BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Safe travels to all the friends headed down to Florida. May the boys play well, learn a trick or two and have some fun during the process.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3D and JR both a blatant money grab. Throw in lacrosserecruits.com being the clearing house for JR direct viewing videos for a premium and you've got a 3 pronged attack to separate parents from their dollars for 2 solid years up until Fall Junior year when NCAA mandated cloak of silence is lifted only to find out Big Time Lacrosse U never had any interest in Little Johnny in the first place. Instead of trying to buy his way into JR with all this nonsense, spend that money attending select prospect camps at schools that are academically and athletically in reach. It's all a well orchestrated plan to capitalize on parents' and players' insecurities with LR "shout outs" and "spray and pray" prophecies all designed to profit from the growth of a sport that is and will be non-revenue generating for colleges. Just my .02 from experience.

Well stated. I got your point.

As one of the 2019 parents heading down to 3d tomorrow, I will be watching, listening and learning about all that 3d has to say regarding our sons having an opportunity to play for a college.

I will take into consideration all of the points you made regarding 3d keeping parents on the hook for 2+ years, waiting for some kind of a return on our investment, only to find out that "Oswald" was not even on the radar of a school we thought was interested.

Thanks.

For the 8-10 Long Island 2019 8th graders who are going and MAY be on some D1's school's radar, good luck. For all the rest, this sounds like a giant and very expensive hand job…….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 is generous. Not taking away from our talent , most of our 2019's are actual 2001 and maybe late 2000's. No one really overpowering. Just being realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 is generous. Not taking away from our talent , most of our 2019's are actual 2001 and maybe late 2000's. No one really overpowering. Just being realistic.
You have 2000's who are 2019? Is that possible? Then your ears are going to start bleeding when you hear the 3D guys openly encourage to reclassify your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what your alluding to is the over powering kids would be the hold back with early 2000 DOB's. Enjoy boys! it is a bumpy ride.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have 2000's who are 2019? Is that possible? Then your ears are going to start bleeding when you hear the 3D guys openly encourage to reclassify your kid.

December 2000 is not a holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI 2019's who are at 3d are ALL considered to be great players for their positions. They are true athletes who play multiple sports. In addition, they are ALL bright students who happen to be growing up to be fine young men.

Our Strong Island 2019's are all very good players. Every time one of our teams are in a tourney, the opposition gears up to play hard.

That is great for our boys. They have our financial support which gives them inroads to great trainers and coaches. As I see it, LI has not seen the need to jump on the holdback train.

I am sure we will hear all about the competition when they return. Remember, it is 2019, 18, 17 and 2016 there playing this weekend. The 2016's and 17's have a lot at stake. I believe our 2019's will be able to hold their own.

GREAT for them when they do. Knowing they did it without cheating and still having so much time to become great players. They are only in the 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are more than (13) LI 2019 players at 3d. Those are the boys I do know. However, I am familiar with the ones I don't know personally, all good, strong, solid players who are stars on their school and club teams.

We have nothing to worry about. Our 8th grade boys are skilled and well trained. They do not have to be the biggest to be the best.

They will all come away from this weekend more aware of what they need to do to keep on top.

That my friend, is priceless. Every penny spent on this weekend will come back ten fold if they all come back and challenge themselves to be better players and great students.

It is too soon to worry about DI vs. DIII yet. They are wearing braces, discovering girls and still like mom and dad.

I wish all of them well. A healthy rest of the winter and a quick end to the cold so we can go out and watch them all play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's a great post. 😊

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clubs are being represented down in FLA this weekend?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the LI boys doing at Jake Reed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the LI boys doing at Jake Reed?

Strong Island players are doing well. Strong, sound, tough lacrosse players.

Eye opening how many great 8th graders are out there. Really quick, strong, fast, SMART lacrosse players who are not from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player gets I ker for the Jake Reed camp in July- then what? Is there also a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry- auto correct above. What happens next if a player gets invited back for Jake Reed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what was said at the camp, 2019's should not worry about getting looked at by college coaches at this point. They should play, practice, train and keep healthy.

They told us only a few invites will be extended to 2019's. The teams were fairly balanced. Plenty of offensive drills all weekend and plenty of goals attempted. Many made, many saved.

Invitations are said to come out March 1st.

My son is there to witness what he will be up against in the future. He is playing with the best. The game is quick, fast, and the boys are flying up and down the field passing and shooting. Every game is college paced.

The boys are getting a work out and they are mentally exhausted.

All good things. Playing lacrosse on a high level everyday is demanding. He is learning that now and it will remain with him, especially because HE WANTS to be the best, every game. He has found out that it is hard to be the best every game when every player on your team also wants to be the best.

He told me he has work to do when he comes home.

That was the best thing he could have said to me. It made the entire weekend worth it.

Wishing good health and a quick end to winter to all of our 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great info. Thank you. I am still unsure of the invite. Is that for a second camp in the summer? Is that for a team? And are they choosing a group or team for every age group or just one team or set of invites inclusive of all the age groups? How many players will be invited back and will there be equal numbers from each age invited back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It says 120 from each age group invited to the summer camp on the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is the best 2019 team in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is Madlax 2019 the best 2019 team in the USA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely because they have the most kids on the team that should either be 2018's or 2017's... That would be my guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't. Thet aren't the best 2019 team in the DC/Maryland area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, you're a 2019 player from Looneys, or Crabs, etc stirring the pot?
Go back to your homework and get to bed early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm from NYC, I would like to see the 2019 teams from Team 91, Long Island Express and Long Island Express Westchester play a team like Madlax if they are that good. I've watched the NY-based teams play a few times and all three have unbelievable talent for 13 year olds. I would like to watch a team that plays at a higher level, beautiful game when played right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm from NYC, I would like to see the 2019 teams from Team 91, Long Island Express and Long Island Express Westchester play a team like Madlax if they are that good. I've watched the NY-based teams play a few times and all three have unbelievable talent for 13 year olds. I would like to watch a team that plays at a higher level, beautiful game when played right.

Not that the club directors would ever let it happen, but to have the three teams mentioned above along with Crabs, Dukes and Madlax in the same tournament would be great. It would truly showcase how much talent is spread across these clubs at 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
120 FROM EACH AGE GROUP FROM ALL 5 WEEKENDS OF PLAY.

It says 120 from each age group invited to the summer camp on the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the team that won all 4 games they played and it was some of the best lacrosse I've seen at this age. Coaching was great and all kids had plenty of playing time. What a great experience for all these boys.
Best of luck to those who get picked !

From what was said at the camp, 2019's should not worry about getting looked at by college coaches at this point. They should play, practice, train and keep healthy.

They told us only a few invites will be extended to 2019's. The teams were fairly balanced. Plenty of offensive drills all weekend and plenty of goals attempted. Many made, many saved.

Invitations are said to come out March 1st.

My son is there to witness what he will be up against in the future. He is playing with the best. The game is quick, fast, and the boys are flying up and down the field passing and shooting. Every game is college paced.

The boys are getting a work out and they are mentally exhausted.

All good things. Playing lacrosse on a high level everyday is demanding. He is learning that now and it will remain with him, especially because HE WANTS to be the best, every game. He has found out that it is hard to be the best every game when every player on your team also wants to be the best.

He told me he has work to do when he comes home.

That was the best thing he could have said to me. It made the entire weekend worth it.

Wishing good health and a quick end to winter to all of our 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If only they were all only 13. Try 13/14/15. Would love to know the ages of the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 What is your districts policy on bringing up MS players for HS lax. How do you find out what the policy is? What is typically the hardest part of being moved up. What do the rigors of the test truly prove. Especially for a goalie.

Are there any exemption to taking the test.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 What is your districts policy on bringing up MS players for HS lax. How do you find out what the policy is? What is typically the hardest part of being moved up. What do the rigors of the test truly prove. Especially for a goalie.

If the varsity coach needs/wants him to be on the team, he'll make it happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are 2 tests for a MS player playing up, a physical test for JV play and another for Varsity. The difference being time on run and possibly pullups, not 100% sure. The test for Varsity is only taken if the times/results when the JV test results didn't qualify the athlete for Varsity play. There shouldn't be any expemption. I think bringing an athlete up is at the discretion of the coaches. In lacrosse I think the Speed of the game is the biggest adjustment as well as playing vs. 16+yr old players as a 13/14 year old. you can have a big 8th grader move up, but they aren't nearly filled out as a 16+yr old. physicality and speed hardest part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was asked to play up as a goalie. There was no test that I know of. He had been playing up as long as I could remember so it was almost natural for him those were his lax friends. I wouldn't allow him to go to varsity. Because I thought it would be best to play w his friends and for playing time. The worst part of it all was the diagram they gave us to describe what stage of puberty he was at. They had several pictures of a boys/mans privates and we had to check off what stage he was at. Honestly at that time I hadn't seen his in quite some time so I lied. I really thought it was the strangest piece of paper I ever filled out
I do recall he had a few physical test he needed to take like a mile run so many pull ups push ups if he failed he could keep taking until he passed. They were not very rigorous from what I recall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot more than just a run and pull ups. Its mile run, shuttle run, arm hang, broad jump and the tanner puberty chart. Our district will not pull a player up from middle school unless they play varsity not just JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In NY it is called selection classification. Your school's website should have info on it. If not, contact the AD. In our district the deadline is this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone receive the game film from Jake Reed? What did you all think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone receive the game film from Jake Reed? What did you all think?

Waste of time and money at this stage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/pe/documents/scrivised2005.pdf

Here is a web site with the paperwork for the Selection Classification test.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax smoked Crabs and only lost to Dukes barely in the summer with the best player injured. And they have the best goalie, attack men, in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax smoked Crabs and only lost to Dukes barely in the summer with the best player injured. And they have the best goalie, attack men, in the country.

How old are the kids down there? Are they legal age yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not one single kid over the age limit. I just looked on the roster it states their birth dates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax cant beat CRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard