BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Re: Age Verification
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The population density bit just killed me!!! wth is the point in that stat?

This is why the financial center of the world is in NYC and not Maryland

Bumpkins counting on fingers and lips moving while they read.

Better repeat 14th grade.......again!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Yes but the wall streeters all live in Manhattan, Westchester, Connecticut, or northern NJ, pretty much anywhere but lawnguyland, who could blame them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island is the armpit of America.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly what I am thinking when I'm with my family on the Great South Bay fishing or water skiing, enjoying the awesome beaches, in NYC at a museum, taking my wife to a Broadway show or riding the train home from my job in the financial district. "Armpit"? you have no idea what its like to live on Long Island.

Competition breads success, cheaters become losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hxywxx
just laid out a map of the US and placed a layover of a human facing the map, agreeing with you that LI is the right armpit, Baltimore lined up perfectly to the anus!!! draw your own conclusion. With it now established that Baltimore is the anus of America what say you about your population density?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition breads success

Enjoy your two hour commute home frome the bake shop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but the wall streeters all live in Manhattan, Westchester, Connecticut, or northern NJ, pretty much anywhere but lawnguyland, who could blame them?

Guess you never heard of places like Manhasset or Garden City where you cannot swing a cat by the tail without hitting a Wall Street guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That makes Nassau County the bicep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason why we are so densely populated is because it's a great place to live, so now I wonder why Faryland is so sparsely populated. Unfortunately all of us "lawnguylanders" have been to that cesspool you call a city called Baltimore, and it's a great place to visit if you want to get mugged or see what we used to look like in N.Y.C. 70's and 80's. But really the best part of Faryland is when you leave it and enter Virginia or Delaware

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no F!@#ing idea....crab s$#t stain

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
remember: all dirt roads lead to Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no F!@#ing idea....crab s$#t stain

Nice, exactly what we've come to expect from 'yous guys'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you never heard of places like Manhasset or Garden City where you cannot swing a cat by the tail without hitting a Wall Street guy.

I am familiar with those places, back office operations and IT people don't count.

Maryland is filled with families that have left lawnguyland and say they're never going back. Have not seen too many (any?) cases of the opposite.

Enjoy your congested, crowded little 'paradise'. Work hard, save up, and maybe someday you can make "the big move"...to New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly what I am thinking when I'm with my family on the Great South Bay fishing or water skiing, enjoying the awesome beaches, in NYC at a museum, taking my wife to a Broadway show or riding the train home from my job in the financial district. "Armpit"? you have no idea what its like to live on Long Island.

You paint a nice picture of Strong Island and I agree with your last sentence. I am trying to raise sons to become men and I welcome the competition, that is real life. West Islip dad. I wouldn't even contemplate holding my son back. You people don't even give your sons a chance to struggle to succeed, that creates character. Lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hxywxx
just laid out a map of the US and placed a layover of a human facing the map, agreeing with you that LI is the right armpit, Baltimore lined up perfectly to the anus!!! draw your own conclusion. With it now established that Baltimore is the anus of America what say you about your population density?

The real problem for us arm pit types is we have to pay twice and more the taxes to compensate for the anus part of the anatomy; always paying to clean up their mess

The Good thing is our 2 hour commute is to and from a very lucrative job.
For what we pay for an acre of land in Nassau; we could buy one of your weak lax townships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ugh, your taxes are exactly that, your county taxes. Has nothing to do with taxes in MD or anyplace else.

Come on, all you investment bankers and hedge fund managers should know this, it's basic municipal finance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You paint a nice picture of Strong Island and I agree with your last sentence. I am trying to raise sons to become men and I welcome the competition, that is real life. West Islip dad.

You are probably one of those people who live in Deer Park but tells everyone that they live in West Islip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Long Island is the armpit of America.

The Good thing is our 2 hour commute is to and from a very lucrative job.

I guess we won't hear anything from the LI crew while they travel home from their Wall St. jobs. Let's see...

1. Subway to penn station
2. LIRR to Wyndanch, Copiague, Deer Park, etc. (does not matter really, they are all the same)
3. Drive from station to house

[lacrosse] about 7:30, then eat dinner, (unless dinner was a hot dog and a Coors Light while watching the board at Penn) so they should start checking back in around 8:30. Yep, sounds like paradise to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You paint a nice picture of Strong Island and I agree with your last sentence. I am trying to raise sons to become men and I welcome the competition, that is real life. West Islip dad. I wouldn't even contemplate holding my son back. You people don't even give your sons a chance to struggle to succeed, that creates character. Lame.
our problem is when your done raising your ons to be men there still in high school playing against our boys, and still losing my I add. It's kind of funny how your 19 year old still can't beat our 16 year old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I must be in the wrong place. This looks like an age verification board for childish lacrosse daddies from Long Island or Baltimore.

And by the way, LI and Baltimore are both arm pits. I'd rather live in a North African jungle than either of those two holes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea OK. Your little mama's boy butt wouldnt last 2 days in some jungle Jack a$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I must be in the wrong place. This looks like an age verification board for childish lacrosse daddies from Long Island or Baltimore.

And by the way, LI and Baltimore are both arm pits. I'd rather live in a North African jungle than either of those two holes.

North Africa is primarily desert....just sayin'..... AND they don't have hold backs there AFAIK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you don't have a dog in this fight, you just could not pass up the opportunity to be a d1ck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SWR thread just called and said they want their "worst thread ever" title back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how these LI dads don't realize that the entire lacrosse community is laughing at them.

Gotta love that Suffolk County Community College education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK guys. Everyone's disagrees. You can say good and bad things about both places. Grow up. You can all say how rich and great you are but look at everyone throwing themselves in the gutter with the back and forth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant we all just get along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

our problem is when your done raising your ons to be men there still in high school playing against our boys, and still losing my I add. It's kind of funny how your 19 year old still can't beat our 16 year old

I'm not holding my sons back and am against holdbacks flatly, perhaps you're confused. Are you the weak minded MD Dad who's posts read like they wish they lived on LI and worked in the greatest city in the world? Its nature my friend. The biggest and smartest run the world, the rest live elsewhere. Enjoy your crab cakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
college coaches have always said...when do we get them on campus? They don't care...this whole reclass thing may explain why LI sucks so bad at the UA tournament....all their guys are a year younger

I understand that fact but the Edge is H-edge-ing their bets that the players will PG or reclass and havnt as of yet done so. If I were that player I wont do a PG Id red shirt on my dime and practice with the team.

The middie "committed" from Edge when is he committed for? Has he a verbal because he is in 9th grade? and is no longer in 8th grade yet he plays in a 2019 bracket.

Apparently it is their 6'3 200+ D guy. He's not committed but has offers from attending camps. He is a reclassified 2019. His brother did the same thing and is going to JHU next year.

Take a look at this picture via the link below, they have a bunch of huge kids on the team, which is 6'3"?

http://instagram.com/p/vgj0CbktxN/

How can a club purposely recruit older kids for grad year teams and then register teams in the wrong age division of tournaments? Tournament management, if they are aware, should be ashamed. With all of the talented teams I see playing all summer and fall this practice should be banned.

I coach an "elite" travel team based in Westchester County NY and felt the need to weigh in. The topic of holdbacks has been hotly debated in our program and we've concluded parents holding their kids back is obviously out of our control. We do not encourage this behavior but we will not prevent a child from trying out for their grade appropriate team. However, we will not permit our teams to play against programs playing down against younger competition. That is something we can control. We have contacted all of the tournament directors in which we are registered and put them on notice. We have been assured by each that "age verification" will be thoroughly enforced. We can not allow cheating at the program and tournament levels to go unchecked. It starts with each program reviewing policies and procedures and taking a stand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am familiar with those places, back office operations and IT people don't count.

Maryland is filled with families that have left lawnguyland and say they're never going back. Have not seen too many (any?) cases of the opposite.

Enjoy your congested, crowded little 'paradise'. Work hard, save up, and maybe someday you can make "the big move"...to New Jersey.

there is no way you lived on long island. No one from long island moves to new jersey. That's Staten Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh yes that LIRR. Just paradise.

I'm not holding my sons back and am against holdbacks flatly, perhaps you're confused. Are you the weak minded MD Dad who's posts read like they wish they lived on LI and worked in the greatest city in the world? Its nature my friend. The biggest and smartest run the world, the rest live elsewhere. Enjoy your crab cakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much travel money at stake and us lacrosse is a pom pom waving no teeth governing body. Hold back, playing down, forged birth certificates and no player id cards will continue on as long as the money keeps flowing. Not until someone is seriously injured and a lawsuit is won will any of this ever be resolved. Administratively lacrosse remains in the dark ages and is being run by some big time travel power brokers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the worst offenders is laxachucettes 2019. They have mostly 1x holdback as well as a few2x holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much travel money at stake and us lacrosse is a pom pom waving no teeth governing body. Hold back, playing down, forged birth certificates and no player id cards will continue on as long as the money keeps flowing. Not until someone is seriously injured and a lawsuit is won will any of this ever be resolved. Administratively lacrosse remains in the dark ages and is being run by some big time travel power brokers

I have a question? Does anyone on the U.S. lacrosse bod have a hold back son or daughter. That would answer a lot of questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a question? Does anyone on the U.S. lacrosse bod have a hold back son or daughter. That would answer a lot of questions.

I know the head of USA football has a 2x 2017 holdback (Feb '97) lax commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL @ LI losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL @ LI losers.

Lol, ok, but is it true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
college coaches have always said...when do we get them on campus? They don't care...this whole reclass thing may explain why LI sucks so bad at the UA tournament....all their guys are a year younger

I understand that fact but the Edge is H-edge-ing their bets that the players will PG or reclass and havnt as of yet done so. If I were that player I wont do a PG Id red shirt on my dime and practice with the team.

The middie "committed" from Edge when is he committed for? Has he a verbal because he is in 9th grade? and is no longer in 8th grade yet he plays in a 2019 bracket.

Apparently it is their 6'3 200+ D guy. He's not committed but has offers from attending camps. He is a reclassified 2019. His brother did the same thing and is going to JHU next year.

Take a look at this picture via the link below, they have a bunch of huge kids on the team, which is 6'3"?

http://instagram.com/p/vgj0CbktxN/

How can a club purposely recruit older kids for grad year teams and then register teams in the wrong age division of tournaments? Tournament management, if they are aware, should be ashamed. With all of the talented teams I see playing all summer and fall this practice should be banned.

I coach an "elite" travel team based in Westchester County NY and felt the need to weigh in. The topic of holdbacks has been hotly debated in our program and we've concluded parents holding their kids back is obviously out of our control. We do not encourage this behavior but we will not prevent a child from trying out for their grade appropriate team. However, we will not permit our teams to play against programs playing down against younger competition. That is something we can control. We have contacted all of the tournament directors in which we are registered and put them on notice. We have been assured by each that "age verification" will be thoroughly enforced. We can not allow cheating at the program and tournament levels to go unchecked. It starts with each program reviewing policies and procedures and taking a stand.

I guess you wont be doing any Maryland Tournaments against elite teams..All are grade based with holdbacksnow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USL is based in Baltimore. Obviously there is a strong MIAA Lax (holdbacks/reclassify) presence around them with either their own children or friends and their children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the worst offenders is laxachucettes 2019. They have mostly 1x holdback as well as a few2x holdbacks.

They are the worst. I played DI in college and have some friends who have kids in that program and they have told me they are tons of holdbacks. If my kids travel team is scheduled to play them this summer I am going to send an email to the parents on my kids team about the situation and we are going to insist that their team shows birth certificates before the game. If they have 1 or 2 holdbacks, no big deal we'll play the game. If they have mostly holdbacks or holdbacks more than 1 year, I will lead a movement to forfeit the game. Laxachussets will be embarrassed and so will the tournament. It seems this is the only way to stop this abuse. I could care less about winning and losing a game in a tournament. Really. It's about safety and fairness and this has to stop. If a team from off Island wants to fill up their roster with holdbacks, fine, just stay where they are and don't bring their cheating time here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard