BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIExpress 2018 - Team 1
June 13 & 14 Adrenaline, Plymouth, MA
June 20 & 21 Big Four, Philadelphia, PA
June 27 & 28 Lax Clash, Uniondale, NY
July 11 & 12 Super Series
July 23 & 26 U15 National Championships
Aug. 3 & 5 Lake Placid

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Showcase concern/question:

Before I click send with my cc info and no chance of a refund----

If your son has attended please enlighten me about:

FAB FROSH ---- Invites are out and I need to reply.

TOP 205 Lacrosse ----Invites are out and I need to reply.

Don't get too carried away with all these showcases, I suggest, if you son is truly tops in his position, select 2 events, really doesn't matter, there are D1 coaches at almost every event to get an idea of what the coaches are looking for, then isolate what schools he is interested in and follow what they are doing or attending. The number of showcases from last year to this coming year has already increased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIExpress 2018 - Team 1
Aug. 3 & 5 Lake Placid

How about the other 2018 teams? Extreme? Outlaws? Jesters? fl$? 91 Orange?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine tryouts are this Friday - lots of controversy over selections last year - any thoughts going into this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island 2018 White
Baltimore Crab Fest 6/27-28
Best of the Best (Mitchell field) 7/6-7
NXT Cup Philly Invitational 7/11-12
Hofstra Blue Gold 7/17-18
U-15 National Championship (Richmond,Va.) 7/23-26

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine tryouts are this Friday - lots of controversy over selections last year - any thoughts going into this year?

Second round if tryouts. What about all of the boys selected in December? Are they adding another 50 or more from this tryout?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Second round if tryouts. What about all of the boys selected in December? Are they adding another 50 or more from this tryout?

This is the first round of tryouts for the 2018 Brine Long Island Team. To the best of my knowledge there were no tryouts in December. Please correct me if I am wrong. Notices for this tryout date just went out via email to those who were invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

This is the first round of tryouts for the 2018 Brine Long Island Team. To the best of my knowledge there were no tryouts in December. Please correct me if I am wrong. Notices for this tryout date just went out via email to those who were invited.

You sir, are correct. The Middle School division had December tryouts and are also holding a second round on Sat. They will be the team with the extra boys going to play in June for the whole bucket of worms.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIExpress 2018 - Team 1
Aug. 3 & 5 Lake Placid

How about the other 2018 teams? Extreme? Outlaws? Jesters? fl$? 91 Orange?

Schedule for other LIExpress 2018 teams on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the list of registered players, it looks as though several of the players who went last year did not register for this year, this is what happened to the 2017 team last year and the outcome was not good for the 2017 LI team. Also, remember, there are a lot of other events that same time, Jake Reed Blue Chip, Blue Chip 225, etc. so the field may be diluted.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the list of registered players, it looks as though several of the players who went last year did not register for this year, this is what happened to the 2017 team last year and the outcome was not good for the 2017 LI team. Also, remember, there are a lot of other events that same time, Jake Reed Blue Chip, Blue Chip 225, etc. so the field may be diluted.

Which one is considered the better event? Brina? Jake Reed Blue Chip? Blue Chip 225? Do college coaches go to all of these?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one is considered the better event? Brina? Jake Reed Blue Chip? Blue Chip 225? Do college coaches go to all of these?

IMHO - they are all about the same, if you would have asked this question last year, Jake Reed would have been one of the top but from what we saw last year, most all the big name showcase events and some first time events last year had a good showing of D1/D3 coaches either work or watching. The choice should be make on your time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get to Maverick Showtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO - they are all about the same, if you would have asked this question last year, Jake Reed would have been one of the top but from what we saw last year, most all the big name showcase events and some first time events last year had a good showing of D1/D3 coaches either work or watching. The choice should be make on your time and money.

I agree, we did a bunch and the same coaches were at most of the events, plus team events like adrenaline. This year skipping all of those and only doing Maverick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, we did a bunch and the same coaches were at most of the events, plus team events like adrenaline. This year skipping all of those and only doing Maverick.

Skipping all the individual Showcases this year, only doing the ones that the club events. Not enough time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree with this approach plus maybe attend Under Armour underclass tryouts which is cheap and coaches flock to the tryouts. Don't need to do more individual showcases in my opinion, maybe a few prospect days as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skipping all the individual Showcases this year, only doing the ones that the club events. Not enough time.

We're only doing Prospect camps. This is the best and cheapest way to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, we did a bunch and the same coaches were at most of the events, plus team events like adrenaline. This year skipping all of those and only doing Maverick. [/quote]

Skipping all the individual Showcases this year, only doing the ones that the club events. Not enough time.[/quote]

We're only doing Prospect camps. This is the best and cheapest way to get recruited. [/quote]

I tried looking up "Prospect Day" on different school websites. ND was the only school which posted the day is in December.

Can someone enlighten me???? Use an example please.

Go to DUKE, click on lacrosse, click on........

All I came up with was a recruit interest form when I looked directly on a school website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT ALL SCHOOLS HAVE THEM. FIND THE SCHOOLS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND THEN LOOK AT THE LACROSSE ASPECT second. IF THEY HAVE A PROSPECT DAY, YOU CAN ATTEND. AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU ITS INVITE ONLY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skipping all the individual Showcases this year, only doing the ones that the club events. Not enough time.[/quote]

We're only doing Prospect camps. This is the best and cheapest way to get recruited. [/quote]

I tried looking up "Prospect Day" on different school websites. ND was the only school which posted the day is in December.

Go to DUKE, click on lacrosse, click on........

All I came up with was a recruit interest form when I looked directly on a school website.
[/quote]

the school websites are not the way to go, if you are looking, for example, duke prospect day, google it, this will provide the correct dukelacrossecampforboys site. this is same with most schools, the camps/prospect info is on a different website. same with 'michigan lacrosse prospect' will lead you to umichlaxcamps site. GOOGLE is your friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D 2 and 3 schools have a surprising number of prospect camps. you can find one most weekends all over new England, penn. weather has postponed some but in you are looking at theses schools its a way to get a tour and play some lacrosse. no invite needed but they fill up early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

send e-mail to all the coaches they may not e-mail you back EXCEPT to send info on the prospect days, also if you fill out the recruit questionnaire on the site that will also get you e-mails about prospect camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't 91 Extreme going to the U15 National Championship this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't 91 Extreme going to the U15 National Championship this year?

has 91 ever gone to U15 National Championships, they did not go last year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any experience with prep school lacrosse showcase
Is it worth the money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 plays all the best teams in there grade no need to play down to a make believe national championship tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 plays all the best teams in there grade no need to play down to a make believe national championship tournament

"Play down?" The U15 Championship? Okay 91 dad - thanks for clearing that up for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is not going because it isn't run by 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax now with 10 D1 commits all to major schools. More coming...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very nice but of those 10 d1 commits,how many got actual money and how many of them is daddy writing a check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine tryouts for 2018 just ended a few hours back. What were peoples thoughts? How were the tryouts? What was talent pool like?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might have a few superstars that wouldn't pass the birth certificate test.... Same reason why Dukes will send 2019 team if they are going this year. For Dukes, most kids on their 2018 team are aged out for this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very nice but of those 10 d1 commits,how many got actual money and how many of them is daddy writing a check

Considering they all had extensive options and were main targets, I'd say odds are pretty good they did well financially. None of them had to scratch and claw for a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine tryouts for 2018 just ended a few hours back. What were peoples thoughts? How were the tryouts? What was talent pool like?

I was shocked at how many of the players were over 6 foot tall and looked like 25 year old men. Lots of facial hair too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was shocked at how many of the players were over 6 foot tall and looked like 25 year old men. Lots of facial hair too

What about positional talent?????? Great that they are big, strong, and hairy, what about staying power on D, quickness at attack and ability to stuff in goal?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the person was being
crass. I thought talent pool looked good. There was a good mix of teams represented. Hope that there wont be politics involved like last year. Certain coaches were not present so I think it will eliminate some of the B.S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the person was being
crass. I thought talent pool looked good. There was a good mix of teams represented. Hope that there wont be politics involved like last year. Certain coaches were not present so I think it will eliminate some of the B.S.

Who was doing the evaluating? Who had the clipboards? Last year not too many notes being taken by those with the clipboards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the evaluators actually looked like they were evaluating, unlike last year. Don't think any of the coaches had affiliation with any of the major club teams. No SL, MC, or anyone else that I recognized. I recall 6 to 7 evaluators. There were not as many kids this year probably 75. Lots of drills and opportunities to see all kids. Then each team played 2 games about 15 to 20 min each. when will they announce who made team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dis you get invited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dis you get invited?

Who are you asking? I personally don't think invites went out yet. If they have my son has not received one.

Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard