Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 10:24 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:45 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:26 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:21 AM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:19 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,288
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What's Your View? Player Passes
Anonymous #5796 11/22/11 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you would need the insurance companies to get involved. And since US Lacrosse is prodominately used, i would assume they need to begin to regulate the age issue. the tournament directors just want to collect money, they are al quick to combine brackets when they have low participation. liability and fear of litigation is the only way this gets going.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #5798 11/22/11 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for having player passes. Too many times I have been at tournaments and have seen obviously older kids playing down. It always drives me nuts that coaches and parents are willing to cheat like this. I would never allow my son to play down, and for a game, and we should communicate to our coaches that they have to be more vocal to tournament organizers when it is suspected, quiet angry acceptance is what allows this practice to continue. If coaches know for a fact that the opposing team is fielding older kids they should refuse to take the field and contact the tournament officials. It is us that allow this to contunue to be done, until a pass system is in effect we need to take a stand against it as best we can.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #5807 11/23/11 02:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well photos are a MUST. My son played travel baseball one season for a pretty unethical coach, we left when we found he had copies of other kids birth certificates that had previously been on the team, he kept them as his "proof" of age for the ringers he would poach. For all I know he may have made copies of my sons birth certificate to hold for future use.
Nassau suffolk football league holds a photo registration night before the season starts, any new kid must show up in person with birth certificate have photo taken. Laminated cards are issued, coach holds them, prior to every game they are inspected and matched to each boy there. With football size is a huge issue for liability when you can have a 80 pound 13 year old in the same league with a boy that weighs as much as 160 pounds.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #6080 12/03/11 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please do not assume that kids are older than they really are,my son now 14 just grew at a very young age by 11 he looked 13' I had a parent run after us after a game asking how old he was,this actually happened on 3 occasions, now he is average for his age,the issue being some boys have a huge growth spurt at 11 while others don't until they are 13,so please never assume a kid is older just by his looks,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #6087 12/04/11 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the all players had passes and it was mandated at tournaments, there would be not reason to assume that your son was older......All the more reason to implement player passes.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
CageSage #6313 12/09/11 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And as we approach Winter LEague season, we will show up and play a team that DRIVES one week and play a middle school team the next! Winter and Summer seasons are infamous for bending the eligibility rules, especially with GOALIES!!!

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #8823 03/02/12 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No brainer works with soccer

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10154 03/31/12 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think plsyer passes of some sort are way overdue. Although not a perfect system (what system is), it seems to work well with soccer. Not sure exactly how that would work with lacrosse being separated by grade instead of age. Would stop the blatant cheating done by some. Heard that a team played girls that were too old in the Shamrock Shootout and were caught. It's time to put an end to these types of coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10159 03/31/12 06:07 PM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think plsyer passes of some sort are way overdue. Although not a perfect system (what system is), it seems to work well with soccer. Not sure exactly how that would work with lacrosse being separated by grade instead of age. Would stop the blatant cheating done by some. Heard that a team played girls that were too old in the Shamrock Shootout and were caught. It's time to put an end to these types of coaches.

I'm personally not for player passes. On the girls side of things it seems so much easier because everything is grade based. It's much simpler.

If teams are actually caught "cheating" or putting teams in the wrong age bracket then places like BOTC are a perfect way to let the lacrosse community know.

Like Reply Quote
teamelevate #10173 03/31/12 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you dense? u-age or grade doesn't matter without a picture id (like soccer), girls teams are as guilty as boys when it come to older players playing down in tournaments, in fact i would say 50% of the tournaments my girls have played in have older kids playing down or unrostered kids in the field, get a clue!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #10181 03/31/12 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you dense? u-age or grade doesn't matter without a picture id (like soccer), girls teams are as guilty as boys when it come to older players playing down in tournaments, in fact i would say 50% of the tournaments my girls have played in have older kids playing down or unrostered kids in the field, get a clue!
wow that was nasty

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10182 03/31/12 11:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a child that is a goalie. one year the goalie sustained an injury while playing in a tournament. As we all know goalies are hard to come by and many teams only cary one. The goalie was replaced by , at first ,a goalie from another team, at tournaments where the new goalies team wasn't attending. A few years later , the team 1 year younger, had a goalie sustain an injury within a few days of the start of tournament. My goalie was asked to replace this goalie, not at every game because the schedule conflicted. Now I think we can all agree that at this level of competition replacing a goalie has little effect against scorers, for stoping the rock is very difficult, and I know that some will see this as cheating, but I think this needs to be discussed. The goalies were not replaced to gain advantage, and this is not like inserting a single mid-fielder who's size and speed could radically change the outcome of a game. So for a position as anemic as goalie, where there are so few, and hardly enough to go around, and the position comes with a higher rate of injury, how do we address this situation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10205 04/01/12 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can understand the depth issue you're raising, however, that's what seperates the average teams and the above average teams in every sport at every level

Like Reply Quote
teamelevate #10206 04/01/12 05:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by teamelevate

I'm personally not for player passes. On the girls side of things it seems so much easier because everything is grade based. It's much simpler.

If teams are actually caught "cheating" or putting teams in the wrong age bracket then places like BOTC are a perfect way to let the lacrosse community know.
The only people who would have an issue with player ID's are the ones who are all to flexible in bending or breaking the rules, there's no downside to the player cards

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10212 04/01/12 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can understand the depth issue you're raising, however, that's what seperates the average teams and the above average teams in every sport at every level
how does a general lack of players at a position, or an injury separate average teams from above average? I have seen every organization post the need for goalies.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard