BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once again Chaminade has a Gauntlet of a schedule.
Always plays one of the toughest schedules in the country.
Traditional Rivalry games with stiff competition.

I'd like them to go after a team from Philly too.

03/21 at Ward Melville
03/25 Massapequa
03/28 at West Islip
04/01 Iona Prep
04/11 Manhasset
04/15 St Anthony's
04/21 at Kellenberg Memorial
04/22 St Dominic
04/25 at Yorktown
04/28 at St John Baptist
04/30 at Holy Trinity
05/02 Greenwich HS
05/06 at St Anthony's
05/09 Fairfield Prep
05/16 at Delbarton

In recent years, Yorktown, Fairfield Prep and Delby have caused them fits. How will St. Ants be? How about Pequa this year?
Is Mahhasset a real team this year? Dow West Islip or Ward Melville have bounceback years?

Which team(s) will provide the biggest test?

Chaminade should play one of the toughest schedules, they may be the only lacrosse school out there with 450 boys per grade from all over the lax hotbed of Long Island to choose from! The fact that they don't destroy all these other public schools is kind of lame...or speaks to how strong these LI public school programs really are.

Couldn't agree more. Further, no disrespect to the following teams, but are there really competitive games to be had against, Iona, Kellenberg, St. Doms, Holy Trinity, and St. Johns? They should be beating these teams by 30 goals. Also, how is it possible with the amount of D1 commits the games are even close, much less lost, to the publics? 60-70% of the games on their schedule should be lay ups with all that talent. I guess that's why you won't see them play any MIAA, Philly Privates or teams like Culver or the Hill.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade always one of the best but predict a down year for them. They don't really have the players this year. Credit to them for always playing an extremely tough schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

03/21 at Ward Melville
03/25 Massapequa
03/28 at West Islip
04/01 Iona Prep
04/11 Manhasset
04/15 St Anthony's
04/22 St Dominic
04/25 at Yorktown
04/28 at St John Baptist
04/30 at Holy Trinity
05/02 Greenwich HS
05/06 at St Anthony's
05/09 Fairfield Prep
05/16 at Delbarton

In recent years, Yorktown, Fairfield Prep and Delby have caused them fits. How will St. Ants be? How about Pequa this year?
Is Mahhasset a real team this year? Dow West Islip or Ward Melville have bounceback years?

Chaminade should play one of the toughest schedules, they may be the only lacrosse school out there with 450 boys per grade from all over the lax hotbed of Long Island to choose from! The fact that they don't destroy all these other public schools is kind of lame...or speaks to how strong these LI public school programs really are.

Hope to see Greenwich hand them another beat down!

Why the hate? Little Johnny didn't make the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

03/21 at Ward Melville
03/25 Massapequa
03/28 at West Islip
04/01 Iona Prep
04/11 Manhasset
04/15 St Anthony's
04/22 St Dominic
04/25 at Yorktown
04/28 at St John Baptist
04/30 at Holy Trinity
05/02 Greenwich HS
05/06 at St Anthony's
05/09 Fairfield Prep
05/16 at Delbarton

Hope to see Greenwich hand them another beat down!

Why the hate? Little Johnny didn't make the team?

Down year this year? Excuse making before the season starts already? Please. There should never be a down year for Chaminade. It is flat out embarrassing that a little town team like Yorktown completely owns Chaminade. Good for them though that they keep signing up for the embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade always one of the best but predict a down year for them. They don't really have the players this year. Credit to them for always playing an extremely tough schedule.

Oh please. What was the excuse last year? Just give credit to the teams that beat them. It's ok, you'll still go to heaven even if you praise the public pagans.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We saw how good their football team was this year!! I'll keep my 40k and keep my kids in a good public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We saw how good their football team was this year!! I'll keep my 40k and keep my kids in a good public school.

Thanks for the heads up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
40K??? I received 1/2 off tuition to have my kid play there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 40k is just to get him on the team. I think St Anthony's makes you give a donation or buy a banner for the fence. There are a few family names on that fence where the kid wouldn't have made his public school team. All it takes is a banner and a dream. Hey you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be s [lacrosse]. No cuts on most public school lax teams. You wish your kid can go to Chaminade or St. Anthony 's. Guess the school bus doesn't stop at the trailer park. Guess education doesn't matter either. They would crush most public school teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The freshman teams would beat most public school varsity teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And nobody that has a kid in public school cares .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's the team's to beat this year in Nassau and Suffolk B division.Looks like a lot of good teams out there.Just looking to get away from all the negativity on this site.TIA for your input.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. The varsity teams can't even beat the good publics! Funny thing is many publics boast beer school D1 commits as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many good publics are there. 3 in nassau. 2 in suffolk. We will see this year big mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. The varsity teams can't even beat the good publics! Funny thing is many publics boast beer school D1 commits as well.

Rather my son goes to a "beer school D1" than a school like Duke that now sounds the "muslim call to prayer" daily. BTW if you think there aren't booze and drugs on Ivy campus's you are sadly mistaken. I know of kids that went to IVIES that came out with no degree and a drug problem. Be careful IVY Daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many good publics are there. 3 in nassau. 2 in suffolk. We will see this year big mouth

Chaminade would be demolished if they played a powerhouse like Smithtown East. Wish a game like that would happen. WM should easily beat them as well. Soyosset is also on par with cham. GC and Mannhasst would be good competitive games. Chaminade couldn't even get past tiny Greenwich last year! All the schools mentioned are town teams boasting top recruited players. Why bother paying all that money? Makes no sense. My son is going top 20 at one of the traditional powers and am very pleased with the public education and athletic programs in the public system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown was one of the teams I was talking about. Syosset, are you nuts. Best Manhasett every year and GC will never play Chaminade. Massapeqa and Ward Melville that's it. Man you love talking about that Grenwich team . Give it a rest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't EVER compare Chaminade education to any public school on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

INMHO it would be great, for towns that could do it, is to set up public freshmen teams. Do all of the catholic schools have Freshmen teams? Throw in a few Publics and you can really tell which is better or at least the gap between them.

Once you have a freshman team you can really develop a program. You can differentiate the players and develop their skills.You could pull up MS kids to Freshman and really have a developmental squad for MS. This would strengthen the sport for each school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

INMHO it would be great, for towns that could do it, is to set up public freshmen teams. Do all of the catholic schools have Freshmen teams? Throw in a few Publics and you can really tell which is better or at least the gap between them.

Once you have a freshman team you can really develop a program. You can differentiate the players and develop their skills.You could pull up MS kids to Freshman and really have a developmental squad for MS. This would strengthen the sport for each school.

It's called JV!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade would be demolished if they played a powerhouse like Smithtown East. Wish a game like that would happen. WM should easily beat them as well. Soyosset is also on par with cham. GC and Mannhasst would be good competitive games. Chaminade couldn't even get past tiny Greenwich last year! All the schools mentioned are town teams boasting top recruited players. Why bother paying all that money? Makes no sense. My son is going top 20 at one of the traditional powers and am very pleased with the public education and athletic programs in the public system.

Your post has few facts and some misguided opinions....

"Tiny" Greenwich 2700 has kids = large hs that always has a competitive team

By way of reference Smithtown east 1700 kids

How has that "powerhouse SE team" done against perennial national powers in the last 10 years? expect they have a loosing record to historically strong local top 20 teams WM, WI etc.

Manhasset always gonna be on the schedule and almost always a good game. You know they are a great program.

GC never gonna be on the schedule - politics on the GC side.

Now I'll answer your question ..."Why bother paying all that money?" Parents and/or kids want something more than the public HS offers. Most likely it is a decision not entirely based on any lacrosse aspirations.

Very sincere Congrats to your son... that is great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't EVER compare Chaminade education to any public school on LI

Why not? Where are your Intel semifinalists? Oh you have none!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How has that "powerhouse SE team" done against perennial national powers in the last 10 years? expect they have a loosing record to historically strong local top 20 teams WM, WI etc.

Manhasset always gonna be on the schedule and almost always a good game. You know they are a great program.

Now I'll answer your question ..."Why bother paying all that money?" Parents and/or kids want something more than the public HS offers. Most likely it is a decision not entirely based on any lacrosse aspirations.

Correct me if I am wrong but not all top 20 lacrosse programs will give you a top 20 education. For kids going to a school to play lacrosse instead of looking at the big picture it could be a bumpy ride. Look at what happens to some great lacrosse players like the kid from west Islip He had to change schools and the LAX numbers never came. Lets remember college is for an education EVERYTHING ELSE is second. As far as private school VS public. Private school kids are more prepared for college FACT . Also look at Ivy rosters 80% are private school kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why won't your school play teams from the MIAA, Philly Privates, The Hill or Culver? Either you're a Lacrosse powerhouse or your just another decent program at a private school. Its either one or the other. No big deal, but which is it? Can't boast about being one of top programs in the country when the program routinely ducks playing the best. And yes, you should be beating every public school you play. Manhasset has what? 220 kids per grade? 100+ of which are boys? How is that even a game? Especially when many of the better players from that town go to Chaminade anyway...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called JV!!

At that is the problem. Everyone has lost sight on the value Freshman sports has for the growth of any sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Greenwich may have a good size enrollment, buy draws from a small area, unlike Cham

Syosset will be very strong this year, favorites for county champs

Smithtown beat WM last year and should this year as well, that team will be very good for at least 2 more years. They are on an upswing while WI, WM are down in talent. It's about the present, not the past.

And you are right about Chaminade offering more. More expense, more travel time, more sheltering from reality.

I would cosnider sending my son there if our public school district was not up to par academically or athletically, as they are both important to us. Luckily we do not have that problem. Long Island has top notch public institutions.

But to each their own. Lots of great kids on all these programs and I am looking forward to an exciting season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All public schools on LI had freshman teams for all sports until the mid to late 90's when they scrapped them for budgetary reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that was your choice. So you better be happy. But sounds to me that you lack confident. Your post also says you're ignorant.

Greenwich may have a good size enrollment, buy draws from a small area, unlike Cham

Smithtown beat WM last year and should this year as well, that team will be very good for at least 2 more years. They are on an upswing while WI, WM are down in talent. It's about the present, not the past.

And you are right about Chaminade offering more. More expense, more travel time, more sheltering from reality.

I would cosnider sending my son there if our public school district was not up to par academically or athletically, as they are both important to us. Luckily we do not have that problem. Long Island has top notch public institutions.

But to each their own. Lots of great kids on all these programs and I am looking forward to an exciting season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would bet to say there would be a lot more kids going to private schools today if express was still the only travel option and early recruiting didn't exist. Most kids are being recruited long before their varsity coach has ever coached them. School programs deserve 15% of the credit it is their travel team that gets them on the radar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would bet to say there would be a lot more kids going to private schools today if express was still the only travel option and early recruiting didn't exist. Most kids are being recruited long before their varsity coach has ever coached them. School programs deserve 15% of the credit it is their travel team that gets them on the radar

so true, but i think you are over estimating the HS coach %; but they do want to take credit for the finished product that club teams give them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again...The freshman team would beat most public school warsity teams. In your wisdom you compared them to teams vying for County and State championships. Look at the list of High School Teams and I will restate my claim....Chaminade frshman will beat more than 50% of the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lengths some folks will go . . . now it's, "Greenwich may have a good size enrollment, buy draws from a small area, unlike Cham" Neither Manhasset, nor Garden City draw from a large area either but year in and year out have great lax teams. Here's a suggestion, how about tipping the cap to Greenwich for being a very good lax program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again...The freshman team would beat most public school warsity teams. In your wisdom you compared them to teams vying for County and State championships. Look at the list of High School Teams and I will restate my claim....Chaminade frshman will beat more than 50% of the teams.

You are living in chammy fairyland, just plain delusional!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count them up. All of suffolk league 4, half of league 3 and a few probably in league 2. since suffolk is stronger than nassau simmilar numbers there. Sorry GUY, no chammy fantasy here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical Chaminade troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count them up. All of suffolk league 4, half of league 3 and a few probably in league 2. since suffolk is stronger than nassau simmilar numbers there. Sorry GUY, no chammy fantasy here.

You think the Freshman team could beat half of League 3????????? I see 1 team where that is possible, all the others are strong enough to beat a 9th grade team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical Chaminade troll.

Chaminades varsity squad can't even beat the better publics, they also are lacking in talent this year. They better hope luck is on their side!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about The Chaminade Freshman team but the 40 families involved. You only care because your kid is stuck playing on it and you know its a Shi##y situation. Make the best of it her will eventually play Varsity in 12th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know that because they deign to attend Chaminade that they are superior athletes . the spring of jr year is probably pretty tough, many of the players will have to be cut because theres no longer 50 roster spots per grade like in freshman or sophomore year

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard