BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nassau PAL vs Suffolk PAL
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am finding that a few of the towns out in Suffolk play Nassau PAL for spring. They are the better town teams too ie. West Islip, Three Village. What is the difference between the two programs? Is Nassau PAL more competitive?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Nassau PAL vs Suffolk PAL
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Smithtown play Nassua or Suffolk (or both)?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
They play in Suffolk

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where does Smithtown play Nassua or Suffolk (or both)?

Pretty sure its Suffolk only.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Smithtown plays in Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will see for some ages (who is best N v S) at Top Rank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong, however I heard that Smithtown was asked to leave Nass pal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess like everything it depends on the grade. How many teams/towns do an A/B format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they play both N and S?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMom1310
I am finding that a few of the towns out in Suffolk play Nassau PAL for spring. They are the better town teams too ie. West Islip, Three Village. What is the difference between the two programs? Is Nassau PAL more competitive?

Three village(2016) played on OBLL last year. They do not play on OBLL this year. 2017 plays on Suffolk PAL league this spring.

My experiences, OBLL league is way competitive than Suffolk PAL, just because clubs teams play on OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They play in Suffolk

I thought they are not...
What grade(s) ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown plays in Suffolk.

How are Smithtown school teams(7-8 graders). I heard there are a lot of good 7th grade players.
Do they(coaches) play best players or go by grades(8th, then 7th...). Favoritisim ??? Iam sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They play in Suffolk

What grade(s) ?

I would like to know that also. What grades SmithTown teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong, however I heard that Smithtown was asked to leave Nass pal.

Really ? Why ? Just Curious... What grades(s) ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They play in Suffolk

What grade(s) ?

I heard smithtown(2017) town team is not playing in suffolk PAL. I may be wrong... Maybe some parents from Smithtown explain ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They play in Suffolk

What grade(s) ?

I heard smithtown(2017) town team is not playing in suffolk PAL. I may be wrong... Maybe some parents from Smithtown explain ?

As far as I am aware, all of Smithtown Youth lacrosse is playing in Suffolk PAL only (grades k-8). Their team smithtown program also plays in local tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you speaking of the Boys or Girls Program in Smithtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown is notorious for having some of the best PAL teams, always super competitive. Alot of depth in Smithtown......lots of great talent to choose from. School teams are awesome as well......coaching, coaching coaching!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown is notorious for having some of the best PAL teams, always super competitive. Alot of depth in Smithtown......lots of great talent to choose from. School teams are awesome as well......coaching, coaching coaching!!

That why Smithtown Boys lax lost to West Islip 15-3 yesterday. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they were having a bad day!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Im not sure where they are all playing...I was just looking at the Nassau PAL schedule when it came out to see which Suffolk teams are playing. Three Village is listed in all ages along with West Islip and a few others. I am guessing that the competition is a bit stronger in Nassau....and stronger still in OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown has two programs; a travel program that the children try out for and does many tournaments, and an intramural program where anyone can play. Both play in PAL. This year I believe they are all playing in Suffolk PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey LAx Mom-- how did your team do against that "allstar" team from northfork 2nd grade. Are they as good as their coach thinks they are.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Ha funny...They never played each other at the shamrock because they played in B. I did get to watch them play a bit though. They played ok, I think they played right where they were supposed to. They would have gotten spanked in A. I am not sure how they did overall but based on what I saw I wouldn't be playing them up in a 3rd grade division weak or otherwise. Maybe we will see them in the 2nd grade division at the Christian Koehler. The coach seems pretty good though...hopefully they will bring it together in PAL this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them play on Sunday against my sons team. Not very good. 5-1 before our coach had our kids go easy on them. Their coach needs to teach some basic defense. Some decent talant, but whole team lacks a lot of the basics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them play on Sunday against my sons team. Not very good. 5-1 before our coach had our kids go easy on them. Their coach needs to teach some basic defense. Some decent talant, but whole team lacks a lot of the basics

Your coach had them go easy...those kids were running up and down the field both teams worked the entire game and I am pretty sure that North Fork finished strong with 2 goals in the 4th...end game 5-3. Your sons team from what I hear has an exceptional pair of coaches, you should consider your son extremely lucky. My older son was playing on the field next to you guys against North Babylon..I think we all got lucky with the weather down there on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Well honestly you show me a 2nd grade team that doesn't need work. Those kids seem to have a committed coach and the kids seem eager to get better. That is all you should ask for from a second grade team. These kids are only 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my sons on 3rd grade smithtown and we played rocky point last weekend and they sandbagged us. When we led 3-0 and then they released there talent which was without a doubt a full travel team line up with coaches running plays at that age.Our kids at smithtown have skill at only 8 years old with the great coaching the program is strong enough that there's no need to put your son into a travel program to get to that nex level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my sons on 3rd grade smithtown and we played rocky point last weekend and they sandbagged us. When we led 3-0 and then they released there talent which was without a doubt a full travel team line up with coaches running plays at that age.Our kids at smithtown have skill at only 8 years old with the great coaching the program is strong enough that there's no need to put your son into a travel program to get to that nex level.

OK while I agree that there is no need for travel at 8, what I will say is there is no way Smithtown is next level material. My sons team is passing twice by the half every time they play Smithtown. SO there must be some miracle transformation that occurs as they get up to 5th and 6th that would make them next level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which travel team is rocky point associated with that they are " without a doubt travel team" ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think alot of RP players also play for Team Long Island, awesome team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played Team Smithtown the past few years and now watching this year's 3rd grade boys closely (due to friendships), there are plenty of towns that have strong 3rd grade teams like never before.

Sure they are 8/9 & in 3rd grade, but look at those same town's 4th - 6th grade programs who've had success in 3rd grade. All solid teams.

Unfortunately, the travel programs have also influenced a lot of these teams/coaches to stray away from thier town teams only to build a stronger team and bank account for big brother's elite/travel organization.

all that said, the future of LI lax looks bright, cant wait to see FL and TX fall into the east coast tourneys.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Improper Reference
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rocky point 3 rd grade is a team 91 squad of about 4-5 kids and there coach is from 91 also ,my son who is in 2 nd grade played over the winter with a few of those kids from that team, they are a great bunch of kids and they do have talent. That would explain the sand bag comment.. Lol

Which travel team is rocky point associated with that they are " without a doubt travel team" ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's the other half of that 91 team from? BS? Seems as if that program is on the rise

Like Reply Quote
H
Harbor Master 75
Unregistered
Harbor Master 75
Unregistered
H
Yes to Talent above and beyond for youth level PAL should be tamed a few notches its not MLL. Get the point POINT ?
A well put together team to say the least.
Seen it first hand yesterday ,A bit extreme on defense , All i can say is WoW !

The rocky point 3 rd grade is a team 91 squad of about 4-5 kids and there coach is from 91 also ,my son who is in 2 nd grade played over the winter with a few of those kids from that team, they are a great bunch of kids and they do have talent. That would explain the sand bag comment.. Lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OMG!!!played them yesterday. They are the nasty team ever.. <<Removed Player Numbers>> are the nasty boys they should be elminated from pal league. i ahve already called pay and reported the "unsportsmenship" behavior. <<Removed Player Numbers>> took lacrosse stick over my sons head and tried to choke him. I have never in my years of watching lacrosse have ever seen this kind of behavior..One of the Players I hear is <<Removed Player Numbers>>. If this is what this them it isteaching they should be band. It is not necessary they are good skills to be a great team no reason for the dirty playing, but the yellow flags on them yesterday was discussing!!! I will not teach my boys to play with such bad sportsman ship. the college level teams don even come clthat kind of behavior

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Player References
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats very funny "should be eliminated from pal league"? I bet theres two sides of the story and the real story , and i take it whatever team your from got your Butts kicked ? And from the looks of things you have it out for one particular player? Its easy to take a loss to an extreme to claim "unsportsmenship" and go on this site and talk trash , But seriously if a team is better then yours take it with stride. I highly doubt it that the refs kept a player in the game making your accusations. Get on with your "knowlegable all these years watching lacrosse" ,especially college and continue to learn that skill is skill if you got beat suck it up ! All lacrosse has its share of penalties !! And by the way how did you get so literate ?

Originally Posted by Super7
OMG!!!played them yesterday. They are the nasty team ever.. <<Removed Player Numbers>> are the nasty boys they should be elminated from pal league. i ahve already called pay and reported the "unsportsmenship" behavior. <<Removed Player Numbers>> took lacrosse stick over my sons head and tried to choke him. I have never in my years of watching lacrosse have ever seen this kind of behavior..One of the Players I hear is <<Removed Player Numbers>>. If this is what this them it isteaching they should be band. It is not necessary they are good skills to be a great team no reason for the dirty playing, but the yellow flags on them yesterday was discussing!!! I will not teach my boys to play with such bad sportsman ship. the college level teams don even come clthat kind of behavior

Like Reply Quote
H
Honk This
Unregistered
Honk This
Unregistered
H
Bad Sportsmanship? Nasty team ever? From previous post they sound like a great team , which leads to the next question did the ball ever get over to the other side of the field? I would imagine not and thats why your making these claims. I know a few kids from that team but never seen them play on town and skill is way way upto par so to me your being a un-sportsman like parent and cant handle a loss. I also bet your that parent who screams at the top of there lungs at there kid from the sideline, typicle PAL parent who expects equal skill play on both sides of the fence during a competitive lacrosse game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
hey you win some you lose some. no not kicked but no we did not win.we have played many teams that played great and the boys where ok with that. some are better than others. I am good with that.. but to play dirty is not EXCEPTABLE!!!! To deliberatly take your stick and go over the head of another player is Premeditated dont you think...some of our players might not be great but they play fair. chekc this site out many postings about Rocky point... I am sure we will read about those players in years to come for Penalty after penalty!! that's all am saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to many cry babies on here.
Obvious your team hasn't played to many exceptional teams yet?
What you consider great teams ,to others might not so!
Sounds like your program is weak!!

hey you win some you lose some. no not kicked but no we did not win.we have played many teams that played great and the boys where ok with that. some are better than others. I am good with that.. but to play dirty is not EXCEPTABLE!!!! To deliberatly take your stick and go over the head of another player is Premeditated dont you think...some of our players might not be great but they play fair. chekc this site out many postings about Rocky point... I am sure we will read about those players in years to come for Penalty after penalty!! that's all am saying.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard