BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they beat crush 11-2 at young guns

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not one single kid over the age limit. I just looked on the roster it states their birth dates.

Where did you see dobs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax people come n here trying to spark talk about their team. Go back south

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure it was the other way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a few clips and it looked pretty good.
Did anyone receive the game film from Jake Reed? What did you all think?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may have been "Orange Crush" VERY VERY different team than team 91 2020 Crush, definitely did not beat 2020 91 crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im positive they played at 8:50 it says on crabs website and they beat Crabs 8-4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax smoked Crabs and only lost to Dukes barely in the summer with the best player injured. And they have the best goalie, attack men, in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was very happy to SEE the video. To watch the film of the games was very valuable for him.

The level of competition was great. The speed of the game was fast paced. The pressure was on all the time.

He was able to see exactly what he did throughout the games. He told us he will make adjustments based on what he saw.

In addition, the quality of the video was terrific. Professional camera guys who understand the game of lacrosse were the men who were filming.

Having paid for "professional" lax video before, this one was far more superior.

As far as price, check around, they charged the going rate.

It was worth it for my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was very happy to SEE the video. To watch the film of the games was very valuable for him.

The level of competition was great. The speed of the game was fast paced. The pressure was on all the time.

He was able to see exactly what he did throughout the games. He told us he will make adjustments based on what he saw.

In addition, the quality of the video was terrific. Professional camera guys who understand the game of lacrosse were the men who were filming.

Having paid for "professional" lax video before, this one was far more superior.

As far as price, check around, they charged the going rate.

It was worth it for my son.

Well stated agree 100%

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax smoked Crabs and only lost to Dukes barely in the summer with the best player injured. And they have the best goalie, attack men, in the country.

Thanks for letting us know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to hear it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 would smoke crush 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw them play in DC a few weeks ago and Crush was up by a sizable margin . Madlax didn't even make finals it was a 91 final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax lost to Crush by about 10 goals in DC a few weeks ago. Crush went on to beat 2019 91 team in a crazy final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is the going rate???...That would help in making the decision

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love how madlax comes on here stirring up conversation on themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love how madlax comes on here stirring up conversation on themselves.

Madlax Who??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, especially with all the 2017 and 2018 HOLDBACKS im sure they will be playing with the coming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2020 91 Crush play and beat 2019 91 Orange?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2020 91 Crush play and beat 2019 91 Orange?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never beat them !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, especially with all the 2017 and 2018 HOLDBACKS im sure they will be playing with the coming season.

haha Noooo not Madlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone concerned with the 3D administration & staff pushing for reclassification? Telling all us parents that we are putting our kids at a disadvantage? Was very taken back. I know it's done often but I thought it was not looked upon in a good way by professionals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone concerned with the 3D administration & staff pushing for reclassification? Telling all us parents that we are putting our kids at a disadvantage? Was very taken back. I know it's done often but I thought it was not looked upon in a good way by professionals.

Buckle in, it only goes down hill from here. Wait till this fall when all the parents make their final decision to hold back for school in September. If your son will be doing any recruiting venues this fall, be prepared for him to be playing against kids 1-2 years older. It's beyond out of control now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LMAO my son would quit playing lacrosse if I made him repeat the 8th grade. Since he started playing in the 3rd grade the focus has always been on academics which in turn has produced a straight A student. He has also achieved on the field. My advice to my son has always been that he will go to a very good college because of his grades and if he is able to play lacrosse there that would be a nice perk. We live on Long Island where the reclassification game is not as big as it is in other parts of the country. Have a nice day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they Professionals?
Did they go to medical school, engineering, etc? The answer is No, and they're only lax people. There's a bigger life out there than 3D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all salesman don't listen to them..if everyone did it the private schools would make a fortune !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all salesman don't listen to them..if everyone did it the private schools would make a fortune !!

Furthermore- if everyone did it- it would cancel out the effect of reclassing. I can guarentee- they do not want EVERYONE doing it. They would lose their edge. I guess if they can get 3D kids to do it- then they look golden as their kids should get recruited first- just because they are older, bigger, more muscular, but that does not make them better. In 2 years it evens out- and with all the earlier recruiting- I think you will see a lot of decommitting from kids looking at better schools or easier schools to get into- which should change the "games" again and hopefully right the wrongs of reclassing and recruiting so early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at dukes fresh an class all 1995, the kid from Garden City, already 20 years old. Lax is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at dukes fresh an class all 1995, the kid from Garden City, already 20 years old. Lax is a joke.

6 goals in his "freshman" debut, I do not think anyne at Duke is going to care if that production continues. With that type of success, the trend will only continue to grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 goals in his "freshman" debut, I do not think anyne at Duke is going to care if that production continues. With that type of success, the trend will only continue to grow.

4 more goals for the kid today, say what you want but the path he took has him at Duke and dominating as a freshman. I thought this was a new trend on LI, sounds like you are in the same boat as the rest fo the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure his loser parents are proud of their 20 year old chesting freshman, maybe when he gets a job ( after doing clinics at the hub for 5 years) the employer will give him 2 years to catch up, why am i mad, because my kid will not be 20 until junior year. we did things right did not play the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
help me understand all the hostility.

I thought if a player did a post grad year it was okay and respectable. Some players need that PG year to get their grades up, they are not using the year to play against weaker younger players (to be seen - they were already seen) they use the PG year to get into the (best academic) school of their choice. (others use the Pg year to decommit from one school to another; again, many times to get into a better school).

I thought we only thought those that were held back in MS/HS were the cheaters.

User
User
I am also having trouble understanding the large number of posts that seem to be so hostile regarding PG hold backs. For those unfamiliar a PG(post grad) hold back is a student who decides to attend a prep school after HS graduation for a year for many reasons. Think West Point Prep School or Navy Prep School.
As a parent I think it's a great idea and gives these students a year to get their grades and SAT/ACT scores up and mature. Whether it's a military prep school or a private school I can only see the positives.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Hop I think the hostility stems from the ability or inability for a family to be able to afford the PG year. Justin was a great High School player and I dont have any personal information as to why he did a PG year . I have less of a problem with players doing a PG year after High School than the parents that have their children repeating the 8 TH grade. What if a student decided to see the world or join the military for a year or two then enter college ? Just my opinion.

User
User
Mr. Hop I think the hostility stems from the ability or inability for a family to be able to afford the PG year. Justin was a great High School player and I dont have any personal information as to why he did a PG year . I have less of a problem with players doing a PG year after High School than the parents that have their children repeating the 8 TH grade. What if a student decided to see the world or join the military for a year or two then enter college ? Just my opinion.

So the hostility comes from those that can't afford it? If so that's ridiculous.
Is there hostility toward those who have vacation homes and Rolls Royce cars? I know I can't afford those things but I'm not hostile toward those that can.
Also, if a parent decides to hold back their kid in middle school or high school then that's their business. If it helps their kid then more power to them.
To your comment about traveling the world or entering the military and then going to college......What's your point? I think that's a great idea as well.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

So the hostility comes from those that can't afford it? If so that's ridiculous.
Is there hostility toward those who have vacation homes and Rolls Royce cars? I know I can't afford those things but I'm not hostile toward those that can.
Also, if a parent decides to hold back their kid in middle school or high school then that's their business. If it helps their kid then more power to them.
To your comment about traveling the world or entering the military and then going to college......What's your point? I think that's a great idea as well.

Hop, a lot of us are comfortable with PG years but very uncomfortable with this at younger ages because the size disparity is potentially so great. If you want to moderate us away from posting about that, let us know. But the concern is legitimate and I would hope you can acknowledge that.

User
User
Originally Posted by The Hop

Hop, a lot of us are comfortable with PG years but very uncomfortable with this at younger ages because the size disparity is potentially so great. If you want to moderate us away from posting about that, let us know. But the concern is legitimate and I would hope you can acknowledge that.

I was clearly addressing the posters reasons for hostile responses to PG students.
Further more I don't see the issue with hold backs. I welcome the discussion. That's what we are here for after all.

Back of the Cage
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard