BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We need all of you on the 2019 thread to help us out.

I am only one of many who are going through this for the first time.

Crazy as it sounds, I take what I read here on BOTC and filter out the BS and take note of the good advice.

Thanks for the insight.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a thought:

It would be great if 2018 and above veteran parents can give a talk to 2019 parents regarding all of the showcases which are out there.

Would love to have a get together at a bar one sunday evening to go over all of this, now, while applications are being accepted before money is due to secure a spot for my son.

Plenty of libraries and bars have space open.

Q & A would be great. No powerpoint necessary.

I would be able to bring 6 guys with me easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite or varsity groups are for Ted Spencer Blue chip 225. Not Jake Reed.

I posted what are peoples opinion of Ted Spencers Blue Chip Elite Division. My son applied and was selected to the elite division. Dont know much about it so was wondering what peoples opinion of it were. Is it worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted what are peoples opinion of Ted Spencers Blue Chip Elite Division. My son applied and was selected to the elite division. Dont know much about it so was wondering what peoples opinion of it were. Is it worth it?

Ok here's the deal on this whole recruiting thing for 2019 parents. It works like this: if your son is one of the 4or5 best kids on one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the country at 2019 then your son will probably have some offers on the table or be committed by this time next year. This will happen pretty much with or without Jake Reed. For the rest of the kids, it will take a little longer. It will also require a bit more commitment from you. It then becomes a numbers game to secure the most exposure for your son. Try to get your son into the showcase and make sure your on a club that will be playing in top tournaments. I.E. NSCLA, Crabfest, Big 4, Adrenaline, inside lax, NXT etc. best showcases for fall are FPS, and Legacy. Number one showcase for rising sophomore is Showtime. Must be one of the best players on 91, Express, fl$ or Outlaws to secure direct invite from club. Those 4 clubs are the only ones on LI that will have direct invites. Anyone says differently they're not being truthful. Moral of the story, it's a number game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok here's the deal on this whole recruiting thing for 2019 parents. It works like this: if your son is one of the 4or5 best kids on one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the country at 2019 then your son will probably have some offers on the table or be committed by this time next year. This will happen pretty much with or without Jake Reed. For the rest of the kids, it will take a little longer. It will also require a bit more commitment from you. It then becomes a numbers game to secure the most exposure for your son. Try to get your son into the showcase and make sure your on a club that will be playing in top tournaments. I.E. NSCLA, Crabfest, Big 4, Adrenaline, inside lax, NXT etc. best showcases for fall are FPS, and Legacy. Number one showcase for rising sophomore is Showtime. Must be one of the best players on 91, Express, fl$ or Outlaws to secure direct invite from club. Those 4 clubs are the only ones on LI that will have direct invites. Anyone says differently they're not being truthful. Moral of the story, it's a number game.

Thank you for your insight.
What's your opinion on spending the money on multiple prospect camps instead of being the best player on 91, fl$, Express?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for your insight.
What's your opinion on spending the money on multiple prospect camps instead of being the best player on 91, fl$, Express?

Nothing say you can't do both, just go with the prospect camps that your son is interested in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What site(s) are best for posting committments?

Thanks for any thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Xanders recently posted them all in a single article.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"NSCLA, Crabfest, Big 4, Adrenaline, inside lax, NXT"

Do others agree with this list of tournaments or want to add any? I'm curious because I'd like to look at the list of what teams play in these tournaments to see if any teams are going other than teams that seem to be getting a lot of 2018 commitments (Sweetlax, Crabs, Dukes, Team 91, Madlax). In other words, what kind of teams outside these DI-loaded teams getting looks at these tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Xanders recently posted them all in a single article.

Thanks - I know he has them on his recruitingrundown site - not sure his is complete and was wondering if there were other places where committments are listed?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons played Ted Spencer's Blue Chip 225 as rising seniors. As I recall as part of the application process your HS coach had to recommend whether you would play Varsity or Elite. The camp is very well run and each team is coached by a combination of college coaches from D1 and DIII (there may have been DII coaches as well). Check the web site for this information and lots more is on it. The boys play a lot of games. The camp concludes with an All-Star game for each division. Tons of coaches watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for information on how how I find out about a prospect camp for a college my son is interested in.

I will not go to my son's club coach or director to ask and he is not yet in HS, so I cannot ask the varsity coach.

If anyone is willing to take the time to list the steps to take to research a college prospect camp, it would be appreciated.

I understand they fill up quickly once the registration is posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for information on how how I find out about a prospect camp for a college my son is interested in.

I will not go to my son's club coach or director to ask and he is not yet in HS, so I cannot ask the varsity coach.

If anyone is willing to take the time to list the steps to take to research a college prospect camp, it would be appreciated.

You would email the college coach who is running the camp. If not in HS yet, it's way too early. An 8th grader playing vs 11th and 12th graders is not a great idea. Slow down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What site(s) are best for posting committments?

Thanks for any thoughts

Youth1 Sports web site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The steps that we took was simple, the college coaches that were interested, contacted the club coach and had them relay the information stating that they college coach would like you to attend the prospect camp. Other than that, you will need to just go to their websites and fill out the questionnaire and sign up, you will still need to put in your club information. As a rising freshman, that is about the extent of what can be done, so I would recommend that if your son is interested in particulars schools, reach out to the club coach/directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a nut. Just curious about the prospect camp process since many parents here are advocating that this is the way to go.

Using this year to investigate and take all my notes. Hoping to decide which showcases will work with the season schedule and look into training camps.

Having my sons get a year if HS under their belt and a year more of growing will put me in great shape as a parent trying to navigate this with twins playing 2 different positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

many ways to do this -
#1) fill out the online recruiting questionnaire on the schools web site, that will give the college coaches your e-mail address and they can send you info on the prospect camps.

#2) send an e-mail to the college coaches saying you are interested in the school and would like to go to the prospect day, again that will give them your e-mail so you can be added to the list.

Colleges can not give preferential treatment to a kid they are interested in and all kids are supposed to get a fair shot at signing up but the e-mails for the prospect days are sent in waves and you want to be in the first wave of e-mails and your best bet is by having your club coach contact the college staff and let them know you are interested.

IMHO if you are not a stud player, top 3-4 players on a top club team don't worry to much about the prospect camps as a rising 9th grader unless it is absolutely your #1 dream school, you will have plenty of time to spend your money when the schools are filling their rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do you know about adrenaline black cup for 2017/2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good showcase.

I would say Maverick is still #1, and now that Jake Reed has been diluted by 3d doubling the # of kids attending, Black Card may now be the 2nd best showcase in summer.

They invite about 114 kids per grad year, 2018 and 2017, so seems to be pretty selective.

Anyone know when are invites going out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a nut. Just curious about the prospect camp process since many parents here are advocating that this is the way to go.

Using this year to investigate and take all my notes. Hoping to decide which showcases will work with the season schedule and look into training camps.

Having my sons get a year if HS under their belt and a year more of growing will put me in great shape as a parent trying to navigate this with twins playing 2 different positions.

If you actually have to announce on here that you are not a nut, there is a pretty good chance , you may be a nut!😳🌰

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe some are out and others trickling in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good showcase.

I would say Maverick is still #1, and now that Jake Reed has been diluted by 3d doubling the # of kids attending, Black Card may now be the 2nd best showcase in summer.

They invite about 114 kids per grad year, 2018 and 2017, so seems to be pretty selective.

Anyone know when are invites going out?

Invites are out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you actually have to announce on here that you are not a nut, there is a pretty good chance , you may be a nut!😳🌰

Sometimes you feel like a nut,
Sometimes you don't.

BOTC got nuts,
2018 thread usually don't.

BOTC got intense parents with definite opinions too,
2018 thread got them plus veteran experience, ooh.

Sometimes you feel like a nut.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Sometimes you don't.
Ooh, Ooh

BOTC got nuts,
2018 thread don't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please dish about Maverick Showtime Lacrosse Camp.

I tried to look up info but nothing is written about how players are selected to attend.

How do Sophomores & Juniors secure an invite? Is it through the HS coach? Club coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else have an opinion on Black Card? Website says top 1% in nation. Are there better ones to attend this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else have an opinion on Black Card? Website says top 1% in nation. Are there better ones to attend this summer?

No comparison to Showtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I tried to look up info but nothing is written about how players are selected to attend.

How do Sophomores & Juniors secure an invite? Is it through the HS coach? Club coach?

Camp is only for Rising Sophomores and Juniors. Not for current Juniors. Players are nominated by Club coaches, only top Clubs will get direct invites. HS coaches can also get kids in. Must be top player on top club. Or have to be Varsity as a 9th grader kind of kid at average to better lax HS. Or top 2 or 3 kid in class at Best HS programs. Extremely selective event. Invites are long done for this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Camp is only for Rising Sophomores and Juniors. Not for current Juniors. Players are nominated by Club coaches, only top Clubs will get direct invites. HS coaches can also get kids in. Must be top player on top club. Or have to be Varsity as a 9th grader kind of kid at average to better lax HS. Or top 2 or 3 kid in class at Best HS programs. Extremely selective event. Invites are long done for this year.

As a freshman player on a JV team and on a good club team, my son has missed the rising sophomore invite.

In a world where he excels this summer going into 10th gr in the fall, how do I, as a parent, have him apply to Maverick?

Ask his HS coach? Ask his club coach?

He was not standout enough as a freshman, but this season has not begun, so I am going on the fact that he was not outstanding as an 8th grader or in the fall.

If you would explain the application process for the parents who are not in the know, that would be beneficial, especially to me.

Even if my son is not good enough to be asked, I would like to understand and know the process.

Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a freshman player on a JV team and on a good club team, my son has missed the rising sophomore invite.

In a world where he excels this summer going into 10th gr in the fall, how do I, as a parent, have him apply to Maverick?

He was not standout enough as a freshman, but this season has not begun, so I am going on the fact that he was not outstanding as an 8th grader or in the fall.

If you would explain the application process for the parents who are not in the know, that would be beneficial, especially to me.

Even if my son is not good enough to be asked, I would like to understand and know the process.

Thank you.
No application process. Best clubs usually recommend 5-6 kids, 3-5 get invites. My kid went last summer as a rising sophomore and is going again this summer. Nothing through his H.S. coach although is a route as well, strictly through the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.
No application process. Best clubs usually recommend 5-6 kids, 3-5 get invites. My kid went last summer as a rising sophomore and is going again this summer. Nothing through his H.S. coach although is a route as well, strictly through the club.

According to your post, correct me if I am wrong:

Club coach recommends my son this summer. Showtime sends invite out (if they like him) in Sept. My son attends in July of 2016.

My son will be a freshman in Sept. never having played a day in HS, and according to your post, the invite goes out to rising sophomores, jrs. that means he needs to be recommended this summer of 8th grade.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

According to your post, correct me if I am wrong:

Club coach recommends my son this summer. Showtime sends invite out (if they like him) in Sept. My son attends in July of 2016.

My son will be a freshman in Sept. never having played a day in HS, and according to your post, the invite goes out to rising sophomores, jrs. that means he needs to be recommended this summer of 8th grade.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
all correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loving this 2018 thread.

Thanks to ALL who are so forth coming with info, details and tips.

I, for one, am grateful for each of you taking the time to go into detail on how to select a Showcase, apply for an application, speak to my club coach, etc.

Very appreciative. I am sure I speak for the many parents out here who are beginning to navigate this process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2018 parents know anything about the nxt summer camp? If u do well their you get invite to philly freshman showcase. Is it worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2018 parents know anything about the nxt summer camp? If u do well their you get invite to philly freshman showcase. Is it worth it?

NXT events are top shelf. They are Adrenaline are the only two trusted brands now I think. Everyone accuses of home cooking bias, and sure there's some...Adrenaline is not going to NOT invite every West Coast Stars satellite program kid who is above fair or they'd be answering to a lot of angry WCS customers. But I would say that despite the home cooking factor which is a given everywhere NXT and ADRLN do great events. I'd avoid the Aloha / Crabs ones unless you are a Maryland kid...those are strictly home cooking to promote the MD club team kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Summer/Fall camps and showcases have become diluted, also, with freshman committing earlier, the quality of players that attend, even Philly Freshman, isn't what it was the previous year. My suggestion is to figure out where your son wants to attend college and focus around events where that school will be sending coaches to work or will attend to watch the event. Don't go crazy, there are a lot of events and this coming year, more will be added. IMHO! FYI - this past Philly Freshman weekend, there was also the Jake Reed, Terp Fall Classic, Fall Brawl, and many other events, DILUTED! YES!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Summer/Fall camps and showcases have become diluted, also, with freshman committing earlier, the quality of players that attend, even Philly Freshman, isn't what it was the previous year. My suggestion is to figure out where your son wants to attend college and focus around events where that school will be sending coaches to work or will attend to watch the event. Don't go crazy, there are a lot of events and this coming year, more will be added. IMHO! FYI - this past Philly Freshman weekend, there was also the Jake Reed, Terp Fall Classic, Fall Brawl, and many other events, DILUTED! YES!!

Everything is a crap shoot now. How about you get to FPS and the premadona FOGO that was supposed to be there, blows off the event. Your son's team for the day has next to zero possessions. Perfect for a an attackman. How about multiple attack shifts without touching the ball. Oh and the knucklehead coach won't let your son run middie... Oh yeah and the superstar attack from Ohio when we finally get a possession turns the ball over every time. It's a numbers game folks, some of the best events turn out to be a bust. Some others everyone says are not that good and my son gets a look from an ACC school. It's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go Max Verch on Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which college the two 2015 philly commits were denied by admissions? I read it on lax all stars but didn't say which school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which college the two 2015 philly commits were denied by admissions? I read it on lax all stars but didn't say which school.

I doubt you will. These are personal matters for the kids and their families and it is also quite embarrassing. I think you will later see that kids "decided" to de-commit here and go there and that will be about it. There's also a few kids in the DMV area that this happened to. Some admissions offices at the more selective academic schools are sending a message. Any recruit who cruises with less than stellar grades or high enough ACT / SAT scores can be a verbal commit and will not be admitted. This must be very sobering for the coaches who have to do damage control over not getting their early recruits in, but this is the bed they made to lay down on for themselves and unfortunately some very devastated kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else get the game footage back from Jake Reed? What you think?

Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard