BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 164 of 220 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You move on my literally speaking. The reason why your not invited to the nike elite is because there is nothing elite about TG!!!!!! You will never be anything like YG or Elevate. Both far superior. Bye now. Have a great season moving backwards.

This is one small part of the recruiting process, by no means the be all. There are many other thing as good as if not better that the girls can do to get the attention of college coaches and coaches of the schools in which they are interested to go.

You are really a crazy person.

This is of course true that there are many other venues to be seen and Elite 120 is not the be all and end all. No question about it. However, it is a great event and has become the highest profile event for the best players in the winter time for freshman and sophmore girls and can only help. There were over 70 coaches there this year representing the large majority of the top programs. But agree, not critical if not there but nice if you were invited.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You move on my literally speaking. The reason why your not invited to the nike elite is because there is nothing elite about TG!!!!!! You will never be anything like YG or Elevate. Both far superior. Bye now. Have a great season moving backwards.

That's not accurate but, unfortunately, it will be soon.

As the TG/Smith family moves away from being "current" with their (Shannon's) connections, they will get less and less of the top players from LI. They are going to have to change up the business model a bit it order to keep competing, (no college kids coaching as a start).

When TG started, they offered a viable alternative especially w/ their 2014/2015 and 2016 groups... by next year, those groups are a memory. Time to re-tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok will do. Worry about your lack of opportunities. Stop comparing to EVERY other organization. You people always have someone or some other team to blame or compare tg's lack of everything to. Own it!!! Your on the team you obviously love it! Own it!! Stop comparing to Yj, elevate, steps, m&d, and every other teAms you compare yourselves to.

Comparing TG and Elevate to each other is about right, all the other teams you mentioned are all a step above. M&D, Steps , YJ are all next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think so unfortunately. I think they are all a step ahead in all aspects. Sorry. Elevate doesn't even play in some of the non beneficial tournaments. They unfortunately are s step ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one small part of the recruiting process, by no means the be all. There are many other thing as good as if not better that the girls can do to get the attention of college coaches and coaches of the schools in which they are interested to go.

You are really a crazy person.

The crazy person is you who pays money to TG and they don't provide access to a great showcase like Elite 120 for your girls. You really need to ask yourself and your Club Directors some tough questions: Why were there ZERO TG girls at Elite 120 this past weekend? Why? Over 90+ schools were there - the best of the best. Yet ZERO girls from TG. Why is that?

Come up with any excuse you want, but TG is dropping the ball on stuff like this. If the event is "good enough" for Hofstra to attend to look at other recruits, why aren't any of your girls attending?

Blah Blah Blah. How is the 3rd team YJ working for you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old are you 5? Blah blah. You deserve what you get which is nothing. Your in denial. Feel sorry for you truly I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't forget about the HOFSTRA tourney. Now that's fun day of lax playing. That is the biggest [lacrosse] show I've ever seen. Let's have our teams play eAchother and make sure the black beats purple and purple destroys white!! Great idea. Can't wait for some positive input on this!! Tick tock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Elevate 2018 blue- the emails ARE annoying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not forget all of the great competition at the Babylon Lax Blast and the YJ North tournament in Conn.
YJ VS. YJ 8 out of 10 games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World class coaching!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about. A little delayed. Go to elevate site. Stay off here. Your obviously bored. He said she said. Grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you do realize that jackets is spelled with a J and not a G. It's hard to take your [lacrosse] posts seriously when you look like such an idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about any of this nonsense? Your all very sad! Get a second job. Get yourself off your recliner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't forget about the dirty dome with the coaches rolling out of bed. Great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can't forget about the HOFSTRA tourney. Now that's fun day of lax playing. That is the biggest [lacrosse] show I've ever seen. Let's have our teams play eAchother and make sure the black beats purple and purple destroys white!! Great idea. Can't wait for some positive input on this!! Tick tock.

YJ would never allow their A teams to play their B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can't forget about the dirty dome with the coaches rolling out of bed. Great experience.

Bad experience I'd rather pay $50 a session to play wall ball at KK. Its a very nice place especially when they turn the heat on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can't forget about the HOFSTRA tourney. Now that's fun day of lax playing. That is the biggest [lacrosse] show I've ever seen. Let's have our teams play eAchother and make sure the black beats purple and purple destroys white!! Great idea. Can't wait for some positive input on this!! Tick tock.

Oh yeah and YJ's LI Elite tournament is a wonderful Tournament so everyone can suck up to CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

Jones has played Curcio every year in the 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]you do realize that jackets is spelled with a J and not a G. It's hard to take your [lacrosse] posts seriously when you look like such an idiot [/quote]

If you are going to call someone and idiot based on their lack of spelling skills, at least spell "[lacrosse]" correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can't forget about the HOFSTRA tourney. Now that's fun day of lax playing. That is the biggest [lacrosse] show I've ever seen. Let's have our teams play eAchother and make sure the black beats purple and purple destroys white!! Great idea. Can't wait for some positive input on this!! Tick tock.
K

Stop letting facts get in the way of this argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]you do realize that jackets is spelled with a J and not a G. It's hard to take your [lacrosse] posts seriously when you look like such an idiot

If you are going to call someone and idiot based on their lack of spelling skills, at least spell "[lacrosse]" correctly.

[/quote]

That is hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can't forget about the HOFSTRA tourney. Now that's fun day of lax playing. That is the biggest [lacrosse] show I've ever seen. Let's have our teams play eAchother and make sure the black beats purple and purple destroys white!! Great idea. Can't wait for some positive input on this!! Tick tock.
K

FACT. JONES beat CURCIO in National Draw. The only meaningful tourney they played. F & F still rules the roost. Hopefully coach K will teach her (Curcio) how to coach. Can't wait for summer to see those white trash outfits. Call me whatever you want but I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

FACT. JONES beat CURCIO in National Draw. The only meaningful tourney they played. F & F still rules the roost. Hopefully coach K will teach her (Curcio) how to coach. Can't wait for summer to see those white trash outfits. Call me whatever you want but I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

That was two years ago.... Didn't Jones make it to the finals at National Draw last year an Curcio didn't even make it out of their bracket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the comparing. It's just ridiculous. Worry about yourselves and the mess that you are up against for yet another great season with tg's lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the comparing. It's just ridiculous. Worry about yourselves and the mess that you are up against for yet another great season with tg's lacrosse.

Here is what I cannot for the life of me understand: WHY do you care so much about another club and the people in it? People play where they want to play for many reasons. If they are unhappy with their current club they have the option to leave. TG people don't care what YJ people think about the club and vice versa. You're where you are, we're where we are. Let it go and move on. Stop obsessing over what TG may or may not do, just worry about yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is what I cannot for the life of me understand: WHY do you care so much about another club and the people in it? People play where they want to play for many reasons. If they are unhappy with their current club they have the option to leave. TG people don't care what YJ people think about the club and vice versa. You're where you are, we're where we are. Let it go and move on. Stop obsessing over what TG may or may not do, just worry about yourself.

Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is where all of this starts - CR. She created a monopoly and was the first program for girls on LI. Good for her. She built a great program. However, she does not want any competition whatsoever and when DG started Liberty she was furious. The two of them don't speak. When BS & SS started TG she was furious.

She wants her fiefdom and she wants to be the only Queen Bee. The stuff that she has had to say against other programs and the heads of those programs has been shocking. As they say - "the fish stinks from the head." Her minions who are all fearful of her then exacerbate the problem and further spew her venom.

The stuff that comes out of these women's mouths is nothing short of disgusting. They have been taught by someone who loves to throw her weight around. It's really pathetic. Yet parents will keep stepping up and writing checks because of the brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I am not on Top Guns anymore but I know alot of the top girls on the first Elevate high school team did not make any of the Top Guns Black or Purple. Dave got lucky with a couple of girls that had goods sticks. If your not in his inner circle and drink his koolaide your kid is out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this coming from? left field. If your not on tg's why you on this site? To complain....or that you made the wrong choice by not staying with tg? whahh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I am not on Top Guns anymore but I know alot of the top girls on the first Elevate high school team did not make any of the Top Guns Black or Purple. Dave got lucky with a couple of girls that had goods sticks. If your not in his inner circle and drink his koolaide your kid is out.

Not following your post. So top Elevate girls can't even make the TG "B" teams and you suggest the problem is at Elevate? I'd conclude that, if what you are saying is true, TG is doing a particularly poor job of evaluating talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not following your post. So top Elevate girls can't even make the TG "B" teams and you suggest the problem is at Elevate? I'd conclude that, if what you are saying is true, TG is doing a particularly poor job of evaluating talent.

You don't take even talent and swap it out with in house talent ever. Why would a club displace a known talent level with a history of paying the bill for a player at the same level? Only the standout girls will land on other clubs top teams. That is the problem with switching clubs, most often it is not a lateral move, especially if upgrading clubs, try to break into an established YJ Blue team. It is much easier going from a YJ top team to another clubs, but still not a certain deal as some of these players are not up to par with rest of team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't take even talent and swap it out with in house talent ever. Why would a club displace a known talent level with a history of paying the bill for a player at the same level? Only the standout girls will land on other clubs top teams. That is the problem with switching clubs, most often it is not a lateral move, especially if upgrading clubs, try to break into an established YJ Blue team. It is much easier going from a YJ top team to another clubs, but still not a certain deal as some of these players are not up to par with rest of team.

Can not think of any top team YJ kid who has left for another club to begin with let alone a kid who has left top YJ team for a lower level team else where. Just does not seem to happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unless you were a yj in 3rd grade the tie will always go to a current yj player or one that is part of the F&F plan.

If you want to crack their roster in 7th, 8th or 9th grade you will have to be head and shoulders better, not just marginally better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unless you were a yj in 3rd grade the tie will always go to a current yj player or one that is part of the F&F plan.

If you want to crack their roster in 7th, 8th or 9th grade you will have to be head and shoulders better, not just marginally better.

Please remeber that is also going to be true for anyone attending the UA tryouts! Tie goes to the YJ!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying the top Elevate kids are not an upgrade over anyone on the TG "B" team? Nobody believes that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please remeber that is also going to be true for anyone attending the UA tryouts! Tie goes to the YJ!!!!

There doesn't have to be a tie it is still going to the YJ!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the many perks of playing for YJ, an actual big draw when we decided to accept a spot on a blue team, as you can see brand and the clubs political connections far outreach any other LI club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the many perks of playing for YJ, an actual big draw when we decided to accept a spot on a blue team, as you can see brand and the clubs political connections far outreach any other LI club.

Oh Political connections? So I guess it's not always the most talented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, and some clubs have neither talent nor connections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, and some clubs have neither talent nor connections.

Consistently producing top talent is often the basis for those connections. IMO, YJ and M&D are the top dogs over time and across age groups. Their kids get the advantage of that reputation. It's the way it is, just like degrees from certain schools open more doors.

Like Reply Quote
Page 164 of 220 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard