BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did anyone else get the game footage back from Jake Reed? What you think?

would never get it again.

1. watermark
2. poor quality
3. see 1 and 2.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Drew M., on Air Force.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else get the game footage back from Jake Reed? What you think?

My son was very happy to SEE the video. To watch the film of the games was very valuable for him.

You know from being a parent on the sideline, the level of competition was great. The speed of the game was fast paced. The pressure was on all the time. These boys are all considered the best players in the region. Placing lacrosse under these conditions was a great experience for my son. He enjoyed that atmosphere and is looking forward to more opportunities to play with the best athletes.

My son was able to see exactly what he did throughout the games. He is using this video as a tool to work on his game. He is going to make adjustments based on what he saw.

In addition, the quality of the video was terrific. Professional camera guys who understand the game of lacrosse were the men who were filming.

Having paid for "professional" lax video before, this one was far more superior.

As far as price, check around, they charged the going rate.

It was worth it for my son.

What were your thougts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you want your son playing varsity as a 9th grader with little playing time or JV with a lot of playing time and being a captain? From a public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was expecting an edited highlight reel of my son....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the additional package not the standard RAW footage pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not pay for a highlight reel. I did see the notice that I could upgrade to one for the difference in price from the package I ordered. I however, am going to do the highlight tape on my own.

It may not have all the bells and whistles but my son is good and that is what they will see.

Not being a bragger, just stating what has been told to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you want your son playing varsity as a 9th grader with little playing time or JV with a lot of playing time and being a captain? From a public school.

always play up - games don't matter the improvement and learning come in practice, nobody cares how many goals johnny scores in JV but practicing against 17 year old bigger stronger defensemen or covering stronger quicker players in practice as well as getting better coaching will make him a better player over the summer at recruiting events and next year when he is ready to contribute to the varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

always play up - games don't matter the improvement and learning come in practice, nobody cares how many goals johnny scores in JV but practicing against 17 year old bigger stronger defensemen or covering stronger quicker players in practice as well as getting better coaching will make him a better player over the summer at recruiting events and next year when he is ready to contribute to the varsity
I agree wholeheartedly. My son played Varsity as a freshman for a top 25 team in the country, saw some time as a second line middie for parts of the season, didn't play too much at other times. Made him a much better player practicing wit the older, better players and the best coaches typically coach the Varsity team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree. It will make the individual work harder and goal set. Are you saying you would rather have your son play on JV and be the best? If you are, then you are going to bring up a young man who will have difficulty with defeat and have limited aspirations. You never want your child to be the best at anything. They should always strive to be better, work harder, want to achieve more.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it, if the kid is good enough to make Varsity in 9th grade, in a strong lax town,chances are he should be ok getting into a good college playing lax, news flash starting kids get all the reps in practice doing 6 on 6 mostly, other kids sitting around watching. i would rather have my kid playing and being with is friends, his time will come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade and St Ants players play Freshman and JV before playing varsity. They are both top 5 LI teams. Playing "up" is an ego thing for parents. Sitting and wathching others play is not helping a younger player. Oh yea....when the usual nonsense about the catholics start..... last spring about 20 college coaches watch the Chaminade v St Ants JV games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it, if the kid is good enough to make Varsity in 9th grade, in a strong lax town,chances are he should be ok getting into a good college playing lax, news flash starting kids get all the reps in practice doing 6 on 6 mostly, other kids sitting around watching. i would rather have my kid playing and being with is friends, his time will come.

lets hope his friends are not in remedial classes as well because then you can stunt his academics as well by "letting him be with his friends" treat school ball the same as you treat class work - get him to his highest level that will challenge him and make him work hard to succeed -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade and St Ants players play Freshman and JV before playing varsity. They are both top 5 LI teams. Playing "up" is an ego thing for parents. Sitting and wathching others play is not helping a younger player. Oh yea....when the usual nonsense about the catholics start..... last spring about 20 college coaches watch the Chaminade v St Ants JV games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets face it....9th grade varsity players are from weak lacrosse schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only talk about the one town that I know, Syosset. They have been consistently in the top 5 teams in Nassau for the last 10 - 15 years and Syosset has a long history of 8th and 9th graders playing varsity, it is always part ability of the kids and part needs of the team but it has worked well.

Dan Loftus - Started varsity goal as an 8th grader - became starter at Duke, Jeff Cohen started as an 8th grader and is the all time leading goal scorer at Harvard, Ryan lukacovic started as an 8th grader before going to Chaminade now starting attack at Virginia - Alirio DeMeireles stared as a 9th grader on Syosset team that went to State Championship game and is now playing at Yale. Each case is different and each school is different but you can not paint broad strokes like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? My son played a lot as a freshman (and not a holdback) and was on a team ranked in the top 25 in the country. There are several kids he knows who were in the same camp. Several also on some of the top LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts? 98 student with advanced classes, an elite lax player on a top team. Local public school has excellent academics- mediocre lax team and not great at placing kids in terms of recruiting. Would you push St As or Chaminade? Will he ruin his chances playing for a HS team that no one cares about if he stays local public?. Will his club be enough? He understands academics is priority- lax secondary. We are struggling with this right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going through this ourselves (a few times) I can understand your concerns but your are not the first parent to think their child is too good for a public school team. (I'm sorry, you are saying that) If he is that good and on an "elite" team he will be seen. He will not "ruin his chances" by staying public. We tried both in our family and by chance (& a lot of hard work) it worked out. The Public route has a lot to offer, great academic programs, early varsity play, a lot of playing time & the Nassau/Suffolk all star game in June is a HUGE recruiting opportunity. Chaminade basically speaks for itself (other than becoming snobby elitist lax daddy's on this site😜) but, he will wait 2/3 yrs to see the varsity field. College coaches, however, know Chaminades reputation and it is definitely a plus. St A., is the same thing. Great lax team opportunity but, I'm sorry to say this, it's lacking academically compared to many public programs. (We've been there and done that) IMHO do not count out your town high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts? 98 student with advanced classes, an elite lax player on a top team. Local public school has excellent academics- mediocre lax team and not great at placing kids in terms of recruiting. Would you push St As or Chaminade? Will he ruin his chances playing for a HS team that no one cares about if he stays local public?. Will his club be enough? He understands academics is priority- lax secondary. We are struggling with this right now.

LI STING = Ivies/NESCAC. Talk to K. M. If your son is that good and that smart, it's the only place for him. My son played for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone get rejected by St Anthony's? I hear they take everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do take everyone, and your son may never see the starting line for 4 years, and better yet.... he may make the B team and play sub standard teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only talk about the one town that I know, Syosset. They have been consistently in the top 5 teams in Nassau for the last 10 - 15 years and Syosset has a long history of 8th and 9th graders playing varsity, it is always part ability of the kids and part needs of the team but it has worked well.

Dan Loftus - Started varsity goal as an 8th grader - became starter at Duke, Jeff Cohen started as an 8th grader and is the all time leading goal scorer at Harvard, Ryan lukacovic started as an 8th grader before going to Chaminade now starting attack at Virginia - Alirio DeMeireles stared as a 9th grader on Syosset team that went to State Championship game and is now playing at Yale. Each case is different and each school is different but you can not paint broad strokes like that.

Well, you blew that idiots theory up. Probably very concerned about his superstar seeing the field on the freshman team at Cham or St A's. While his son's friends from his club team play Varsity this spring. Very transparent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And shouldn't they? Aren't the virtues of Catholicism based in Charity, inclusion, service, and the helping hand? These are the things I learned. I guess that school in Mineola is about elitism, exclusion and privilege? Is that the "new" Catholicism?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And shouldn't they? Aren't the virtues of Catholicism based in Charity, inclusion, service, and the helping hand? These are the things I learned. I guess that school in Mineola is about elitism, exclusion and privilege? Is that the "new" Catholicism?

Only so many seats you idiot. Just like everything else in life, they take the best, as they should. You must have learned those things at Cyo , not HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, you blew that idiots theory up. Probably very concerned about his superstar seeing the field on the freshman team at Cham or St A's. While his son's friends from his club team play Varsity this spring. Very transparent.

So lets see........you named 4 players over quite a few years. 1 who didnt play at Syosset and didnt play varsity at Chaminade as a freshman. Thanks....you made my point. keep telling yourself that your public can compete with the catholics. Sooner or later you may actually believe it. I know your kid is an early committ blah blah. When you go to meet with coaches they know chaminade and st ants.......do they know your public school.......probably not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lets see........you named 4 players over quite a few years. 1 who didnt play at Syosset and didnt play varsity at Chaminade as a freshman. Thanks....you made my point. keep telling yourself that your public can compete with the catholics. Sooner or later you may actually believe it. I know your kid is an early committ blah blah. When you go to meet with coaches they know chaminade and st ants.......do they know your public school.......probably not.

Dude - you can not just change the argument in the middle when you are shown to be wrong. Nobody said anything about comparing public's to privates - the point being discussed is "9th grade varsity players are from weak lacrosse schools" and it was shown that one town that does regularly bring up 8th and 9th graders is not a weak lacrosse school........out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congratulations to Sean Kutten (Chaminade - 91 Extreme) and JP Lannig (Syosset - Express Terps) as the two long island 2018's mentioned in Joe Lombardi's Lax Lessons top 5 2018's in the tristate area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else was mentioned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else was mentioned?

it was only 5 total for metro area

Matt Magan - Fox Lane NY - M - Syracuse
Sean Kuttin - Chaminade - M - Hopkins
Griffin Gelinas - Brunswick CT Syracuse
JP Lannig - Syosset - A - Michigan
Evan Zinn - Straples Ct - M - Hopkins

Of course no D, LSM, FOGO or goalies because if you don't score you can't be that good.....lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip 225. How does this compare to other showcases. I know they all cost money, so I am not looking for a value based on cost. I just want to know the exposure value. Thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip 225. How does this compare to other showcases. I know they all cost money, so I am not looking for a value based on cost. I just want to know the exposure value. Thx

Maverik and Jake Reed will have a good amount of coaches at all sessions Blue Chip will only have a strong coaches turnout at the All Star game, I don't think anybody really knows what to expect this summer with all the early commits, I think the Top D1's will be going to 2019 and 2018 events primarily and the rest of the D1's are going to be going to 2017 and 2018 events. I think the the 2016 and 2017 camps will be swarming with D2 and D3 coaches. but that is just MHO, it will be interesting to say the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the list of colleges attending, that should tell you a lot, exposure wise. Not a lot of "top" D-1 schools. But if the competition is solid, and you can afford it, it beats 3 days of playing X-box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the Jake Reed camp in MD in July? Will D1 be watching the 2019 and 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip 225, Top 205, Peak 200 all smaller college coach crowds if talking about D1. Mainly just show up for all star games. Not much during pool play. Top 2 right now are Maverick and Adrenaline Black Card. Jake Reed losing ground in relevance since inclusion of 3D and tryout process. Sold out for money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have invitations gone out for Adrenaline Black Card?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the Jake Reed camp in MD in July? Will D1 be watching the 2019 and 2018?

Jake Reed alway has a lot of coaches, last year was the firs for freshman and there were top D-1 coaches there. This event is completely grede specific, at least last year. Rising Sophs and up live and breathe campus life for the days they are there, freshman live and commute in with parents.

Also, last year this time, there was a lot of talk about rising freshman, this year, the chatter is much less, so i'm thinking that maybe the coaches have decided to tone down on all the hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't hear a lot about this one, but it is every bit as good as Maverick and Nike Blue Chip, but take a look at the Prep School Lacrosse Showcase. Just about every one from DI is there . The only drawback if you can call it a drawback is that it is a one day event and the boys play 3 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have invitations gone out for Adrenaline Black Card?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard