BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )

Are you saying Northport is not any good this year. what about there superstar?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does everything have to be turned into anti YJ ,the obsession is sad. Just curious as to what do people think when one team is far superior to another on the varsity level, should the better pull it back a little after the game is clearly out of reach or just keep scoring.

It's yj infighting, not anti yj. The issue layed out was somebody saying the yj girls that play for garden city are stronger than those for northport, then northport striknig back saying they hope no college coaches watch their game or nobody is going to college. Don't spin this onto other clubs, it's your own mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )"
What he is saying is I wish the GC kids would leave the YJ so I am going to try to start trouble betwwen GC and the rest of the YJ because I am so tired of them beating my daughters team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )

Northport will always field a competitive team but losing 10 seniors will put a dent in any program. Northport is just not the same team and will most likey get back to the power they once were but over time. CF is only 1 player and West Babylon figured out that if you put a good defender on her and force the rest of the team to beat you, you have a good chance. Once this squad get more familiar with each other they will be, once again, queens of the hill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everything have to be turned into anti YJ ,the obsession is sad. Just curious as to what do people think when one team is far superior to another on the varsity level, should the better pull it back a little after the game is clearly out of reach or just keep scoring.

It's yj infighting, not anti yj. The issue layed out was somebody saying the yj girls that play for garden city are stronger than those for northport, then northport striknig back saying they hope no college coaches watch their game or nobody is going to college. Don't spin this onto other clubs, it's your own mess.
To answer your question , I believe a team should pull back and at least go goal for goal, with the weaker team. Margin of victory, or goals for has no bearing on the standings. If a team continues to run up the score, I think its disrespectful

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )"
What he is saying is I wish the GC kids would leave the YJ so I am going to try to start trouble betwwen GC and the rest of the YJ because I am so tired of them beating my daughters team

so your saying if the G.C. girls go to top guns, top guns become the dominate club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC YJ are a lot better than Northport YJ. no doubt aboit it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Northport = Yellow Jackets

Did the Topguns just beat the Yellow Jackets ??

I dont know about topguns beating YJ, but WB put a hurting on NorthPort

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport will always field a competitive team but losing 10 seniors will put a dent in any program. Northport is just not the same team and will most likey get back to the power they once were but over time. CF is only 1 player and West Babylon figured out that if you put a good defender on her and force the rest of the team to beat you, you have a good chance. Once this squad get more familiar with each other they will be, once again, queens of the hill.
Thats just an excuse. Every year they say the same thing about G.C. They lost all there seniors and there not going to win this year. But every yeay there they are winning the stat. Before last year Northport hasn't won states in how, long what 10 or more years. Always second best to Farmingdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC YJ are a lot better than Northport YJ. no doubt aboit it.

As the sport grows you can find similar or even better athletes
in Suffolk County than bringing the Nassau girls out to Suffolk. All your getting at the younger ages are the Nassau girls who know about the program, not really the best athletes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"so your saying if the G.C. girls go to top guns, top guns become the dominate club"
So what you are saying is that YJ are the dominate club right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"so your saying if the G.C. girls go to top guns, top guns become the dominate club"
So what you are saying is that YJ are the dominate club right now
yes .....No one denies it , you guys are just real obnoxious about it, real low class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To answer your question , I believe a team should pull back and at least go goal for goal, with the weaker team. Margin of victory, or goals for has no bearing on the standings. If a team continues to run up the score, I think its disrespectful

If anyone follows girls at the next level, look at the division 1 gators 29-0 beatdown of Fresno state this past week. The bad press they are getting may be the programs undoing, very classless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If anyone follows girls at the next level, look at the division 1 gators 29-0 beatdown of Fresno state this past week. The bad press they are getting may be the programs undoing, very classless.
That's always been the way UF rolls

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, April 3rd Results

Roslyn over Great Neck North, 13-7
Westhampton twenties Comsewogue, 20-14
ESM over Rocky Point, 13-9
Ward Melville doubles Yorktown, 14-7
Clarke holds on against Mineola, 16-14
Elmont handily over Hempstead, 13-2
Freeport triples Malverne/East Rockaway, 15-5
Hauppauge over Mount Sinai, 17-7
Babylon over Glenn, 18-7
Shoreham-Wading River over Miller Place, 17-6
Islip over Deer Park, 14-11
Lutheran over Portledge, 19-7

Highlights

Hauppauge was solid today over Mount Sinai as Taylor Ranftle netted seven as Hauppauge remains perfect in Section XI's Division II action.

SWR also remains undefeated with a solid effort over Miller Place in Division II.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM is also 5-0 after beating rocky point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHATS UP ROCKY POINT??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What should section 11 do when player stats are consistently called in incorrectly by certain school representatives?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What should section 11 do when player stats are consistently called in incorrectly by certain school representatives?

That happens all the time, across all sports. I have seen players that graduated given stats because the rosters have not been updated! There was a huge discussion about this on another sport's forum and the consensus was that not much is going to change. If your coach isn't interested in keeping accurate stats (or correcting the inaccuracies) then that's the end of that. It does make a lot of people crazy though, and it annoys all of us that want to see who is doing what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder, possibly video proof of the false reporting would make a difference? Especially since some post season awards are based on these false stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUT if you try and help out the coach or correct them you will get the coaches wrath! All anyone wants is for these highly paid coaches to do their job. and calling in the scores correctly is part of their job. If we did, what they did, at a lot of our jobs, we would all be fired!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUT if you try and help out the coach or correct them you will get the coaches wrath! All anyone wants is for these highly paid coaches to do their job. and calling in the scores correctly is part of their job. If we did, what they did, at a lot of our jobs, we would all be fired!!

Coaches are only partly to blame. Many of the stats are recorded by other students in between texts to their boyfriend/girlfriend. You want your coaches attention during the game on what matters, not stats. Are they paid to watch film and dig out an assist your daughter didn't get credit for? It is an imperfect system that doesn't budjet enough money to pay someone to be soley concerned with stats, except for one, wins and losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the age of video it is easy to see the discrepancy....guess someday (soon) it will come to light. The ones keeping these stats should be truthful (no matter what others direct them to do). You can even see some all to involved folks on the field after games going over the stats and actually having them changed. No worries though because the truth always eventually wins...peace out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not about money or budgets...its about honesty. And its not the coaches.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think in some cases the coaches honestly don' t have the right stats to begin with. I know in basketball our coach has one of the JV girls or a parent keep the stats. The JV girls can be half-assed and the parent has his own agenda -- his daughter's stats are always okay (or better than okay) but everyone else's are always messed up in a negative way. And I don't think he's deliberately doing that so much as not paying as much attention to anyone else as he does to his daughter.

Even in college they get some student to keep the stats and those too get messed up from time to time, which since they are kept electronically means they will never, ever, be righted.

IMO, a coach can't run the game and keep stats because that's too many balls in the air, but someone reliable SHOULD keep stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah not like a parent who has a vested interest in that schools program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse Northeast High School Girls Report
Long Island is well represented

http://laxmagazine.com/high_school/girls/2011-12/news/040412_northeast_region_girls_report

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, April 4th Results

Half Hollow Hills over North Babylon, 17-5
West Babylon punishes Brentwood, 15-1 (10-0 Halftime)
East Islip twenties Longwood, 20-7
Portledge over Chapin, 12-3
Bay Shore rolls over Smithtown West, 17-4
West Islip over Sachem East, 14-12
Sachem North over Riverhead, 9-6
Floyd edges Smithtown East, 15-14, Overtime
Garden City over Long Beach, 18-3
Ward Melville over Whitman, 17-4
Division edges Calhoun, 7-6
Kellenberg over St. John the Baptist, 14-9
Northport twenties Commack, 22-8
Connetquot over Pat-Med, 15-12
Baldwin over Plainview JFK, 13-5
Floral Park over New Hyde Park, 10-9
Plainedge handles Hewlett, 19-14
Wantagh edges Manhasset, 12-11
Farmingdale crushes East Meadow, 21-3
Massapequa over Port Washington, 18-8

Highlights

Farmingdale goes to 4-0 in Conference I action.

Cassidy Meaney scored the winning goal for Wantagh with 1:06 left in the game on a pass from Colleen Lovett in Conference II-B. Wantagh (4-1, 3-0) trailed 11-10 with 4:05 left, and tied the score with 3:26 to play on a goal from Kaleigh Craig.

Sophomore Rebecca Luca had a career-high seven goals and added two assists to lead Plainedge (2-1) in Conference B-I.

Jocelyn Penteck scored five goals with one assist, including the eventual game-winner with 5:05 left in the game that put Floral Park (6-1, 5-0) ahead 10-8 in Conference B-II.

Junior Courtney Fortunato had a career-high 10 goals and added two assists to lead Northport (3-1) in Division I.

Jenna Rothar scored off a free position with :24 left in the second half to break a 6-6 tie and lead Division (1-3) in Conference B-I. Kim Pepe's goal with 1:29 tied the score at 6.

With 1:39 left in regulation, Fallon Grosso of Floyd scored a goal off a free position shot to force overtime. In the first overtime, Courtney Murphy scored two goals to give Floyd a 14-12 lead going into the second overtime. In the second overtime, Michelle Scannell and Marisa Grennan each scored a goal to tie the game. With 1:44 left, Murphy scored the go-ahead goal and Chelsey Sidaras made a key save with 20 seconds left to lead Floyd (1-3) in Division I. Murphy, a junior, finished with a career-high 10 goals and added an assist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Middle Country over Copaigue 19-1

Highlights

Cassidy Meaney scored the winning goal for Wantagh with 1:06 left in the game on a pass from Colleen Lovett in Conference II-B. Wantagh (4-1, 3-0) trailed 11-10 with 4:05 left, and tied the score with 3:26 to play on a goal from Kaleigh Craig.

Sophomore Rebecca Luca had a career-high seven goals and added two assists to lead Plainedge (2-1) in Conference B-I.

Jocelyn Penteck scored five goals with one assist, including the eventual game-winner with 5:05 left in the game that put Floral Park (6-1, 5-0) ahead 10-8 in Conference B-II.

Junior Courtney Fortunato had a career-high 10 goals and added two assists to lead Northport (3-1) in Division I.

Jenna Rothar scored off a free position with :24 left in the second half to break a 6-6 tie and lead Division (1-3) in Conference B-I. Kim Pepe's goal with 1:29 tied the score at 6.

With 1:39 left in regulation, Fallon Grosso of Floyd scored a goal off a free position shot to force overtime. In the first overtime, Courtney Murphy scored two goals to give Floyd a 14-12 lead going into the second overtime. In the second overtime, Michelle Scannell and Marisa Grennan each scored a goal to tie the game. With 1:44 left, Murphy scored the go-ahead goal and Chelsey Sidaras made a key save with 20 seconds left to lead Floyd (1-3) in Division I. Murphy, a junior, finished with a career-high 10 goals and added an assist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Middle country over Copaigue 19-1

Highlights

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have a issue with Northport putting up 22 goals on a team who only scored 8??

Should one of the best players around (with nothing to prove, by the way) be in a game long enought to score 10?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
anyone have a issue with Northport putting up 22 goals on a team who only scored 8??

Should one of the best players around (with nothing to prove, by the way) be in a game long enought to score 10?
19-1 (18 goal difference)
15-1 (14 goal difference)
17-5 (12 goal difference)
17-4 (13 goal difference)
18-3 (15 goal difference)
17-4 (13 goal difference)
21-3 (18 goal difference)

These were the wins put up by Middle Country, West Babylon, Half Hollow Hills, Bay Shore, Garden City, Ward Melville, and Farmingdale on Wednesday. The difference is that while Northport did put up 22 goals, Commack had the ability to move the ball and score posting 8 goals themselves. That 22-8 game was a "closer" event than any of these seven from yesterday.

Certainly, you would think that Garden City and Farmingdale should have "known" better and Bay Shore with their emerging team should learn quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I beleive the "tradition" has always been to stop scoring at 19

more than that was in bad taste.

I guess like everything else times change

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she cant be that good if she only put up 2 goals vs East Islip and only one goal against West Babylon. What happened? She got her 7 goals against a team they beat 19 - 7. (15 - 3 at halftime) and 10 goals against a team they beat 22 - 8. (11 - 3 at halftime). Now those are 17 quality goals against 2 teams that have a combined 3 wins. way to go Carol. you show great sportmanship. you are teaching those kids well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to bring in this conversation the competence of varsity coaches. I will admit I do not like how some coaches are aggressive like Carol Ross from Northport. However my hat goes off to her. Her team respects her and watching the player they know what she wants from them on the field. Her girls play very aggressive but seem to play by the rules. I was also watching Bay Shore the other day and those girls are less aggressive but are always after the ball and dominate on ball control.

I do feel sorry for the girls on the Smithtown Team there coach seems to have no control of them and most importantly of her-self. I know this because my daughter plays on the team and the Coach seems to demands respect but doesn’t show it. She goes off on them saying things like she’s better than them and that she the one that has a NCAA Championship. At one point after losing to Walt Whitman she took away a team “T” shirt that we the parents paid for saying that they don’t deserve to wear it. I must admit they did play petty bad that day but is that a reflection on the girls or the Coach?

Does anyone else have these problems????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to bring in this conversation the competence of varsity coaches. I will admit I do not like how some coaches are aggressive like Carol Ross from Northport. However my hat goes off to her. Her team respects her and watching the player they know what she wants from them on the field. Her girls play very aggressive but seem to play by the rules. I was also watching Bay Shore the other day and those girls are less aggressive but are always after the ball and dominate on ball control.

I do feel sorry for the girls on the Smithtown Team there coach seems to have no control of them and most importantly of her-self. I know this because my daughter plays on the team and the Coach seems to demands respect but doesn’t show it. She goes off on them saying things like she’s better than them and that she the one that has a NCAA Championship. At one point after losing to Walt Whitman she took away a team “T” shirt that we the parents paid for saying that they don’t deserve to wear it. I must admit they did play petty bad that day but is that a reflection on the girls or the Coach?

sound like the coach is very immature and isn't ready to coach at that level yet. what year did she win at the college level, and what team did she play for

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was thinking the same thing. That coach sounds too immature to coach. She's taking the job far too personally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why travel/club lacrosse is so great. On PAL and school teams you are stuck with whatever coach is put in the position. It can be quite a bad situation for some. Travel, you at least have a little bit of choice and some wiggle room, not saying that all travel coaches are good, but at least your not stuck playing for someone like you mentioned. Plus the level of play on the travel teams is way, way beyond the school/ town leauges and this goes for the coaching on a whole as well. My view of school and town ball is it is just extra field time in preparation for the summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team has a horrible coach who thinks the more he yells and berates them, the better they will do. There is rarely any positive reinforcement. And the more advanced the player, the worse he treats them. All the girls are so afraid to make any mistakes. And forget it if he knows a girl wants to play in college - every time they make a mistake he'll tell them how colleges don't recruit girls like that or I can't believe you think you can play in college. BTW, the team has a losing record, so i guess his tactics don't work. I'd love to say something to him or write a letter to the athletic director but know he would take it out on my daughter. Thank goodness for the club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Commack take their starters off the field? This score is no worse than others listed and since NPT is off to a slow start they may need to play starters more to build some cohesiveness.

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard