BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If crush decides to play next year, they will win by 20.

True but they ducked this year.

Holy cow, only 51 weeks until the tournament next year and the "the almighty Crush is going to demolish everyone" has already started. Give it a rest. They ducked this year because they lost to the 2019 Rising Sons in the Spring and ever since them they knew they wouldn't win it. So instead of going down and risking it, they stayed on LI.

The boys actually were invited to 3d blue chip. Way more important!

Right. The 7th grade 3d camp isn't that exclusive. Do,you think they will miss the to next year for 3d? Doubtful.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy cow, only 51 weeks until the tournament next year and the "the almighty Crush is going to demolish everyone" has already started. Give it a rest. They ducked this year because they lost to the 2019 Rising Sons in the Spring and ever since them they knew they wouldn't win it. So instead of going down and risking it, they stayed on LI.

Invited? Are you kidding? Any 2020 player could attend. Write a check for $525 and your in. Total money grab and a nice way for JS to work on his tan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Invited? Are you kidding? Any 2020 player could attend. Write a check for $525 and your in. Total money grab and a nice way for JS to work on his tan.
That's your opinion and great, just be true to yourself then and don't sign up next year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as this may hurt you, the boys received personal invites was their with our older son and saw some of the other families from LI . Man the talent of those boys is at a completely different level. The training at that 3d blue chip is high level and very impressive and everyone pays for the 3D blue chip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If crush decides to play next year, they will win by 20.

Holy cow, only 51 weeks until the tournament next year and the "the almighty Crush is going to demolish everyone" has already started. Give it a rest. They ducked this year because they lost to the 2019 Rising Sons in the Spring and ever since them they knew they wouldn't win it. So instead of going down and risking it, they stayed

1. They could have easily done both and plenty of kids did.
2. Why ANYONE would waste their money on a camp that means absolutely nothing, I don't get it. My son was "invited" too, what a joke

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give met a vvbreak 3d is a joke. All good players know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They give a five dollar coupon if you get a friend to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is pretty funny but so many if these bash Crush rants would be so much better if they EVER lost against their own grade level. As much as we would all like to bash, it' has nothing to it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons were missing 6 top kids that would have made a difference, maybe not enough but the kids that couldn't come down because of $$ or other obligations are some of the best kids at that age group. Sons will have a full squad March 22nd. Igloo kids and parents were great. Going to be a great rivalry for years to come.
Sons lost to Igloo 10-4. How was that competitive? No 2021 team is close to Igloo. They should start playing up one year like the 2020 Crush team from Long Island does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They give a five dollar coupon if you get a friend to go.
Per previous post - then don't go next year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons w a FULL team beat Igloo Any team is impacted missing 6 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 "sons" as you call them have not beaten any top LI teams to date. How can you make such a ridiculous statement. Please stop with the exscuses. From what I understand, they lost to Igloo, Team LI and 91 in the past. Not sure if they ever played Express?
I keep hearing how "good" this team is but they never seem to win against better clubs and they always have an exscuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes when you are missing 6 of your 14 year olds from 2021 you are going to lose! The only reason those kids weren't there is the tournament is a legit age-verified tourney that eliminates the cheaters! When you can't cheat -- looks like you can't win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, every kid of US lacrosse age that missed. 5 kids were 2022's that filled in. See you all March 22nd. After that you can have your way. Sons have no reclassified kids at any level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes when you are missing 6 of your 14 year olds from 2021 you are going to lose! The only reason those kids weren't there is the tournament is a legit age-verified tourney that eliminates the cheaters! When you can't cheat -- looks like you can't win.

So..."Sons" are therefore NOT a true legitimate, competitive 2021 club. That makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know if they cheat but I rremember they beat Igloo

The 2021 "sons" as you call them have not beaten any top LI teams to date. How can you make such a ridiculous statement. Please stop with the exscuses. From what I understand, they lost to Igloo, Team LI and 91 in the past. Not sure if they ever played Express?
I keep hearing how "good" this team is but they never seem to win against better clubs and they always have an exscuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tampa Tampons ? I bet that game got bloody . I heard they start of as mean as [lacrosse] but then calm down when they get into the flow of the game.
Yes, Team Igloo was at the top level at [lacrosse]'s, but the Rising Sons game was very competitive. At the next level, there were a lot of athletic, quality teams that played a lot of very close games, namely Edge, Cyclones, Palm Beach Revolution and Rising Sons and then, a half level below them, MadLax Nationals, Tampa Tarpons, Cannons Select and FCA South Florida.

To the extent age eligible, I would think Bethesda, Greene Turtle and Annapolis Hawks would have slotted in between Igloo and those other teams and made it a better tournament, but I don't think anyone doubts Igloo has earned the right to be viewed as U11 national champions - good for them.

In any event, it was a very well organized tournament with actual age rules (requiring proof of birth), quality refs, nice fields and and better playing rules (youth rules, 2 TO's per game, time to warm up on field, etc.) . I think most families would call it a pretty fun lacrosse vacation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will ALL be there March 22 so let's see what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, every kid of US lacrosse age that missed. 5 kids were 2022's that filled in. See you all March 22nd. After that you can have your way. Sons have no reclassified kids at any level.

The Rising Sons most definitly bring down older kids to play in tough games. All ages! Seen it a few times and actully talked to a parent on the sideline that confirmed it. Claimed they were short players that day. They still lost!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL!!! Funniest thing I've heard in awhile. After you lose in march there will be more excuses. I will come back and repost this. So predicable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as this may hurt you, the boys received personal invites was their with our older son and saw some of the other families from LI . Man the talent of those boys is at a completely different level. The training at that 3d blue chip is high level and very impressive and everyone pays for the 3D blue chip

3D for a 7th grader(no matter how good you think you are) is a waste of time and moment. The whole country receives a personal invitation to the play in camp. 3D does decent job. Dont think I would say high level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Rising Sons most definitly bring down older kids to play in tough games. All ages! Seen it a few times and actully talked to a parent on the sideline that confirmed it. Claimed they were short players that day. They still lost!

We have played them as well, last year, and beat them. Tough game but it was confirmed that they had older players. Same exscuse....missing players, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is by far the best. No 2021 team is even close. Yes the Sons did beat Igloo last March by one goal on a day where it was 17 degrees and an early morning game. But that same day the Sons lost to 91 and got crushed by Icon by 7 goals. Those teams have never beat Igloo. Most telling of the talent on the Sons team is that the Sons also played the Jesters ( a Long Island B team) that day and won 7-5. Igloo beat that same Jesters team by 15 goals that same season. Igloo played the Sons again at the end of the Summer and in December and beat up on the Sons. Given the Son's history against Long Island teams they should be compared to(and have never beat any of these teams) 91, Both Express teams, Team Long Island, Icon, Outlaws, Garden City, Legacy and the Igloo 2021 B team. Some of these teams played Igloo closer this past October than the Sons did at the end of last Summer and in Florida. As of now given the last 2 games the sons of played Igloo and never beating another Long Island team other than the Jesters in a nail biter there is no reason to compare the Sons to Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the sons have a long way to go before they are considered elite. A lot of talk on this board with very little to back it up. Empty promises and guarantees but I guess that mirrors the play on the field also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is by far the best. No 2021 team is even close. Yes the Sons did beat Igloo last March by one goal on a day where it was 17 degrees and an early morning game. But that same day the Sons lost to 91 and got crushed by Icon by 7 goals. Those teams have never beat Igloo. Most telling of the talent on the Sons team is that the Sons also played the Jesters ( a Long Island B team) that day and won 7-5. Igloo beat that same Jesters team by 15 goals that same season. Igloo played the Sons again at the end of the Summer and in December and beat up on the Sons. Given the Son's history against Long Island teams they should be compared to(and have never beat any of these teams) 91, Both Express teams, Team Long Island, Icon, Outlaws, Garden City, Legacy and the Igloo 2021 B team. Some of these teams played Igloo closer this past October than the Sons did at the end of last Summer and in Florida. As of now given the last 2 games the sons of played Igloo and never beating another Long Island team other than the Jesters in a nail biter there is no reason to compare the Sons to Igloo.

Agree that team is not all it is cracked up to be. They have an good attackman and goalie but Igloo has them beat at every other position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not an Igloo parent. I did see the Sons beat the Jesters 7-5 or 6-4 at Shamrock last year. It was a two goal game. Yes the Jesters were and are a "B" team. The Sons were lucky to beat the Jesters that game. The Sons' parents love to point to that one Igloo win and claim they are elite. They forget that they got Crushed by Igloo the other two games they played and got crushed by Icon and beat the Jesters in a "Nail-biter". They have lost to every other Long Island "A" team with no wins. The Sons should play the other Long Island "A" teams this year. If they do well against those teams they can talk about being elite. Until then they are just another average team with parents that talk too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um I think they beat 91 and Crabs also
I am not an Igloo parent. I did see the Sons beat the Jesters 7-5 or 6-4 at Shamrock last year. It was a two goal game. Yes the Jesters were and are a "B" team. The Sons were lucky to beat the Jesters that game. The Sons' parents love to point to that one Igloo win and claim they are elite. They forget that they got Crushed by Igloo the other two games they played and got crushed by Icon and beat the Jesters in a "Nail-biter". They have lost to every other Long Island "A" team with no wins. The Sons should play the other Long Island "A" teams this year. If they do well against those teams they can talk about being elite. Until then they are just another average team with parents that talk too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen the Sons 2021 play any LI teams, but they are a good team. Saw them play at Rutgers this past fall. Maybe they have added some new talent. Who knows? But, I think it's great to see another quality club develop into a contender.
I do agree that they need to beat the best on LI or in Balt/MD before they can boast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct in saying that. I've seen them play a few times last year and have a friend whose nephew is on the team so I hear bits and pieces. This is their first year that they had a tryout and have definitely picked up a few new players that my friend says are going to make an impact. But as you say in your post they need to back it up.From the looks of it this March 22nd Battle on The Hill should end the discussion of where all these teams stack up.
I agree the sons have a long way to go before they are considered elite. A lot of talk on this board with very little to back it up. Empty promises and guarantees but I guess that mirrors the play on the field also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much talk of which Club is best at 2021, but there is simply no way to dispute it is Igloo - at the moment - as they beat everyone in the past 12 mos - just a fact. As the Spring approaches and all of the teams mix it up again - it is to be seen whether Igloo stays on top, but no denying they are the Best going into the Spring. March 22nd at the Hill School will be a good preview of the spring/summer for 2021:
It is an invite only event: Igloo, Bethesda, Sons, Crabs, 91, Legacy. These invite only events are the best ones for top teams to attend. Should be a great event. Last time Igloo played Crabs they lost 4-3 and last time they played Bethesda they won 7-6. Hopefully there will be a lot of close games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express not Legacy at 2021. Legacy playing in 2020
There is so much talk of which Club is best at 2021, but there is simply no way to dispute it is Igloo - at the moment - as they beat everyone in the past 12 mos - just a fact. As the Spring approaches and all of the teams mix it up again - it is to be seen whether Igloo stays on top, but no denying they are the Best going into the Spring. March 22nd at the Hill School will be a good preview of the spring/summer for 2021:
It is an invite only event: Igloo, Bethesda, Sons, Crabs, 91, Legacy. These invite only events are the best ones for top teams to attend. Should be a great event. Last time Igloo played Crabs they lost 4-3 and last time they played Bethesda they won 7-6. Hopefully there will be a lot of close games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So: Igloo, Bethesda, Sons, Crab, 91, Express - thats a great Event - the only TOP 2021 Team missing from this is West Coast Starz - which is really an all-star team, but none the less - legit. The definition of TOP - being backward looking of course - and based on the past 12 months. Will be interesting to see if the definition holds when dust settles in Mid July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great post, and how posts should be. I'm a Igloo parent and can honestly say that the Sons are a very good team. The same can be said about Icon, 91, Legacy and Express. But Bethesda, Crabs and West Coast Stars are great teams too. The 2021 year in my mind has a lot more teams on the same playing field. Should be a great year for competition. The best thing is that no one game or tournament will be able to crown one team the best. Lacrosse is a great sport in that any given day a team can play well, or not so well. So in short everyone lets not focus on who is the best, but by having all the players having fun playing each other and becoming friends. As they have all developed a mutual respect for each other. Now if we can get all the parents to do the same it should be a wonderful and enjoyable summer. Good luck everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nicely written. I think most of these teams listed here have built relationships based on mutual respect. I see the coaches getting along and the kids. I'm a Rising Sons parent and we love the rivalries our programs are developing. Winning is great but just being able to play great competitive clean lacrosse is a great start. At least for me.
This is a great post, and how posts should be. I'm a Igloo parent and can honestly say that the Sons are a very good team. The same can be said about Icon, 91, Legacy and Express. But Bethesda, Crabs and West Coast Stars are great teams too. The 2021 year in my mind has a lot more teams on the same playing field. Should be a great year for competition. The best thing is that no one game or tournament will be able to crown one team the best. Lacrosse is a great sport in that any given day a team can play well, or not so well. So in short everyone lets not focus on who is the best, but by having all the players having fun playing each other and becoming friends. As they have all developed a mutual respect for each other. Now if we can get all the parents to do the same it should be a wonderful and enjoyable summer. Good luck everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greene Turtle and Hawks also have strong 2021 teams that can compete at that level, imo. Both beat Crabs this Fall and GT got up pretty big on Bethesda before a nice comeback in a championship this Summer. I don't think either has a faceoff guy like Igloo though.

Per prior comments, it certainly would be nice if this thread could stay largely positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greene Turtle and Hawks also have strong 2021 teams that can compete at that level, imo. Both beat Crabs this Fall and GT got up pretty big on Bethesda before a nice comeback in a championship this Summer. I don't think either has a faceoff guy like Igloo though.

Per prior comments, it certainly would be nice if this thread could stay largely positive.

Fat chance loser, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the guy who wants to keep it positive is a loser? You are the epitome of a [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the guy who wants to keep it positive is a loser? You are the epitome of a [lacrosse].

Yeah, so what? I'm a [lacrosse]. You know that is not a very positive thing to say. Loser 2!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone ever do the ONE ON ONE Goaltending Academy ( Dynamic Lacrosse) any feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone ever do the ONE ON ONE Goaltending Academy ( Dynamic Lacrosse) any feedback?

Very good...these guys have played the game at the highest levels. And they can teach it too!

Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard