BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 86 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax U15 team had 3 kids from Florida. All other players from the DC area team. And, a majority of the team was 2018, playing against 2017 teams.

Madlax played Brady's Bunch, FCA National 2017, and Sweetlax 2017 in the playoffs. All very good teams.

Ugh, that's because there's barely a 2017 in the MD area that could make the U-15 cut-off. The madlax team should be 2017. Sorry, dems da faks. Why else would you put a 2018 in? Because next year they will be TOO OLD! Hello, anybody home???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so dumb. Read this tournaments age rule cut offs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 5th grade team's are going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax U15 team had 3 kids from Florida. All other players from the DC area team. And, a majority of the team was 2018, playing against 2017 teams.

Madlax played Brady's Bunch, FCA National 2017, and Sweetlax 2017 in the playoffs. All very good teams.

Ugh, that's because there's barely a 2017 in the MD area that could make the U-15 cut-off. The madlax team should be 2017. Sorry, dems da faks. Why else would you put a 2018 in? Because next year they will be TOO OLD! Hello, anybody home???

My 2017 son is a D1 commit and he is 15, just aged enough to get his driver's permit. He has club teammates who have been driving themselves to school for over a year. Funny how certain programs "disappear" when there is a U-15 tournament. Pretty much eliminates every single Maryland or Philly main line club. If you wanted to enter a Canadian team for a U-15 tournament you'd need to start raiding Edge's 2020 team.

I'll give Madlax due credit for getting a U-15 team together. The other clubs would be too embarrassed to trot out 6th and 7th grade holdbacks to get a beat down against boys their own age. Would wound the self esteem too much...of the parents that is. I am not a Madlax parent, but maybe some of you hey ungrateful quitter groupies and trash throwing losers should focus a bit more on helping your 16 year old with his pre-algebra homework tonite after he drives home from his intense 40 minutes at the gym to get ready for those HS varsity tryouts as a 9th grader coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what year was your son cut from Madlax or not starting for Madlax?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how certain programs "disappear" when there is a U-15 tournament.

Because what HS student who is U15 eligible would want to play in a U15 event?

Nobody, it seems, except Madlax parents who are obsessed with bragging about a "national" championship that isn't anywhere near a national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how certain programs "disappear" when there is a U-15 tournament.

Because what HS student who is U15 eligible would want to play in a U15 event?

Nobody, it seems, except Madlax parents who are obsessed with bragging about a "national" championship that isn't anywhere near a national championship.

If my son's club asked him to play for a national championship we'd go. His club can't because of all the holdback nonsense. They'd have to take 7th grade team. The [lacrosse]'s tournament is a merit based entrance based on the performance of clubs at other feeder tournaments which all the top clubs go to. Turtles, FCA and 3d national went in 2013. Not sure about 2014. It is pretty classless to take this tone on a Madlax accomplishment. For you to say no self respecting 2017 would go is incorrect, hardly any of these 2017s can go because they play down so much and are aged out. If Jake Reed went age based, all the lemmings would go. Same with Maverick Showtime. Go sell some VLC t shirts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax did not name the tournament, so how would you like them to annouce there tournament win? Would you like there Tweet to look like this "Madlax U15 National team just won the Fake over hyped Dicks National Champoinship." This tournament is a good warm up for when they play in the Young Guns and tournaments like that. They do not play with the National players very often 3 times a year at the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is fair to say every lacrosse tournament is watered down now including the come one come all Crabfeast and Young Guns. The only tournament I can think of that limits to less than a dozen teams and all the teams are invite only and best in their year is the Adrenaline Platinum Cup. This sport has blown so bigger and there are so many more organized tournaments run by the top clubs that it is never going to be the case that one tournament will get all the best teams, or even most of them. There are also always going to be great teams you'll never see. If your kid plays for Madlax you'll never see the Adrenaline teams, if you are Crabs you'll never see 3d or Blackwolf, and if you are 3d you'll never see anybody else because they run their own tournaments. This all seems to be because the club owners run in little herds and don't want to invite their rivals to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU basketball is the only youth sport that has the best of the best play each other. But youth football has 3 strong leagues that never play national together. Soccer I have no idea because I am not from Spain or France. I think youth baseball has 3 or more large league names to keep all the teams apart. Youth softball lets there teams play in all three of there major leagues. But you have to lose and gain players becasue of the age rules. Just saying its the same everywhere I am guessing from my veiw point

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my son's club asked him to play for a national championship we'd go. His club can't because of all the holdback nonsense. They'd have to take 7th grade team. The [lacrosse]'s tournament is a merit based entrance based on the performance of clubs at other feeder tournaments which all the top clubs go to. Turtles, FCA and 3d national went in 2013. Not sure about 2014. It is pretty classless to take this tone on a Madlax accomplishment. For you to say no self respecting 2017 would go is incorrect, hardly any of these 2017s can go because they play down so much and are aged out. If Jake Reed went age based, all the lemmings would go. Same with Maverick Showtime. Go sell some VLC t shirts.

As a Madlax parent, please stop taking shots at other clubs, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic. The Deadspin article is bad enough. Making the attacks over and over again doesn't make us look very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the other Madlax parent. Madlax is a very well run club and has great teams as a whole from top to bottom. Taking shots at VLC or any other local team does no one any good. We should all support all the local travel teams as a whole. These kids on all these teams are our sons friends and classmates in most cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the other Madlax parent. Madlax is a very well run club and has great teams as a whole from top to bottom. Taking shots at VLC or any other local team does no one any good. We should all support all the local travel teams as a whole. These kids on all these teams are our sons friends and classmates in most cases.

+1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+2

Congratulations to Madlax 2019's on their World and National Championships. Amazing 2014!

Have a fun 2015

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+2

Congratulations to Madlax 2019's on their World and National Championships. Amazing 2014!

Have a fun 2015

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+2

Have a fun 2015

Actually, I think the entire Madlax program won the GALACTIC championship as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any 2018s commit to New Jersey School of Interior Design yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you are trying to upset someone from Madlax with this post. How can can you talk bad about the 4 players from 2018 and the schools they are going to. If they pick these same schools next year or the year after would you still be upset. The players you are trying to bad mouth are great players and will be great players in 4 years and the schools that picked them know this. If you look at 90% of all the early signings they are the kids that are bigger and project to become bigger. Its a smart gamble for these schools when they have 50 or so man rosters and only 10 people on the field at once. So in theroy they only need to hit on a 1 to 5 ratio.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you are trying to upset someone from Madlax with this post. How can can you talk bad about the 4 players from 2018 and the schools they are going to. If they pick these same schools next year or the year after would you still be upset. The players you are trying to bad mouth are great players and will be great players in 4 years and the schools that picked them know this. If you look at 90% of all the early signings they are the kids that are bigger and project to become bigger. Its a smart gamble for these schools when they have 50 or so man rosters and only 10 people on the field at once. So in theroy they only need to hit on a 1 to 5 ratio.

That's the JHU, UVa and UNC early recruiting math. How's that 1 in 5 working out for those programs of late? The combined NCAA tournament wins in the past 3 years is 3. With due respect, good for the kids bad for the programs. Early recruiting is leading to disastrous impact on the youth game starting with 7th and 8th graders, and has so far resulting in garbage for results at the premier early recruiting programs. It is a dumb gamble by the NCAA programs, and is a silly thing when kids who have no HS grades are "committed" to colleges they may not be admitted at. UVa admissions said hasta la vista to two commits last year, and did not admit two verbally committed kids this year. The numbers go up at the Ivy schools. Princeton admissions declined 4 lacrosse recruits this December. Coach is basically doing a resume...he can't coach and not he can't recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you want to do the math of the kids who they pick up in there Jr or Sr. year. I am pretty sure the number of the kids working out is pretty close. Its a guessing game thats why they are betting on the 8th/9th grade kids so they can get a head start. Of all the kids from 4 or 5 years ago who where picked up in there fresh. or soph. year how many of them worked out? And if they had waited do you want me to think they would of never got signed by these same schools just in there Jr. or Sr. year? I think not they surely would of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The players ... will be great players in 4 years and the schools that picked them know this. If you look at 90% of all the early signings they are the kids that are bigger and project to become bigger."

Could be the dumbest statement to date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players you are trying to bad mouth are great players and will be great players in 4 years and the schools that picked them know this.

Nobody knows if a HS freshman who commits to a university will be a great player in 4 years, let alone some random lax dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is no one knows who is going to be a great college Lax player. I am sure the Math is the same for kids they find there Sr. year. They D1 schools get 50 or more trys to find 18 studs every year. Its a numbers game its better for them to guess on 9th graders and then wait and pick up the late growers. If there college rosters where 25 kids they would have to do it your way. but they are not and this is the best way for them to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can only think of one reason why lacrosse is running rosters up to 50, 55, 60 now as a 12.6 sport where there's 10 on the field and maybe 18 on a given roster who play a lot. A lot of lacrosse parents will pay most or all of tuition to have their kid attend a college to play lacrosse. That is good for business if you are a university. Let's face it, none of these kids or parents would be clamoring go to to schools like Quinnipiac, Monmouth or High Point. Those are close to "I sign your name" to get admitted schools. In the end this is better targeted advertising for colleges trying to market for tuition paying students than the hundreds of emails kids get after taking the PSAT and scoring above the bottom quartile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quinnipiac is not an easy school to get into academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just pulled the stat, its 45 is the avg. D1 roster size. with D2 being 38 and D3 being 34. The above commit is also correct in that most Lacrosse parents can send there kid to school on there on dime. They just want them to be able to get into the school they want them to go to. So the top schools can afford to gamble on a 9th grader because they will still get the senior to come to there school and play. He just will have to pay for all of his first year until he kicks but and earns more cash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quinnipiac acceptance rate is 63% in 2010 do with what you want with this stat. I was to lazy to find a 2014.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow very surprised to hear 63% acceptance rate. Thought it would have been higher then that. Thanks for info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quinnipiac is not an easy school to get into academically.

If you spell your own name wrong on the application. Who are you trying to fool?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse colleges with high acceptance rates in %s:

Denver 67.6
Quinnipiac 68.7
Fairfield 69.4
Delaware 59.4
Bellarmine 86.1
Towson 52.2
Mt. Saint Mary's 55.5
UMBC 61.4
Loyola 64.6
UMass 62.6
UMass Lowell 65.8
U Detroit 61.5
Rutgers 60.8
NJIT 63.7
Monmouth 71.1
Syracuse 51.3
UAlbany 51.3
High Point 64.2
Penn State 54.7
Drexel 74.9
Bryant 76.7
Furman 77.5
UVermont 76.7

That is 23 D1 scholarship schools in this sport using acceptancerate.com as a source.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking at this list it really depends on how smart your son is. I got a public school B student. So these numbers make me happy. But I can see how the parents paying 20k for high school could be upset if there kid picks one of these schools. I just told my son when he was U11 that if he keeps making the teams I would find a way to pay for it. Same with college and college lacrosse thats all a parent should do support there kids and there dreams and goals. There is no way to put a price on it and try to say if its worth the money or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking at this list it really depends on how smart your son is. I got a public school B student. So these numbers make me happy. But I can see how the parents paying 20k for high school could be upset if there kid picks one of these schools. I just told my son when he was U11 that if he keeps making the teams I would find a way to pay for it. Same with college and college lacrosse thats all a parent should do support there kids and there dreams and goals. There is no way to put a price on it and try to say if its worth the money or not.

Excellent post. The economics of men's college lacrosse are resoundingly terrible versus other sports. 12.6 over 45-60 roster positions now. Sports paid for my college and also got me to a better college I merited on academics alone. I also keep telling my kids keep at your interests and passions, and let us adults worry about the bills to cover them. College sports SHOULD be about two things. One is a financial variable, and the economics of men's college lacrosse are abysmal. 12.6 over rosters of 45-55 that are trending higher is not something for any responsible parent to focus on. If there is financial need there are forms of financial aid and academic scholarships if kids are good students. The other is what I call "marrying up" variable, which means sports can get you admitted into a better school than a kid may otherwise get into on plain application merits without a sports boost. It is a real big mistake to "commit" to a school like Denver or High Point that passports basically anyone in with mediocre grades just to have a sports social status, but that is just opinion. B students, if recruited, can go to some nifty colleges and that is the real victory. Trust me, it happened when I got that benefit and that benefit is still alive and well. Not on that list are some great academic schools that also have lacrosse programs, the service academies, etc. Lacrosse is using you - the parents - so use it back. As a parent I never went into this thinking Madlax or other club owners are my friends or that they have our families best interests in mind, because beyond coaching them in a youth sport and giving our kids a venue to enjoy this they don't have my best interests in mind.

If you are really lucky you can play a kids game for a few more years in college. What I can appreciate is looking back I enjoyed it all. Youth, HS and college sports. A kid gets the same kick out of being on a championship team or getting other accolades out of every level just the same. My parents were just as excited to see me out there playing for a town rec team as a little guy as they were later to see me compete in college, and I am grateful for that. It is a lot harder for us to pull that off in this club lacrosse cesspool, but I'm trying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can add:
Ohio State 64.0%
Canisius 73.9%
Hofstra 58.8%
Mercer 63.1%
Robert Morris 82.3%
Siena 62.8%
St. Josephs 61.8%
Wagner 71.9%

This constitutes 31 D1 lacrosse programs at schools with acceptance rates above 50% to over 85%. This also constitutes over half of the D1 lacrosse men's lacrosse scholarship schools taking into consideration no athletic grant-in-aid at Ivy or service academies. I have no idea if there are some D1 programs that are under funded or not fully funded with the 12.6 max.

At the other extreme, obviously are the remaining Patriot League schools (Bucknell, et al) some ACC, Hopkins, Ivies and the 100% free ride service academies:
West Point 9.0%
Navy 6.8%
Air Force 9.9%

Very sobering for lacrosse parents not only looking for scholarship dough but also for a good academic college focus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+2

Have a fun 2015

Actually, I think the entire Madlax program won the GALACTIC championship as well.

L O L !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok let me get this worked out. You talk bad about people who only care about there kids getting to college and the money they should get. Then you talk bad about people when they talk about the titles and championships they won. When they list the titles they give a link and full name feel free to look it up and see how big of a deal it is. They are not making up the names for the championships the win. They Play in the NPYLL they play in Crabfest. Where else would you like Madlax as a whole to play in to prove they are good or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok let me get this worked out. You talk bad about people who only care about there kids getting to college and the money they should get. Then you talk bad about people when they talk about the titles and championships they won. When they list the titles they give a link and full name feel free to look it up and see how big of a deal it is. They are not making up the names for the championships the win. They Play in the NPYLL they play in Crabfest. Where else would you like Madlax as a whole to play in to prove they are good or not?

Because nobody would ever call that tournament a "national championship".

Must be nice giving your money and exposing your son to a psychopath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the name of it ! You want them to rename the darn thing? I am sure your club puts all your wins on there website also. My son was raised to handle anything a coach could say to him. My family is not scared of a nasty email. And once again I am sorry your son was cut or yelled at to loud my a Madlax coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a rival club stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about calling it the actual title: [lacrosse]'S Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions.

Instead, some lunatic Madlax dads and moms need to brag in the carpool line that they won the national championship.

Sad. As for the owner, being tough on kids is one thing. Threatening a kid and his family for wanting a change of scenery? You are REALLY defending that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That is the name of it ! You want them to rename the darn thing? I am sure your club puts all your wins on there website also. My son was raised to handle anything a coach could say to him. My family is not scared of a nasty email. And once again I am sorry your son was cut or yelled at to loud my a Madlax coach.

Who did you beat in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP......The Mary Dobkin All Stars from Marin County?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 86 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard