BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ahhh bitter mr TG Bayshore Paying lots of money to go to USC to get outplayed and out coached. And holding duke to 9 and Maryland to 8 while I didn't see those games seems like a good defensive game. we ARE talking defense not overall result vs those powerhouses. after all this is YOUR point stick to your point. I think UNC would of liked only letting up 8 or 11 today vs Maryland. Hey at least you beat Marist .good college on LI is great for LI
Typical low class Yellow Jacket parent. No my daughter never played for Top Guns, nor does she go to USC, nor do I live in Bay Shore. I can't see how a total of 21 points against 49 given up is successful. Yeah it's nice to see a L.I. team get into the tournament, but in true Y.J. fashion your bragging when it's mostly smoke and mirrors. I remember not to long ago seeing Y.J. parents dismiss Towson as a second rate school with a second rate program, and that may be true, but YJU is just as second rate, mainly because Towson is the only team YJU has been able to beat in tourney, Being dispatched by the real best team in N.Y. last year and Maryland twice. I'll be a lot happier with Mr. Yellow Jacket when he takes any player from Long Island that isn't from his master C.R. Please don't give me that crap about Y.J. having the best players, all clubs have good players, believe it or not even clubs from outside L.I.

What are you talking about? He did take a non YJ player from LI. The first 2018 TG recruit is going to SB. Maybe she's a spy infiltrating the evil YJ/SB empire.
the first in 3 years, every girl except 1 on the roster now came from Y.J.,

The one exception is from MD (1),FL (1) or NJ (2)??? Which color YJ team did the others play for? Girl from Hills played for Team Hills/91 as well...

Please stop the madness!!! JS is going to take anyone that will help him and SBU win. Would he love to win a National Championship with only LI talent, sure... If not, he will take whomever helps him win! Winning helps him sell himself and the program.

If/when he leaves, he will take some of those same players with him if he can!

Can't everyone just root for successful LI colleges... it's a great way to keep some of top talent here on LI...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh bitter mr TG Bayshore Paying lots of money to go to USC to get outplayed and out coached. And holding duke to 9 and Maryland to 8 while I didn't see those games seems like a good defensive game. we ARE talking defense not overall result vs those powerhouses. after all this is YOUR point stick to your point. I think UNC would of liked only letting up 8 or 11 today vs Maryland. Hey at least you beat Marist .good college on LI is great for LI
Typical low class Yellow Jacket parent. No my daughter never played for Top Guns, nor does she go to USC, nor do I live in Bay Shore. I can't see how a total of 21 points against 49 given up is successful. Yeah it's nice to see a L.I. team get into the tournament, but in true Y.J. fashion your bragging when it's mostly smoke and mirrors. I remember not to long ago seeing Y.J. parents dismiss Towson as a second rate school with a second rate program, and that may be true, but YJU is just as second rate, mainly because Towson is the only team YJU has been able to beat in tourney, Being dispatched by the real best team in N.Y. last year and Maryland twice. I'll be a lot happier with Mr. Yellow Jacket when he takes any player from Long Island that isn't from his master C.R. Please don't give me that crap about Y.J. having the best players, all clubs have good players, believe it or not even clubs from outside L.I.

What are you talking about? He did take a non YJ player from LI. The first 2018 TG recruit is going to SB. Maybe she's a spy infiltrating the evil YJ/SB empire.
the first in 3 years, every girl except 1 on the roster now came from Y.J.,

The one exception is from MD (1),FL (1) or NJ (2)??? Which color YJ team did the others play for? Girl from Hills played for Team Hills/91 as well...

Please stop the madness!!! JS is going to take anyone that will help him and SBU win. Would he love to win a National Championship with only LI talent, sure... If not, he will take whomever helps him win! Winning helps him sell himself and the program.

If/when he leaves, he will take some of those same players with him if he can!

Can't everyone just root for successful LI colleges... it's a great way to keep some of top talent here on LI...

Don't confuse everybody with facts! So much easier to state your case when you can just make stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
Seriously ? Stony Brook was supposed to win that game and they did. Neither offense looked sharp, think the 20 something degree weather had anything to do with it. That being said USC just does not have the athletes or seasoned lacrosse players that SB does at this point, they have a kid who did not play lax until she got into college starting( great athlete from the soccer team but not exactly a lacrosse player).Too funny you think you can draw up a game plan better than the USC coaches who are all world class lacrosse players.

It's important to have two local schools (Stony Brook and Hofstra) be strong lacrosse programs because of LI's deep talent and lacrosse history. Neither program is top tier elite at this point and will not unless they attract great players from other parts of the country. Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically.

As long as Stony Brook gets some excellent local talent they will always compete, especially in their conference, which is not a great conference. So making the playoffs each year should not be hard. Ultimately it is the depth of their roster that hurts them.

You have no idea what you are talking about, academic status ? Hofstra is not close to having the academic status of Stony Brook. Feel free to look at any legit ranking and Hofstra not near top 100 University. Academically Stony Brook is miles ahead of Hofstra.

Stony Brook' academic status is based on a small part of the school (medical); applying for any other part of the University is not difficult. It may come in time as the SUNY system was never advertised out of state like other state university systems. What really hurts Hofstra, from a recruiting point, is where it located. As for one being miles ahead of the other, not true.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Seriously ? Stony Brook was supposed to win that game and they did. Neither offense looked sharp, think the 20 something degree weather had anything to do with it. That being said USC just does not have the athletes or seasoned lacrosse players that SB does at this point, they have a kid who did not play lax until she got into college starting( great athlete from the soccer team but not exactly a lacrosse player).Too funny you think you can draw up a game plan better than the USC coaches who are all world class lacrosse players.

It's important to have two local schools (Stony Brook and Hofstra) be strong lacrosse programs because of LI's deep talent and lacrosse history. Neither program is top tier elite at this point and will not unless they attract great players from other parts of the country. Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a

As long as Stony Brook gets some excellent local talent they will always compete, especially in their conference, which is not a great conference. So making the playoffs each year should not be hard. Ultimately it is the depth of their roster that hurts them.
What hurts S.B. is J.S. and his refusal to recruit from any other source.You are correct being on L.I. and pool that he has to pull from he should win his conference seeing as it's not strong, but with that being said S.B. making tournament is no monumental task

Do you actually think he refuses to recruit from any other source? If you are a good player he does not care what club you play for , as a matter of fact his most likely top recruit thus far did not play travel at all.

What hurts S.B. is J.S. and his refusal to recruit from any other source.You are correct being on L.I. and pool that he has to pull from he should win his conference seeing as it's not strong, but with that being said S.B. making tournament is no monumental task

Do you actually think he refuses to recruit from any other source? If you are a good player he does not care what club you play for , as a matter of fact his most likely top recruit thus far did not play travel at all.

He doesn't refuse to recruit from another source but he does not emphasize recruiting outside of LI. He doesn't have to as he will always be successful in his conference with the players he gets. Stony Brook is not an easy sell to students outside the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At a Glance
Student Population: 11,023
Undergraduate Population: 6,893
Student to Faculty Ratioa: 14
Total Annual Costc: $54,289
In-State Tuitionc: $37,400
Out-of-State Tuitionc: $37,400
Percent on Financial Aidd: 97%
Percent Admittede: 59%
SAT Composite Rangef: 1070-1260
ACT Composite Rangef: 23-28

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#169 in Research Universities
#155 in the Northeast

Forbes Financial Grade: C+

Real impressive bald bear , you must have Hofstra confused with some other school as their academic standing is not close to SB. I believe SB acceptance rate is in the 39% area with out of state being much more difficult.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News & World Report has SB at number 88 nationally compared to Hofstra at number 135...I would not put them worlds apart and I would think tuition costs could play a factor in rankings (in state SB - $7.8K and Hofstra $38K). SB is a strong Math & science school and Hofstra bigger in accounting & communications. SB is a better economic choice...IMO

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

Real impressive bald bear , you must have Hofstra confused with some other school as their academic standing is not close to SB. I believe SB acceptance rate is in the 39% area with out of state being much more difficult.

US News has Stony Brook #88 and Hofstra #135.

Forbes has Stony Brook at #249. SAT Composite and ACT composite skewer a bit higher, but Stony Brook has a much larger pre-med curricula than Hofstra. Forbes does not grade Stony Brook.

All I'm saying is both schools, for the student looking to play lacrosse, are comparable. The original question posed was Stony Brook's lack of recruiting outside of LI and one key is the school does is not attractive to students outside of this area. The coach knows this and recruits based on his strength, which is local girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He doesn't refuse to recruit from another source but he does not emphasize recruiting outside of LI. He doesn't have to as he will always be successful in his conference with the players he gets. Stony Brook is not an easy sell to students outside the area.

Not an easy sell for LI kids either. Campus makes you feel like a foreigner in your own backyard. Not a big fan of Hofstra either. SB gets the edge due to low tuition. You can throw in Adelphi, Post, Dowling as options. No schools on LI are setting the academic or lacrosse world on fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an easy sell for LI kids either. Campus makes you feel like a foreigner in your own backyard. Not a big fan of Hofstra either. SB gets the edge due to low tuition. You can throw in Adelphi, Post, Dowling as options. No schools on LI are setting the academic or lacrosse world on fire.

On the lacrosse front, if you run a successful program, you will attract talented player. There are plenty of kids that want to stay here on LI. Parents still want to watch them play. Unfortunately, the colleges are what they are. I believe Hofstra is opening some type of medical program in the near future. It's still located where it's located... Stony Brook could help themselves by improving the overall asthetics/looks of the campus/dorms. It looks too much like an institution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

Forbes has Stony Brook at #249. SAT Composite and ACT composite skewer a bit higher, but Stony Brook has a much larger pre-med curricula than Hofstra. Forbes does not grade Stony Brook.

All I'm saying is both schools, for the student looking to play lacrosse, are comparable. The original question posed was Stony Brook's lack of recruiting outside of LI and one key is the school does is not attractive to students outside of this area. The coach knows this and recruits based on his strength, which is local girls.

" Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically."

The above is why no one can take your posts seriously. When you say its a fact and are proven to be completely wrong you just act like you never said it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education at SB buts its a horrible fragmented dreary campus with a very diverse mix of foreign students. If its just about education, lacrosse and price its a slam dunk. If its about a cool campus feel and life, SB isn't on the top of the list.

The big thing is that even if you only get about $7,500 for lax, you are getting a top education for less than $10k a year.

These $60,000 schools aren't coming close the affordability and education that SB offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education at SB buts its a horrible fragmented dreary campus with a very diverse mix of foreign students. If its just about education, lacrosse and price its a slam dunk. If its about a cool campus feel and life, SB isn't on the top of the list.

The big thing is that even if you only get about $7,500 for lax, you are getting a top education for less than $10k a year.

These $60,000 schools aren't coming close the affordability and education that SB offers

Is this a Stony Brook Threads or an NCAA womens Lacrosse thread? Thought there was more than on School in the NCAA>

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Is this a Stony Brook Threads or an NCAA womens Lacrosse thread? Thought there was more than on School in the NCAA>

Good point.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Good point.

Wow, first not "YJ" and now this! Boring!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Good point.

There's a whole world of NCAA teams and schools out there. In case you thought there was only the YJ's and Stony Brook. Give it a try. Discussing only one club and one college is BORING. Good luck.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the s.b.u talk might have to do with it being the bigest local college in the area. if this board was in ohio the chances are that s.b.u would not be mentioned. its not all about you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

There's a whole world of NCAA teams and schools out there. In case you thought there was only the YJ's and Stony Brook. Give it a try. Discussing only one club and one college is BORING. Good luck.

That's where you are wrong, the discussion has been SB and Hofstra, YJ and TG.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
all the s.b.u talk might have to do with it being the bigest local college in the area. if this board was in ohio the chances are that s.b.u would not be mentioned. its not all about you

It's not all about who?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

" Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically."

The above is why no one can take your posts seriously. When you say its a fact and are proven to be completely wrong you just act like you never said it.

If your student is going to be a doctor Stony Brook would be your choice. For the business major, communications, etc Hofstra would be your choice. Tuition is also a factor. I have help place students in many schools, including Stony Brook. It all depends on what they are planning to study. Again, we lost sight of what the thread was about (which I admit I influenced), which is the Stony Brook coach does not put much effort to recruit outside of this area. Be careful of lists--Forbes has Williams College as #1. Fantastic school but definitely not for everyone. It does have a good D3 lacrosse team in the ultra-competitive NESCAC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post scores and news from womens college lacrosse.

Good luck to SBU (vs Drexel) and Hofstra (vs Maryland) this weekend.

If you get a chance, go see Maryland play this weekend at Hofstra, take your girls, they are truly amazing to watch live.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you get a chance, go see Maryland play this weekend at Hofstra, take your girls, they are truly amazing to watch live.

Girls would rather be home warm and texting, only us parents care, just like only us parents care which club color team they play on.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Girls would rather be home warm and texting, only us parents care, just like only us parents care which club color team they play on.

You couldn't be more wrong. I would think most competitive girls lax players would want to see these amazing athletes compete at the highest level.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be more wrong. I would think most competitive girls lax players would want to see these amazing athletes compete at the highest level.

I would lean more toward the original comment. My teenage daughter plays competitive sports year-round and has very little interest in watching others play - especially outside in the cold this time of year and when she doesn't know any of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with HOP, my girls are very excited to go wherever and whenever to see the elite teams play. They certainly care what team they play on and what color. Face the elite player are laced up on every level and beg to go to this stuff.

I would lean more toward the original comment. My teenage daughter plays competitive sports year-round and has very little interest in watching others play - especially outside in the cold this time of year and when she doesn't know any of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our high school playoff game got about 5 girls to watch from the youth program and the players were their COACHES!!!. I agree that only parents care. I will watch any game anywhere, my kids and their friends (even though they play very competitive sports at a high level) could care less. 90% of the kids there this weekend will be dragged by their parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 12year old and her friends are begging me to take them to Hofstra on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland only had attendance of 220 vs William and Mary and 1100 vs UNC.

Hofstra had 856 for their only home game and 239 and 130 at their away games.

Stony Brook vs USC had 200 people

Northwestern USC had 470 people

After football and basketball attendance falls off a cliff. If they get 1,000 people I bet they will be thrilled. We will see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you've got nothing else going on..Go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our high school playoff game got about 5 girls to watch from the youth program and the players were their COACHES!!!. I agree that only parents care. I will watch any game anywhere, my kids and their friends (even though they play very competitive sports at a high level) could care less. 90% of the kids there this weekend will be dragged by their parents

Not sure the town you are from, my town also went far into the playoffs (for a few years now). The youth program attended in large numbers. The players were also their coaches.

Sorry if your town dosnt follow our girls do. Lets see who goes Saturday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 856 for hofstra a home game was combined gate w men double header
Lucky to get 500 tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bryant. vs. Manhattan. 1:00 pm
Coastal Carolina. vs. Jacksonville1:00 pm
Cornell. vs. Albany. 2:00 pm
Delaware. vs. Rutgers. 1:00 pm
Delaware State. vs. Wilmington. 11:00 am
Denver. vs. Louisville. 1:00 pm
Duquesne. vs. Marquette. 11:30 am
Florida. vs. Dartmouth. 1:00 pm
Georgetown. vs. Princeton. 3:00 pm
High Point. vs. UMBC. 2:00 pm
Hofstra. vs. Maryland. 1:00 pm
Holy Cross. vs. Massachusetts. 11:00 am
Howard. vs. Robert Morris. 1:00 pm
Lehigh. vs. Fairfield. 1:00 pm
Liberty. vs. Richmond. 1:00 pm
Loyola. vs. James Madison. 5:00 pm
Michigan. vs. St. Bonaventure. 4:00 pm
Monmouth. vs. Towson. 1:00 pm
Navy. vs. William & Mary. 12:00 pm
North Carolina. vs. Northwestern. 12:00 pm
Ohio State. vs. Stanford. 12:00 pm
Oregon. vs. San Diego State. 12:00 pm
Penn State. vs. Virginia. 3:00 pm
Quinnipiac. vs. Binghamton. 1:00 pm
Stony Brook. vs. Drexel. 3:00 pm
Syracuse. vs. Boston College. 12:00 pm (ESPN 3)
Temple. vs. Lafayette. 1:00 pm
Vermont. vs. Marist. 11:00 am
Villanova vs. Bucknell. 3:30 pm

Home team is listed first. Games at neutral sites are in italics.
When times are shown, they are local to the site of the game.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#6 Boston College upsets #2 Syracuse 10-9 at the Carrier Dome

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#1 Maryland defeats Hofstra 14-6 at Hofstra.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A very surprising game attendance of only 297 today. That is really weak no matter how you try and spin it. A shame because Maryland is a great team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A very surprising game attendance of only 297 today. That is really weak no matter how you try and spin it. A shame because Maryland is a great team

Lol. "Anonymous attendance wizard" is so concerned with the games attendance numbers. Why are you posting several times with attendance figures? How about the hard work and toughness these women show playing on this horrible weather. I agree with Hop that the girls probably do in fact want to go!! And they should.
Enough with your attendance posts dude. We all thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Lol. "Anonymous attendance wizard" is so concerned with the games attendance numbers. Why are you posting several times with attendance figures? How about the hard work and toughness these women show playing on this horrible weather. I agree with Hop that the girls probably do in fact want to go!! And they should.
Enough with your attendance posts dude. We all thank you.

Seriously. You know who draws crowds? Football and men's basketball. Every other collegiate sport doesn't see crowds like that. Maybe during playoffs if a team is doing well, but otherwise it isn't happening. This is why many college teams require their members to attend the sporting events of other teams at the school. Parents and friends go to these games, and sometimes some local youth programs especially if they're going to participate in some half-time event or be ball girls, then you get their family members too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's 297 that got to see the best women's team in the nation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To anyone that went, was Hofstra ever in it? Who would be more pleased today with their effort Maryland or Hofstra?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
To anyone that went, was Hofstra ever in it? Who would be more pleased today with their effort Maryland or Hofstra?

TEAM COMPARISON
HOFS STAT MD
19 Shots 32
14 ShOnGoal 20
6 Saves 8
11 DrawCntrls 11
0-2 FPG-FPS 5-7
11 DrawCntrls 11
22 Fouls 15
11 GrndBalls 10
13-18 Clears 20-20
15 Turnovers 12
9 Caused TOs 7

That's a cut/paste that didn't paste prettily but you can figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Looks like a good showing for Hofstra against the #1 team in the nation.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard