BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder finger just jealous cause your kid is not that good and neither is her team so quit hating the better kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a hater, but in high school girls lax you should not leave your starters in the second half with a huge lead. I am not questioning her coaching abilities, but she should take her foot off the gas pedal with a huge lead "Period". I know you Northport parents think someones individual scoring records mean more than showing sportsmanship to the other team, but in my and a great many other parents humble opinions it does not.

Maybe it is time the "Coach" takes her talents to the college level since others from Northport have citied so many lopsided college scores when defending their coach.

Best of luck to all teams the rest of the season, there are a few schools that may be poised to take the crown this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree, CR has no class, she might have lots of wins, but they are classless wins. poor poor sportmanship and a very sore loser . and she is a screaming idiot. i dont know what the guy is watching, he must be mr. cr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know what it is, not one northport kid has any state or LI scoring record. thanks to that kid from WB. CR wants a scoring record, thats why she has kids scoring goals in blowouts, where they shouldnt be in the game. shame on you CR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she tried but didn't get the job.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29-0 florida is unsportsmanlike not the Northport score . It's obvious commacks first string was able to score. Why should Northport sub so Commack kids get the stats against their second string. I watched this happen in the smith town west game . Northport subs an entire team to watch smith town starters score 4 in a row. Where is sportsmanship in that? The loosing team needs to throw in the towel and sub first. Hey Shannon smith scored 15 in a high school game against NOBODY but that's ok??

this comment is from a northport parent, someone with no clue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/21/2012 Mc Donogh vs. Garden City closest we will ever get to a national girls champion. Lets put our petty differences aside and cheer on our Long Island girls, and hope they show those Maryland girls what real real lacrosse looks like.

do you think CR will be at this game??? jealousy.. Northport would should lose to these teams by 20. do you think GC would do that? nah probably pull back at half while score is 12 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's a joke I watch her train all the GC kids when there young and that's why GC is good. Oh and by the way newsday has NPT winning 17 championships since 1995.

Classic riddle. Which came first?
You got some YJ parent giving all the credit of the garden city girls to CR, other parents calling the GC girls the better half of the YJ teams. Who even cares who are better or why. The real issue trying to be discussed here is where does a team take the foot off the pedal in a blowout. I personally like the 6 to 8 goal lead then match a team goal for goal, if you get to 20 and go over, so be it, at least it has the other team on the board in double digits. As far as someone mentioning CR going to college where this kind of behavior is accepted, think again. Look at this Florida win over Fresno, the firestorm surrounding this game makes the northport runup look like nothing. So there really is no place for this kind of poor sportsmanship.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Powder finger just jealous cause your kid is not that good and neither is her team so quit hating the better kids.
I know Powder and her daughter , and she is very good. At least powder is teaching her daughter to stand up and face her protractors, where as you kid has been taught to hide in the shadows and throw out nasty statements about children. Now I know that, in true Yellow Jacket/ Northport fashion your going to start hurling nasty statement about my daughter and I , so just let me say this , Not only has my daughter been playing varsity lacrosse since she was a freshman at a very good lacrosse school, But yes she has been playing on a Liberty Black team where you cant just simply buy your way into the pinnie, and then brag about how she is a part of that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way was at the Good Counsel game parents kids and coaches all got along and pics taken after the game together. Your source is not correct. The team did not travel this year because they have budget constraints not because of lack of invitations or poor behavior. Nice try Though!!
McDonogh, Notre Dame Prep,& St.Pauls, are playing on long island this year, no travel required , Garden City, Farmingdale, Manhasset, Massapiqua, Shorem, ESM Happauge, St. Anthony, & Sacred Hart are all on long island, and your playing The Sachems, Middle Country, & William Floyd. I guess Carol Wants to add to that impressive winning record .And of course Good Counsal Took pics With Carol, they have class.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Rolling my eyes at this response. Whatever, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if you look at Newsday's leading scoring list, other HS programs are racking up the points and pounding their opponents. Point fingers at the other HS coaches.

Northport doesn't even have one girl on the top 25 list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No subs made in Hauppauge blowout with there leading scorer getting 7+. Starters in for Stonybrook getting 10 points. Really that commack score wasn't even bad this is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way was at the Good Counsel game parents kids and coaches all got along and pics taken after the game together. Your source is not correct. The team did not travel this year because they have budget constraints not because of lack of invitations or poor behavior. Nice try Though!!
McDonogh, Notre Dame Prep,& St.Pauls, are playing on long island this year, no travel required , Garden City, Farmingdale, Manhasset, Massapiqua, Shorem, ESM Happauge, St. Anthony, & Sacred Hart are all on long island, and your playing The Sachems, Middle Country, & William Floyd. I guess Carol Wants to add to that impressive winning record .And of course Good Counsal Took pics With Carol, they have class.

They only play them because they have to!! Suffolk schools onlyhaste 2 non league games allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
I know Powder and her daughter , and she is very good. At least powder is teaching her daughter to stand up and face her protractors, where as you kid has been taught to hide in the shadows and throw out nasty statements about children. Now I know that, in true Yellow Jacket/ Northport fashion your going to start hurling nasty statement about my daughter and I , so just let me say this , Not only has my daughter been playing varsity lacrosse since she was a freshman at a very good lacrosse school, But yes she has been playing on a Liberty Black team where you cant just simply buy your way into the pinnie, and then brag about how she is a part of that team.

I believe the word you are looking for is "detractors" not protractors. Liberty dad, you are always good for a laugh!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
29-0 florida is unsportsmanlike not the Northport score . It's obvious commacks first string was able to score. Why should Northport sub so Commack kids get the stats against their second string. I watched this happen in the smith town west game . Northport subs an entire team to watch smith town starters score 4 in a row. Where is sportsmanship in that? The loosing team needs to throw in the towel and sub first. Hey Shannon smith scored 15 in a high school game against NOBODY but that's ok??

this comment is from a northport parent, someone with no clue
I don't know anything about about how many Shannon scored against a high school team, but I sure hope she scores 20 against Florida, 29-0 at any level is , at least , un-sportsman like. I saw someone said 6-8, well i have seen teams come back from that, so that might be too few, I think at 10 , if you can, go goal for goal, and put 2nd stringers in, If they come back a little split the 2nd and 1st stringers. Every coach is different but to score 29 against Fresno is in poor taste. Florida better watch out because they put a target on there back with the big schools still on the schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a hater, but in high school girls lax you should not leave your starters in the second half with a huge lead. I am not questioning her coaching abilities, but she should take her foot off the gas pedal with a huge lead "Period". I know you Northport parents think someones individual scoring records mean more than showing sportsmanship to the other team, but in my and a great many other parents humble opinions it does not.

Maybe it is time the "Coach" takes her talents to the college level since others from Northport have citied so many lopsided college scores when defending their coach.

Best of luck to all teams the rest of the season, there are a few schools that may be poised to take the crown this season.

Not a north port parent- I'm in your division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try coach rose never applied for a college job- go back and find another story to make up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a kid that runs track should slow down so her competitors can almost catch up and then start to run faster again? Heck no she is going to run her little *** of to break a record!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So a kid that runs track should slow down so her competitors can almost catch up and then start to run faster again? Heck no she is going to run her little *** of to break a record!

You are confusing an individual sport with team sports. And as a track parent, I can tell you that there aren't too many PRs when competing against a much weaker opponent. (PR - personal record)

IMHO, if there is a huge discrepancy in scores then that's when the non-starters should get their chance to play and hopefully step up and shine. It's a golden opportunity to develop the bench and boost morale overall. Give the non-starters some game time and let the starters take their turn on the bench, cheering for the team. And FTR, in my perfect world, that would go for both teams, the winner and the loser. If it's not a close game, clear the bench and you can always sub in your starters if it becomes a close game.

I have a kid playing in college, and let me assure you that college coaches are not going to be impressed by big numbers against weak opponents. Is it impressive winning a bracket in a tournament while you're in the weakest bracket? Not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try coach rose never applied for a college job- go back and find another story to make up

I don't believe it either. Why on earth would she take a college job when she makes far more money than she could doing that with her club, tournaments, camps, training, recruiting, etc.......... she is the head of a gigantic money making racket, college coaching would be a step backwards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think thats the best analogy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad

I believe the word you are looking for is "detractors" not protractors. Liberty dad, you are always good for a laugh!!
he might be good for a laugh but he's also not wrong. You just did exactly what he said you would do. I don't know if you keep up with tech, but auto correct is a [lacrosse]. Now you can correct this to professor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only play them because they have to!! Suffolk schools onlyhaste 2 non league games allowed.
O.k. so with that said why only 1 non league game , come on Take William Floyd, or one of the Sachems off, and play someone good. Oh and by the way be careful with your english usage, the Carol Rose english professor is watching, But your probably safe because like him your a Carol Rose flunkie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your problem section 11 mandates they have to play those teams. CR has NO choice. Cant answer why there is only 1 non league, but their Division schedule is not flexible. You obviously are CLUELESS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about something worthwhile. Why did Manhasset coach bench star featured player and take loss to Wantagh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about something worthwhile. Why did Manhasset coach bench star featured player and take loss to Wantagh?

Ugh oh here comes Libertydad with a pithy response know doubt to tell us what happened??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are pathetic Huntington wins 22-6 with one kis scoring 7 goals but no complaints ,how transparent that your jealousy /hatred of CR does not allow you to even consider the truth.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Ugh oh here comes Libertydad with a pithy response know doubt to tell us what happened??
first off "ugh oh", ....and you correct me? second I have no Idea why. Whatever the reason it belongs between Danielle and Halle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about weaker programs make you classless as well. Not every school district have a great feeder program. The girls of these "weak" teams read this as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are pathetic Huntington wins 22-6 with one kis scoring 7 goals but no complaints ,how transparent that your jealousy /hatred of CR does not allow you to even consider the truth.

Your right. Truth is that's bad sporsmanship too, thanks for pointing it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about weaker programs make you classless as well. Not every school district have a great feeder program. The girls of these "weak" teams read this as well.
Unfortunately there are schools that have "weak" lacrosse programs, and most parents here do not wish to offend. I truly believe that if your daughter is in one of these traditionally "weak" Lacrosse schools it is no reflection on her, but more on the district. I personally know girls from these schools that are very talented players and only lack guidance from a talented coach. The districts and unions are to blame for lesser talented coaches being given coaching jobs because of seniority, and because its an easy way for them to make extra money. IMO this is robbing the kids from all sports the opportunity to excel and thrive in a sport that they love. Unfortunately, politics play a large role in High School athletics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you look at Newsday's leading scoring list, other HS programs are racking up the points and pounding their opponents. Point fingers at the other HS coaches.

Northport doesn't even have one girl on the top 25 list.

because 2 good teams shut them down, they got there points in garbage time, wait until they play bayshore hills west islip ward melville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah right ,,, look who you chose to play ,,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true she applied for a local college job, you know it all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try coach rose never applied for a college job- go back and find another story to make up ;

she can still make her club money and coach college, she knows northport going down
ask her if she applied for the adelphi job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys make fun of him, do you even know what pithy means, because to use it in an insult makes you look like the fool you obviously are. using question marks at the end of a statement shows how uneducated you are. Maybe you Carol Rose drones should shut up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea name the school Liar!! Never applied and if she did they would scoop her up in a hot second. She will never apply until she gets her pension she is no fool. Ya think she wants a 30,000.00 a year job how stupid!!!!!!'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching at its best

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yea name the school Liar!! Never applied and if she did they would scoop her up in a hot second. She will never apply until she gets her pension she is no fool. Ya think she wants a 30,000.00 a year job how stupid!!!!!!'
Interesting. You seem to "know" a great deal about this situation. How would you know the salary involved? Did ex-head coach Joe Spallina share this information? Did you get an indication of salary from Adelphi's AD?

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard