BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are these teams playing in Santa Jam? Never heard of them except for smithtown.

High voltage is a ward Melville based team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Ward Melville a High School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be sure to check to see the roster matches up. Some of the coaches like to bend the rules and slip their older son's into the game when they think no one is looking. When they get called out on it they play dumb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what tournaments are your teams playing in this spring/summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Warriors have not posted a schedule yet. I think it's safe to assume they'll be in Stonybrrok Lax Clash and LI Lax Fest. The rest are uncertain, I believe. Someone else may know more than I do, though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be sure to check to see the roster matches up. Some of the coaches like to bend the rules and slip their older son's into the game when they think no one is looking. When they get called out on it they play dumb.

bandits know that trick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bandits know that trick

Sounds like a jealous Outlaw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bandits know that trick

Bandits only do it when they're playing up. As much as I think it's insane and unnecessary, they are still playing within the rules. The kids a 5th grade holdback. Should be in 6th but isn't. They didn't make the rules, but they certainly exploit the loopholes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please... can we get off of this? Everyone knows what's going on with the bandits. It's not going to change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please... can we get off of this? Everyone knows what's going on with the bandits. It's not going to change.

Yeah, it's not changing, and by the way all the Bandits are committed to D1 schools already, so let's move on and talk about all the other great 2023 4th grade players on Long Island!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any input into what teams in 4th grade look good so far from watching Fall ball or winter Leagues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any input into what teams in 4th grade look good so far from watching Fall ball or winter Leagues?

There's a lot of new teams with strong chemistry. The club scene is becoming very diversified and the playing fields are leveling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams are practicing twice a week or at least once a week with kids in various tournaments. These teams are getting stronger. The two little guys to watch though are the 91b Warriors and the Empire green team. Warriors even though a B team have been together 3 years now and could be a strong team since they practice a lot and have at least one new top recruit. Empire Green, the new program, have a lot of strong kids defense and offense .This was clear at MLK but they don't practice at all and the competition wasn't there. They also have too many kids on that team to develop the talent they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams are practicing twice a week or at least once a week with kids in various tournaments. These teams are getting stronger. The two little guys to watch though are the 91b Warriors and the Empire green team. Warriors even though a B team have been together 3 years now and could be a strong team since they practice a lot and have at least one new top recruit. Empire Green, the new program, have a lot of strong kids defense and offense .This was clear at MLK but they don't practice at all and the competition wasn't there. They also have too many kids on that team to develop the talent they have.

Great post.
Another team to look at is the new 91 team out of the Sports Hub called Hurricanes. The 4th grade team is their best. Its their first year and we'll see how the season unfolds. They've been playing up against 5th grade and have been winning.
Brian O'Keefe is the director so I'm sure the team will be a strong force for the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Great post.
Another team to look at is the new 91 team out of the Sports Hub called Hurricanes. The 4th grade team is their best. Its their first year and we'll see how the season unfolds. They've been playing up against 5th grade and have been winning.
Brian O'Keefe is the director so I'm sure the team will be a strong force for the future.

Thanks for the self promotion. I love the "4th grade team is their best". The rest of their teams are combined grade teams because they couldn't even field full grade teams other than the 4th grade team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post.

At this age how can you compare teams (91) who practice year round to teams like (Empire) that haven't practice yet as a team? You really can't and shouldn't...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 empire green entered MLK tourney in 3/4 grade bracket and played mostly if not all 3rd graders. Sachem was all 3rd grade- other 2 teams were 2 town teams combined for each team. Play true 4th grade teams and then post your kudos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post.

At this age how can you compare teams (91) who practice year round to teams like (Empire) that haven't practice yet as a team? You really can't and shouldn't...

Just looking at the talent with new clubs and know who the kids are and where they are from. Over time the plays, zones, etc will click. These new clubs in 4th grade have some great talent. It's a good grade for long island diversity!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Agree with the input regarding the Empire 4th grade green team. They look to have a good foundation with talented players all the way around. Although the competition was on the weaker side, you can see that this group can and will be one to reckon with once they build more chemistry with one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Agree with the input regarding the Empire 4th grade green team. They look to have a good foundation with talented players all the way around. Although the competition was on the weaker side, you can see that this group can and will be one to reckon with once they build more chemistry with one another.

It would be great to see ALL of 91 Dynamic Sports Management teams play each other in scrimmages to get better. Hurricanes, Empire, Warriors, Bandits, 91 Westchester.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade Igloo will dominate this spring and summer. They added a new coach with many good players. Can't wait to see how they do against 91 and empire... Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade Igloo will dominate this spring and summer. They added a new coach with many good players. Can't wait to see how they do against 91 and empire... Lol

We've all seen how Igloo accepts kids because the parents know the evaluators. It will be fun to crush them and show them how a $3,000 annual team fee is useless.
Happy trails sucker!! See you in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that the coach that got fired from Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We've all seen how Igloo accepts kids because the parents know the evaluators. It will be fun to crush them and show them how a $3,000 annual team fee is useless.
Happy trails sucker!! See you in Maryland.

So true......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wish people would keep their opinions to themselves. When they speak out on behalf of a whole team you just make the team look foolish. Especially when you don't know anything at all because there are no actual facts to base anything on. Only time will tell. Leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that the coach that got fired from Express?

Your an [lacrosse]!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait ... Did you just say "see you in Maryland" ? Dude , your kid is 9 . Calm down .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having an 8th and 9th grader playing , you guys sound insane. These boys are 9 years old. I know when mine were that age this immature name calling , insulting , chest pumping didn't go on. You guys and gals are losing it. Relax. When your son is in 8th grade there will maybe be 3/4 kids on the team that are on your "A" team now. You will see. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having an 8th and 9th grader playing , you guys sound insane. These boys are 9 years old. I know when mine were that age this immature name calling , insulting , chest pumping didn't go on. You guys and gals are losing it. Relax. When your son is in 8th grade there will maybe be 3/4 kids on the team that are on your "A" team now. You will see. Good luck.

Why are you on a 2023 thread if your kids are older. Not buying it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't get fired, those that were there know the true story. He's better off now. Old program not what it used to be and igloo is on the rise

User
User

The poster is on this thread because maybe they want to help some obviously unbalanced individuals. You should pay some attention to folks who have kids who have been through youth lacrosse and moved up into HS and college. Their insight may bring some sanity to those not possessing any. Maybe their words will help your son as well who might just be sick of hearing his Mom and Dad talk so badly about other players and coaches.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. And totally agree. And that's coming from a 2023 parent! I wish these posters would stop dragging the rest of us down with their foolish proclamations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't get fired, those that were there know the true story. He's better off now. Old program not what it used to be and igloo is on the rise

Is Express on the outs??
I know the 4th grade Honey Badgers are pretty good. What's up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

The poster is on this thread because maybe they want to help some obviously

unbalanced individuals. You should pay some attention to folks who have kids who have been through youth lacrosse and moved up into HS and college. Their insight may bring some sanity to those not possessing any. Maybe their words will help your son as well who might just be sick of hearing his Mom and Dad talk so badly about other players and coaches.

Exactly why I was on the thread. I also have a 2022 and have to say my sons team doesn't act like that. No doubt that the 3/4 graders are showing better skills each year. That doesn't mean you have a prodigy child. It means he and hundreds of others all over are at that level. It's a long journey. Enjoy the friendships he and you will make along the way. Your "enemy " on Igloo or 91B might be your sideline buddy in a few years. Good luck and enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unbalanced individuals. You should pay some attention to folks who have kids who have been through youth lacrosse and moved up into HS and college. Their insight may bring some sanity to those not possessing any. Maybe their words will help your son as well who might just be sick of hearing his Mom and Dad talk so badly about other players and coaches.

thank you for possibly responding to yourself. I get it. there are unbalanced people on this thread. that is what you get when everything is anonymous. I find all of this completely useless as far as what is true and what is being embellished. Everyone has been there, done that. Kid is great. So on and so on. You are wasting your breath thinking people are going to stop acting like that. actually engaging in conversation is what fuels the fire of these individuals. This site will eventually fold because the lawsuits are going to be piling up once the laws catch up to social media libelous statements. My point is I have no idea if what you are saying is from experience or if it just sounds good. It's pretty obvious to a balanced person that we have a long way to go as far as who our kids will be playing with. Using the word insane may be true but it just fuels the fire. These tit for tat conversations on here are between people that already have a beef with one another. It's a cowardly way of harassing someone but no one really knows who is actually speaking. That's very dangerous because kids are on here too.

Exactly why I was on the thread. I also have a 2022 and have to say my sons team doesn't act like that. No doubt that the 3/4 graders are showing better skills each year. That doesn't mean you have a prodigy child. It means he and hundreds of others all over are at that level. It's a long journey. Enjoy the friendships he and you will make along the way. Your "enemy " on Igloo or 91B might be your sideline buddy in a few years. Good luck and enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Express on the outs??

No, it's not. There is just a lot of bad blood between grown ups who act like children. Don't pretend you are just an innocent bystander trying to find out what's up. please don't insult the intelligence of some of us on here. It's an old tactic. Post something, respond to it yourself and act like you have followers.

I know the 4th grade Honey Badgers are pretty good. What's up?
your gig.

User
User

thank you for possibly responding to yourself. I get it. there are unbalanced people on this thread. that is what you get when everything is anonymous. I find all of this completely useless as far as what is true and what is being embellished. Everyone has been there, done that. Kid is great. So on and so on. You are wasting your breath thinking people are going to stop acting like that. actually engaging in conversation is what fuels the fire of these individuals. This site will eventually fold because the lawsuits are going to be piling up once the laws catch up to social media libelous statements. My point is I have no idea if what you are saying is from experience or if it just sounds good. It's pretty obvious to a balanced person that we have a long way to go as far as who our kids will be playing with. Using the word insane may be true but it just fuels the fire. These tit for tat conversations on here are between people that already have a beef with one another. It's a cowardly way of harassing someone but no one really knows who is actually speaking. That's very dangerous because kids are on here too.

Here's where your statement makes assumptions ....and you know what that makes...

"thank you for possibly responding to yourself. I get it. there are unbalanced people on this thread"....I posted the statement as a moderator and certainly didn't respond to myself.

" that is what you get when everything is anonymous."....Trust me you are NOT anonymous.

" This site will eventually fold because the lawsuits are going to be piling up once the laws catch up to social media libelous statements"....Maybe those making such statements will have an issue. BOTC will be fine thanks.

"It's a cowardly way of harassing someone but no one really knows who is actually speaking."......You couldn't be more wrong about not knowing who is actually posting. You yourself should register. At least you get to make a cool name.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's where your statement makes assumptions ....and you know what that makes...

"thank you for possibly responding to yourself. I get it. there are unbalanced people on this thread"....I posted the statement as a moderator and certainly didn't respond to myself.

" that is what you get when everything is anonymous."....Trust me you are NOT anonymous.

" This site will eventually fold because the lawsuits are going to be piling up once the laws catch up to social media libelous statements"....Maybe those making such statements will have an issue. BOTC will be fine thanks.

"It's a cowardly way of harassing someone but no one really knows who is actually speaking."......You couldn't be more wrong about not knowing who is actually posting. You yourself should register. At least you get to make a cool name.

Of course I am making assumptions, and I did register. I have nothing to hide. I'm simply stating people have no idea who they are talking to. It's what is wrong with this site. People should all register and disclose who they are. It would cut back on all the nonsense. Every time I go to a tournament or practice people are always talking about the bashing that goes on on BOTC. I simply say you can't trust a site where everyone is anonymous. There have been some horrible postings on here. I just saw another thread shut down because of it and reopen. I'm glad you are monitoring what is going on. People would never talk to each other this way if they were face to face or if they knew who they were talking to. It's just my opinion. It's none of anyone's business why a coach leaves or moves to a different organization but on a site like this they can hide behind anonymity. It's just asking for trouble if you ask me. Sorry if I offended you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster is on this thread because maybe they want to help some obviously unbalanced individuals. You should pay some attention to folks who have kids who have been through youth lacrosse and moved up into HS and college. Their insight may bring some sanity to those not possessing any. Maybe their words will help your son as well who might just be sick of hearing his Mom and Dad talk so badly about other players and coaches.

I just saw this also. I don't have a young one anymore. I was on here commenting about the weather at Shamrock. I have a few older boys and could add the same insight as this other poster. I do remember a little bit of name calling and club coach bashing in 4/5/6th grade but that does stop a bit.

Sure there will be some hold back conversations and a lunatic parent but For every lunatic parent there are 3 caring families that look over the group. for the most part this lacrosse scene on Li is a community, dare I say family.

You will see many of the boys who are good, self-declared better, for their age stay as good as the years go on. Sure a few come and go some grow at different rates. But the majority of the "players" remain the same.

The best part, the players become friends with each other and regardless their team or affiliation they appreciate each other, many relish the opportunity to play with, do clinics with, and play against each other.

Enjoy the ride, there is no right answer for every player. As the parent you need to know what is best for your child.

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard