BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Re: Age Verification
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its just incredible, the U Based system, not a 2 yr U, a 1 yr U, can't be used. It will simply keep everyone on the same equal playing field. Kid isn't doing well in school, not mature enough, I agree , hold him back, do what's best for your sons life, like we all would, however the sports aspect should be aged based, plain and simple. Football, baseball, soccer, hockey, they all have cutoff ages, why is it only this sport that can't seem to get it right. This just dosent seem that hard to do. AUG 31st. The age you are on that day is your team. This way 10 yr olds aren't playing 8 yr olds. I don't underdtand how US lacrosse, can't seem to even try to enforce this fair way to play. All this back and forth, he is older, she is older, your team has 3 holdbacks, my team plays up, back and forth. It would be safer and in the best interest of the sport to do this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ll Lacrosse > US Lacrosse = No teeth, No enforcement.
Cheating = winning = $. Kids = cattle.
Not changing in our kids lifetime.
At least call the cheaters out here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Here's an equation:

Long Island dads

+

Community College

=

Peoplease who need to get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius,

Great way to prove your point.

The word "Peoplease" must come from your Ivy League education. If you are going to try to call someone dumb at least use spell check.

Regards,
Nassau Community College.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Here's an equation:

Long Island dads

+

Community College

=

Your fascination with Junior College and L.I. Dads is fascinating. Your posts are surprisingly weak considering your apparent self proclaimed educational prowess.

For example, #103053 - 01/21/15 10:37 PM "LI dads have crappy tats in person and are the toughest men on the Internet."
#102638 - 01/18/15 06:55 PM "LOL @ LI losers."

You are being laughed at my friend (to reference another one of your posts) and you give my Maryland friends a bad name. Thanks to technology they may know exactly who you are some day.

There are many more JUCO type posts from this repugnant boob.
I doubt you are the person the good people of the Maryland lacrosse community elected to represent them. Your constant juvenile and combative posts make them look as bad and uneducated as you seem to be.
I know many families from both Maryland and Long Island and they are all great people. Consider staying on topic or simply shut your pie hole.
I'm sure your statesman are tired of your ridiculous posts dragging them down.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Here's an equation:

Long Island dads

+

Community College

=

Your fascination with Junior College and L.I. Dads is fascinating. Your posts are surprisingly weak considering your apparent self proclaimed educational prowess.

For example, #103053 - 01/21/15 10:37 PM "LI dads have crappy tats in person and are the toughest men on the Internet."
#102638 - 01/18/15 06:55 PM "LOL @ LI losers."

You are being laughed at my friend (to reference another one of your posts) and you give my Maryland friends a bad name. Thanks to technology they may know exactly who you are some day.

There are many more JUCO type posts from this repugnant boob.
I doubt you are the person the good people of the Maryland lacrosse community elected to represent them. Your constant juvenile and combative posts make them look as bad and uneducated as you seem to be.
I know many families from both Maryland and Long Island and they are all great people. Consider staying on topic or simply shut your pie hole.
I'm sure your statesman are tired of your ridiculous posts dragging them down.

thanks for setting that guy straight
Maryland dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its just incredible, the U Based system, not a 2 yr U, a 1 yr U, can't be used. It will simply keep everyone on the same equal playing field. Kid isn't doing well in school, not mature enough, I agree , hold him back, do what's best for your sons life, like we all would, however the sports aspect should be aged based, plain and simple. Football, baseball, soccer, hockey, they all have cutoff ages, why is it only this sport that can't seem to get it right. This just dosent seem that hard to do. AUG 31st. The age you are on that day is your team. This way 10 yr olds aren't playing 8 yr olds. I don't underdtand how US lacrosse, can't seem to even try to enforce this fair way to play. All this back and forth, he is older, she is older, your team has 3 holdbacks, my team plays up, back and forth. It would be safer and in the best interest of the sport to do this.

Unfortunately here in Maryland I beleive grade base will be hard to change now. If your passion is lacrosse and you have a son, the MIAA private HS league is where the majority want to play. The MIAA league has many players in D1 along with D2 and D3.. Many of the players from MIAA in college along with many current players were held back in school. Private schools in MD have hundreds of held back children in different grades at any one time. Competitive Maryland parents have noticed this along with clubs. and vola..We have age based club league at the youth level now due to this influence. Maryland has no need for this grade base system without the MIAA private schools. The MIAA isnt going anywhere and I suspect grade based youth clubs aren't either here in Maryland. I personally think this is wrong at the youth level . USL should have article after article about the ruining of youth lacrosse and call out the perpetrators of it. School based teams and HS teams should be grade and youth under 15 should be age. Pretty simple concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately here in Maryland I beleive grade base will be hard to change now. If your passion is lacrosse and you have a son, the MIAA private HS league is where the majority want to play. The MIAA league has many players in D1 along with D2 and D3.. Many of the players from MIAA in college along with many current players were held back in school. Private schools in MD have hundreds of held back children in different grades at any one time. Competitive Maryland parents have noticed this along with clubs. and vola..We have age based club league at the youth level now due to this influence. Maryland has no need for this grade base system without the MIAA private schools. The MIAA isnt going anywhere and I suspect grade based youth clubs aren't either here in Maryland. I personally think this is wrong at the youth level . USL should have article after article about the ruining of youth lacrosse and call out the perpetrators of it. School based teams and HS teams should be grade and youth under 15 should be age. Pretty simple concept.

Out here in Colorado some of the high school kids reclassify without changing grades in school. It started last summer, and I haven't seen any success from doing it. There is only one kid with a D1 commit I can think of who is a true reclassify, and he is a big name. To my knowledge every other player from 2015-2017 with a commitment is age-appropriate for their grade, and if some are older they started Kindergarten later.

Teams should follow hockey, birth year and the ability to play UP not down. Players should have the option of specifying grad year and if they are planning to go to prep school after high school on the coach's programs at tourneys. it isn't that complex.

Reclassifying is 100% about club owners wanting to appear better than they are, older teams win games, have been recruited and have been noticed by other parents resulting in more sign ups for the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is insane how sports changed. I think back 25 , 30 yrs ago as a 7th or 8th grader, playing sports. I'm picturing my parents saying to me, you are not going to 9th grade, stay in 8th grade again. Now all my friends move up a grade and I'm repeating. I was a good student and a good athlete, not great. Division 2 lacrosse, B average. I would have been devastated had that happened. It just seems that some of these parents, all they seem to care about is there kid playing division 1 college lacrosse. This isn't baseball, basketball, hockey, football where you can earn a very nice living. Maybe , just maybe one can save 30 percent on tuition in college. To hold an academically sound kid back in 7th or 8th grade, to maybe get 1/3 scholarship. Is it parents who want to brag to their friends or is it actually the right thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is insane how sports changed. I think back 25 , 30 yrs ago as a 7th or 8th grader, playing sports. I'm picturing my parents saying to me, you are not going to 9th grade, stay in 8th grade again. Now all my friends move up a grade and I'm repeating. I was a good student and a good athlete, not great. Division 2 lacrosse, B average. I would have been devastated had that happened. It just seems that some of these parents, all they seem to care about is there kid playing division 1 college lacrosse. This isn't baseball, basketball, hockey, football where you can earn a very nice living. Maybe , just maybe one can save 30 percent on tuition in college. To hold an academically sound kid back in 7th or 8th grade, to maybe get 1/3 scholarship. Is it parents who want to brag to their friends or is it actually the right thing to do.

It is rarely 30% . Most big time boys D 1 programs have 40-50 kids on the roster. With a fully funded D1 program only allowed to give out 12.6 scholarships how much of the pie can each kid get? Look at Syracuse men's roster they have 59 athletes on it. The top 30 kids are probably getting a 20% piece with the top 4 or 5 getting 50% athletic $. That leaves the bottom 29 paying their way that's just the reality of it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading many of the posts I believe an aged based system can work. USL has to be the governing body which can make as many different regions (areas) as needed. Kids would have to go to their USL area and get a ID card with picture and birthdate . Once that happens each coach before any game played shows the cards to the opposing coach and verifies each player with the ID card. This is done very quickly and would eliminate any older kids playing on this team. Should be done up until 14 or 15. Football does it all the time and they also have to weigh in. It does not take long at all. Will USL do this? Probably not, which is very disappointing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly... PAL wont even do this. And they are the governing body that does it for football. Not sure why the resistance. Even if there is an additional cost, how much more could it be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly... PAL wont even do this. And they are the governing body that does it for football. Not sure why the resistance. Even if there is an additional cost, how much more could it be?

I think the 2019 class is about to receive a wake up call. As the 2019 kids attend tryouts and showcases, they along with their parents will become increasingly irate as they are matched up with and perhaps losing spots to kids who were held back. This is a blight on the sport.

There is a parent on my sons team who held his son back and seems so damn proud of it. I've been biting my tongue, but I think that ends soon. Cheating is cheating. I just hope it motivates my legitimate age son to put more time in and out work the cheaters. That's the lesson I will reinforce. Whining won't change a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse came up with aug 31st as a cutoff date. I just don't see why they can't enforce that date. Why is it hard for them to see this. It makes youth lacrosse more safe and fair. For example,Watching an 11 yr old play really well against a 9 and 10 yr old team. I as that kids parent would be happy my son played well, but in the back of my head, I'd be saying he did it against younger kids. Whether one wants to admit it or not, it puts a little asterik next to that players performance. Having a cutoff date that is enforced eliminates that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the 2019 class is about to receive a wake up call. As the 2019 kids attend tryouts and showcases, they along with their parents will become increasingly irate as they are matched up with and perhaps losing spots to kids who were held back. This is a blight on the sport.

There is a parent on my sons team who held his son back and seems so damn proud of it. I've been biting my tongue, but I think that ends soon. Cheating is cheating. I just hope it motivates my legitimate age son to put more time in and out work the cheaters. That's the lesson I will reinforce. Whining won't change a thing.

One has to wonder how these parents and kids will feel if Johnny ends without his big D1 commit. It is crazy. I know a ton of players who are age appropriate early commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One has to wonder how these parents and kids will feel if Johnny ends without his big D1 commit. It is crazy. I know a ton of players who are age appropriate early commits.

How are these kids supposed to learn how to overcome adversity?
Its so very sad. Daddy can't always make a call or manipulate a situation to their benefit. This is how our society is creating maladjusted monsters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
For every team you play. You pay for membership. enough dropping varsity players down at tournaments to help jv. Enough bending the rules. Guess it's worth teaching kids to be corrupt because most careers are these days. Way to go strong island. When you can't win on your own merit. Cheat

By far this is not a Long Island only issue, by even stating that shows your ignorance. The issue at hand is can we parents band together and make a change to the systems. Are we willing to contact the clubs, the tournament organizers & the USLacrosse to address this problem.

Lax is getting to be big business. It's time the overseeing authorities makes a stand to correct this.

My son's team is playing in the U-15 National Championship and I had to upload his birth certificate for age verification on the US Lacrosse site....so they have the technology......

But that's the only tournament I know that does that. It's good to know the technology is there but I have yet to see it in widespread use. Even two years ago when my daughter went to U15s, we just handed a copy of the birth cert to her coach.

I could retouch a scan of a birth certificate in two seconds as could anyone wirh minimal photoshop skills. Each kid should be issued a US Lax photo ID. Hockey does it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

My son's coach believes we are playing in a MadLax tournament this summer that will also be attended by Edge Lacrosse. Hopefully I'll get to see first hand the size difference. Does anyone know if they are still registering teams one year younger than actual in tournaments? [/quote]

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats for his success against younger and smaller compition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure he's been playing with 2015s for a few years too. But you're right, he's a cheater

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's coach believes we are playing in a MadLax tournament this summer that will also be attended by Edge Lacrosse. Hopefully I'll get to see first hand the size difference. Does anyone know if they are still registering teams one year younger than actual in tournaments? [/quote]

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them.[/quote]

Wow, imagine that. A Club Team cheats, and people have the gall to complain about it?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them. [/quote]

How does a player's verbal commitment justify an entire program cheating? Edge Lacrosse registers their teams DOWN a year. No holdbacks, they have simply decided to give their teams an "Edge" by playing against younger teams. How the heck is that even permitted by tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ in 3d is now $5,500 per team for HS rising 9th through 11th grade teams. More than twice the fare for divisions below. Other tournaments are easily taking in $1,500-$2,500 per day per team at these summer events. It is basically a free for all money grab. That is your answer. Edge's program money is just as green. If we are waiting for a morality play to come in, don't go on believing it will be conceived by the club guys having a conscience. We're past that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it goes even further than club, some of these highly moral schools do not even follow a conscience.

Those Mid Atlantic school that are ranked top 10 - are those really High Schools or Prep Schools. Prep schools should be ranked with prep, why because they cater to the holdback, there is a purpose for it and I am okay with that but don't judge them against the regular High Schooler or town population.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one get an offer to an ivy league school? Love to hear this answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's coach believes we are playing in a MadLax tournament this summer that will also be attended by Edge Lacrosse. Hopefully I'll get to see first hand the size difference. Does anyone know if they are still registering teams one year younger than actual in tournaments?

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them. [/quote]

How does a player's verbal commitment justify an entire program cheating? Edge Lacrosse registers their teams DOWN a year. No holdbacks, they have simply decided to give their teams an "Edge" by playing against younger teams. How the heck is that even permitted by tournaments?[/quote]

I have to say that I find it appalling to watch this current trend of hold-back kids and cheat-back teams in Canada.

The Canadian teams that I played, and later coached against, had the box-lax toughness and relished the challenge of playing the American teams, age-appropriate.

What kind of lessons are they teaching nowadays?

I would love to hear what Mike French, Stan Cockerton, the Gaits, etc have to say about the Edge program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one get an offer to an ivy league school? Love to hear this answer.

And therein lies the rub. This post may as well have come from a UPenn admissions director. I believe the coaches at Ivy schools are given a per diem number of slots for kids to sponsor through the admission process. That does not mean that the kid will be admitted, but means a preference will be given. Literally translated, if the kid has the highest grade and scores rankings it is no problem. If the kid sprinkles Bs in transcripts and has only above average but not exceptional scores, and worse has no extracurricular activity aside from being a lacrosse player the admissions offices can deny admission. It has happened already in the 2015 HS class that some Ivy verbals from their soph year of HS were denied and have shuffled to commit elsewhere. Now that Ivy coaches are making verbal arrangements with 9th graders you can expect that trend to extend and to increase. It is really irresponsible to tell a 9th grader with no academic credentials or scores he is headed to an Ivy or a Hopkins or the like. I am guessing the Ivy League will curb this sooner than the NCAA will. It does not seem possible to me that admissions directors are anything but negative on such verbal commitments being made to kids so young before they exhibit they are qualified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's coach believes we are playing in a MadLax tournament this summer that will also be attended by Edge Lacrosse. Hopefully I'll get to see first hand the size difference. Does anyone know if they are still registering teams one year younger than actual in tournaments?

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them.

How does a player's verbal commitment justify an entire program cheating? Edge Lacrosse registers their teams DOWN a year. No holdbacks, they have simply decided to give their teams an "Edge" by playing against younger teams. How the heck is that even permitted by tournaments?[/quote]

I have to say that I find it appalling to watch this current trend of hold-back kids and cheat-back teams in Canada.

The Canadian teams that I played, and later coached against, had the box-lax toughness and relished the challenge of playing the American teams, age-appropriate.

I would love to hear what Mike French, Stan Cockerton, the Gaits, etc have to say about the Edge program. [/quote]

not sure what they would say about Edge, Mark Cockerton 24 when he graduated from UVA. Gaits and I have the exact same bday but they started and finished a year later. Maracheck is just a year younger and he was a freshman when paul and gary were seniors. this is not a new phenomenon - in Canada or us. just accelerated and more attention

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does a player's verbal commitment justify an entire program cheating? Edge Lacrosse registers their teams DOWN a year. No holdbacks, they have simply decided to give their teams an "Edge" by playing against younger teams. How the heck is that even permitted by tournaments?

I would love to hear what Mike French, Stan Cockerton, the Gaits, etc have to say about the Edge program. [/quote]

not sure what they would say about Edge, Mark Cockerton 24 when he graduated from UVA. Gaits and I have the exact same bday but they started and finished a year later. Maracheck is just a year younger and he was a freshman when paul and gary were seniors. this is not a new phenomenon - in Canada or us. just accelerated and more attention [/quote]

That may be true, but I know for a fact the Gaits played UP in their youth and were PG after high school. Big difference than playing DOWN a year when you are 13 or 14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm coaching a 2019 team this summer and we as a program have already discussed how to handle any games we have this summer against Edge Lacrosse or any other team playing down. We will go on the attack. We have two poles are large, strong and extremely physical and unfortunately we have to protect some of our smaller players. We will unleash our beasts and instruct them to intimidate, be overly physical and slide early and finish with every once of nastiness you've got. We will change our slide package and early in games we will look to scare the heck out of these older kids. Sound like hockey? Its the only thing I could think of because a few of our attackmen are on the small side and I don't want to see our guys get brutalized by older thugs. Hit first and hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has become of youth sports. When did it get like this. Crazy, how some of these parents get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are graduating high school at 20 yrs old. Insane. It used to 17 or 18. Now 20 is not uncommon. Look at that preseason high school top 10. Avon, haverford, boys latin etc. 20 yr old freshman, look at those photos, they look like grown men. Plus 150 grand to go there. All to get an edge in lacrosse. I'm a middle class kid from long island, now in his 40s , I guess I just can't relate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are graduating high school at 20 yrs old. Insane. It used to 17 or 18. Now 20 is not uncommon. Look at that preseason high school top 10. Avon, haverford, boys latin etc. 20 yr old freshman, look at those photos, they look like grown men. Plus 150 grand to go there. All to get an edge in lacrosse. I'm a middle class kid from long island, now in his 40s , I guess I just can't relate.

I'm also a middle class kid from WI LI, 34 years old and I am completely disgusted by what has happened to lacrosse over the last 5+ years. It has so rapidly devolved into a any-cost scramble for the elusive D1 roster spot. I played D2 and enjoyed every second of my time in college. I can't imagine being one of the 60 players praying for playing time. I forgot to mention, I graduated with $16,000 in debt and began working in the financial industry within 3 month of graduation. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience. Please people, think through your decisions and don't force kids to rush through their teen years. Let them enjoy the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm coaching a 2019 team this summer and we as a program have already discussed how to handle any games we have this summer against Edge Lacrosse or any other team playing down. We will go on the attack. We have two poles are large, strong and extremely physical and unfortunately we have to protect some of our smaller players. We will unleash our beasts and instruct them to intimidate, be overly physical and slide early and finish with every once of nastiness you've got. We will change our slide package and early in games we will look to scare the heck out of these older kids. Sound like hockey? Its the only thing I could think of because a few of our attackmen are on the small side and I don't want to see our guys get brutalized by older thugs. Hit first and hard.

GET A LIFE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again those are prep schools not high schools they should not be compared. There is a place for them but not against HS's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I say go get three huge poles from your local High school and put them on the team against Edge. If Edge complains tell them all three intend to do missionary work for several years prior to entering college. Works for Edge should work for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if we meet edge my team will play. its a win /win for a 2019 team.win you beat an older team (we will win )lose oh well good tune up for next year at j.v.all on age players should play like you belong. its edge and all the holdbacks who dont belong. send them home wishing they stayed back in kindergarten too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I say go get three huge poles from your local High school and put them on the team against Edge. If Edge complains tell them all three intend to do missionary work for several years prior to entering college. Works for Edge should work for you.

My thinking is they are accustomed to having their way with smaller, less experienced kids (I hunted down some online video). Go on the attack from the first whistle with our biggest, strongest most athletic kids, be more physical, cause a few TOs, play outstanding defense and perhaps they start playing from their heals. If we get a decent lead, slow things down.

To the fella who posted "Get a Life", I await your game planning suggestion. Consider my post about protecting a few smaller attackmen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did a coach in a youth sport really write this? Hitting is the least interesting or exciting part of lacrosse, and in my opinion stick checks and well placed body contact is a part of the game...but seeking out to lay a hard line on an opponent with physicality and trying to make a point to hit first and hit hard (or coach that up) has no place in this sport. All of these kids are a concussion away from losing a place on the field in a game they enjoy. This sport lacks a lot of things that make it a clean and sportsmanlike game we all would like to see, but reading this post is a reminder that we have a long ways to go. Just shameless and sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did a coach in a youth sport really write this? Hitting is the least interesting or exciting part of lacrosse, and in my opinion stick checks and well placed body contact is a part of the game...but seeking out to lay a hard line on an opponent with physicality and trying to make a point to hit first and hit hard (or coach that up) has no place in this sport. All of these kids are a concussion away from losing a place on the field in a game they enjoy. This sport lacks a lot of things that make it a clean and sportsmanlike game we all would like to see, but reading this post is a reminder that we have a long ways to go. Just shameless and sad.

What choice do I have, but to be physical early against an older team? I'm not saying I'm going to instruct anyone to hurt another player or cheap it up. We need to set the tone early and then play our game. Have you looked at the photos posted on the thread of the 2019 Edge team? You are worried about their safety?

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard