BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to bring in this conversation the competence of varsity coaches. I will admit I do not like how some coaches are aggressive like Carol Ross from Northport. However my hat goes off to her. Her team respects her and watching the player they know what she wants from them on the field. Her girls play very aggressive but seem to play by the rules. I was also watching Bay Shore the other day and those girls are less aggressive but are always after the ball and dominate on ball control.

I do feel sorry for the girls on the Smithtown Team there coach seems to have no control of them and most importantly of her-self. I know this because my daughter plays on the team and the Coach seems to demands respect but doesn’t show it. She goes off on them saying things like she’s better than them and that she the one that has a NCAA Championship. At one point after losing to Walt Whitman she took away a team “T” shirt that we the parents paid for saying that they don’t deserve to wear it. I must admit they did play petty bad that day but is that a reflection on the girls or the Coach?

Does anyone else have these problems????
sound like the coach is very immature and isn't ready to coach at that level yet. what year did she win at the college level, and what team did she play for

Not sure I think she was the coach. It was about 20 years ago.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference is that all of those other schools did not have their star player put up 10 goals against a weaker team. It was 11-3 at halftime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to bring in this conversation the competence of varsity coaches. I will admit I do not like how some coaches are aggressive like Carol Ross from Northport. However my hat goes off to her. Her team respects her and watching the player they know what she wants from them on the field. Her girls play very aggressive but seem to play by the rules. I was also watching Bay Shore the other day and those girls are less aggressive but are always after the ball and dominate on ball control.

I do feel sorry for the girls on the Smithtown Team there coach seems to have no control of them and most importantly of her-self. I know this because my daughter plays on the team and the Coach seems to demands respect but doesn’t show it. She goes off on them saying things like she’s better than them and that she the one that has a NCAA Championship. At one point after losing to Walt Whitman she took away a team “T” shirt that we the parents paid for saying that they don’t deserve to wear it. I must admit they did play petty bad that day but is that a reflection on the girls or the Coach?

Does anyone else have these problems????

This is why travel/club lacrosse is so great. On PAL and school teams you are stuck with whatever coach is put in the position. It can be quite a bad situation for some. Travel, you at least have a little bit of choice and some wiggle room, not saying that all travel coaches are good, but at least your not stuck playing for someone like you mentioned. Plus the level of play on the travel teams is way, way beyond the school/ town leauges and this goes for the coaching on a whole as well. My view of school and town ball is it is just extra field time in preparation for the summer tournaments.

That’s how we are looking at it. I just hope my daughter doesn’t pick any bad habits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team has a horrible coach who thinks the more he yells and berates them, the better they will do. There is rarely any positive reinforcement. And the more advanced the player, the worse he treats them. All the girls are so afraid to make any mistakes. And forget it if he knows a girl wants to play in college - every time they make a mistake he'll tell them how colleges don't recruit girls like that or I can't believe you think you can play in college. BTW, the team has a losing record, so i guess his tactics don't work. I'd love to say something to him or write a letter to the athletic director but know he would take it out on my daughter. Thank goodness for the club teams.

I feel I'm in the same boat can't say anything or they will take out on the kids. It's nice to be Anonymous. cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team has a horrible coach who thinks the more he yells and berates them, the better they will do. There is rarely any positive reinforcement. And the more advanced the player, the worse he treats them. All the girls are so afraid to make any mistakes. And forget it if he knows a girl wants to play in college - every time they make a mistake he'll tell them how colleges don't recruit girls like that or I can't believe you think you can play in college. BTW, the team has a losing record, so i guess his tactics don't work. I'd love to say something to him or write a letter to the athletic director but know he would take it out on my daughter. Thank goodness for the club teams.

I'm sure its not want people want to see on this thread that is dedicated to school ball, but school ball is pretty much a joke. Now there are a couple programs and coaches worth a $#!+, but way too many are road kill which is obvious by to 20 something to near nothing scores we see. Pretty much all the school teams that are good is because they have a high content of travel players. But hey, they all have to play school ball.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good news for you is that if your daughter is thinking of going to college to play, This dope will have little effect on her chances. It's all about the club season for recruiting. Can you say what school she is in. Maybe the B.O.T.C. community can come together through all our differences and help you out. I really hate coaches like that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These were the wins put up by Middle Country, West Babylon, Half Hollow Hills, Bay Shore, Garden City, Ward Melville, and Farmingdale on Wednesday. The difference is that while Northport did put up 22 goals, Commack had the ability to move the ball and score posting 8 goals themselves. That 22-8 game was a "closer" event than any of these seven from yesterday.

yeah right , Middle Country, West Babylon, HHH, Bayshore. Garden City, Ward Melville and Farmingdale didn't have anyone put up 10 goals. that is an embarassment and a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not the kids fault, the coaching staff should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not the PAL there is nothing to be ashamed up!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, April 5th Results

Manhasset in Overtime versus Notre Dame Prep (MD), 10-9
Hew Hyde Park over Valley Stream, 19-7
Sacred Heart edges North Shore, 16-15
South Side over Lynbrook, 16-11

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's trying to produce an all time record breaker. It is okay for a kid to score ten in a close game, but in all out route, classless (on the coaches part).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's trying to produce an all time record breaker. It is okay for a kid to score ten in a close game, but in all out route, classless (on the coaches part).

Let the kid play the whole game not sit the bench because she is too good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are pathetic, who cares who scores the goals, the question is if running up the score is acceptable or not.My daughters team played a much lesser team this past monday and scored 22 goals. I was told the other program has been varsity for a very short time.My daughter told me the game was out of reach early but they still face guarded the other teams only good player and one of the girls attempted a long range shot with time running out.Even she felt bad, the coach should be embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you can play the whole game but how about an assist instead of going to the cage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure that there is nothing that Carol Rose would like more than for someone to break al Shannon Smith's NYS records, that's who she is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i watched them play Northport and it was a joke. their supposedly best player does not hustle and only played hard when the subs came in.Then she scored. It starts at the middle school level, with a coach on his cell phone the whole practice! thank god for summer ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In refrence to the prior posts from parents complaining about coaches screaming at the girls thinking it will compel the players to be better, take a look at how the St. Anthonys girls coaches behave. They are stern but not crazy, calm but not soft, and they get big results. I believe 13 of the 14 seniors have collage commitments to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are pathetic, who cares who scores the goals, the question is if running up the score is acceptable or not.My daughters team played a much lesser team this past monday and scored 22 goals. I was told the other program has been varsity for a very short time.My daughter told me the game was out of reach early but they still face guarded the other teams only good player and one of the girls attempted a long range shot with time running out.Even she felt bad, the coach should be embarrassed.

Great response. Even a parent and a player on the winning team can see this is not right. These blowouts are an opportunity for teams to work on quickstick passing, long range passing around the circle or a million other things. To keep stars going to goal and face gaurding other players once the game is in hand is terrible sportsmanship. Sadly a coaches bad policy has to reflect on players who do not agree with it. Put it on the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In refrence to the prior posts from parents complaining about coaches screaming at the girls thinking it will compel the players to be better, take a look at how the St. Anthonys girls coaches behave. They are stern but not crazy, calm but not soft, and they get big results. I believe 13 of the 14 seniors have collage commitments to play lacrosse.

Screaming coaches are fine, it all depends how and what they are screaming. Some are screaming play calls and adjustments, some are screaming support and praise, then some are screaming at the players. To scream once in a blue moon on a mistake is one thing, some coaches just scream nasty, negative things directed at the girls all game/practice long. One of my daughters has a coach like this, it is a bad situation for all the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure that there is nothing that Carol Rose would like more than for someone to break al Shannon Smith's NYS records, that's who she is

And why should that not be every players goal? Smith is an amazing player and she broke someone se's record. Get a life you bash coach rose and now you want to bash a player who happens to be the top ranked player in the US. She is making a statement after her poor showing from north ports loss. Smith would do the same no doubt about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the one who wrote about my daughter's terrible coach. My kids have had many coaches throughout the years, both through travel teams & school, never have I seen a coach as bad as this one. This is not constructive screaming, it is nasty and meant to embarrass the players. He has actually said he wants to "[lacrosse] them off" so they play better. So far this has been a losing strategy for him. Good players have actually quit the varsity team because of him. It would be great if he took some inspiration from the many successful coaches around, but I doubt that will happen. The St. Anthony's team is a totally different group of girls than my daughter's team. I'd say maybe only 2 or 3 girls on her team have any desire to play in college and the rest pretty much pick up their sticks only March-May. This is not a knock on the girls, they are nice kids, it's just completely different type of team. What is unfortunate is that some of these girls are pretty athletic and if they had better coaching and positive reinforcement they would probably enjoy the sport more and develop as players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And why should that not be every players goal? Smith is an amazing player and she broke someone se's record. Get a life you bash coach rose and now you want to bash a player who happens to be the top ranked player in the US. She is making a statement after her poor showing from north ports loss. Smith would do the same no doubt about it.

This is not really about the player, who is quite capable, we get that. It's more a reflection of poor sportsmanship on the coaches part. A player is going to go all out unless told otherwise. She was clearly not told otherwise. So if the coach is looking to pile on the stats, feasting on a weak team is the way to do it. Mission accomplished, doesn't mean the rest of us need to agree with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not really about the player, who is quite capable, we get that. It's more a reflection of poor sportsmanship on the coaches part. A player is going to go all out unless told otherwise. She was clearly not told otherwise. So if the coach is looking to pile on the
stats, feasting on a weak team is the way to do it. Mission accomplished, doesn't mean the rest of us need to agree with it.

29-0 florida is unsportsmanlike not the Northport score . It's obvious commacks first string was able to score. Why should Northport sub so Commack kids get the stats against their second string. I watched this happen in the smith town west game . Northport subs an entire team to watch smith town starters score 4 in a row. Where is sportsmanship in that? The loosing team needs to throw in the towel and sub first. Hey Shannon smith scored 15 in a high school game against NOBODY but that's ok??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not really about the player, who is quite capable, we get that. It's more a reflection of poor sportsmanship on the coaches part. A player is going to go all out unless told otherwise. She was clearly not told otherwise. So if the coach is looking to pile on the
stats, feasting on a weak team is the way to do it. Mission accomplished, doesn't mean the rest of us need to agree with it.

29-0 florida is unsportsmanlike not the Northport score . It's obvious commacks first string was able to score. Why should Northport sub so Commack kids get the stats against their second string. I watched this happen in the smith town west game . Northport subs an entire team to watch smith town starters score 4 in a row. Where is sportsmanship in that? The loosing team needs to throw in the towel and sub first. Hey Shannon smith scored 15 in a high school game against NOBODY but that's ok??

I guess the entire country is unsportsmanlike

04/06 NJ Allentown, NJ 19, Jackson Liberty, NJ 1
04/05
** Bingham (UT) 17, Chaparral, AZ (AZ) 0

CA El Dorado 20, Newport Harbor 7
CO Centaurus 22, Green Mountain 4
FL Park Vista 23, W.T. Dwyer 4
FL Winter Springs 20, Lyman 4
IL New Trier 20, Deerfield, IL 2
MA Duxbury 17, North Quincy 0
MA Masconomet 19, North Reading 4
MA Westford Academy 20, Waltham 9
NJ Howell 20, Manalapan 7
NJ Kinnelon 20, Wayne Hills 6
NJ Lenape 17, Ocean City 2
NJ Moorestown 19, New Egypt 1
NJ Randolph, NJ 18, Warren Hills 8
NJ Red Bank Catholic 19, Neptune 5
NJ Washington Township 17, Haddonfield 4
NY Niskayuna 21, Ballston Spa 2
NY Shaker 19, Burnt Hills-Ballston Lk 2
NY Tappan Zee 20, Valley Central 8
OR Oregon City 18, Riverdale, OR 2
PA Cocalico 22, Lampeter-Strasburg 6
PA Garnet Valley 20, West Chester East 5
PA Kennard-Dale 24, Central [lacrosse] 3
PA Mt. St. Joseph Acad 22, Nazareth Academy SG 1
PA Notre Dame Acad, PA 21, Villa Maria Academy 7
RI Barrington, RI 15, Mt. Hope 1
TN Hutchison School 22, Houston, TN 9
TX Coppell 19, Colleyville Heritage 6
VA Collegiate School 15, Bishop Sullivan 4
VA St. Anne's-Belfield 18, Covenant School 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carole, please go back to monitoring the YJ's thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess all teams do this especially playing non conference games. My D team was assaulted by another team during a non conference game. The parents of the opposing team in the stands were very vocal and really took pleasure in the pounding and not just cheering but abusive. The girls heard it. The opposing coach KNEW my D team was clearly for stat building for her girls. After the game in as much said it.
This was not a YJ or Liberty team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/21/2012 Mc Donogh vs. Garden City closest we will ever get to a national girls champion. Lets put our petty differences aside and cheer on our Long Island girls, and hope they show those Maryland girls what real real lacrosse looks like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carole, please go back to monitoring the YJ's thread

No Carol here just parents who know a thing or two about sports and how real competitors think. Go back in your hole and play tiddly winks if you don't want to see athletic girls playing one if the toughest games out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is one of the toughest games out there, But that is all the more reason for GOOD Sportsmanship. The other team is also playing the "Toughest" game. Every other coach pulled the starters at half time, not Northport. The coaches and the ten goal scorer's personal goals are more important than Sportsmanship. It may happen this year some team drops a Twenty on Your team, then what will you post?????.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/21/2012 Mc Donogh vs. Garden City closest we will ever get to a national girls champion. Lets put our petty differences aside and cheer on our Long Island girls, and hope they show those Maryland girls what real real lacrosse looks like.
Does anyone know where tis game will be played

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hahaha, check out basketball and S. Zambrotta. She scored a bazillion points in a game (I forget, maybe 60?) and her teammates, in total, scored in the single digits. THis was against a crap team but she wanted the numbers so the coach let her run them up. That netted her MSG Varsity coverage and Newsday coverage and it was a joke. In the basketball world, it was viewed very negatively, much as many of us see Northport/CR/CF right now.

Some people need to inflate their numbers for their own sense of self-worth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is one of the toughest games out there, But that is all the more reason for GOOD Sportsmanship. The other team is also playing the "Toughest" game. Every other coach pulled the starters at half time, not Northport. The coaches and the ten goal scorer's personal goals are more important than Sportsmanship. It may happen this year some team drops a Twenty on Your team, then what will you post?????.
It is just further proof that, IMO, Carol Rose is nothing but a bully. Since her loss to to a mediocre West Babylon team, She has hung 12 plus goal victories on Smithtown west (1-3) And Commack (2-3). Sounds like someone doesn't know how to win with class. Surprise,surprise, Carol Rose has no class. Its also the reason why she only plays teams from the Island, and all but 1 game in the section, where they have no choice but to play her. all the better teams , McDonogh, St.Anthony's, Notre Dame Prep, Farmingdale, Darrien, Manhasset, will not play her because shes dirty and classless. Last year I happened to have the luck to have a conversation with a bunch of parents from Good Counsel , who Northport played last year, And they told me that she was "screaming like an Idiot, the woman has no class". the assured me that they would never play Northport ever again. She still has to play Ward Melville, Bay Shore, West Islip,and Wantaugh, I hope all 4 teams hang 12 plus goals on her. I also hope the Garden City girls realize that Carol Rose the Yellow Jackets and Northport are the ones reaping the benefits from there skill. Start you own club or play for another and lets watch Carol Rose crumble. "KILL THE BEE"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone forget to sign out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is just further proof that, IMO, Carol Rose is nothing but a bully. Since her loss to to a mediocre West Babylon team, She has hung 12 plus goal victories on Smithtown west (1-3) And Commack (2-3). Sounds like someone doesn't know how to win with class. Surprise,surprise, Carol Rose has no class. Its also the reason why she only plays teams from the Island, and all but 1 game in the section, where they have no choice but to play her. all the better teams , McDonogh, St.Anthony's, Notre Dame Prep, Farmingdale, Darrien, Manhasset, will not play her because shes dirty and classless. Last year I happened to have the luck to have a conversation with a bunch of parents from Good Counsel , who Northport played last year, And they told me that she was "screaming like an Idiot, the woman has no class". the assured me that they would never play Northport ever again. She still has to play Ward Melville, Bay Shore, West Islip,and Wantaugh, I hope all 4 teams hang 12 plus goals on her. I also hope the Garden City girls realize that Carol Rose the Yellow Jackets and Northport are the ones reaping the benefits from there skill. Start you own club or play for another and lets watch Carol Rose crumble. "KILL THE BEE"

Soo jealous of CR what a shame your the classless looser to write such stupidity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Rose is doing something right one of the top coaches in the country. Thats why her club and HS team are successful. Just because she is a WINNER you feel the need to make FALSE statements to bring her down. She is not a bully, dirty or classless but to the contrary a Class Act!! Oh and by the way she is NO SCREAMING IDIOT. The only idiot is YOU for writing a tasteless, disgusting comments on this board. Best of Luck to the Tigers.

Coaching Career Wins
Total Detail
582 Kathy Jenkins, St. Stephen's & St. Agnes
574 Phyllis Kilgour, Radnor (Radnor, Pa.)
404 Rick Mazzei, Maiden Catholic/Beverly (Mass.),
333 Mary Blake, St. Anne's Belfield (Charlottesville, Va.)
327 Sharon Sarsen, Lakeland-Panas (Shrub Oak, N.Y.)
316 Carol Rainson-Rose, Northport (Northport, N.Y.)
315 Joseph Tornetta, Great Valley (Glen Mills, Pa.)
307 Chris Molonea, Wellesley (Wellesley, Mass.), 1982-
303 Doug Rowe, Baldwinsville (Baldwinsville, N.Y.)
302 Courtney Vaughn, Winters Mill (Westminster, Md.)
298 Lisa Lindley, Darien (Ct.), 1994-Present
251 Ginger Kincaid, Glenelg (Glenelg, Md.)
242 Bob Elmer, West Genesee (Camillus, N.Y.)
241 Paul Kesmodel, Cape Henlopen (Lewes, Del.)
236 Phil Luckette, Jamesville-DeWitt (DeWitt, N.Y.)
236 Chris Robinson, Mount Hebron/McDonogh (Md.), 1996 -
234 Jay Watts, Westminster (Atlanta, Ga.), 1999-Present
229 Dee Wilkinson, Lafayette (St. Joseph, Mo.)
214 Lisa Parsons, Loomis Chaffee (Windsor, Conn.), 1994-
213 Wendy Pinta, Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington, Ohio)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO TIGERS

Kollmeier, MeaghanNorthport Goalie Massachusetts
Theofield, Mary Northport Attack Massachusetts
Aymong, MichaelaNorthport Goalie Richmond
Dodge, Annie Northport MidDef Siena
Bonomi, Paige Northport Midfield/Attack USC
Desmond, Amanda Northport Defense Iona
Cook, Randal Northport Defense Oneonta
Cook, Meagan Northport Defense Geneseo
Fortunato, CourtneyNorthport MidfieldNotre Dame
Gubitosi, BrookeNorthport MidfieldStony Brook
Breitfeller, AliNorthportAttack Michigan
Columbus, Emily Northport Attack/MiBryant
Ali Pavinelli Northport MidfieldFlorida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way was at the Good Counsel game parents kids and coaches all got along and pics taken after the game together. Your source is not correct. The team did not travel this year because they have budget constraints not because of lack of invitations or poor behavior. Nice try Though!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Rose is doing something right one of the top coaches in the country. Thats why her club and HS team are successful. Just because she is a WINNER you feel the need to make FALSE statements to bring her down. She is not a bully, dirty or classless but to the contrary a Class Act!! Oh and by the way she is NO SCREAMING IDIOT. The only idiot is YOU for writing a tasteless, disgusting comments on this board. Best of Luck to the Tigers.

Coaching Career Wins
Total Detail
582 Kathy Jenkins, St. Stephen's & St. Agnes
574 Phyllis Kilgour, Radnor (Radnor, Pa.)
404 Rick Mazzei, Maiden Catholic/Beverly (Mass.),
333 Mary Blake, St. Anne's Belfield (Charlottesville, Va.)
327 Sharon Sarsen, Lakeland-Panas (Shrub Oak, N.Y.)
316 Carol Rainson-Rose, Northport (Northport, N.Y.)
315 Joseph Tornetta, Great Valley (Glen Mills, Pa.)
307 Chris Molonea, Wellesley (Wellesley, Mass.), 1982-
303 Doug Rowe, Baldwinsville (Baldwinsville, N.Y.)
302 Courtney Vaughn, Winters Mill (Westminster, Md.)
298 Lisa Lindley, Darien (Ct.), 1994-Present
251 Ginger Kincaid, Glenelg (Glenelg, Md.)
242 Bob Elmer, West Genesee (Camillus, N.Y.)
241 Paul Kesmodel, Cape Henlopen (Lewes, Del.)
236 Phil Luckette, Jamesville-DeWitt (DeWitt, N.Y.)
236 Chris Robinson, Mount Hebron/McDonogh (Md.), 1996 -
234 Jay Watts, Westminster (Atlanta, Ga.), 1999-Present
229 Dee Wilkinson, Lafayette (St. Joseph, Mo.)
214 Lisa Parsons, Loomis Chaffee (Windsor, Conn.), 1994-
213 Wendy Pinta, Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington, Ohio)

Wins are nice championships are better

since 1995 state champions from L.I.

Manhasset - 1 class B 2003
Shoreham-Wading River - 4 class C 2007,8,9,10
Farmingdale - 2 Class A 2009,10
Garden City - 12 class B 1995,7,9 2000,01,02,06,07,08,09,10,11
Northport - 1 Class A 2011

Looks like Carol Rose built her reputation off of Garden City's hard work. I'll give it to her though she was smart to start the first travel program and take all the G.C. girls to make herself look good. As far as Northport goes besides Ward Melville (who almost all ways beat them) who does she play Copauge, Brentwood, The Sachems, longwood, please she made a living off of beating weak teams. Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read the post that someone posted- good teams will play well regardless of their competition. If my team was upped by 20 so be it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a joke I watch her train all the GC kids when there young and that's why GC is good. Oh and by the way newsday has NPT winning 17 championships since 1995.

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard