BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice to see three close games today!

Duke 7, Princeton 3
UNC 11, Penn State 8
Syracuse 10, Loyola 7

Anyone have any predictions for Maryland-Northwestern tomorrow?

14-7 MD

NW is outgunned ... their best players are young. I think they will be back, but not tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see three close games today!

Duke 7, Princeton 3
UNC 11, Penn State 8
Syracuse 10, Loyola 7

Anyone have any predictions for Maryland-Northwestern tomorrow?

Northwestern can't win a draw to save their lives this year and shouldn't change tomorrow, can't see how they can win without the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting pressure on the ball and causing turnovers are an art form, some teams can do it and some can't because they don't practice it. Why should a team be rewarded with a possible possession change because of a stall call or shot clock. If your team can't pressure the ball to cause a turn over thats the coaches fault. Now, I am not opposed to shrinking the field in which you are allowed to stall. Use the boys box wnd the old get it in and keep it in rule. That would make it difficult for the offense, and a little easier on the defense, but still need skill on both sides

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting pressure on the ball and causing turnovers are an art form, some teams can do it and some can't because they don't practice it. Why should a team be rewarded with a possible possession change because of a stall call or shot clock. If your team can't pressure the ball to cause a turn over thats the coaches fault. Now, I am not opposed to shrinking the field in which you are allowed to stall. Use the boys box wnd the old get it in and keep it in rule. That would make it difficult for the offense, and a little easier on the defense, but still need skill on both sides

you can still pressure the ball after after it transitions to the other team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Adelphi wins the draw in overtime, stalls, and then plays for one shot? (the winning one).

Get rid of the STALL I don't like seeing keep away

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many goals do you need to win by to win a game?
IS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game different?

You need to win the game , the last game of the season!

Way to go AU Back to Back,
That makes the last 4 championships from Long Island. I saw that the calls were 27 to 6 foul calls against AU in the first half, and they still won the game. That means the Goalie and the Defense never gave up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to the 2015 National Champs!

D1--Maryland
D2--Adelphi
D3-Cortland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

It really should go, except for the parents of the 25 girls on a the winning roster it makes for a painful game to watch as a casual fan. There are many reasons the boys game is more popular and speeding up the girls game would help with popularity. Would also probably add additional goal scorers because you would have to spread it around and have deeper benches due to the pace of the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

Boy I hope so. 8 minutes of keep away and going backwards. Just a terrible ending to a great game. Time for a change.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
say goodbye to the stall

I heard the announcers say the coaches or whoever is meeting in June to discuss this. It really has to go. It turns a great game into a nap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Congratulations to the 2015 National Champs!

D1--Maryland
D2--Adelphi
D3-Cortland

Congratulations to the young women who represented Long Island on all Three Championship Teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
say goodbye to the stall

I heard the announcers say the coaches or whoever is meeting in June to discuss this. It really has to go. It turns a great game into a nap.

According to a poll I recently read a vast majority of coaches are against the shot clock. Who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

According to a poll I recently read a vast majority of coaches are against the shot clock. Who knows.

Probably true ... many coaches are afraid of the unknown and fear they won't be able to coach well in the new era where you can't just play slow down/keep away. The better coaches, I'm sure, are overwhelmingly in favor. Unfortunately, as in many things, the least common denominator often rules the day.

It is time to move the women's game forward. End the stall by any means necessary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

Probably true ... many coaches are afraid of the unknown and fear they won't be able to coach well in the new era where you can't just play slow down/keep away. The better coaches, I'm sure, are overwhelmingly in favor. Unfortunately, as in many things, the least common denominator often rules the day.

It is time to move the women's game forward. End the stall by any means necessary.

Maybe they can at least make them not go behind the restraining line? Passing all the way back the goalie is just ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

Maybe they can at least make them not go behind the restraining line? Passing all the way back the goalie is just ridiculous.

Why do we need baby steps? Either a stall box like boys with no over and back and a time limit to get over restraining line etc. or a shot clock. I like shot clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodbye to the stall

Why do we need baby steps? Either a stall box like boys with no over and back and a time limit to get over restraining line etc. or a shot clock. I like shot clock.

The only thing I can think of why the shot clock is not a great idea is that it may force girls to take unsafe shots just to beat the clock. The boys don't have that issue. Either way, something needs to change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the boys box is already on most fields here is what I suggest, Stall warning only in effect in last 10 minuets of a game, warning in effect when it is apparent that the possessing team is not trying to advance the ball for a shot from anywhere on the field, from onset of call team has 30 seconds to get the ball into box, and keep it there, if the ball or the player carrying the ball leaves the box it's a turnover. The box should be 20 yards from the center of the goal in towards the side out lines, 5 yards back from goal line extended towards the end line, and extending all the way to the restraining line. A shot clock becomes too suggestive. Are they trying to advance the ball? once in the zone, are they really working for a shot? if a shot is taken was it really to score or was it purposely missed to reset the clock? With a small box it is more cut and dry, the player/ball does or does not leave the box. The only suggestive element is, is the team trying to advance the ball prior to the stall call.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard