BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2015 NCAA Mens Lacrosse Scores and News
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Post scores and news from Mens College Lacrosse.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2015 NCAA Mens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Moly!!!
Holy Cross 13.....Loyola 12

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That IS a shocker… and some bragging rights go to HC from that one!
With that said, so much talent out there goes untapped by the perennial power houses in the early recruiting business… and the lower ranked D1 programs are reaping the benefits!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YALE 10, Maryland 6
Maryland is a train wreck!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YALE 10, Maryland 6

yeah, ever since Channy left.
We have to get our Express back into the Terp land.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YALE 10, Maryland 6

Shouldn't you be back on the 2018 boys thread hammering the Outlaws? This is for older college men. Sorry you don't belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YALE 10, Maryland 6

What did they win when he was there?
They havent won it in decades, and now they are one of the leaders in committing roster spots to 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so right!!!!! The Lower D1's are definitely getting great players by not taking the 8th grade superstars and sitting and waiting for the proven 11th graders,and the late bloomers that got overlooked! Those late bloomers,quite often turn out to be the best players!!! We are going to see more and more of this taking place...i am happy for the programs that get great players that found their homes later in the game!

With that said, so much talent out there goes untapped by the perennial power houses in the early recruiting business… and the lower ranked D1 programs are reaping the benefits!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't you think that there will be more parody in college lacrosse in general due to the growing popularity of the sport. Just look at the sidebar of this screen, how many teams are there drawing talent from Long Island alone. Lets also take into consideration the expansion of the sport in non traditional areas. This introduces a different athlete to the sport that probably never would have had the opportunity to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Don't you think that there will be more parody in college lacrosse in general due to the growing popularity of the sport. Just look at the sidebar of this screen, how many teams are there drawing talent from Long Island alone. Lets also take into consideration the expansion of the sport in non traditional areas. This introduces a different athlete to the sport that probably never would have had the opportunity to play.

I have to agree, I do not think the upsets in the first game of the season really have to do all that much with early commits. I am sure these coaches have been around long enough to NOT start a player that they think did not develop like they expected when they recruited them in 10th grade. Furthermore, the kids that are freshman on the roster now, were not recruited in 9th grade. Is there that much of a difference between a Spring 10th grader and a Fall 11th grader? I suspect as the season rolls on, we will see the better teams on top and a few underdogs rise up as well. The sport is growing and it should be no surprise that more teams will be even more highly competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so right!!!!! The Lower D1's are definitely getting great players by not taking the 8th grade superstars and sitting and waiting for the proven 11th graders,and the late bloomers that got overlooked! Those late bloomers,quite often turn out to be the best players!!! We are going to see more and more of this taking place...i am happy for the programs that get great players that found their homes later in the game!

the current college rosters do not reflect the new super early commits - the college freshman (HS class of 2014) had no 9th grade commits and much smaller number of 10th grade commits, the first 2015 to commit was Ryan Conrad who did not commit until very late spring of 10th grade and at Jake Reed the summer after 10th grade you only had a handful of 2015 committed. You will be better able to evaluate the pro's and con's in about 8 years when these 2018's are juniors and seniors in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I absolutely agree that the sport has grown tremendously,and i also agree that the current players are not a reflection of early recruiting,but I also think that the top D1'S overlook late bloomers and take the more hyped younger recruit,and this will certainly not play into their favor as it will play into the lower d1's and it will catch up with them..as for a differnce between a 10th grader and an 11th grader? I certainly see a difference in growth,maturity,grades and it all comes into play...Especially in a defensive position,where size matters...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to bring this to a shamrock shootout type conversation but what good comes out of the games played in the snow this weekend. Ridiculous. Take nothing away from those games... NOTHING

Totally different game in feb than April May when it counts.

May be good for conversation but not to access what is out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it does. Hopkins always has recruited at the early stages. And look where it's got them. No where and I love it!! The parity in division 1 lacrosse is because of some of these lower division 1 schools getting those late bloomers. I see it already at the 2019 level. Some of these boys are men already and have that physical advantage. And when some of the boys who have great skill but haven't reached their physical maturity catch up these colleges will reap the benefits. And my son is one of those kids who is physically mature now and I'm telling you that he won't be as dominate as he is now come two years from now. And I tell him to be humble now and still work hard because some of those smaller boys will catch up and it won't be as easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it does. Hopkins always has recruited at the early stages. And look where it's got them. No where and I love it!! The parity in division 1 lacrosse is because of some of these lower division 1 schools getting those late bloomers. I see it already at the 2019 level. Some of these boys are men already and have that physical advantage. And when some of the boys who have great skill but haven't reached their physical maturity catch up these colleges will reap the benefits. And my son is one of those kids who is physically mature now and I'm telling you that he won't be as dominate as he is now come two years from now. And I tell him to be humble now and still work hard because some of those smaller boys will catch up and it won't be as easy.

No where? You love it? Number 11 in the country. You must be a national champion player or coach to spout off like that!! 2019 means your kid is a year away from playing his first HS game. Relax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax on what? Because I'm against early recruiting. And that this fall my kid can be recruited already. It's around the corner. Hopkins always over the years has recruited the top players and they haven't won a thing. Fact!! Early recruiting is terrible for this game. Kids should finish two years of high school before they can be recruited.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Army vs Syracuse
3-2 'Cuse with 3 min left in 1st.
Available to view on the Watch ESPN app or ESPN3 online.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax on what? Because I'm against early recruiting. And that this fall my kid can be recruited already. It's around the corner. Hopkins always over the years has recruited the top players and they haven't won a thing. Fact!! Early recruiting is terrible for this game. Kids should finish two years of high school before they can be recruited.

Relax with the Hopkins hasn't gotten anywhere. You love it. Relax with that. You would be thrilled for your kid to have an opportunity to play at that level !

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Army 2 - 'Cuse 4 end of 1st.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Army 4 - Syracuse 5
End of 1st Half
Great game. To watch live download the Watch ESPN App on your iPhone.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Army 9 - Syracuse 11
3 minutes left in game.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
FINAL
Army 9 - Syracuse 12

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola doesn't recruit until 11th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT TRUE - used to be true, not any more - why post if you have no idea what you are talking about? below are the TEN 2017 10th grade Loyola verbals

LOYOLA GREYHOUNDS
No. 24 Aidan Olmstead, A, Corning (N.Y.)
No. 66 Thomas Berger, A/M, Chatham (N.J.)
No. 73 Bailey Savio, F/O, Greenwich (Conn.)
Charlie King, LSM, Lassiter (Ga.)
Kevin Lindley, A, Darien (Conn.)
Dan Wigley, M, Shawnee (N.J.)
Jarett Bonser, D, Deer Park (N.Y.)
Colin McCarthy, M, Xavier (Conn.)
Jack Calderone, LSM/D, Cherry Creek (Colo.)
Matt Benus, M, Syosset (N.Y.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early recruiting does not effect this year at all...Really started in earnest with 2016s getting recruited in 10th grade. 2017 and 2018 were really the first groups of 9th grade recruits. So for all of you blaming early recruiting for the downfall of the game and the power house programs, we will see what happens in 3 or 4 years, not now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No down fall of the game, or any one program … just a more equal distribution of talent among all the programs which makes "upsets" more and more common and decreases the number of passes that the big programs will have during their regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone stop to think that maybe the Holy Cross coaching staff is good at picking talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! A realistic dad, are you allowed on this board?

Seriously though, it is the kids who have dads who don't stress continuing to develop, character and school who end up falling behind. If your son works hard he'll be great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell that to all the 2017s they have recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many schools say one thing and do another. It happens all the time. I have heard top D1 coaches say they won't recruit 9th graders in one breath and in the other they are shaking hands with a 9th graders parent agreeing to a commitment. Look what U Penn did signing a 9th grader. Unheard of for the Ivy's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of my friends kid has verbally committed as a 9th grader this past summer. Top 20 D-1 program. The fathers last words on the subject was "We are still accepting all offers "

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How about this Robert Enright of Hopkins out indefinitely with a knee injury. Could it have been a result of the horrible conditions that many teams played in. There wasn't snow on the field but it was slick due to freezing temps. Many games played were in conditions unsuitable for lacrosse. Especially considering the size of ball that is used.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this Robert Enright of Hopkins out indefinitely with a knee injury. Could it have been a result of the horrible conditions that many teams played in. There wasn't snow on the field but it was slick due to freezing temps. Many games played were in conditions unsuitable for lacrosse. Especially considering the size of ball that is used.

I watched the game and I don't think it had anything to do with the field. He got caught up with another player. However - the conditions this year are the worst I have ever seen them. It's crazy how many games some teams have played in the month of February and we are not even done yet. Coaches need to go back to Wed/Saturday games and star in March. What's the rush?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I didn't watch that game in particular so I didn't see how he was injured. Watching some of these other games was crazy. Hofstra vs Princeton was one where I was shocked they played.

Unlike football where the play can be limited to only three players touching the ball in a given play (Center, QB, and a back or receiver. The purist would never let baseball be played in those conditions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shamrock shootout disscussion on the college thread?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Saturday, February 28, 2015

Army. vs. Lafayette. 12:00 pm
Binghamton. vs. Hobart. 12:00 pm
Bucknell. vs. Colgate. 1:00 pm
Cornell. vs. Albany. 1:00 pm
Duke. vs. Harvard. 12:00 pm. (ESPN 3)
Furman. vs. Air Force. 12:00 pm
Georgetown. vs. Hofstra. 12:00 pm
Hartford. vs. Manhattan. 1:00 pm
High Point. vs. Robert Morris. 11:00 am
Holy Cross. vs. Navy. 3:00 pm
Johns Hopkins. vs. Princeton. 1:00 pm (ESPN3)
Loyola. vs. Lehigh. 2:00 pm
Maryland. vs. Drexel. 12:00 pm
Massachusetts. vs. Brown. 1:00 pm
Michigan. vs. Canisius. 1:00 pm
NJIT. vs. Quinnipiac. 12:00 pm
Notre Dame. vs. Dartmouth. 1:00 pm
Penn State. vs. Penn. 12:00 pm
Richmond. vs. UMBC. 1:00 pm
Rutgers. vs. Monmouth. 12:00 pm
Siena. vs. St. John's. 1:00 pm
Stony Brook. vs. Fairfield. 12:00 pm
UMass Lowell. vs. Wagner. 1:00 pm
Vermont. vs. Boston U. 1:30 pm
Villanova. vs. Delaware. 12:00 pm
Yale. vs. Bryant. 1:00 pm

Home team is listed first. Games at neutral sites are in italics.
When times are shown, they are local to the site of the game.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#18 Princeton upsets #12 John Hopkins 10-7 at Homewood Field in Baltimore.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra drops a tough game to Georgetown 13-11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if hometown hero Craig Berge played for Georgetown?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard