BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 168 of 220 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those that are critical of SS coaching ability, today is the first Hofstra game of the season, and this is her first season with the girls she personally recruited....
Let's watch and see how they do...

SS did not recruit the seniors on her team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that are critical of SS coaching ability, today is the first Hofstra game of the season, and this is her first season with the girls she personally recruited....

Thank you Captain Obvious, if this is her first recruiting class, then she hasn't recruited the Juniors or Sophomores either....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Firstly, I think more of the critism is more that she is non existent during the tg season. She may be fine with her girls at hofstra but not on her TG teams. There are girls on her team since the beginning that have never been coached by her. The whole situation is horrible. Her main focus is Definately her hofstra team and looking like a superstar funding hofstra program through all the Tg parents that have their blinders on or if your in one of the few teams she does show her face and coach on. It's a scam!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a perfect scenario there would be qualified adult coaches without personal interest ( a daughter or sister ) in the team who would start with a team early at its inception and see it through till the end.

I don't think any club has this to any great extent, the YJ would certainly be in the forefront of this. The TG would be well served if they invested in better coaches and moved away from the college kid formula.

It's hard to turn down money but I also believe there should only be two teams per age group, keep it smaller concentrate on the kinds who make these teams, get them better. If an atmosphere is created where demand for a spot is greater than the 50 available spots the cost for entry to the club could increase and high pay given to those "top" adult coaches without a personal interst in the team

Just my .02 cents

Even with the above, I am still a big supporter of the club and I have had nothing but a Great experience with the club and the directors....

Take a look at M&D's website, it's exactly what you are describing. Only two teams at each age and every one is coached by a HS coach, many of the assistant coaches are HS coaches too. The model can and does work. I don't think college kids are necessarily bad coaches but you lack coaching continuity through the kids years at TG. I assume the problem is they cost more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Firstly, I think more of the critism is more that she is non existent during the tg season. She may be fine with her girls at hofstra but not on her TG teams. There are girls on her team since the beginning that have never been coached by her. The whole situation is horrible. Her main focus is Definately her hofstra team and looking like a superstar funding hofstra program through all the Tg parents that have their blinders on or if your in one of the few teams she does show her face and coach on. It's a scam!!!

My girls have been with TG for a few years now and I can say that we have received everything we signed up for. Competitive tournaments,practices overseen by SS,and help with recruiting. Certainly did not get scammed. What did you think you were getting when you signed up ? Individual training ? A team bus ? Maybe a ride to practice ? It is what is. Travel lax nothing more ,nothing less/quote]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a perfect scenario there would be qualified adult coaches without personal interest ( a daughter or sister ) in the team who would start with a team early at its inception and see it through till the end.

I don't think any club has this to any great extent, the YJ would certainly be in the forefront of this. The TG would be well served if they invested in better coaches and moved away from the college kid formula.

It's hard to turn down money but I also believe there should only be two teams per age group, keep it smaller concentrate on the kinds who make these teams, get them better. If an atmosphere is created where demand for a spot is greater than the 50 available spots the cost for entry to the club could increase and high pay given to those "top" adult coaches without a personal interst in the team

Just my .02 cents

Even with the above, I am still a big supporter of the club and I have had nothing but a Great experience with the club and the directors....

Take a look at M&D's website, it's exactly what you are describing. Only two teams at each age and every one is coached by a HS coach, many of the assistant coaches are HS coaches too. The model can and does work. I don't think college kids are necessarily bad coaches but you lack coaching continuity through the kids years at TG. I assume the problem is they cost more.

Most, if not all the M&D kids attend 20K/year private schools/lax factories coached by the same people and money is not an object for them - the coaches are getting paid one way or the other on both ends (club & school), I know that you would be happy to pay twice what it currently cost if this model was used here, but most people don't see it that way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my .02 cents

Most, if not all the M&D kids attend 20K/year private schools/lax factories coached by the same people and money is not an object for them - the coaches are getting paid one way or the other on both ends (club & school), I know that you would be happy to pay twice what it currently cost if this model was used here, but most people don't see it that way

Look at the site, about $2000/year HS, $1800 MS/Elementary for a full fall and summer schedule. You say you pay half (900-1000) per year, dues plus tourney fees including 4-5 fall tournaments? I don't think so....and they play in better tournaments too. Check out Skywalkers, Steps, Capital, etc...they all do the same thing. Sounds like you prefer it this way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra Won BTW...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my .02 cents

liberty has only 2 teams per age, but they don't have the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the previous poster meant was that many of those M&D kids go to private schools from 1st to 12th (Mcdonough as an example). HS alone costs $28K a year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Captain Obvious, if this is her first recruiting class, then she hasn't recruited the Juniors or Sophomores either....

This is her third year, how could it be her first class? The prior post was talking about all 4 classes being her recruits for the first time but the seniors are not. Do at least a bit of homework before taking shots at someone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

Not a shot at Hofstra or coach, but "great" should probably be reserved for a win against someone other than New Hampshire...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

Not a shot at Hofstra or coach, but "great" should probably be reserved for a win against someone other than New Hampshire...

Hofstra may get slightly better than pre-SS. That's due to a better pipeline of influence from TG to get some decent players to go there. It is not the school to ever attract top players, so I doubt the team will ever break into the top 20. There is a massive drop in team strength from top 5 teams to those at or around 20 and yet again to the mid level teams. As far as her being a great coach, it is hard to judge by looking at her college experience. With the recruiting process often taking 2 three years before kids arrive as freshman, then four years to fill out all class with her recruits. It takes about 7
years for a collegiate program to become a full reflection of the coaches ability. If she coaches and recruits well you should see some early improvement with new impact freshmen coming in. If she is seriously making a career of college coaching, Hofstra would likely be a stepping stone to better lax schools where she could attract top talent and be a relevant contender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

Hofstra may get slightly better than pre-SS. That's due to a better pipeline of influence from TG to get some decent players to go there. It is not the school to ever attract top players, so I doubt the team will ever break into the top 20. There is a massive drop in team strength from top 5 teams to those at or around 20 and yet again to the mid level teams. As far as her being a great coach, it is hard to judge by looking at her college experience. With the recruiting process often taking 2 three years before kids arrive as freshman, then four years to fill out all class with her recruits. It takes about 7
years for a collegiate program to become a full reflection of the coaches ability. If she coaches and recruits well you should see some early improvement with new impact freshmen coming in. If she is seriously making a career of college coaching, Hofstra would likely be a stepping stone to better lax schools where she could attract top talent and be a relevant contender.

It will always be about the talent and not so much her coaching.
I could coach YJ Blue, just roll out the ball and sub. The big name schools are a magnet for the best players. Mid level schools it's more about recruiting than coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

If it takes 7 years, there may not be a program. The current players do not like SS. She has created a very unhealthy environment at Hofstra. Just ask current players how much they like playing for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Hofstra!

If it takes 7 years, there may not be a program. The current players do not like SS. She has created a very unhealthy environment at Hofstra. Just ask current players how much they like playing for her.

Please enlighten us.. How is the environment unhealthy? What issues do the current players have w SS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very few D1 coaches are loved, the coach and players are under extreme pressure to win and win often. If you daughter is looking for a warm fuzzy coach go to an unranked D3 program where the coach has been there forever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is her third year, how could it be her first class? The prior post was talking about all 4 classes being her recruits for the first time but the seniors are not. Do at least a bit of homework before taking shots at someone.

Exactly, this is her third year as head coach... The prior two years recruits were "signed" by the previous head coach. The freshman class this year (Shannon's third ) was personally recruited by Her. I'm not sure what you don't see.....
There may have been a transfer or two that Shannon influenced in coming to Hofstra in the previous years but this is her first recruiting year...5m9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, cannot think of any other job where you get 7 years before people expect results. Imagine in the NFL if coaches were given that much of a cushion.Sorry but she is a coach , if she is a good coach you should be seeing immediate results with the kids that are there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra finished 2014 ranked 39 with stony brook at #8

Hofstra is playing the 46th strongest schedule in the country this year with a projection to be in the top 25 ranking.

If they crack the top 25 she is doing great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra is playing the 46th strongest schedule in the country this year with a projection to be in the top 25 ranking.

A young woman has been given a chance to Coach A D-1 team right out of College. What could she done to you for you to want her to fail. Hofstra was willing to take a chance on her so be it. This I think will be her 3rd Season, maybe she will succeed, maybe be she won't, But isn't great she was given the opportunity try?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A young woman has been given a chance to Coach A D-1 team right out of College. What could she done to you for you to want her to fail. Hofstra was willing to take a chance on her so be it. This I think will be her 3rd Season, maybe she will succeed, maybe be she won't, But isn't great she was given the opportunity try?

How does "doing great!" translate into wanting her to fail?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen. The problem here is simple. Shannon and Bill sold everyone on Top Guns by promoting Shannon as the marquis personality. She has been more than absent for most of the girls and their teams and that makes people mad. The teams are coached by college kids that don't stay with the teams year after year and don't do much instructing. That makes the quality of each girls experience suffer. There is also almost no recruiting help unless you are a top 5 kid or a special project of Bill or Shannon.
All these things are not said to hammer the TGs. They are all factual and issues that upset people. I will also say that we are switching clubs because of it. Just our preference. I'm sure many will stay but many will leave as well. Free market system right. My advice is to lack at all the clubs and what they have to offer then choose. TG without Shannon... not good for us. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen. The problem here is simple. Shannon and Bill sold everyone on Top Guns by promoting Shannon as the marquis personality. She has been more than absent for most of the girls and their teams and that makes people mad. The teams are coached by college kids that don't stay with the teams year after year and don't do much instructing. That makes the quality of each girls experience suffer. There is also almost no recruiting help unless you are a top 5 kid or a special project of Bill or Shannon.
All these things are not said to hammer the TGs. They are all factual and issues that upset people. I will also say that we are switching clubs because of it. Just our preference. I'm sure many will stay but many will leave as well. Free market system right. My advice is to lack at all the clubs and what they have to offer then choose. TG without Shannon... not good for us. Good luck.

Go back to your yj thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everything have up dp with Yj. I have never met such a big bunch of people that are so stupid. You guys have your head in the sand. You will get nothibg from tg's unless you kiss a little [lacrosse]. Get ready!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, cannot think of any other job where you get 7 years before people expect results. Imagine in the NFL if coaches were given that much of a cushion.Sorry but she is a coach , if she is a good coach you should be seeing immediate results with the kids that are there.

She had an excellent year in her 1st year at Hofstra. Beating Towson in season and losing in Conference finals. Solid... Bit of a sophomore slump last year. They will be solid again this year. Shannon, like Spallina will always have a problem drawing cream of the crop LI talent. Same as Men's programs at those schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the previous poster meant was that many of those M&D kids go to private schools from 1st to 12th (Mcdonough as an example). HS alone costs $28K a year...

What in the world does attending private school have to do with any club's ability to recruit successful HS coaches, keep those coaches for years and maintain coaching continuity throughout the kid's club career? And doing it for a relatively reasonable price. I would agree if these other clubs charged double but they don't, they charge roughly the same fees. You should expect more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everything have up dp with Yj. I have never met such a big bunch of people that are so stupid. You guys have your head in the sand. You will get nothibg from tg's unless you kiss a little [lacrosse]. Get ready!

And you think things are any different at YJ?? Please, the blue team isn't an "[lacrosse] kissing" group?? Sure OK!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lacrosse community in a whole is a bunch of stuck up , cry baby , ******** get a grip on reality and give your daughters a good education. You all are looked at as cowards.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very bad experience with the top gun family. my daughter was injured during her high school season an wasn't able to play during the travel season in fact never attended a single practice. Smith didn't refund a single penny. Beware its all about the money to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very bad experience with the top gun family. my daughter was injured during her high school season an wasn't able to play during the travel season in fact never attended a single practice. Smith didn't refund a single penny. Beware its all about the money to them.

This happened to a girl on my daughters team a couple of years ago with different results. She was given a credit and offered her spot back on the same team the next year. Sounds fair to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to be clear, you directly asked him / her for a refund and they told you No?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard similar stories from YJ and Elevate as well as numerous boys clubs. And yes they all are about the money. But I doubt you had a conversation with BS because they do refund some in this case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard similar stories from YJ and Elevate as well as numerous boys clubs. And yes they all are about the money. But I doubt you had a conversation with BS because they do refund some in this case.

They probably left the next year and then wanted the money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 1 of them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 1 of them!

You should learn to read before you go ahead an respond to something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 1 of them!
why do Yellow jacket parents have to be so nasty and obnoxious, this is why people hate the club, and anybody involved with it. You are not better, just nasty ugly people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 1 of them!

Garden City? Thought you all had more class than that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 168 of 220 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard