BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Recruiting stories from the road. Share your experience.
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most from LI wont get a sniff of need aid money.

They will qualify for athletic and academic which can be bundled. Example $44,000 Get .25 for athletics which is $11,000 and then a $15,000 for a 1200 SAT and a 95 GPA Nets at $18,000 which is just slightly cheaper than going to Stony Brook or Suny Bing.

The ones who lose are the pure athletic kids that barely hit the academic admission minimums and then just get the .25 with no athletic money.
What no one ever talks about is that they have spent $30,000 or more on club lacrosse to get a $15,000 athletic scholarship

Question, when you say merit, lets take UNC and Duke. To get in to either you need to be in the top of your class( as out of state at UNC) with a very high SAT. Kid in my school just who is ranked 7th with a combined SAT 1450 got denied UNC wait listed Duke. To get a merit based money at either of those schools you would need to be something like 1 in your class and 1550 sat or are the standards lower for athletes?

My sense is, and I could be wrong, that the athletic department works with the financial aid departments to find money for athletes for whom they want to find money. I think the rules on merit may be a little bendy, or the financial aid office can offer an alternative like an out-of-state tuition waiver (not applicable to Duke but to UNC). I'm curious to see what the more informed have to say about this topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There once was a time where I thought that these college coaches were getting the early commitments from what would be considered blue chip girls. And you see plenty of those, but I have also seen a few very young commitments recently that completely defy that logic. Not sure what to think anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will qualify for athletic and academic which can be bundled. Example $44,000 Get .25 for athletics which is $11,000 and then a $15,000 for a 1200 SAT and a 95 GPA Nets at $18,000 which is just slightly cheaper than going to Stony Brook or Suny Bing.

The ones who lose are the pure athletic kids that barely hit the academic admission minimums and then just get the .25 with no athletic money.
What no one ever talks about is that they have spent $30,000 or more on club lacrosse to get a $15,000 athletic scholarship

Question, when you say merit, lets take UNC and Duke. To get in to either you need to be in the top of your class( as out of state at UNC) with a very high SAT. Kid in my school just who is ranked 7th with a combined SAT 1450 got denied UNC wait listed Duke. To get a merit based money at either of those schools you would need to be something like 1 in your class and 1550 sat or are the standards lower for athletes?

This is where it gets tricky, the minimums to get athletes in is way lower at many institutions. Those kids just get some athletic money and then usually struggle in the classroom. Those are the kids that [lacrosse] off the non athletes. To your point a straight 1450 gets denied but a kid who can barely write their name and play ball gets in! Anyone follow the UNC scandal? Ever hear a Duke basketball player give an interview? Remember when Urban Meyer turned down Notre Dame because that was a school that wouldn't bend and "he couldn't get the kids he needed in". The great athletes are rewarded at schools they would never get a sniff at academically

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patrick Ewing G'town

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI is an amazing place, no cops, firemen, garbage collectors, teachers or really any blue collar workers or at least none of these types of people have kids playing lacrosse that might qualify for a sniff of need money. and just to be clear, if you paid $30,000 for travel lacrosse and get a $15,000 scholarship that is $60,000 over 4 years and double your investment.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the comments above, one wonders where the fine lines are with admissions officers at the strong academic colleges. If you are in the admissions office at a Duke or a UNC, of course there is an implicit bargain to take some men's and women's lacrosse players on a coaches sponsorship. But 40 times, 50 times, 60 times? If would be one thing if all lacrosse or other sport commits were straight A and 1450 SAT, but that is not the case. And then there are the straight A and 1450 SAT applicants that don't get admitted. I wonder if the internal debates are beginning. Do lacrosse coaches admit kids when they are 14, 15 or do we when they are seniors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Post Ever on BOTC!!!!
Let the kids be kids!
Early recruiting is really over done!
Kids STILL needs SAT Grades to get in! If they don't get it,those late bloomers with the SAT scores will walk right into their spots..a verbal means nothing until signing day,scores and transcripts are accepted thru admissions.
Get off twitter,cause its ruining some kids
For all the qualified Juniors,who are great student/athletes,your time is fast approaching to committ, the good ole fashioned way....
Good Luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be realistic from the start..If you committ to a school that is academically over your son or daughters academic ability,you are asking for trouble.I dont know what kind of enjoyment will come from watching your child have an awful academic experience,eventually it will take them off the field and bring them nothing but misery,all because the wanted to see their name on twitter.
Let the kids be kids!
Kids STILL needs SAT Grades to get in! If they don't get it,those late bloomers with the SAT scores will walk right into their spots..a verbal means nothing until signing day,scores and transcripts are accepted thru admissions.
For all the qualified Juniors,who are great student/athletes,your time is fast approaching to committ, the good ole fashioned way....
Good Luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be realistic from the start..If you committ to a school that is academically over your son or daughters academic ability,you are asking for trouble.I dont know what kind of enjoyment will come from watching your child have an awful academic experience,eventually it will take them off the field and bring them nothing but misery,all because the wanted to see their name on twitter.
Let the kids be kids!
Good Luck to all!

In our circle of friends the OPPOSITE is true, most have traded DOWN and gone to academic schools that are beneath them based on a coach showing some love and money. Everyone wanted to verbal early and everyone needed to say they got an athletic scholarship. It makes you scratch your head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was an interesting thread: "If you have been through the process of college recruiting please share your insight." But so far it seems people are just hypothesizing. What would be interesting is if people shared who they were recruited by, when the recruiting started, when committed and how much / what kind of money was received. Actual info, not just guesses or "I heard."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was an interesting thread: "If you have been through the process of college recruiting please share your insight." But so far it seems people are just hypothesizing. What would be interesting is if people shared who they were recruited by, when the recruiting started, when committed and how much / what kind of money was received. Actual info, not just guesses or "I heard."

That's taking the anonymity out of anonymous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our son was offered by two ACC schools and decided to wait on it. Both schools said they were offering an athletic scholarship. Both gave us a % range that was not specific and represented it would not get hardened up until our son was a rising senior. It would be at that point the coaches know what their specific $$$ are after all the juggling, transfers in or out, kids dropping out of the program for any reason, etc. The guided ranges we got from both schools were fairly paltry, 15%-20%, and in one instance we are in-state so the school would not break the bank for us to have our son attend. We decided to wait as a family and our son is happy enough waiting for the right thing. Passing on or jumping on those figures isn't a game changer for us. All our personal experience as a given, there certainly could be kids who were offered much more material % than our son, and I can see how that may be compelling to jump on if it is both a great academic fit with a top lacrosse program. The way we left it with the two ACC schools was they indeed went on to fill up a class of commits, but there was a mutual "let's revisit this later if a good fit" good terms to come back later. We know as a family that going back for a spot later would likely mean low or no money, and that is fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northeast Conference D1 program which did not have its full allotment of scholarship spots told us everyone on team gets something. Range started at 10% and went up from there with no one getting more than 50% or so they said. At other schools we were told lots of kids on roster were getting nothing so our 20% was a big offer. That school was giving more than 50% to the horses

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Our son was offered by two ACC schools and decided to wait on it. Both schools said they were offering an athletic scholarship. Both gave us a % range that was not specific and represented it would not get hardened up until our son was a rising senior. It would be at that point the coaches know what their specific $$$ are after all the juggling, transfers in or out, kids dropping out of the program for any reason, etc. The guided ranges we got from both schools were fairly paltry, 15%-20%, and in one instance we are in-state so the school would not break the bank for us to have our son attend. We decided to wait as a family and our son is happy enough waiting for the right thing. Passing on or jumping on those figures isn't a game changer for us. All our personal experience as a given, there certainly could be kids who were offered much more material % than our son, and I can see how that may be compelling to jump on if it is both a great academic fit with a top lacrosse program. The way we left it with the two ACC schools was they indeed went on to fill up a class of commits, but there was a mutual "let's revisit this later if a good fit" good terms to come back later. We know as a family that going back for a spot later would likely mean low or no money, and that is fine.

Great Post. Thank You.

I have a few questions.
-Was the communication between the coaching staffs and you difficult?
-How did you make contact when you had a question(s)?
-Was your club or HS coach the "go between"?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter went through the process just 3 years ago. it was an eye opening experience. first she was not a top d1 recruit but a mid level one. she was asked by a mid level d1 college to come visit and discuss the possibility of playing at their school. the coach proceeded to tell us that most freshman get very little athletic money and most of their aid comes from academics ( we had this conversation before with other schools). she then proceeded to tell us about the amount of time that was to be spent playing/practicing. it was almost 20 hours per week and that did not include travel time for away games. i then asked what was the 4 year graduation rate of the team and it was only 40%. she told me most kids go an extra year. so the school was $60,000 per year all included. so what ever money they gave me i would be paying back to them later on. needless to say my daughter decided that she wanted to go to a d3 school with a team graduation rate of 90% in 4 years and got plenty of academic money and still plays lacrosse. the best of all worlds. ask yourself how may hours your daughter will commit to playing and can she handle a real class work load and get good grades? also a question everyone should find out is what is the TEAM graduation rate in 4 years and what percentage of kids stop playing or transfer to another school in the first 2 years due to lack of playing time or burn out of being over worked. it take a very special kid to have a balanced school/social/athletic life at most d1 schools. and i don't think a kid in 8th or 9th grade really knows how much work is ahead of them at a d1 level program when the commit. parents please be fair to your kids let them enjoy the game and have the same college experience you did. help them make the right choice and not just based on the fact that it is a d1 lacrosse program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the right time to ask the coach about $$$?
Do you ask on your first visit and meet with the staff or do you wait until a commit has been offered?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club coach was our primary go between. The HS coach offered to be of help, but son had not played for him yet. Not difficult...visited and they have a good idea what they want, and if it is a good fit with what you want you can commit to it or pass on it with a mutually pleasant understanding to stay in touch later. I did not make direct contact, the club coach was the go between to arrange it to have my son call or to have me call to follow up on anything. I got the sense quickly that Dads who just call coaches is not best way, so I took the early advice to not be that Dad type. If I or my son needed feedback, we'd rely on the club coach to clear the brush and I am glad we did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters recruiting was horrible. Coaches showed interest, she went to camps, tournaments, recruit tours, and prospect clinics. All went very well with coaches showing a lot of interest, until the either the subject of her selected major came up. or she filled out the prospect questionnaire. Because her selected field of endeavor required her to spend time off campus, and was deemed too difficult to work with, coaches dropped her with no explanation leaving us to question her ability, until the coach of the school she will attend filled us in as to why. She was given a 50% Athletic scholarship with, so far, another 25% for her S.A.T./A.C.T. scores before we even visit the bursars office. This is not a top 10 athletic or academic school, but it is one of a very few that were willing to work with her attended major, and is very well respected within that profession. Lesson of the story (at least for us) is that unless your a true blue chip athlete, not every coach will be willing to work with you, and that no matter how much they say they care for your kid and want them to succeed, they still value winning over everything els.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter went through the process just 3 years ago. it was an eye opening experience. first she was not a top d1 recruit but a mid level one. she was asked by a mid level d1 college to come visit and discuss the possibility of playing at their school. the coach proceeded to tell us that most freshman get very little athletic money and most of their aid comes from academics ( we had this conversation before with other schools). she then proceeded to tell us about the amount of time that was to be spent playing/practicing. it was almost 20 hours per week and that did not include travel time for away games. i then asked what was the 4 year graduation rate of the team and it was only 40%. she told me most kids go an extra year. so the school was $60,000 per year all included. so what ever money they gave me i would be paying back to them later on. needless to say my daughter decided that she wanted to go to a d3 school with a team graduation rate of 90% in 4 years and got plenty of academic money and still plays lacrosse. the best of all worlds. ask yourself how may hours your daughter will commit to playing and can she handle a real class work load and get good grades? also a question everyone should find out is what is the TEAM graduation rate in 4 years and what percentage of kids stop playing or transfer to another school in the first 2 years due to lack of playing time or burn out of being over worked. it take a very special kid to have a balanced school/social/athletic life at most d1 schools. and i don't think a kid in 8th or 9th grade really knows how much work is ahead of them at a d1 level program when the commit. parents please be fair to your kids let them enjoy the game and have the same college experience you did. help them make the right choice and not just based on the fact that it is a d1 lacrosse program.
great post and don't forget that unless you are a top player, most teams want you in certain majors and not ones that require big commitments. Middle and bottom roster players need to register in majors the coaches approve of. The top players can do whatever they want

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
There are many, many parents who have no idea how to navigate the recruiting process. It's very intimidating. This thread has started great with personal experiences of folks that have gone through it. KEEP IT UP!!
Please post your questions and if you have a personal experience that may help please contribute and....pay it forward.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at a lot of D1 rosters, much smaller % of seniors and juniors compared to fresh/sophs. Should be a wake up call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any good answer to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at a lot of D1 rosters, much smaller % of seniors and juniors compared to fresh/sophs. Should be a wake up call.

Easy answer, except for the best of the best players the rigors of full time lacrosse play is very hard to balance with getting a degree. Those upper classman buried on the bench are choosing studies and internships over lacrosse. Read the D1 surveys - Athletes spend more time on sports than academics. Give the kids credit at 20, 21 years old they realize that their lacrosse careers are coming to end...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you're a junior/senior and you're not getting PT and fresh and sophs are at your position it becomes apparent that you will likely never see the field. Less than 20 players get significant time in mean's games. If you're in the 30-55 range it's all practice no play no fun. So the choices are to suck it up and ride pine, transfer to somewhere you can play or just be a regular student.. and have more time to study and/or party.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

if you're a junior/senior and you're not getting PT and fresh and sophs are at your position it becomes apparent that you will likely never see the field. Less than 20 players get significant time in mean's games. If you're in the 30-55 range it's all practice no play no fun. So the choices are to suck it up and ride pine, transfer to somewhere you can play or just be a regular student.. and have more time to study and/or party.

Does anyone have any real experience with this?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse players at my school would either get clued in they were in the plans, or they'd pledge a fraternity fall soph year. Going Greek got the UVa coaches ruffled so pledging to a house was pretty much a white flag on continuing lacrosse past second year. I'd guesstimate about 1/3rd of the lacrosse players did this. The ones who didn't stayed with it and were usually the ones playing. I noticed the lacrosse team was the one with by far the most attrition of the sports where I knew athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse players at my school would either get clued in they were in the plans, or they'd pledge a fraternity fall soph year. Going Greek got the UVa coaches ruffled so pledging to a house was pretty much a white flag on continuing lacrosse past second year. I'd guesstimate about 1/3rd of the lacrosse players did this. The ones who didn't stayed with it and were usually the ones playing. I noticed the lacrosse team was the one with by far the most attrition of the sports where I knew athletes.

That must be why they have 50-60 kids on the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 40 so you do the math and tell me how many are scholarship players and then how many are full rides lol
That must be why they have 50-60 kids on the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some updated facts-
Men have 65 D1 Teams with 2,936 players and an average team size of 45 with 12.6 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $14,605 (many get nothing).

Women have 103 D1 Teams with 3,020 players and an average team size of 29 with 12 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $15,748 (many get nothing)

About 12% of all high school varsity athletes will play in a D1, D2 or D3 college program

If your child wants to play, there is always a program for them if you don't get hung up on the scholarship.

My daughter has 4 of her friends playing in college and they didn't play club!!! From PAL straight to high school, that's it! (1 in D2, 3 in D3)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some updated facts-
Men have 65 D1 Teams with 2,936 players and an average team size of 45 with 12.6 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $14,605 (many get nothing).

Women have 103 D1 Teams with 3,020 players and an average team size of 29 with 12 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $15,748 (many get nothing)

About 12% of all high school varsity athletes will play in a D1, D2 or D3 college program

If your child wants to play, there is always a program for them if you don't get hung up on the scholarship.

My daughter has 4 of her friends playing in college and they didn't play club!!! From PAL straight to high school, that's it! (1 in D2, 3 in D3)

I agree with everything you said. But for girls it's much different than for guys. I personally know 3 girls on D1 lax team that never once got on the field for there HS varsity programs and they werent the best programs these girls just weren't that good. They got onto college teams through the YJ even though they weren't very good for them either. Point is you don't have to be very good as a female player to play D1, to many programs not enough talent. Complete opposite as the mens side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some updated facts-

I agree with everything you said. But for girls it's much different than for guys. I personally know 3 girls on D1 lax team that never once got on the field for there HS varsity programs and they werent the best programs these girls just weren't that good. They got onto college teams through the YJ even though they weren't very good for them either. Point is you don't have to be very good as a female player to play D1, to many programs not enough talent. Complete opposite as the mens side.

Your can argue the men is a more competitive pool from top to bottom but 12% of men play in college and 12.3% of women play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Average team size of about 30 for women as compared to men's programs now bloated into the mid to high 50s explains a lot. You'd need to be very good to play women's lacrosse in college since they don't carry 20-30 more players who can just be practice players until they decide to focus on school, join a fraternity, etc. and quit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said check out the rosters was right, huge falloff of juniors and seniors. Looks like the kids finally start to grow up and without mommy and daddy looking over their shoulders and pushing like they did in HS, the kids are choosing to do other things with their time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went thru it two years ago, my daughter opted to play club after speaking with the girls on the team. It was a NE D1 program, daughter heard how much time was spent just in the off season, coach picking the classes they could take, she said club was more her ideal. Got the academic $, so it worked out well for her.

Now as a sophomore, she said last year and now this year, more than 2/3 of the club roster are drops from the varsity team, the girls said it was not worth the time commitment, club keeps them playing, travel games, playoffs and championships.

For some this is enough.

One boy I know who plays the other helmet sport, says his day starts at 6 am in the gym till 8;30 am. Classes at 10-2, team meeting and practice from 2;30-8p.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said check out the rosters was right, huge falloff of juniors and seniors. Looks like the kids finally start to grow up and without mommy and daddy looking over their shoulders and pushing like they did in HS, the kids are choosing to do other things with their time.

This is why this site cracks me up, my bet is the VAST majority of posters are parents who DID NOT play a sport in college, but desperately want their child to play. Unless you have done it, you have no idea what goes into it. And trust me, you really have to want it yourself!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters schools club team practices 3x per week in the evenings and travels every weekend for games and tournaments. Club LAx lumps D1-D3 team together in divisions and rankings so if you look at the pre season national club rankings you will see D3 Cortland in the top 10 with UCLA, Florida, Boston College, Loyola and Duke. D2's and D3's get to travel and play games at big D1 schools which is a cool experience for the 2's and 3's.

They are still playing at a very high level, still traveling, still competing for a division, region and national title, still making friends and socializing all without a D1 program owning them 24-7 and they are HAPPY!

And just like the top D3 and D2 schools would beat many lower D1 programs, many of these club teams would beat plenty lower varsity teams. These club teams are LOADED with kids who could have played varsity (maybe not at the school they are attending, but a varsity program somewhere)but chose not to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters schools club team practices 3x per week in the evenings and travels every weekend for games and tournaments. Club LAx lumps D1-D3 team together in divisions and rankings so if you look at the pre season national club rankings you will see D3 Cortland in the top 10 with UCLA, Florida, Boston College, Loyola and Duke. D2's and D3's get to travel and play games at big D1 schools which is a cool experience for the 2's and 3's.

They are still playing at a very high level, still traveling, still competing for a division, region and national title, still making friends and socializing all without a D1 program owning them 24-7 and they are HAPPY!

And just like the top D3 and D2 schools would beat many lower D1 programs, many of these club teams would beat plenty lower varsity teams. These club teams are LOADED with kids who could have played varsity (maybe not at the school they are attending, but a varsity program somewhere)but chose not to.

I whole heartily agree about the entire club lacrosse experience but do not get carried away with club teams being able to compete with varsity teams, when Michigan was dominating on the club level people kept on saying they were good enough to compete against many lower level D1 team, when they went Varsity they won 2 games in two years. I agree that there is a lot of good club players and teams but it is still a big jump up to varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get caught up with the labels. My kids on Blue or Black or Orange. My kid is D1, My kid is in ACC....

Bottom line is if you think a strong club team couldn't beat the 100th ranked D1 program or some D2 and D3 varsity teams your crazy. Just like if you don't think D3 Trinity or D2 Adelphi would torch many mid to lower ranked D1 varsity programs you are nuts.

Kids can still have a very rewarding college lax experience outside of playing for an all encompassing top 10 D1 program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
played D1 didnt start. sophmore year went to club with 6 other roster players had the time of our lives.by grad year played club with many of my recruting class.was able to balance school, social and sports. be well aware of what you are wishing for your boys. they are the ones who have to get up and compete in the class and on the field.enjoy it goes by fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how common it is for out of state schools to waive the residency requirement to athletes? This in itself would be like a scholarship of sorts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard