture of accepting losing and EVERYONE(players, parents, and the AD of whom is a football guy as well) has accepted the fact that the team is and will remain poor. Meanwhile; the other girls and parents complain about the lack of All-League, etc and not making Schoolgirls' teams. I'm only ONE voice and the voice that no one wants to hear. I know it not your fault; but to call out schools of being weak isn't classy at all. That's my point. It's about the girls...not parental braggadocio!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"parental braggadocio!".....I love it. Great word for all the blowhards on this thread.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are pathetic Huntington wins 22-6 with one kis scoring 7 goals but no complaints ,how transparent that your jealousy /hatred of CR does not allow you to even consider the truth.

Your right. Truth is that's bad sporsmanship too, thanks for pointing it out.

It is bad sportsmanship. But what do you expect when a YJ coach is on the Huntington Staff. Only 4 girls from Huntington scored a goal or even had an assist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brag·ga·do·ci·o/ˌbragəˈdōSHēˌō/
Noun:
Boastful or arrogant behavior.

If the shoe fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when do parents have a choice in how athletic programs are run? Coaches act as if they are the parents; and if any issues arise, they hide behind the district AD and take it out on the kid.

Honestly.....I'm a football guy and my expertise in lacrosse is limited....so I wouldn't be much help anyway. And yes; politics are the root of the problem. My daughter's program has a culture of accepting losing and EVERYONE(players, parents, and the AD of whom is a football guy as well) has accepted the fact that the team is and will remain poor. Meanwhile; the other girls and parents complain about the lack of All-League, etc and not making Schoolgirls' teams. I'm only ONE voice and the voice that no one wants to hear. I know it not your fault; but to call out schools of being weak isn't classy at all. That's my point. It's about the girls...not parental braggadocio!
There public servants. If you let them bully you than thats on you. All of them Including the A.D. and the Superintendent are paid by you and every other parent in the system. Don't let these people con you.
Now quite frankly we don't live in a traditional football hotspot. I can't understand why, on Long Island, a lacrosse hotbed for decades, any A.D. will spend more money on football than lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Now quite frankly we don't live in a traditional football hotspot. I can't understand why, on Long Island, a lacrosse hotbed for decades, any A.D. will spend more money on football than lacrosse.

NO KIDDING! It's like that in my district, too, and our football team pretty much stinks.

As for demanding better coaches, HAHAHA. In my district, any teacher who wants the coaching job gets it before it's offered outside the district. And not once that I know of has any coach been let go, that job is theirs for as long as they want it, regardless of wins/losses, crazy stunts, whatever. It absolutely stinks. We have spoken to our AD about a coach (not lax), laid out all the problems, were told that the AD would look into it. Lather, rinse, repeat. Nothing happens. By junior or senior year, no one will play for this coach, kids quit mid-year, AD knows, coach stays put. So, so frustrating as a player and a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

NO KIDDING! It's like that in my district, too, and our football team pretty much stinks.

As for demanding better coaches, HAHAHA. In my district, any teacher who wants the coaching job gets it before it's offered outside the district. And not once that I know of has any coach been let go, that job is theirs for as long as they want it, regardless of wins/losses, crazy stunts, whatever. It absolutely stinks. We have spoken to our AD about a coach (not lax), laid out all the problems, were told that the AD would look into it. Lather, rinse, repeat. Nothing happens. By junior or senior year, no one will play for this coach, kids quit mid-year, AD knows, coach stays put. So, so frustrating as a player and a parent.
Sachem is worse. You have to kiss the ring of a Elementary Schools principles husband. to get your kid a shot at varsity, and if you do she still has to sit behind there undeserving , not nearly good enough 8th grader. We have a Jr. goalie that is very good, but she either sits or has to play behind a sophomore , that isn't half as good, (but friends with the husband,) because her dad and the afore mentioned husband have a conflict. These People are real low class bullies, guess who they play summer ball for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No program is worse than Longwood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how bad Hauupauge beat Northport today in that scrimmage? Northport people are real quit about this one. I'm guessing it was bad, lopsided.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, April 9th Results

Kings Park over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 18-11
Harborfields comes back over Locust Valley, 13-7
Farmingdale over Penfield, 17-4

Saturday, April 7th Results

St. Anthony's over Chatham, 16-12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not know you win scrimmages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok, let's say there was no winners or losers and no score being kept. Don't want to upset anyone, that would be bad sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brag·ga·do·ci·o/
Noun:
Boastful or arrogant behavior.

If the shoe fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok, let's say there was no winners or losers and no score being kept. Don't want to upset anyone, that would be bad sportsmanship.
I think this means they got handled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No your wishes did not come true!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am amazed at the amount of time spent on these boards talking about Carol Rose. Doesn't matter what board it is, she seems to come up. I think too many people are obsessed with this lady. Enough already. I am a parent of a girl who doesn't play for yellow jackets and doesn't play for Northport. She is very happy with where she is, and so are we. My advise to those who don't like Carol Rose. Please stop complaining about her. Go out and cheer on your daughters and the other girls on the field. If you're happy not playing for her, which most people who have something to say about her state, then stop paying so much attention to her.

On the High School front. Most people are correct about the bad coaching at the school level and all, but I don't think that is the only issue. Most girls who play and excel in this sport started out in a youth program. Most of the better school teams have sucessful youth programs and work from there. Although most teams that are good at the school level have successful travel players to build around, their middle level players are pretty good too. This is because of the success of the youth teams. I'm not trying to say the school coaches should get a pass, they shouldn't, but alot of a teams success starts out when they are much younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am amazed at the amount of time spent on these boards talking about Carol Rose. Doesn't matter what board it is, she seems to come up. I think too many people are obsessed with this lady. Enough already. I am a parent of a girl who doesn't play for yellow jackets and doesn't play for Northport. She is very happy with where she is, and so are we. My advise to those who don't like Carol Rose. Please stop complaining about her. Go out and cheer on your daughters and the other girls on the field. If you're happy not playing for her, which most people who have something to say about her state, then stop paying so much attention to her.

That is very easy for you to say. Is your daughter's HS coach also a YJ coach? If not you don't know what we are dealing with. Most of us are afraid to say anything about the politics because our kids would be blackballed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very easy for you to say. Is your daughter's HS coach also a YJ coach? If not you don't know what we are dealing with. Most of us are afraid to say anything about the politics because our kids would be blackballed.

You're correct. It is easy for me to say. Obviously your daughter is caught in a tough situation. I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm sure that most of the people that are on here complaining are not in the same horrible situation you are. I apologize if I lumped everyone together. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I do not have a horse in this race"

But, I am amazed so many people are putting their daughter and families in this situation.

Love the lesson you're teahcing them. If you get bullied keep your mouth shut.

I am not sure that was the same way you dreamed to raise them before they picked up their sticks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the lesson to be learned that seems to be lost nowadays.
If your child is not getting playing time it quite possibly may be political. You have an opportunity to teach your child to keep quiet and work even harder and possibly for a long time. If the skill level improves and she becomes better than another "politically connected" kid then she should see increased playing time and opportunities. I would think any coach would want to improve their team and misusing resources based on political opinions is foolish and very noticeable. BTW...if she does work hard and improve and the coach STILL does not use her properly then she gained several things. 1-improved skills and confidence in her ability, 2-the ability to excel in club ball or skills camps and finally, 3-the knowledge that she didn't let an immature coach or difficult situation prevent her from improving...ALL GREAT ATTRIBUTES TO HAVE FOR THE REAL WORLD. Keep in mind the alternative approach of complaining, arguing and bad mouthing is heard and emulated by your kids...all of which gets you no where. Just a thought...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very easy for you to say. Is your daughter's HS coach also a YJ coach? If not you don't know what we are dealing with. Most of us are afraid to say anything about the politics because our kids would be blackballed."

YJ Parent to CR: "Put my kid on Blue "A" or I am going to Top Guns."

Poof!! Kid moved up. Totally disgraceful, because many parents would not threaten like that and they are the ones who get shafted.

Politics and threats seem to be the words that work at the YJs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All things the same (or close) the reality is - political or friendly ties will always win out.

A HS coach SHOULD always want to put the best team on the field. But "best" takes on a lot of meaning. In best you never know what weighs more Skill or Attitude.

If you feel your child is not getting the play time they deserve, sit your child down let them know this not only happens in HS on the fields but on the stage for those students in the arts, some students may not get into a college of their choice (academically) only to have their friend and neighbor (who is not as qualified) get in. It happens its life.

But here you do have a voice and never silence it. If you feel you are in the right and confused on the actions, have the player reach out and have an adult conversation with the coach. Have them ask what can be done to see more time on the field. If you feel you need to be present when the conversation happens (bcause it has already gotten to this level) by all means get involved as a witness and mentor to guide your child after the conversation.

But be careful, you may not like what you hear. You may hear a lot more work is involved than you thought. You may have to take of those "Rose colored Glasses".

Sounds like a job for Dr. Richard D. Ginsburg.

Just remember you are asking to take playing time away from another child (potential friend/neighbor) who may question what just happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not a YJ thing its a life thing. Unfortunately its reality and we have to find our way to navigate through it. Just saying there is a choice here. I have had to make that choice for myself and my kids in the past so it is not just words. There are ways and lessons to be learned handling it both ways. Either join the group and swallow your pride as many do OR work hard enough to make the group realize they may have been wrong. Just saying to pick one. Preferably the second because imagine the feeling she will have when she overcomes the prejudice and excels!! Bashing the system at your school/club...however justified...doesn't get the results you want. The hard work avenue at least gets great results even if the group doesn't accept her. She will have gained something valuable (determination, improved skills, work habits and self respect)in spite of them which is a good byproduct. Hope it helps. BTW...many clubs would love a kid who is a hard worker!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're correct. It is easy for me to say. Obviously your daughter is caught in a tough situation. I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm sure that most of the people that are on here complaining are not in the same horrible situation you are. I apologize if I lumped everyone together. Good Luck.

Maybe it is not the fact that you have a yj coach at your school- which school is it? Maybe your daughter is not as good as you think

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, April 10th Results

Port Washington triples Carle Place, 18-6
Bay Shore crushes West Islip, 18-5
East Islip over HHH, 13-10
Holy Trinity over St. Dominic, 17-14
Lindenhurst over Pat-Med, 8-3
Sachem East triples Whitman, 15-5
Northport handily over Floyd, 17-6
Smithtown East twenties North Babylon, 20-6
Commack over Longwood, 10-6
Wantagh over Plainedge, 19-12
Smithtown West doubles Brentwood, 18-9
Sachem North five-folds Copiague, 15-3
South Side over Kellenberg, 15-11

Highlights

Bay Shore's win over West Islip today stamps them as the real deal heading to the season's midpoint. Caroline deLyra had three goals and four assists, Cynthia DelCore had three goals and two assists, and Carly Cox had one goal and five assists for Bay Shore (5-0) in Division I.

Dorrien Van Dyke had five goals and two assists and Cortney Fortunato had three goals and four assists to lead Northport (4-1) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All things the same (or close) the reality is - political or friendly ties will always win out.

A HS coach SHOULD always want to put the best team on the field. But "best" takes on a lot of meaning. In best you never know what weighs more Skill or Attitude.

If you feel your child is not getting the play time they deserve, sit your child down let them know this not only happens in HS on the fields but on the stage for those students in the arts, some students may not get into a college of their choice (academically) only to have their friend and neighbor (who is not as qualified) get in. It happens its life.

But here you do have a voice and never silence it. If you feel you are in the right and confused on the actions, have the player reach out and have an adult conversation with the coach. Have them ask what can be done to see more time on the field. If you feel you need to be present when the conversation happens (bcause it has already gotten to this level) by all means get involved as a witness and mentor to guide your child after the conversation.

But be careful, you may not like what you hear. You may hear a lot more work is involved than you thought. You may have to take of those "Rose colored Glasses".

Sounds like a job for Dr. Richard D. Ginsburg.

Just remember you are asking to take playing time away from another child (potential friend/neighbor) who may question what just happened.

So your saying go ask the person that just shafted your daughter, very politely, why your daughter got shafted. And they say your daughter needs to work harder, your supposed to believe the word of the person that just shafted your daughter. That sounds stupid. They just screwed her and you expect them to say I know your daughter is better, but this girl has better connections then you , sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle Country over Riverhead 19-6

Highlights

Bay Shore's win over West Islip today stamps them as the real deal heading to the season's midpoint. Caroline deLyra had three goals and four assists, Cynthia DelCore had three goals and two assists, and Carly Cox had one goal and five assists for Bay Shore (5-0) in Division I.

Dorrien Van Dyke had five goals and two assists and Cortney Fortunato had three goals and four assists to lead Northport (4-1) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where was West Islip's best player!!

Highlights

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are so clueless, if your kid is not getting playing time it is because the coach does not think she will help them win more then the kid who is playing .It is rare to meet the parent who has a realistic view of their kids ability and most parents are clueless, maybe your kid just is not as good as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the High School front. Most people are correct about the bad coaching at the school level and all, but I don't think that is the only issue. Most girls who play and excel in this sport started out in a youth program. Most of the better school teams have sucessful youth programs and work from there. Although most teams that are good at the school level have successful travel players to build around, their middle level players are pretty good too. This is because of the success of the youth teams. I'm not trying to say the school coaches should get a pass, they shouldn't, but alot of a teams success starts out when they are much younger.

are you sure you don't have anything else to add.. omg, give us a break lady

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who ever posted this ;;;;;
I did not know you win scrimmages ;;;;;;;
a real genius and I guess you are right they got handled

except for northport fans, who say they held there own. when someone says they held there own in a scrimmage means
u got the u know what beat out of them;;

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the mother of a JV boy in Northport and YES Carol Rose is all that and I can say that from a parent's prospective with Carol Rose being my son's gym teacher. She is encouraging, kind and all of the other adjectives that go along with a spectacular teacher. If you have an opportunity to be with her, it will only be to your delight.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard