BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 52 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so exciting I cant wait until they announce, probably waiting until after Mariota announces if he is going to NFL, wouldn't want to steal his thunder.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Word around the street"....LOL. I guess THIS is the street.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Fogo and Defenseman both going to Duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Word around the street that 91 has 2 kids committed but waiting to announce.

Wow. I'm sure all of us will be holding our breath waiting for the next 9th graders ready to "announce". Have you notified ESPN? Will there be a special TV news conference which interupts regular programming? LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. I'm sure all of us will be holding our breath waiting for the next 9th graders ready to "announce". Have you notified ESPN? Will there be a special TV news conference which interupts regular programming? LOL!

There are only a handful of people on planet Earth who care:
1. the kid
2. the nutty parents (not all) who live through their kids
3. the club director who wants all the credit for making this happen to use as a selling tool to gather more paying parents.
4. the group of jealous and whining parents who will criticize everything about early recruiting only because their kid wasn't recruited.

That, my friends, sums up who really cares about this process of which you can find thousands of pages of banter on the internet. Now go back to typing away!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. the kid
3. the club director who wants all the credit for making this happen to use as a selling tool to gather more paying parents.
4. the group of jealous and whining parents who will criticize everything about early recruiting only because their kid wasn't recruited.

That, my friends, sums up who really cares about this process of which you can find thousands of pages of banter on the internet. Now go back to typing away!

lets agree to disagree, I am a parent of a player that has played with and against all of these boys and am interested where they have chosen to commit and am happy for all of them, you on the other hand are a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Det.Starsky : Huggie, what do you know about 2018 91 commits ?

Huggie Bear : ( looks around furtively) Man, word on the street is 91 has a commit but they be keeping it on the down low.

Det.Starsky : ( grabs Huggie Bear by the collar) Don't hold out on me !

Huggie Bear : ok, ok man be cool. It's 2 commits, something about Ivy's. Can't announce right now. That's all I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. the kid

lets agree to disagree, I am a parent of a player that has played with and against all of these boys and am interested where they have chosen to commit and am happy for all of them, you on the other hand are a tool.

Calling people names while on an anonymous message board shows what you are. You are probably in group 1 or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. the kid

Calling people names while on an anonymous message board shows what you are. You are probably in group 1 or 2.

My name is Steve and I am a laxaholic.....you are still a tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My name is Steve and I am a laxaholic.....you are still a tool [/quote]

Well Stevie, looks like you got called out and punked on here and you feel the need to call people names hiding in your basement. True definition of a coward. LOL!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders is a complete loser. The 2018 kids listed are nice and all, but biased maybe? The guy has a boy crush on LIX, Team 91, Dukes, Sweetlax and WCS which are not by coincidence his shugga daddies paying him to cover their events. This loser doesn't even bother to canvas a wide swath of tournaments that don't fall under the umbrella of his backers, so of course he's never seen and likely won't see a lot of great players. I don't have a 2018, but got a nice Holiday howl out of what this clown wrote up.

Give the guy some credit for being a good little lap dog, he left off his list kids from a certain club in Baltimore. If this recruiting rundown thing does not work out he'll never work in Baltimore again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders is a complete loser. The 2018 kids listed are nice and all, but biased maybe? The guy has a boy crush on LIX, Team 91, Dukes, Sweetlax and WCS which are not by coincidence his shugga daddies paying him to cover their events. This loser doesn't even bother to canvas a wide swath of tournaments that don't fall under the umbrella of his backers, so of course he's never seen and likely won't see a lot of great players. I don't have a 2018, but got a nice Holiday howl out of what this clown wrote up.

Give the guy some credit for being a good little lap dog, he left off his list kids from a certain club in Baltimore. If this recruiting rundown thing does not work out he'll never work in Baltimore again.

Completely agreed! No one needs this guy to feel good about their place, but people do like lists...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like the typical response from a butt hurt daddy whose kid was left off the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not who is or is not on the list that is ridiculous it is trying to pick 15 9th graders in the entire country at this point. I bet if he made a list of the top 15 kids on the turtles people would have a problem with who was on and who was left off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren't you on the Lunatic daddy Freshman Watchlist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List is meaningless he may see a kid do well one game then bomb the next. Let's wait till HS varsity to make this list. That's where it actually counts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List is meaningless he may see a kid do well one game then bomb the next. Let's wait till HS varsity to make this list. That's where it actually counts!

Actually, none it counts. When your son steps on the field in college the coaches could care less about your HS career. Everything goes back to zero and everyone needs to earn their keep.... You could be all world in HS, if the coach feels someone else can do a better job of helping him win, guess what??? Hit the bench!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ladies and gentlemen for anyone who has played at the D1 level in college you go from being the big boy on campus to just another player as a freshmen. Competing against players for your position who could be as much as 4 to 5 years older than you. Do you have the work ethic, the mental toughness to last and make it? The luck to be injury free. I have known many players who were projected to be college studs and they have come no where close to meeting those projections. Then comes along a player that no one gave a second look at and they turn out to be an amazing college player. So if parents want to believe all the BS that Ty Xanders posts go right ahead. Most of his selections are good because these are the most heralded players in youth lacrosse. A lot changes from 9th grade to freshman year in college. Look at Rob Pannel, Smithtown to a PG year at Deerfield to Cornell. Only played varsity 3 years. Really peaked senior year and the PG at Deerfield. Would anyone consider Quinnipiac a major team? Nope. That's where he was headed after Smithtown. Please read and take these rankings for what they are, ways for Ty to get more hits to his website and make more money. Don't you think some of these elite programs have influence on who make the rankings. There a plenty of players who he has not seen and has no idea about. There are also those who don't play for teams like 91, Express, Dukes, and a few other Elite programs that are great players who will never get the recognition they deserve. Keep your kid grounded. School first and play lacrosse for the love of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ladies and gentlemen for anyone who has played at the D1 level in college you go from being the big boy on campus to just another player as a freshmen. Competing against players for your position who could be as much as 4 to 5 years older than you. Do you have the work ethic, the mental toughness to last and make it? The luck to be injury free. I have known many players who were projected to be college studs and they have come no where close to meeting those projections. Then comes along a player that no one gave a second look at and they turn out to be an amazing college player. So if parents want to believe all the BS that Ty Xanders posts go right ahead. Most of his selections are good because these are the most heralded players in youth lacrosse. A lot changes from 9th grade to freshman year in college. Look at Rob Pannel, Smithtown to a PG year at Deerfield to Cornell. Only played varsity 3 years. Really peaked senior year and the PG at Deerfield. Would anyone consider Quinnipiac a major team? Nope. That's where he was headed after Smithtown. Please read and take these rankings for what they are, ways for Ty to get more hits to his website and make more money. Don't you think some of these elite programs have influence on who make the rankings. There a plenty of players who he has not seen and has no idea about. There are also those who don't play for teams like 91, Express, Dukes, and a few other Elite programs that are great players who will never get the recognition they deserve. Keep your kid grounded. School first and play lacrosse for the love of the game.

There is no doubt that what you say is 100% true, however, the ranking of HS players is no doubt a very interesting topic in the world of all sports, not just lacrosse. This is evidenced by the fact that everyone reads these lists and the thousands of opinions that are generated. Also, most of the people critical of these lists are the first ones to run to the websites to read them. LOL! Some of these kids that will be ranked will succeed and some won't. No revelation there. It's all entertainment folks! Not nearly as big of a world issue as some want to make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no doubt that what you say is 100% true, however, the ranking of HS players is no doubt a very interesting topic in the world of all sports, not just lacrosse. This is evidenced by the fact that everyone reads these lists and the thousands of opinions that are generated. Also, most of the people critical of these lists are the first ones to run to the websites to read them. LOL! Some of these kids that will be ranked will succeed and some won't. No revelation there. It's all entertainment folks! Not nearly as big of a world issue as some want to make it.

Exactly, and if those kids don't have the grades or scores when it is time to actually become admitted to college, they will be out of luck.

The lists are typically the most hyped players in the east, ignoring the kids who are breaking out in places like Colorado and California. I have a 2017 and have seen many a top 20 kid get beaten or scored on repeatedly by an unranked "nobody".

If your kid isn't ranked, all the better, why peak at freshman year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, and if those kids don't have the grades or scores when it is time to actually become admitted to college, they will be out of luck.

The lists are typically the most hyped players in the east, ignoring the kids who are breaking out in places like Colorado and California. I have a 2017 and have seen many a top 20 kid get beaten or scored on repeatedly by an unranked "nobody".

Agree with most of what you say, however, just because kids are very good and ranked in freshman year doesn't mean they WON'T be very good when they are Srs. in HS or playing Div 1 lacrosse. There are many examples of kids who are great throughout their whole career as well as many who peaked early or who did not end up AA's. That is what makes it an interesting discussion for those who take all this too seriously. As with every class, we will all know in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another year and already my kids team is better then your kids team.

happy new year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with most of what you say, however, just because kids are very good and ranked in freshman year doesn't mean they WON'T be very good when they are Srs. in HS or playing Div 1 lacrosse. There are many examples of kids who are great throughout their whole career as well as many who peaked early or who did not end up AA's. That is what makes it an interesting discussion for those who take all this too seriously. As with every class, we will all know in a few years.

Have been watching this game with mine since 3rd grade when the first PAL games began. I understand that some kids will get better and some kids will get worse, but most of the best kids have been the best kids since they started playing all those years ago--at least in our town.

The true athletes will remain as such and for a 9th grader that was recruited early, the odds are in his favor to remain the best. These D-1 coaches are not stupid, they are recruiting early for the best athletes knowing full well that the majority of the best athletes will remain as such.

Of course there will be kids that come into their own later, but speed and athleticism are gifts that can't be trained and learned. Stick skills on the other hand will certainly evolve with time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly true, but speed and strength come along with puberty and physical maturity. If a college finishes their recruiting for the 2018 group before they are even sophomores then it is guaranteed that they will miss out on a ton of great players. You can go to any field and it is obvious which kids are early puberty kids or held back kids for that matter. If you actually look at all the kids talent and athleticism and not the 6 inch and 50 lb. physical difference you will see a lot of kids who will be just as good as the early commits when they mature. Rob Pannel is one of the best examples of this and they weren't recruiting this early back then. No telling who else might have slipped through the cracks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is why the mid majors can compete.its great for the game to have your bryants and marist,albany competing with the big boys.these guys are licking there chops with the late bloomers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true what you guys are saying. The late bloomers when it comes to physical maturity will make these teams better. I have seen it with myself being a late bloomer. In 8th and 9th grade all those boys who turned into men were better players. And when the late bloomers caught up physically, they are the ones who ended up being very good college players. And guess what some of those early studs became duds. I'm not saying all will turn out like this but it happens a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at Hopkins with all those really early commits all these years. Lol haven't won anything. Yeah really good team but have trouble with some lower level division 1 teams. They get all these studs from 9th grade who are physically maturer then the other boys. I find this early recruiting laughable. These guys should wait after their sophmore year. Then they will see who is who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at Hopkins with all those really early commits all these years. Lol haven't won anything. Yeah really good team but have trouble with some lower level division 1 teams. They get all these studs from 9th grade who are physically maturer then the other boys. I find this early recruiting laughable. These guys should wait after their sophmore year. Then they will see who is who.

They really should look at football. They wait until Sr. year! They make sure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They really should look at football. They wait until Sr. year! They make sure!

Keep in mind Football awards 80 full scholarships. There are no partials in Football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an interesting article on early recruiting. http://laxallstars.com/the-future-of-recruiting-in-college-lacrosse/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one thing not stated in that article--$. Most of the D-1 schools are not fully funded and even those that are only are allowed 12.5 scholarships per year. So, while I agree early verbal commits aren't the best thing for the entire population, for those that get good offers, it is better to get the potential money than wait around and hope you get noticed again...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one thing not stated in that article--$. Most of the D-1 schools are not fully funded and even those that are only are allowed 12.5 scholarships per year. So, while I agree early verbal commits aren't the best thing for the entire population, for those that get good offers, it is better to get the potential money than wait around and hope you get noticed again...

For the kids it can be great! God Bless them! Take the money and run! Just be mind full that a lot can change in 4 years! Make sure you pick a school that you want to be at even if you never get in the starting line up. The other problem is that scholarships are year to year and while most schools now honor those throughout the 4 years, the frequency of them adjusting them down will become more prevalent the earlier the commits get. With only 12.5 scholarships you had better guess right and the younger the player is that is recruited the more chance there will be that they are wrong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the kids it can be great! God Bless them! Take the money and run! Just be mind full that a lot can change in 4 years! Make sure you pick a school that you want to be at even if you never get in the starting line up. The other problem is that scholarships are year to year and while most schools now honor those throughout the 4 years, the frequency of them adjusting them down will become more prevalent the earlier the commits get. With only 12.5 scholarships you had better guess right and the younger the player is that is recruited the more chance there will be that they are wrong!

what they do with kids that don't pan out is the ride their butts and ignore them for playing time until they quit or transfer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is so twisted.....If a kid is a top player who, for whatever reason, doesn't have a commitment by sophomore year he starts to think he is some type of loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who do we hate more, Ty Xanders or Tom Brady? today is a lose lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just returned from UNC Freshmen Sophmore Select camp. Two observations.

Reclassified Players: Last year we saw the distinct disadvantage of not reclassifying as the reclasses were generally bigger and faster than their age appropriate classmates. What a difference a year makes!!! Nice to see how the 2000 birth year players have caught up to their 1999 born competition. Many of the reclasses looked past their prime. One semester of HS is a great age equalizer.

Comitted Players: The committed players were generally outplayed by their uncommitted peers. I guess when you are 14/15 and already know where you are going to attend college you are no longer hungry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes,my kid is a sophmore,pretty good litte player, hasn't hit puberty yet.You just have to try to keep his confidence up.Promblem is I have not seen have you hit puberty question on any of the applications yet. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes,my kid is a sophmore,pretty good litte player, hasn't hit puberty yet.You just have to try to keep his confidence up.Promblem is I have not seen have you hit puberty question on any of the applications yet. Lol

Hasn't hit puberty yet as a sophomore? It's more likely that you aren't satisfied with his maturation but that he is well into puberty and is not hairless like you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I can see is arm pits,nothing. not looking to argrue about this, just statring a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just returned from UNC Freshmen Sophmore Select camp. Two observations.

Reclassified Players: Last year we saw the distinct disadvantage of not reclassifying as the reclasses were generally bigger and faster than their age appropriate classmates. What a difference a year makes!!! Nice to see how the 2000 birth year players have caught up to their 1999 born competition. Many of the reclasses looked past their prime. One semester of HS is a great age equalizer.

Comitted Players: The committed players were generally outplayed by their uncommitted peers. I guess when you are 14/15 and already know where you are going to attend college you are no longer hungry.

Why would committed players be there? Where there at lot of colleges there?

Page 30 of 52 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard